Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

We got next to no comments or concerns over Zai, maybe because you thought he was a joke, maybe because you figured it would work out, but when Yui gets bombarded by his friends saying he'd do a poor job and other members shoot themselves in the foot, Zai was what we had left. Coming forward with why he's a bad idea now doesn't help, you should have put it out earlier.

Woah woah I wasn't bombarded by anybody :O I had literally one conversation with anybody pertaining to the position at all.

The whole conversation I had that you're thinking of kinda boiled down to "You'd be a great mod, just not this mod; like I'd like you as a section mod for RP" and me going "I can kinda see that; guess I'll wait for Aix or Nai to inevitably step down or something". Even without that to be honest, I probably still would have freaked out at the last second and dropped. I dream big, but I'm not always the sort of person who should go big =w=;

Just wanted to clear that up is all. He's not my favorite pick for this (still Parenthesis), but I can see Zai doing a pretty decent job.

Also uh congrats y'all two, Zai & Birdie. Birds of a feather mod together so they say =w=

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you had given inclination that Zai was a serious contender, people who would have voted for Hina, but thought Yui would win, would have come out

Y'all should have told us Yui was out of consideration and allowed us to re-vote. IDK who supported Zai outside of Roxas in that one post at the very end. But the guy has post like 20 times in the last year. Correctly me if I'm wrong, doesn't public relations mean being able to relate to the public. Where has Zai shown that recently?

Also where was the backlash against Hina? People were pretty openly supporting her in the topic, the only person I recall that was critical of her, was me, who made clear why and where I had issues, but then prefaced said issues weren't big enough (for me) to be a deal breaker.

It's just disappointing guys, that you'd give us an illusion of choice then do this smoke and mirrors act

YCMembers.  The Mod Team has heard you.  Sometime ago, you suggested a Public Relations Moderator for better communication between moderators and members should be put into place.  As with any public relations, it is in all of our best interests if your Public Relations Moderator was elected by you.  At this time, we would like you to come forward with a name of someone who you, the YCMembers, deem most appropriate to fulfill this position.

The issue is that, as a result of Zai having the least support, you have tarnished the premise of this moderator election, absolutely obliterating the integrity of the entire thread and any posts made by the moderators here. If you were a moderator who supported this, I invite you to explain how you could (so eloquently as Dad put it) have the balls to choose a PR moderator that is a product of the opposite of PR.

As well, such a group decided to not allow Winter to make status updates, further destroying the integrity of the moderator team's word.  

And, of course, as Winter said, there was nobody outright arguing against me.

Woah woah I wasn't bombarded by anybody :O

The whole conversation I had that you're thinking of kinda boiled down to "You'd be a great mod, just not this mod; like I'd like you as a section mod for RP" and me going "I can kinda see that; guess I'll wait for Aix or Nai to inevitably step down or something". Even without that to be honest, I probably still would have freaked out at the last second and dropped. I dream big, but I'm not always the sort of person who should go big =w=;

Just wanted to clear that up is all. He's not my favorite pick for this (still Parenthesis), but I can see Zai doing a pretty decent job.

Also uh congrats y'all two, Zai & Birdie. Birds of a feather mod together so they say =w=

You were out of the running last night. I received private messages discrediting you as a choice. One for being "inexperienced" and the other for you not having a good temperament to handle it and more. One seemed rather earnest, admittedly.

This is what I was talking about.

As for zai, he may not have had a ton of support, but he had some. And I already said you can count him as Mod choice, so beating a dead horse.

You were out of the running last night. I received private messages discrediting you as a choice. One for being "inexperienced" and the other for you not having a good temperament to handle it and more. One seemed rather earnest, admittedly.

This is what I was talking about.

As for zai, he may not have had a ton of support, but he had some. And I already said you can count him as Mod choice, so beating a dead horse.

One could make an argument that Birdie was mod choice as well. We agreed with said choice, but it was absolutely already decided upon.

Regarding Zai, as I said to Dad, he would probably make a fine mod, but he is the opposite of what you would want for PR. He is secluded to his own section, abrasive toward many, and is hardly active by any means.

