Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

As for my behavior during the last few days, I mostly just talked to the other candidates about the position and process to get a feel for how they thought they could fill the role. The stuff with Polaris in here was a silly waste of everyone's time.

I don't personally consider my actions to be shady, but if the team thinks it rules me out for the position, I can respect that decision.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I advocate removal of 4-6 team members zzz

Results please. It's about time

When was this unlocked? Whelp.... have 3 pages of content worth of reading ahead of me.... but in the mean time.

*Raises hand*

Me, I voted against the idea of Hina or Polaris. Unless everybody pretty much ignored my vote...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the subject of Zai:

I don't have anything for or against Zai because I don't even know who that member is... To be honest, I ignore if he's more well known, though he seems to have a very low post count compared to the years his account has existed according to a quick profile visit. I thought it was akin to a low star member going for it.... Hopefully comments on the next 3 pages of read clear some of this up for me.

You and me then. And in the case of me, it was more a personal critique rather than a discussion on her merit, I'd have to go read your dissent again

Yeah? Shall I come to you with evidence that a certain member of the mod team has wrongly pushed for my ban in the last 12 hours using fake information? Will you stand up for me against that mod? Cause I've brought it up with two mods who are actually my friends and nothing has been done about the belligerent mod or my penalty that they wrongfully inflicted on me.

By all means please do. I'm going into this with an open mind and if I disagree with any actions they've taken you can be sure that I'll voice my misgivings. Go right ahead and PM me about it.

I'd be fine with either of these:

Fusion: He's one of the most level-headed members I've seen at YCM throughout the years. He strikes me as somebody not easily swept by public consensus on topics. My only worry is I don't personally see Fusion around a lot so I don't actually know how active he is.

Giga: I support the above post nominating him, he is overall a very cool member. I think he's very eloquent and can be vocal when he needs to, among other things...

Cow: Cow is one of the friendliest members out there IMO, and probably the only nominee in this list I actually have chatted with more. 

Birdie: Because she seems like the most enthusiastic one about the subject. That alone makes it worth giving it a shot. I have a few kind of concerns... Most already addressed somewhere in the thread although I didn't read everything in detail (so I could come write my post)... but still, again, worth a shot and she'd have my support too.

^In addition to my previous post, I wanna clarify that other candidates tossed around in the thread I didn't mention I by default have bigger issues on the idea of them being leaders.

Particularly, Polaris is a rather sketchy suggestion IMO, and I am not around as often as I would like to be, but the few times I bump into Hina's post she's jumping in to correct somebody on some nitpick or roleplaying her character "for amusement". That's a failure in the "approachable" department, although again, just my personal experience from recent memory talking, and what do I know?

- - - 

On CowCow having a past, this is my first time hearing about it but people grow and mature all the time. If it's just something long past, I'd still give it a chance. 

Giga and Fusion are still my top personal candidates, but Cow and Birdie are also pretty cool.

Again, Birdie seems to have a lot of passion put behind the idea of this project so would love to see what she does.

I'm not seeing where you publicly dissented against Hina, can you point me to it.

1) Not supporting her publicly =/= public dissent. (regarding 1st post)

2) Wasn't this partical point addressed about hina not one post ahead? (regarding second, cause that was my post complaining about her)

By all means please do. I'm going into this with an open mind and if I disagree with any actions they've taken you can be sure that I'll voice my misgivings. Go right ahead and PM me about it.

PM system won't let me, asked Koko to do it

I'm not seeing where you publicly dissented against Hina, can you point me to it.

1) Not supporting her publicly =/= public dissent. (regarding 1st post)

2) Wasn't this partical point addressed about hina not one post ahead? (regarding second, cause that was my post complaining about her)

Not supporting as in, being neutral, is my default stance to my non-votes, which I don't know very well to make an opinion on.

The only non-votes I mentioned specifically are Hina and Polaris because my reaction to them getting it is a little [lower than indifferent/neutral].

That's all there is to my posts. Polaris has a few samples for me to think this way, but the recent one where I was present was his attitude at the Waifu thread.

That's not the kind of reactions you want in the face of somebody in charge of "Public Relations".

