Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

What happens in debates stays in debates. That's the reason debates was made. I mean the guy shows up like a week ago, starts cracking heads all around. Fine. But how is that a qualification for being a mod. His main endorsement was from the most contentious mod on the forum lol

That's the point VCR, this isn't a job where you get on site training, you need to have a close relationship with the userbase already. Birdie and me don't agree on most anything. But you don't see many people throwing a fit about her in terms of her capability of doing the job.

I expect someone to be objective of the mod team; the mod team being uneasy about Hina should have been the thing they needed to give her the job. This isn't about putting a patsy in power, it's to help fix a broken bond to the userbase. Having a devils advocate in their midst is the thing to be done if they really cared

It's sad, but not shocking, that patriachy wins out w/ the mod team

:))))))))

If activity is your standard, I don't see any of you getting after Birdie over this.

And this isn't me saying that Birdie would be bad; I'm super glad that Bird finally got the position because I think she's good with interpersonal relations with the userbase just in general, and I see the same potential with Zai, because I know him better for it.

And for the record, he didn't "show up a week ago". He's been involved in the RP section for months now, and while his activity there isn't as frequent as some of us would like, it's been activity nonetheless and quite a few people, myself included, are involved in those circles. No, this isn't the whole site, but it's a good chunk. And this isn't a logical debate, a "devil's advocate" isn't what this position is looking for. It's looking for someone that can kind of represent the userbase and their interests as a whole.

While I have issues for why that needs to be a position at all (it shouldn't need to be), I'll still look at the candidates and judge them for what I've seen of them, and from what I know of Zai, and of the RPs I've been with him and the numerous skype groups, I trust that he has the ability to fulfill those duties. The only issue I see in question is overall involvement with the rest of the community outside of these RP circles, and I'm willing to give him a chance to step up to that plate before I damn him from the position.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birdie is active a funk on discord which Black has made clear is to be treated as a part of YCM. There's very few people who don't know who birdie is cause she talks to us. Hina made a point about her basically being "offered" to us, but a good portion of the community didn't have problems with her after that. Literally nobody knew Zai was a serious contender. How many people supported him? 1? 2? Some public liaison

But don't worry, "whole site" and "good chunk" be damned, I'm sure, he'll sure as hell represent you, wahr, and roxas well :) 

Birdie is active a funk on discord which Black has made clear is to be treated as a part of YCM. There's very few people who don't know who birdie is cause she talks to us. Hina made a point about her basically being "offered" to us, but a good portion of the community didn't have problems with her after that. Literally nobody knew Zai was a serious contender. How many people supported him? 1? 2? Some public liaison

Don't assume that everyone that posted here during the discussion is every and all opinion. And none of that is really any indicator for what the person's ability as a mod could be, which again, I would encourage you to give them a chance before making a drastic assumption.

Dad, since you have the balls to make a smug (yet empty and ironic) comment about having more balls than Winter, do you have the balls to tell me where you see the bolded or is that as empty as your words in the first post?

But don't worry, "whole site" and "good chunk" be damned, I'm sure, he'll sure as hell represent you, wahr, and roxas well :) 

Sorry, I was at the gym.  Just left ya'll on read.  For the record, Birdie and Hina were my initial choices.  I made my decisions based on what was presented.  And yeah, my statement was clear.  Very clear.  Zai wasn't picked because he was "a leftie sjw".  He was picked because Fusion dropped, Yui dropped, Polaris dropped, () was too abrasive, and Hina's personality was not something we could all agree on.  Yui was quite literally sabotaged and thrown under the bus.  You can see where our options sort of dwindled and we made the best decision we had.

Sorry, I was at the gym.  Just left ya'll on read.  For the record, Birdie and Hina were my initial choices.  I made my decisions based on what was presented.  And yeah, my statement was clear.  Very clear.  Zai wasn't picked because he was "a leftie sjw".  He was picked because Fusion dropped, Yui dropped, Polaris dropped, () was too abrasive, and Hina's personality was not something we could all agree on.  Yui was quite literally sabotaged and thrown under the bus.  You can see where our options sort of dwindled and we made the best decision we had.

Really man? Pear was too abrasive so y'all did the logical thing and picked Zai...Hina had a questionable personality so y'all did the logical thing and picked Zai...this is a funking bad joke man

Really man? Pear was too abrasive so y'all did the logical thing and picked Zai...that's a funking bad joke man

Take it how you want.  This was a factor we included when we were making our decisions.  This isn't something we just plopped and dropped.  We thought carefully about this.  Black of course will take the reigns and better explain the details tomorrow.

I'm going to drop in and mention that both of the candidates are on a probationary period, much like how Black, Dad and Smear were during their initial promotions last July. If they work out during that period (activity is good, they contribute to discussions and keep order), then they can be considered for proper promotion (which again is something that only evil/Flame can do). Otherwise, they revert to being normal members.

