How's your day going?

Wahrheit

I thought it would be great if General had a thread to post about stuff going on in people's lives. We have status updates, sure, but a community thread to discuss stuff can be really nice, and it's also similarly useful to have a captive audience.

You can post about things you're happy about, or sad about, or neutral about.

Please try not to start arguments in this thread. Maybe you could PM someone if you really want to have a conversation like that.

Today I got a $5 Starbucks gift card from the coordinator for one of the bar prep courses while she was visiting the law school. I sent her an email to let her know that something she sent us didn't look right on mobile, and she was very appreciative. Sometimes it's nice to be appreciated.

I started my first full-time job today.

Well, technically it was orientation. And I have training for a couple weeks before I actually start. But I moved out of my family home and I'm living on my own now for the first time in my life. I'm basically feeling a lot of emotions: I'm excited for this new chapter, I really miss my family and home, and I'm pretty terrified at the prospect of growing into an adult. But I'm up for the challenge.

I started my first full-time job today.

Well, technically it was orientation. And I have training for a couple weeks before I actually start. But I moved out of my family home and I'm living on my own now for the first time in my life. I'm basically feeling a lot of emotions: I'm excited for this new chapter, I really miss my family and home, and I'm pretty terrified at the prospect of growing into an adult. But I'm up for the challenge.

You get paid to learn. Sounds like a good gig. Congratulations!

Woke up with a hang over, made a mistake. Broke my three month dryspell today. Put things aside with the girl I was seeing since I ended up cheating on her. Also might have ruined one of my best friend ships because I slept with her room mate. Got most of my homework for the week finished. Things aren't so bad. Got back to cooking for myself, too! I made some tacos today with some leftover for tomorrow so I don't have to rush to dance tomorrow.

Woke up with a hang over, made a mistake. Broke my three month dryspell today. Put things aside with the girl I was seeing since I ended up cheating on her. Also might have ruined one of my best friend ships because I slept with her room mate. Got most of my homework for the week finished. Things aren't so bad. Got back to cooking for myself, too! I made some tacos today with some leftover for tomorrow so I don't have to rush to dance tomorrow.

All you can do is move forward. Learn from your mistakes.

I accidentally funked up one of my mom's friendships by blabbing a secret she told me to the wrong person.

Oops

But considering how many times she tried to ruin my interpersonal relationships by lying about people to turn me against them, I suppose I could consider it payback.

Aside from that I'm pretty good, been gaming a lot lately so I have no shortage of things to do. I have a temporary job-thing but it pays horribly and mainly seems to serve to pad my resume. It's easy tho so w/e

Started off rough because I thought alarm clock was set to ring at 5 am, but instead it was on PM (I forgot to reset it after Friday nap) and then overslept by 3 hours. Buses came later than they were supposed to (based on schedule), and I didn't get to college until about ten minutes to 11:00 am (and I was supposed to be in Hawaiian religion at 10:30).

[i live about 20 miles from college, so I have to use public transport.]

The flip side to it was that I didn't miss too much (did the required reading + my chart on it beforehand) and I'm permitted 4 absences per semester without getting a grade drop [hopefully I never have to use those other three], so I'm fine. I probably missed out on a nice discussion about Māui though (not the one in Moana, but our version of him); not that I didn't already have prior knowledge. 

Then again, I had to go to a Japanese cultural exhibit for a 300-level ethics class anyway, so even if I missed my scheduled course, had something else I needed to do in downtown. 

====

Other than that, everything's fine for now. 

Started off rough because I thought alarm clock was set to ring at 5 am, but instead it was on PM (I forgot to reset it after Friday nap) and then overslept by 3 hours. Buses came later than they were supposed to (based on schedule), and I didn't get to college until about ten minutes to 11:00 am (and I was supposed to be in Hawaiian religion at 10:30).

[i live about 20 miles from college, so I have to use public transport.]

The flip side to it was that I didn't miss too much (did the required reading + my chart on it beforehand) and I'm permitted 4 absences per semester without getting a grade drop [hopefully I never have to use those other three], so I'm fine. I probably missed out on a nice discussion about Māui though (not the one in Moana, but our version of him); not that I didn't already have prior knowledge. 

Then again, I had to go to a Japanese cultural exhibit for a 300-level ethics class anyway, so even if I missed my scheduled course, had something else I needed to do in downtown. 

====

Other than that, everything's fine for now. 

I'm glad it'll end up being okay! Maybe it's for the best that you got to catch up on sleep.

We need to hang out so we can stop each other from making drunk mistakes.

OT:. Pretty good, wrote some code, ate some chicken, ignored texts from a friend I'm at odds with.

Archived