Hina... To be short about it, pretty much everything Black has said on Hina's regard in this thread I agree with (as far as what I've read).... I don't doubt she's able to be nice, I was a close friend of hers a few years back and I know that. . . . but she's not at the moment, and she's not because she is choosing to have the act she has been doing. I think it is a better choice if we can choose somebody that already wants to be approachable and not somebody that chooses not to and says she's willing to "drop the act" to perform duties. We are talking about "I promise to go out of my way for this job"..... 

Regarding members like Chaos Sonic, Sleepy and Shradow, their names were not brought up as potential candidates (least from looking in this thread). I know Sleepy posted in here a few times, but that was to endorse other candidates. If their names were mentioned, then we would've certainly taken them into consideration.

I cannot speak for the other staff members about how they feel, but I have a generally positive opinion of all three of you (should you be reading this).

In all honesty, I thought about raising my hand and postulating for it but ultimately decided not to. Public Relations is one of my weakest points as the shy introverted person I am that also needs somebody to give me their name several times before I can remember it. Then there's the idea that I'd likely have to deal down the road with scenarios like Winter arguing for something out of my power and me having to be the face to calm people down and present what the mod team says..... I think Birdie has proved herself in this thread so I'm happy with that result. Frankly speaking her job scares me a little. Really glad I was thought of for this mention though. 

- - - - -

Now that I caught up with the thread again, Zaiduck has some pretty good support behind. I'd be willing to give it a go.

I was surprised to hear two people were promoted. I thought it was only one spot that was going to open up.

Guess we'll see how things go in this probation period.

Can't refute this. He has the right support, from the right people, at the right time. Public displeasure has been noted and codified. There's not much that's going to change from more jabroniing. He's the mod like it or not

Crazy how Trump Zai got elected, isn't it?

[spoiler=Jokes aside]

I do appreciate that Black explained the mods' thought process behind choosing the candidates, outlining that they heard and acknowledged all choices brought up in some form. That goes along with their promise of transparency and it lets the candidates themselves understand why mods had reservations with them so that they can keep those factors in mind next time a spot's open.

I don't think Zai is a bad choice either. From what I see, I think people are more upset over the notion that they felt snubbed and that their voices were undermined. Which I understand was not the mods' intentions at all, it was a miscommunication in the OP. I don't think anyone would say the mods acted out of malice against members' wishes.

But a lot of users are confused and angry over what happened and that should definitely be taken into account going forward. Having PR mods review any future threads entailing ramifications with the forum and/or mods should definitely be a new standard. They can catch potential oversights like this last one failing to specify that mods are still ultimately the decision-makers but will take user input into account. And they could also test the waters for preliminary reactions to something the mods are mulling over in their forum. Instead of the duo idea being tossed out there in the thread and feeling beholden to it afterwards, see if members feel if there even needs to be two or not.

I also think a longer window next election would be a good idea. This all happened over the weekend; I think it'd be a good idea leaving the next thread open for about a week giving more time for other members to come in (for example, Shradow's an active member and didn't even know about the election until it was all over) and for candidates to think things through. Imagine if you had chosen Yui only for him to bail right before the announcement. Giving periodic status updates to let people know about the election/issue at hand will help corral more users to take a look (I do think I saw a few people do this, but specifying what the URL you're linking is would be good).

Zai should be given a fair chance; whatever qualms are to be had from the election results weren't because he sabotaged anyone or rigged the results.

It's important that we don't draw lines in the sand either between the community and the mods. Dad openly admitted he made a mistake writing the OP and Black explained the team's thoughts for each candidate; this isn't setting a precedent that mods are out to screw us over. It's fine to be mad with them, but I would caution against writing them off. I've seen members vilify mods in an us vs them mentality in the past and it didn't really help anyone. They slipped up this time, they'll do better next time. And if Zai trying and failing to be a mod is the worst that comes out of this, then no long-lasting harm right?

Polaris has a few samples for me to think this way, but the recent one where I was present was his attitude at the Waifu thread.

That's not the kind of reactions you want in the face of somebody in charge of "Public Relations".

I appreciate your honesty. My conduct throughout that event was less than gracious at times. That said, I don't regret it. I believe public relations should be less about maintaining a positive image and more about accurately reflecting what's happening so that all involved parties can make informed decisions. 

I encourage the appointed PR relations moderators to act in this way, with uncompromising integrity even at the risk of demotion.