Their promotions are not permanent and will be under evaluation for the next month or so.

===

As Dad already mentioned, Black will be giving you all a general explanation tomorrow about how we arrived at getting to Bree and Zai as the new PR mods.

===

Regarding members like Chaos Sonic, Sleepy and Shradow, their names were not brought up as potential candidates (least from looking in this thread). I know Sleepy posted in here a few times, but that was to endorse other candidates. If their names were mentioned, then we would've certainly taken them into consideration.

I cannot speak for the other staff members about how they feel, but I have a generally positive opinion of all three of you (should you be reading this).

After voicing your choice for someone who should be put into place as a PR Mod, the team will as always discuss our own opinions.  After deliberating and narrowing down your selective choices, we will announce the PR Mod publicly so that you are aware of your newly elected Mod.  

I believe that's because this was poorly communicated.  That alone is my fault.  Don't lynch anyone for that, unless you're gonna lynch me.  I'd appreciate it if the rest of the moderator team wasn't thrown under the bus because I couldn't properly articulate my post so that everyone understood it.  I refuse to let that happen.

I believe that's because this was poorly communicated.  That alone is my fault.  Don't lynch anyone for that, unless you're gonna lynch me.  I'd appreciate it if the rest of the moderator team wasn't thrown under the bus because I couldn't properly articulate my post so that everyone understood it.  I refuse to let that happen.

Rest of the mod team are fluent in English last I checked. They all saw your post. They gave silent consent and planted daggers using our trust

Rest of the mod team are fluent in English last I checked. They all saw your post. They gave silent consent and planted daggers using our trust

So are you.  Clearly you had no problem with my post until now.  Which is why we're having this discussion.  Again, the lack of communication is my fault.  I thought my post was clear.  We would listen to your thoughts, and decide based on the choices given.  That's what we did.  

If Zai was picked because he was the last one left rather than because you thought he was well suited for the position, would it not have made far more sense to re-open this thread to say you've agreed on Birdie but still are unsure of a second pick and give a chance for other nominations rather than what it appears now, in picking someone for the sake of it.

Cowcow nailed it, I used the wrong word

Objective is right, my error, sorry

Well if she's anything like Black, she'll be a welcome addition. May I suggest a surprise pick, and also nominate my former debate rival Jesse? I've grown to appreciate her recently, and she seems like she'd be an objective personality to have. Would prefer Hina or Mido tho

I'm like 3 days late on this but I'm maximum ass at actually communicating with the public when in any kind of moderation or administrative position. I can do any kind of moderating job except this.

ty for the endorsement tho

no comment on any of the drama surrounding this thing as a whole

If Zai was picked because he was the last one left rather than because you thought he was well suited for the position, would it not have made far more sense to re-open this thread to say you've agreed on Birdie but still are unsure of a second pick and give a chance for other nominations rather than what it appears now, in picking someone for the sake of it.

he was found to be a decent choice off the bat. Some mods wanted him over Yui.

The issue was that Yui got taken out of it. This meant Hina and Zai were left, and, as explained, Hina... never really stood a chance, sadly. So while it wasn't the optimal choice for many of us, it wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel, outright.

I'll be back after some breakfast, then I'll explain.

So are you. Clearly you had no problem with my post until now. Which is why we're having this discussion. Again, the lack of communication is my fault. I thought my post was clear. We would listen to your thoughts, and decide based on the choices given. That's what we did.

You cannot clear the mod team here, by taking this hit. You said it was a public thing. Mods posted and they all saw your post. None of them contradicted,l And in the end our PR mod is a guy who nominated himself and then his second public one was Roxas backing him. Y'all have sent a clear message where you stand

Zai is a good pick, and I think looking for the post-hoc justifications in the thread alone is probably a self-defeating route.

What is it that makes you think someone who is virtually unknown to the majority of the site and who received almost no support in this thread other than his nomination, which he made himself, is a good choice for a public relations position?

What is it that makes you think someone who is virtually unknown to the majority of the site and who received almost no support in this thread other than his nomination, which he made himself, is a good choice for a public relations position?

Roxas voted for him :)

He had /somone/ else back him. Helps to have friends in high places. Sometimes that results in good choices like Aubrey. Other times not so much

So, I'll try this.

Polaris and Fusion were not up for the position. Regardless of how well or ill equipped we thought they were, they chose not to be candidates. So the small complaints about Fuse not getting it (be it public or private, I can't recall) are over something the team did not choose.

Birdie was the pick we were supposed to bring forward. That's not to say she was 100% guaranteed to get it, because she was meant to be approved/disapproved by the members. And she did face some questions about it, which she handled very well. This thread did not have the proper communication, though, which I sincerely apologize for.

