Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing to sell out. There were no leaks, to my knowledge. If there were, they were independent of what I did. The only information I received from Nai was his own personal grievances with Sakura, which will remain private as they should.

Of course I regret my actions. Though my goal was something I stand by today, my execution was brash and all around stupid. Hopefully, whoever is appointed to this new position can act as a better bridge between the staff and members so as to prevent similarlarly explosive disagreements. I believe that I am the best for this role, and the lessons from my mistake in the past only serve to allow me to better handle disputes in the future.

I get that parenthesis donated 26000 of Ain's points to you for your custom usergroup, but who is Birdie to you?

Those points were from Sakura, technically.

Many people in a Skype chat were saying sakura shouldn't be a moderator. I asked if I should make a thread. Everyone said yes. Nai was not present.

I had been talking to Koko about the issue for a few days beforehand, and informed her while drafting the thread. I received no response until after the fact.

Any other questions?

Once again, to be clear, it wasn't a conspiracy. It was a very angry fraction of the member base that was really bad at due process.

Off the top of my head, those involved were myself, toyo, Yui, finalfan, and maybe some more.

This was years ago, and the thread has since been hidden. It is not something I can see happening again, and if it does, it won't involve myself or them (or at least, the risk of them suddenly revolting isn't enough for action to be taken against them for an event long past).

The hatchet has been buried, and I consider the regrettable actions and their impact on my reputation lessons on how to conduct myself. I have since had issues with multiple moderators, but instead of being a funking idiot like I was then, I actually talked to the proper authorities and had my concerns addressed.

Once again, to be clear, it wasn't a conspiracy. It was a very angry fraction of the member base that was really bad at due process.

That sounds rather like a group of conspirators. 

Off the top of my head, those involved were myself, toyo, Yui, finalfan, and maybe some more.

Thank you! I think that you have sufficiently sold out your friends and wish you good luck in your campaign. 

This was my only post in the thread. I don't think most of these long arguments are beneficial. I want to make sure this post was seen.

I think you should explain your reasoning beyond "they are good members" since such a lack of detail creates the appearance that you are ill-informed, giving your input less weight.

Also, this is more of a nitpick/salt, but I am actually bothered by the fact that the original post talked about the members deciding on who fills the role, and speaks of voting and such, while it seems the quantity of support received in here is of very little impact to the decision.

YCMembers.  The Mod Team has heard you.  Sometime ago, you suggested a Public Relations Moderator for better communication between moderators and members should be put into place.  As with any public relations, it is in all of our best interests if your Public Relations Moderator was elected by you.  At this time, we would like you to come forward with a name of someone who you, the YCMembers, deem most appropriate to fulfill this position.

----

After voicing your choice for someone who should be put into place as a PR Mod, the team will as always discuss our own opinions.  After deliberating and narrowing down your selective choices, we will announce the PR Mod publicly so that you are aware of your newly elected Mod.  

While there is some part that can be taken to that direction (the PR mods being chosen by the members), it's been mentioned since the start to be otherwise.

Your opinions and supports on candidates here do matter, however we will have discussions on our side too as has been said.

Wasn't it you or Winter who recently accused me of insulting you just because I disagree with you and supposedly don't have anything else to say, or something like that?

No

I cannot deny we have a rocky relationship but we've had several PMs where we literally just talked about things pretty civilly did those mean nothing to you? QQ

Holy plot twist Batman. Thanks? I am a confused cow.

Oops this kinda seems spammy. Kinda wondering why me of all people though, Polaris

Just think you're quick to act on impulse and emotion. I'd get a beer with you. Wouldn't want you as my lawyer

The civility Fusion exemplified in response to query and the consise nature of his Responding was super impressive and I'd like to support him

I think, Winter, you've - in a word - imagined both of your "sides" in debates. Politics is more of a spectrum than you seem to think, even here. The large reason why you think there are only two camps is because most political topics that end up in debates are started by you, and are on subjects that are by nature extremely polar, and really from a rather short list.

If there were more diversity in the topics discussed, and perhaps in who was starting them, I think people would be jumping between your two camps more noticeably. I know I have many disagreements with both liberals and conservatives, but nearly all of the threads in debates that pits those two ideologies against each other has been on subjects I happen to despise conservatives more on. I've disagreed with the liberal ideology simultaneously in them, but not to the same degree.

My point is, if your support is going to fall to someone that holds no extreme allegiances to Liberals/Conservatives or Roxas/Winter, then most of the nominations likely fit that bill. You just haven't given them the opportunity to exemplify that.

Thank you participating members for sharing your voices, your concerns, and your time.  At this time, the staff has reached a unanimous decision.  Our two newest PR Moderators will be Zai and Birdie.  Congratulations to the both of you, and we all look forward to working with you for the good of the forum.

Real talk: We understand people aren't happy with the choice of Zai, but we worked with what we had, from you guys.

If anything, while we discussed Birdie beforehand, the site still showed support for Birdie, so you could call Zai our choice. 

We got next to no comments or concerns over Zai, maybe because you thought he was a joke, maybe because you figured it would work out, but when Yui gets bombarded by his friends saying he'd do a poor job and other members shoot themselves in the foot, Zai was what we had left. Coming forward with why he's a bad idea now doesn't help, you should have put it out earlier.

Even then, Zai wasn't an unfavored pick for many of the team from his first mention. He wasn't my favorite, but after last night, he and Hina were the only remaining candidates the team felt comfortable even discussing, certain 1-off mentions aside. I imagine most of you would be much unhappier with Hina.

Feel free to discuss it. Letting it out is good, discussion is good. But we worked with what we had.

Archived