The stuff with Polaris in here was a silly waste of everyone's time.

I don't think it was and am sorry you do.

Crazy how Trump Zai got elected, isn't it?

[spoiler=Jokes aside]

I do appreciate that Black explained the mods' thought process behind choosing the candidates, outlining that they heard and acknowledged all choices brought up in some form. That goes along with their promise of transparency and it lets the candidates themselves understand why mods had reservations with them so that they can keep those factors in mind next time a spot's open.

I don't think Zai is a bad choice either. From what I see, I think people are more upset over the notion that they felt snubbed and that their voices were undermined. Which I understand was not the mods' intentions at all, it was a miscommunication in the OP. I don't think anyone would say the mods acted out of malice against members' wishes.

But a lot of users are confused and angry over what happened and that should definitely be taken into account going forward. Having PR mods review any future threads entailing ramifications with the forum and/or mods should definitely be a new standard. They can catch potential oversights like this last one failing to specify that mods are still ultimately the decision-makers but will take user input into account. And they could also test the waters for preliminary reactions to something the mods are mulling over in their forum. Instead of the duo idea being tossed out there in the thread and feeling beholden to it afterwards, see if members feel if there even needs to be two or not.

I also think a longer window next election would be a good idea. This all happened over the weekend; I think it'd be a good idea leaving the next thread open for about a week giving more time for other members to come in (for example, Shradow's an active member and didn't even know about the election until it was all over) and for candidates to think things through. Imagine if you had chosen Yui only for him to bail right before the announcement. Giving periodic status updates to let people know about the election/issue at hand will help corral more users to take a look (I do think I saw a few people do this, but specifying what the URL you're linking is would be good).

Zai should be given a fair chance; whatever qualms are to be had from the election results weren't because he sabotaged anyone or rigged the results.

It's important that we don't draw lines in the sand either between the community and the mods. Dad openly admitted he made a mistake writing the OP and Black explained the team's thoughts for each candidate; this isn't setting a precedent that mods are out to screw us over. It's fine to be mad with them, but I would caution against writing them off. I've seen members vilify mods in an us vs them mentality in the past and it didn't really help anyone. They slipped up this time, they'll do better next time. And if Zai trying and failing to be a mod is the worst that comes out of this, then no long-lasting harm right?

I'm not sure how to respond to this. There is a very clear problem in the mod team that we needed a good PR mod to deal with (Birdie fits this role).

I get this 12th hour correction about mods having a "misunderstanding" in the OP, but Koko honestly nailed it perfectly. And again Fusion, there were plenty of mods on this topic that saw this topic, posted in it, and then didn't bother to correct Dad. If they gave a fig about transparency, they would have done so, instead of issuing a next day Mea Culpa. In the end, one vote was not equal to anothers. They should have given updates on people being eliminated, and explaind why Hina would not be acceptable instead of playing us like fools and letting us vote for her. I will agree with you that there's no reason to be angry with the mod team on this. As Jack said last night, there should be no surprise this is how the dealt with it. Institutional self-defending corruption doesn't want to fix itself, and it'll never want to. Honestly, I feel awful for birdie, cause this whole PR mod thing is revealed as the scam it is, and she seemed genuine in wanting to fill that role

I did take Kano's advice and put out a litmus test to Zai. I'm not sure it's gonna get worse, but based on his answer, not one damn thing is gonna change around these parts. We just have extra levels of bureaucracy to enhance the YCM fog machine that they call "transparency"

Saddening, disgusting, but sadly not shocking.

Edit:

Trump had 45% support, he was one margin of error from winning the vote. This is more akin to DWS, Super Delegates, and the voter fraud that happened in the Primary rather than trump edging through in a few rust belt states filled with Reagan democrats (just wanted to correct the record :P)

Short post before heading home, but I both pointed out that the votes weren't actually votes AND that we were supposed to announce our candidate in this thread, lending to the fact it was miscommunication. Within this thread, at that. And there are posts in the mod forum one could screen so to further corroborate such.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. There is a very clear problem in the mod team that we needed a good PR mod to deal with (Birdie fits this role).