Yui was greater than or equal to Zai. Yui was why I hinted at a duo, because I thought Yui + Bree could add a lot of energy to the team, be warm and friendly faces. It seemed perfect. But between his friends going out of their way to privately tell us what was wrong (over a PR position, mind) and his own wariness after one of said friends talked to him with seeming concern, we could not choose him. The last minute drop out only supports this unfortunate decision.

Cowcow was one of two other members we spoke about before coming forward. We had concerns over his temperament and personality in the position, and we had already decided against Cow before he was ever suggested. And he even admitted to these issues, which are much the same reasons we rejected Yui. We had less reason to believe Yui was still stuck to these ways, until we were informed otherwise.

Hina... I believed her when she said she could do it. That she could drop the act and get the job done. But the issue isn't what someone who has a good opinion of her thinks... It's everyone else. With her behavior the way it is, there's no case that can be made. It's off-putting, not approachable. I know she could genuinely do it, I really do, but what case is there to make when she, herself, undermines the* case? This is an example of actions not lining up with words, and if Hina could show everyone else what I know she's capable of, she'd probably have been a shoo-in.

Kano, Jesse, and Mido were 1-ofs that got swept up in the happenings. Kano was the only of these with any discussion, though I don't think I'd be opposed to Jesse in a position of power, though maybe not this one.

Zai was a member that a number of the team felt could handle situations well. While a member of the team who knew him better than most was wary, he still found him to be a better choice than most of what we were offered here. He was the 3rd place pick for most, 2nd place for some. He's not entirely without support, and we did have some concerns still, such as Saiku's status, but it would be less risky to test someone for inactivity than test someone for poor temperament, when trying to get a member to rationally mediate. There are concerns that have come up since, but treating him as a joke entry should have clearly been the wrong thing to do. I told Kano why I was opposed to him in a professional way, but I gave Zai neutrality, and while I did not speak for the mod team as a whole with that, such should have been a sign that he wasn't a joke/concerns should have been brought up. I'd think Brexit/Trump winning should be proof of not writing a "joke" off.

Giga ruined his own chances. While he wasn't a frontrunner from the start, he was probably floating just below the top 3. I had regained my respect for him over this past year and some. However, his behaviors during this process were alarming for someone aiming to be a PR mod, and evidence points towards him using a moderator to leak him information to help him gain the position. The straw that broke the camel's back was when he tried to privately campaign (again, Public Relations moderator) for it, due to this being too slow/too public. He gave backhanded compliments to two of his fellow candidates, while calling them friends, and came across arrogant in contrast to his borderline meek lack of expecting it earlier. This event also seemed to indicate that he had leaked info, as well, due to the timing and context of one of his pitches.

Oh, and about the supposed "mole" on the mod team: I've already told them I'm disappointed with them. I'm not angry, and I don't wish to know their identity. I never sold my mole out, and I don't expect Giga to sell his out. I only wish that they'd learn from the mistakes of the past, where I was Mod Enemy #1 due to how I forced transparency in the places that needed to be kept shrouded. Which is also why the PR Member idea doesn't work, as I touched on earlier. If they were around when I did such, this is inexcusable. If not, they need to learn.

You cannot clear the mod team here, by taking this hit. You said it was a public thing. Mods posted and they all saw your post. None of them contradicted,l And in the end our PR mod is a guy who nominated himself and then his second public one was Roxas backing him. Y'all have sent a clear message where you stand

I brought it up. I brought up our lack of pitching Bree. Nai was also very confused by the line about votes, even though it does say the final decision is ours. It was worded poorly. Which is what we're working to fix.

Honestly astounded that you think Hina was disqualified for being unapproachable but then pick Zai.

Same thing with Giga fighting dirty then you picking Kate's cheerleader as the accepted alternative.

There was no reason to pick a second mod if all second choices bottomed out. Brexit/Trump comparison isn't valid here. Those two had a movement behind them. Zai has 1 contested mod, 2 guys that showed up recently again (Phil and Draco) and VCR backing him. People had no idea that the public votes were just a formality otherwise more would have come out in favor of Hina and against zai then instead of now (ex. Enguin)

At work, gotta be brief.

It wasn't fighting dirty that did Giga in. It was a mix.

And we couldn't back out of a duo. Last time such happened, there was also uproar, and why would we look like sore losers if our preferred pick didn't pan out?

Hina point is mostly hypothetical.

Uproar from who gdi

There's uproar NOW that you guy did pull this one over our eyes. First all the talk about one of recs. Zai was a 1 of as well. Outside of Roxas who endorsed him? (Before he was selected)

Just becuase your preferred candidate loses doesn't mean you pick the guy with least support

Archived