The issue is that, as a result of Zai having the least support, you have tarnished the premise of this moderator election, absolutely obliterating the integrity of the entire thread and any posts made by the moderators here. If you were a moderator who supported this, I invite you to explain how you could (so eloquently as Dad put it) have the balls to choose a PR moderator that is a product of the opposite of PR.

As well, such a group decided to not allow Winter to make status updates, further destroying the integrity of the moderator team's word.

status update thing is a separate issue, trust me

It was never framed as a vote. Which is why it was later said not to count. It's an issue of miscommunication, which is what we are working to fix. It was meant for the team to share their initial choice (Birdie) and ask for the site's concerns/other ideas. A discussion. This is why I was so confused when the thread came out, asking why we didn't share our pick.

This is why you need a calm level headed PR Mod

Some brainiac in the mod team with a lack of 7th grade understanding of American History confused "Cherokee Nation," a reference to the POTUS ignoring a court order, as me advocating for genocide.

For reference, the current Trump White House was apparently contesting a court order out of NY, so I made the status (which has since been removed) Trump going to go cherokee nation. Act with your feeling the mod has struck again.

Now 3 guesses which SJW shitlord tone deaf mod made that call, but the lack of any sort of communication further shows why this mod team in large part is a colossal failure 

ssbb-ganondorf-gets-angry-o.gif

I get they're supposed to be private and all, hence being private messages, but...would you mind shedding a bit more light on this? Preferably sending me the messages? I'd like to know who went behind my back and took me out of the race before I could even take myself out of it.

status update thing is a separate issue, trust me

It was never framed as a vote. Which is why it was later said not to count. It's an issue of miscommunication, which is what we are working to fix. It was meant for the team to share their initial choice (Birdie) and ask for the site's concerns/other ideas. A discussion. This is why I was so confused when the thread came out, asking why we didn't share our pick.

You shared your choice, and then we agreed on it. Discussion was had on other potential candidates, and then you chose zai because reasons.

After voicing your choice for someone who should be put into place as a PR Mod, the team will as always discuss our own opinions.  After deliberating and narrowing down your selective choices, we will announce the PR Mod publicly so that you are aware of your newly elected Mod.

Dad, since you have the balls to make a smug (yet empty and ironic) comment about having more balls than Winter, do you have the balls to tell me where you see the bolded or is that as empty as your words in the first post?

It's kind of silly to say that someone shouldn't be a mod because they currently aren't terribly active. It's making the assumption that they can't do something as easy as being more involved or active now that they're a mod.

He's done a real bang up job since he became active again! /s

The point of PR mod is being able to have a good relationship with both the mod team and the base to be the middle man

1) Either be painfully objective - Hina and Fusion

2) Be chummy - Yui and Giga

Zai is neither

I'm in support of Zai. Naturally I feel I would have been an exceptional choice, but Zai is a respectable option for me in the same ways that CowCow was my primary pick. I know who they are, they know who people are, and they're reasonably good at displaying their thoughts on things, even if they don't always choose not to or aren't always serious. I trust Zai will be serious when the situation requires it, and will handle things well.

As I said before, I don't know Birdie well and I suspect some others don't either, which is why I'm not totally sold there, but naturally, the decision must be respected until it deserves to not be.

He's done a real bang up job since he became active again! /s

The point of PR mod is being able to have a good relationship with both the mod team and the base to be the middle man

1) Either be painfully objective - Hina and Fusion

2) Be chummy - Yui and Giga

Zai is neither

Being involved in the Zai RP's and the skype chats involved, I can say honestly that Zai can be both very well. His fault is that his involvement in the community is pretty low, but I trust that he can pull his socks up in that area now that the need arises.

ssbb-ganondorf-gets-angry-o.gif

I get they're supposed to be private and all, hence being private messages, but...would you mind shedding a bit more light on this? Preferably sending me the messages? I'd like to know who went behind my back and took me out of the race before I could even take myself out of it.

Won't name names but you don't handle drama well and don't act that responsible is the gist of the complaints against you. I know at least 3 people said the same thing.

Won't name names but you don't handle drama well and don't act that responsible is the gist of the complaints against you. I know at least 3 people said the same thing.