I get this 12th hour correction about mods having a "misunderstanding" in the OP, but Koko honestly nailed it perfectly. And again Fusion, there were plenty of mods on this topic that saw this topic, posted in it, and then didn't bother to correct Dad. If they gave a fig about transparency, they would have done so, instead of issuing a next day Mea Culpa. In the end, one vote was not equal to anothers. They should have given updates on people being eliminated, and explaind why Hina would not be acceptable instead of playing us like fools and letting us vote for her. I will agree with you that there's no reason to be angry with the mod team on this. As Jack said last night, there should be no surprise this is how the dealt with it. Institutional self-defending corruption doesn't want to fix itself, and it'll never want to. Honestly, I feel awful for birdie, cause this whole PR mod thing is revealed as the scam it is, and she seemed genuine in wanting to fill that role

I did take Kano's advice and put out a litmus test to Zai. I'm not sure it's gonna get worse, but based on his answer, not one damn thing is gonna change around these parts. We just have extra levels of bureaucracy to enhance the YCM fog machine that they call "transparency"

Edit:

Trump had 45% support, he was one margin of error from winning the vote. This is more akin to DWS, Super Delegates, and the voter fraud that happened in the Primary rather than trump edging through in a few rust belt states filled with Reagan democrats (just wanted to correct the record :P)

For the record, your "litmus test" was asking me to weigh in on a recent issue involving a status you made. to which I responded something to the tune of

"I don't think they went about handling the matter the right way, but perhaps next time be a little bit more clear in your statuses so we don't jump to the conclusion that its unsavory." I can quote things if you like.

Not sure how that has anything to do with how the team handled my promotion, nor do I think that that response indicates a particular bias toward one "side" or the other.

The fact that the OP was poorly worded also doesn't change the message that Dad intended to convey. As far as I've seen the team hasn't been hush hush about this at all. Just saying.

I appreciate your honesty. My conduct throughout that event was less than gracious at times. That said, I don't regret it. I believe public relations should not less about maintaining a positive image and more about accurately reflecting what's happening so that all informed parties can make informed decisions. 

I encourage the appointed PR relations moderators to act in this way, with uncompromising integrity even at the risk of demotion.

I agree the position doesn't need to prioritize being nice and soft over everything else and sometimes it is unavoidable to lose grace while arguing for what one finds right.

I don't think that applies to your conduct over there. A leisure activity that harms nobody is not the right place to get all rightous over your personal quires with said activity. If you'd follow suit and butt in into other activities to tell people their interests are sheet and that they'd be better off dropping it, or going out of your way voting for the reasons you did under the lone goal of wanting the event at hand to lose face so you can ridicule the members that were just trying to have a good time.... That kind of attitude makes you about bottom of the list at the forum for the position of socially interacting as a bridge between two groups of people to appease both sides IMO.

That said, I don't really dislike you as a member. You've posted plenty of content throughout the years that I like. It just you occasionally do stuff like this^

Edit:

Don't feel sorry for Birdie. Mods have pretty much equal footing and mostly just need to answer to the overall consensus when that is needed. She's gonna be pretty much her own boss, and she's gonna be able to implement the actions she's looking for implementing. I agree the event was wild and messy, and it mostly narrows down to the event being too quick. Even the lack of updates is part of it due to how fast everything happened. However, I don't think there is any conspiracy between mods and regular members. Mods are regular members like us that are pretty much performing duties as a passion project of sorts more than anything else, and I doubt they are organized enough to plot anything. I mean they do require a minimum organization level but they can't even get all mods to come together for something like this because IRL.... I think they deserve to be cut some slack.... *shrugs*

For the record, your "litmus test" was asking me to weigh in on a recent issue involving a status you made. to which I responded something to the tune of

"I don't think they went about handling the matter the right way, but perhaps next time be a little bit more clear in your statuses so we don't jump to the conclusion that its unsavory." I can quote things if you like.

Not sure how that has anything to do with how the team handled my promotion, nor do I think that that response indicates a particular bias toward one "side" or the other.

The fact that the OP was poorly worded also doesn't change the message that Dad intended to convey. As far as I've seen the team hasn't been hush hush about this at all. Just saying.

This is the problem

It's not incumbent on me to cover for you guys

The OP worded poorly gave the implication that votes mattered. They didn't. The posts the mods made on the thread made it seem like voters mattered. They didn't. The topic made it seem like Hina had a chance. She didn't. The mods should have updated the public on the ax'ing of pear and yui. They didn't.

