Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

So, I feel like it's time I say something publicly about this whole issue. I've been discussing with the mod team to get a better idea on how this stuff happened, along with checking the threads, and a lot of what's been explained seems honest to me.

I don't think this was a purely nepotism decision, but I think it was handled really, really poorly. So because of that, if you guys want me to step down, I will. 

Firstly, don't

Black suggested you, and everyone else agreed without coercion. You're gentle enough to be able to handle the job well enough. The people supported you all the same. It was a fair selection. 

My bigger concerns are with the existing swamp in the mod team. That swamp needs to be drained. Aix's post gives me hope. Dad and Black have been on this for a while; Lily before them. I think we'll all be alright if this goes according to what people have talked about here. 

You making this post is a pretty good indication that you're gonna be a great pr mod. 

Can't speak for anyone else, but you're a A+ from me. Make me proud 

:444813_key:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to start with, i bear no real ill will towards either selected candidate, congrats to the both of you, and i hope you can fulfill your positions spectacularly. if you cannot, then i will devour your firstborn children

that being said:

First off, I don't know how active you think a PR mod is going to need to be, but assuming it's decently active, you could still give him a chance in this case. And if he doesn't, the position can always be removed from him and given to someone else. As you said, he could be a fine mod; best case scenario he pulls through and it's good. Worst case, he's not terribly active, strip the position, give it to someone else. I don't see how this is worth the over-reaction you seem to be giving.

well under that criteria, for better or worse, i likely could have jumped into the running. then again, i don't use the discord section all that much, and have 1-0% interest in starting to, so i still wouldn't really fit the position. 

as for somebody who has not been nominated, i'd have to put tentacruel's hat into the ring. similar to fusion and crab, he's been both impartial, and rather open to dialoge and change. remaining neutral in polarizing issues (despite his own views) and pointing out when we take things too far in debates, he's shown himself to be a good person all around, and even if he can't really win at this point, he deserves a mention for the spot.

i may not have been as loud about it, but does anybody know what he had to say on the position? did he turn it down? was he even discussed? or is he not active enough?

i may not have been as loud about it, but does anybody know what he had to say on the position? did he turn it down? was he even discussed? or is he not active enough?

I looked through the thread; nothing from him. 

Will say that he got a small mention during the review process (at least I said something about him), but in the final review, we probably forgot about him because his nomination got lost among the others that got more support. I haven't really seen him too much lately, to be honest. 

I looked through the thread; nothing from him. 

Will say that he got a small mention during the review process (at least I said something about him), but in the final review, we probably forgot about him because his nomination got lost among the others that got more support. I haven't really seen him too much lately, to be honest. 

from the past few pages, not too many people got all that much unanimous support overall. so i can proudly say i supported one of the few unopposed people in the entire thread even if he lost.

Archived