I've already had it covered and taken care of. Good looking out though (=w=)b

Being involved in the Zai RP's and the skype chats involved, I can say honestly that Zai can be both very well. His fault is that his involvement in the community is pretty low, but I trust that he can pull his socks up in that area now that the need arises.

Well he's got your endorsement. There goes all my fears about him :)

@modteam

When y'all get me and (  agreeing on something, y'all funked up bad

It's kind of silly to say that someone shouldn't be a mod because they currently aren't terribly active. It's making the assumption that they can't do something as easy as being more involved or active now that they're a mod.

A big issue is that zai has said "i'm going to be active now" countless times to no avail.

A big issue is that zai has said "i'm going to be active now" countless times to no avail.

First off, I don't know how active you think a PR mod is going to need to be, but assuming it's decently active, you could still give him a chance in this case. And if he doesn't, the position can always be removed from him and given to someone else. As you said, he could be a fine mod; best case scenario he pulls through and it's good. Worst case, he's not terribly active, strip the position, give it to someone else. I don't see how this is worth the over-reaction you seem to be giving.

It doesn't matter if he's gonna be active or not. Judging him purely from his triumphant return to YCM the last week, I'm not seeing what the mods saw that they were like "aha! This is the guy we want to be our envoy"

Like jesus contrast him and birdie even

First off, I don't know how active you think a PR mod is going to need to be, but assuming it's decently active, you could still give him a chance in this case. And if he doesn't, the position can always be removed from him and given to someone else. As you said, he could be a fine mod; best case scenario he pulls through and it's good. Worst case, he's not terribly active, strip the position, give it to someone else. I don't see how this is worth the over-reaction you seem to be giving.

Tell me, how easy has it proven to remove modships 

It doesn't matter if he's gonna be active or not. Judging him purely from his triumphant return to YCM the last week, I'm not seeing what the mods saw that they were like "aha! This is the guy we want to be our envoy"

Like jesus contrast him and birdie even

If you're referring specifically to his posts in reply to you in general (the section, though "in general" could apply as well), very, very few people are going to be mod if that's the standard being set.

Tell me, how easy has it proven to remove modships 

A lot easier if a few criteria are met:

- the mods are decently involved with the community (this has improved immensely over the past few months-ish)

- that if the PR mod's activity is an issue that it's known among the mods now that this should be kept an eye on.

I mean, I don't really know what any of you expect the PR mod to actually do, but if it's a problem then make it known in a mature and respectful manner.

Thank you participating members for sharing your voices, your concerns, and your time.  At this time, the staff has reached a unanimous decision.  Our two newest PR Moderators will be Zai and Birdie.  Congratulations to the both of you, and we all look forward to working with you for the good of the forum.

Good picks. I was kind of hoping you would pick Zai. I didn't vote for him because I knew it would cause drama.

Congratulations to you both!

If you're referring specifically to his posts in reply to you in general (the section, though "in general" could apply as well), very, very few people are going to be mod if that's the standard being set.

A lot easier if a few criteria are met:

- the mods are decently involved with the community (this has improved immensely over the past few months-ish)

- that if the PR mod's activity is an issue that it's known among the mods now that this should be kept an eye on.

I mean, I don't really know what any of you expect the PR mod to actually do, but if it's a problem then make it known in a mature and respectful manner.

What happens in debates stays in debates. That's the reason debates was made. I mean the guy shows up like a week ago, starts cracking heads all around. Fine. But how is that a qualification for being a mod. His main endorsement was from the most contentious mod on the forum lol

That's the point VCR, this isn't a job where you get on site training, you need to have a close relationship with the userbase already. Birdie and me don't agree on most anything. But you don't see many people throwing a fit about her in terms of her capability of doing the job.

I expect someone to be objective of the mod team; the mod team being uneasy about Hina should have been the thing they needed to give her the job. This isn't about putting a patsy in power, it's to help fix a broken bond to the userbase. Having a devils advocate in their midst is the thing to be done if they really cared

It's sad, but not shocking, that nepotism wins out w/ the mod team

Good picks. I was kind of hoping you would pick Zai. I didn't vote for him because I knew it would cause drama.

Congratulations to you both!

:))))))))

Archived