This isn't PR, and I'm not sure what you've been looking at

I see you as illegitimate, as do some others. I'm at dis-ease with your answers, and your past handling. That being said, plenty of people who got into power through shady ways have ended up not being terrible. And I have ended up getting along with people whom I initially really did not like, like Jesse. 

We'll see how you do

I agree the position doesn't need to prioritize being nice and soft over everything else and sometimes it is unavoidable to lose grace while arguing for what one finds right.

I don't think that applies to your conduct over there. A leisure activity that harms nobody is not the right place to get all rightous over your personal quires with said activity. If you'd follow suit and butt in into other activities to tell people their interests are sheet and that they'd be better off dropping it, or going out of your way voting for the reasons you did under the lone goal of wanting the event at hand to lose face so you can ridicule the members that were just trying to have a good time.... That kind of attitude makes you about bottom of the list at the forum for the position of socially interacting as a bridge between two groups of people to appease both sides IMO.

That said, I don't really dislike you as a member. You've posted plenty of content throughout the years that I like. It just you occasionally do stuff like this^

That's a fair and valid opinion. I felt that said leisure activity was representative of a greater problem that people weren't acknowledging in their participation, but I understand my view in that regard was controversial and the way I presented it was overbearing. 

Don't feel sorry for Birdie. Mods have pretty much equal footing and mostly just need to answer to the overall consensus when that is needed. She's gonna be pretty much her own boss, and she's gonna be able to implement the actions she's looking for implementing. I agree the event was wild and messy, and it mostly narrows down to the event being too quick. Even the lack of updates is part of it due to how fast everything happened. However, I don't think there is any conspiracy between mods and regular members. Mods are regular members like us that are pretty much performing duties as a passion project of sorts more than anything else, and I doubt they are organized enough to plot anything. I mean they do require a minimum organization level but they can't even get all mods to come together for something like this because IRL.... I think they deserve to be cut some slack.... *shrugs*

I feel bad for birdie cause this PR mod thing is a shitshow and about as far from improving PR as you can get. For someone like birdie who has in the past and now in the present pushed for a more close knit community, her selection is in spirit. 

Clearly the tide has changed, and most of you want to give Zai his chance. Disagree or not, the people it seems have spoken, sorta. But I'd just like to remind y'all this community is hemorrhaging old users like Spinny and Raeg, and it's not cause of me.

There's nothing more for me to say here. The mods have chosen their newest cohort, and their selection is final. 

It definitely would have been good to give this at least a week. It seems like the idea was already in some people's heads months prior, and it isn't like there's any particularly urgent matter to attend to that required the quickest possible way of appointing a mod.

Also, the OP could have come up with a more defined guideline on voting. Maybe a writing format of sorts, as well as offering periodical updates at the OP listing candidates that have received at least 1 vote (because otherwise every member in the forum is automatically viable but at 0 votes).
Said updates would also state a disqualification note or a dropout note, and also have people notify the people being voted in question ASAP to avoid something like what Fusion had, where he only found out about it after it was a locked thread counting opinions.

There also needs to be a better way to control the place than locking the thread. I think that's part of why the dropout notices were done via privately contacting the mods instead of in public.

What else? Anyways, I'm sure things could have been handled better, that much I can agree on. Better take pointers I suppose.
I only found about this because I was PMd about it and even then I posted one night and then went out to the world and came back it it was already over.

Okay so I saw Yui's query about "Who said things about me?" And I messaged him saying that I did. What was the response? "Yeah a mod already told me". Okay so now my issue is how should I trust telling things to mods knowing they're going to share it anyway? I told Yui myself and am fine with him knowing but still pretty shady and it's gonna be tough to talk to mods about my concerns.

For the record I already messaged both Zai and Birdie telling them I have doubts and to prove me wrong. We will see. I really hope they'll do good but I kind of feel that there might've been no good choices if this is what it came down to. That's my thoughts on the matter, if you agree, disagree, that's fine. Wanting to just have my voice heard.

Also I thought one of the main uproars about the General mod thing was mods said there would be two and there was just one and...iirc the main uproar/upset comments came from Kate and Birdie who had been trying to become General mods. Not trying to make a statement but I was honestly confused when I heard uproar.

Edit: Oh sheet there were two more pages

Edit again: Okay after reading the rest mainly wanting to

1. See Birdie's thoughts

2. Say that I notice the same things being said over and over. I think we got the point about the mess up with the wording and lack of clarification across already.

Fortunately my life is in the best place it has ever been. I didn't put enough effort into making it work here is all.

Also, while there are a few people who dislike me, given the reaction to Zai's promotion and the people against it, that ought to be nullified. Did you consider that hypothetical enough to question him, too? Did you really think my promotion would have had a worse reaction than this?

We questioned it, but there was approval that wasn't just Winter and Draco. It seemed the safer bet, especially with the mod team not being too keen on you, as a whole.

For the record, there is no mole. I actually have no idea what leaked information you are talking about, so you don't need to worry about dissent on the team in that respect.

As for my behavior during the last few days, I mostly just talked to the other candidates about the position and process to get a feel for how they thought they could fill the role. The stuff with Polaris in here was a silly waste of everyone's time.

I don't personally consider my actions to be shady, but if the team thinks it rules me out for the position, I can respect that decision.

Occam's Razor tells us to go with the conclusion that requires fewer assumptions.

http://i.imgur.com/ADZon1q.jpg

This supports there being a mole more than not, because, if you look back, not only did I not specify who the concerned mod was, I implied there were multiple mids to make it less likely for Dad to be singled out.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Polaris.

You went to two different members, friends, telling them you were concerned for their wellbeing in this endeavor, concerned they wouldn't be able to handle it. One of which ended up saying how you were better than them 10~ minutes later. The other didn't even tell me until they learned of the first, because they thought nothing of it at the time. You delivered backhanded compliments to both of these members via private message, putting them down while stroking your own ego. Dad was sent these same messages, c/p'd to him.

The timing of this also coincides with the point where the mods reached a more-or-less 100% concensus that Birdie was getting the position, which your pitch seemed to be tailored around.

You can claim a strong sense of deductive reasoning for the latter. You can't claim it for the former.

So would the mods agree, here in this thread, in public, that after a given trial period of X time, if members here are unsatisfied with Zai to remove him rather than promote him to be a full mod? Under penalty of a general refusal to obey the instructions of the mod team if they refuse?

Like if the result is a result because of nepostism, we may as well give it a trial if that can be garunteed to us.

It's not nepotism.

However, I have no objection to said plan, other than the chance of rejecting him out of spite.

Okay so I saw Yui's query about "Who said things about me?" And I messaged him saying that I did. What was the response? "Yeah a mod already told me". Okay so now my issue is how should I trust telling things to mods knowing they're going to share it anyway? I told Yui myself and am fine with him knowing but still pretty shady and it's gonna be tough to talk to mods about my concerns.

For the record I already messaged both Zai and Birdie telling them I have doubts and to prove me wrong. We will see. I really hope they'll do good but I kind of feel that there might've been no good choices if this is what it came down to. That's my thoughts on the matter, if you agree, disagree, that's fine. Wanting to just have my voice heard.

Also I thought one of the main uproars about the General mod thing was mods said there would be two and there was just one and...iirc the main uproar/upset comments came from Kate and Birdie who had been trying to become General mods. Not trying to make a statement but I was honestly confused when I heard uproar.

Edit: Oh sheet there were two more pages

Edit again: Okay after reading the rest mainly wanting to

1. See Birdie's thoughts

2. Say that I notice the same things being said over and over. I think we got the point about the mess up with the wording and lack of clarification across already.

I acted out of turn out of concern for Yui. I felt that he deserved to know what occurred. He asked to see it, and I did so. I apologize for my actions.

We got a PM from at least one of the candidates ranting about the result as-is. If we removed the potential second appointment, it would have likely met similar issues, due to what I listed earlier. We didn't state there would be two outright, but we also said that it was being discussed, which would make it seem worse after I suggested it.

Bruh I don't know what to tell you, there was no mole.

My messages to Bree were out of genuine concern, brought on by previous conversations I had with her.

My messages to Yui were because he was shaky from the start, and if he was to pursue the position he needed to be sure of it, especially since you had shown interest in him for the role.

I'm not the back-handed, egomaniacal, power-hungry scumbag I seem to be painted as. If you want to believe I am, that's fine man, I'm honestly just tired of justifying myself. If you want to actually talk about this rather than put up false (or misleadingly spun) accusations in a public space like this, I have been trying to contact you for days with no response. And I know you have seen them since you already tried crucifying me on them.

So, I feel like it's time I say something publicly about this whole issue. I've been discussing with the mod team to get a better idea on how this stuff happened, along with checking the threads, and a lot of what's been explained seems honest to me.

I don't think this was a purely nepotism decision, but I think it was handled really, really poorly. So because of that, if you guys want me to step down, I will. Obviously I would rather not, I think I can do some good in this position still and help out the forum, but it's clearly a controversial promotion, not just with me, but with Zai too.

Ideally, what I would have liked to have seen, was for the mod team to update the public on who was most likely for the position and then allow some more discussion, that way these complaints could have happened and not just felt like they were due to sore losing or just rioting, cause legitimate points have been made in this.

I've been explaining to the mod team that because of the way this was handled, it looks way more like two 'mod' decisions, not that the userbase had any say in it. This is an issue, not just from the mods, but from the members as well.

I was a mod proposed candidate. I had support from a fair number of you guys, which I was really glad to see, but I know that because I was proposed by Black and the mods talked about me beforehand, I certainly feel more like a mod decision than a public one. I accept that, I get it. I was hoping it wouldn't feel like that, but I get why it does and I explained that to them.

And I get where you guys are coming from on Zai. He was never the focus of your discussions really. No one particularly supported him, which is where your issues come in, but the other side of things is that no one really went against him either. Because of that, it felt like the biggest complaint against him was his activity, which... Could easily be improved on in a month's time. For the mod team, the only complaint that was brought up was one that was really... Easy to overlook for the trial period.

I'm not saying that's right, there should have been some more mod communication on this. It should have been said from the start who the mod team was considering and why, (Which Dad did admit, apologized for, and that is done.) who had dropped out, which wasn't conveyed very well, and which members the mod team had major concerns over.

And those concerns should have been talked about more thoroughly before the actual promotions were made, that way the proposed final two would be known and had discussion over.

So, I feel like it's time I say something publicly about this whole issue. I've been discussing with the mod team to get a better idea on how this stuff happened, along with checking the threads, and a lot of what's been explained seems honest to me.

I don't think this was a purely nepotism decision, but I think it was handled really, really poorly. So because of that, if you guys want me to step down, I will. Obviously I would rather not, I think I can do some good in this position still and help out the forum, but it's clearly a controversial promotion, not just with me, but with Zai too.

Ideally, what I would have liked to have seen, was for the mod team to update the public on who was most likely for the position and then allow some more discussion, that way these complaints could have happened and not just felt like they were due to sore losing or just rioting, cause legitimate points have been made in this.

I've been explaining to the mod team that because of the way this was handled, it looks way more like two 'mod' decisions, not that the userbase had any say in it. This is an issue, not just from the mods, but from the members as well.

I was a mod proposed candidate. I had support from a fair number of you guys, which I was really glad to see, but I know that because I was proposed by Black and the mods talked about me beforehand, I certainly feel more like a mod decision than a public one. I accept that, I get it. I was hoping it wouldn't feel like that, but I get why it does and I explained that to them.

And I get where you guys are coming from on Zai. He was never the focus of your discussions really. No one particularly supported him, which is where your issues come in, but the other side of things is that no one really went against him either. Because of that, it felt like the biggest complaint against him was his activity, which... Could easily be improved on in a month's time. For the mod team, the only complaint that was brought up was one that was really... Easy to overlook for the trial period.

I'm not saying that's right, there should have been some more mod communication on this. It should have been said from the start who the mod team was considering and why, (Which Dad did admit, apologized for, and that is done.) who had dropped out, which wasn't conveyed very well, and which members the mod team had major concerns over.

And those concerns should have been talked about more thoroughly before the actual promotions were made, that way the proposed final two would be known and had discussion over.

Literally take my rep just for that first sentence.

God bless.

And no, I don't see any issue with your nomination because you actually have support and have ideals that are really amazing. You always liked the tightly knit YCM family, and that kind of thing is so key to being a moderator at all, much more, as a PR mod.

I totally have faith in you being right for the job.

Archived