Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the (future) GTS Global Mission...we passed that with ease for S/M. Here's the trick - Don't look for "valuable" stuff that people commonly overprice. Look for relatively common stuff, or common breeding rejects. Or put your breeding rejects and accept something simple that almost everyone has, or is of fairly equal value. I think I had GTSed like...my Squirtle rejects for stuff like Bulbasaur/Charmander/Eevee, and I hunted the GTS for basic stuff like Eevee.

Which is the confirmed name for the west.

This makes sense since the source was likely looking at the English name.

Anyway, if you want the info on the other new moves

[spoiler=Moves]

Mind Blown

The user attacks everything around it by causing its own head to explode. This also damages the user.

Fire

Special

150 Power

100% Accuracy

5 PP

Plasma Fists

The user attacks with electrically charged fists. This move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves.

Electric

Physical

100 Power

100% Accuracy

15 PP

Photon Geyser

The user attacks a target with a pillar of light. This move inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage—whichever stat is higher for the user.

Psychic

Special

100 Power

100% Accuracy

5 PP

----Z MOVES---

Light That Burns the Sky

This attack inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage—whichever stat is higher for the user, Necrozma. This move ignores the target’s Ability.

Psychic

Special

200 Power

1 PP

Searing Sunraze Smash

After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Solgaleo,attacks the target with full force. This move can ignore the effect of the target’s Ability.

Steel

Physical

200 Power

1 PP

Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom

After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Lunala, attacks the target with full force. This move can\nignore the effect of the target’s Ability.

Ghost

Special

200 Power

1 PP

Let’s Snuggle Forever

After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Mimikyu,\npunches the target with full force.

Fairy

Physical

190 Power

1 PP

Splintered Stormshards

After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Lycanroc, attacks the target with full force. This move negates the effect on the battlefield.

Rock

Physical

190 Power

1 PP

Clangorous Soulblaze

After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Kommo-o, attacks the opposing Pokémon with full force. This move boosts the user’s stats.

Dragon

Special

185 Power

1 PP

On the subject of Global Missions; specifically the first for a start, I'm on the fence whether that'll end in success. 10,000,000 seems a bit ambitious, but I suppose they wanted to make things harder for us.

Well Sun and Moon sold about 3.5 Million copies in the first month. Giving that if USUM gets the same numbers each person would need to catch three Pokemon to complete it.

I think Mimikyu's Z-Move name is fantastic. It fits so well, flavor wise, plus it operates with Play Rough, right? Makes sense to me.

As for whether the first Global Mission will be successful...I think the only reason it "failed" last time was because people didn't really KNOW about it, or most of the Festival Plaza functions, when the games were first released. It just wasn't advertised that well. Personally, I came across it when my playthrough was almost finished, and I didn't have the raw desire to try to catch tons of stuff just for the sake of doing it.

I think this is part of why the announced it so early. It also helps that so long as you know about it and start it ASAP you'll be able to use any natural in-game catching you do as a part of it.

That is true, though perhaps I should've kept my opinions to myself to save my ass getting chewed out. Not trying to be mean or anything, but sometimes I refrain from having some opinions just in case

That is true, though perhaps I should've kept my opinions to myself to save my ass getting chewed out. Not trying to be mean or anything, but sometimes I refrain from having some opinions just in case

I didn't mean anything by my comment. If it bothered you, my apology. I understand being unsure of this succeeding given how the first couple went.

If people devote a bit of time per day to do the mission, we can succeed in it. But yeah, smaller 'mons will work to get it done [or something of equal value]. Though to be fair, I have seen offers for smaller 'mons asking for legendaries and other impossible stuff; we can't tell if the player in question is a legitimate jackass / troll or like some of us, trade evolving with self and don't want to be disturbed). I do not imply that people here engage in the former.

Then again, surprised that only Flame and I had any thoughts on the leaks; either you guys found it out earlier (and stuff is old news) or you'd rather not be spoiled. Nothing wrong with the latter, because I did say not to open the spoiler if you don't like seeing things. (Not that Youtube won't spoil stuff for you, because I did have to fact check because I thought some of the stuff was hacked in.)

TBH I honestly don't care about being spoiler'd or not.  A lot of the info is pretty interesting imo.  Only disappointed about no more Alolan forms, though.

Story mode team is pretty much set.

Decidueye

A. Raichu

Gyarados

Sylveon

Salazzle

Kommo-o

Kommo-o is pretty-late game, so will have to sub something in until then.  Not sure who.  Everything else I can get on the first and second islands.

I know for certain that I'll choose Popplio and Rockruff for Ultra Sun (definite). Rest, IDK. Depending if the stuff is still late game or not, might go with repeat of my Sun team (and just pick up old generation 'mons). Or just transfer stuff over. 

Will make some adjustments as stuff gets shown.

I don't know if I'm getting this game; even though I've been playing their games since the dawn of time, the idea of making an updated version of the same game a year later and selling it for almost near the full price is distasteful imo, since I kinda thought that was the point of DLC. I'm highly critical of the gaming industry now because it seems that as time goes by, developers come up with more and more reasons to squeeze money out of gamers, and I'm certain USUM's production is based on that gameplan instead of trying to please the fans.

The new contents of the game do look appealing however, and despite what I've said, I may still buy this... but I'm gonna wait a few weeks first and see if it's one of those games that people end up going hardcore mode on just to realize it's not nearly as full of new and amazing content as spending another $40 to buy it would suggest (looking at you, Destiny 2).

If people devote a bit of time per day to do the mission, we can succeed in it. But yeah, smaller 'mons will work to get it done [or something of equal value]. Though to be fair, I have seen offers for smaller 'mons asking for legendaries and other impossible stuff; we can't tell if the player in question is a legitimate jackass / troll or like some of us, trade evolving with self and don't want to be disturbed). I do not imply that people here engage in the former.

Then again, surprised that only Flame and I had any thoughts on the leaks; either you guys found it out earlier (and stuff is old news) or you'd rather not be spoiled. Nothing wrong with the latter, because I did say not to open the spoiler if you don't like seeing things. (Not that Youtube won't spoil stuff for you, because I did have to fact check because I thought some of the stuff was hacked in.)

I always filter GTS search results by "Pokemon you have", so I usually don't see the stupid trade offers unless I happened to fulfill the ridiculous criteria, which is fairly rare.

I looked at the spoilers, but decided I don't want to THINK about the spoilers, so I more just skimmed it and will withhold comment.

I'm not sure what my team is going to be. I always use the fire starter every Gen and since I haven't used it for Gen 7 I'll likely start my team building with Litten. From there I normally only use the brand new Pokemon, but since Alolan forms are more or less totally new things I might see if I can build a team with just those.

I don't know if I'm getting this game; even though I've been playing their games since the dawn of time, the idea of making an updated version of the same game a year later and selling it for almost near the full price is distasteful imo, since I kinda thought that was the point of DLC. I'm highly critical of the gaming industry now because it seems that as time goes by, developers come up with more and more reasons to squeeze money out of gamers, and I'm certain USUM's production is based on that gameplan instead of trying to please the fans.

The new contents of the game do look appealing however, and despite what I've said, I may still buy this... but I'm gonna wait a few weeks first and see if it's one of those games that people end up going hardcore mode on just to realize it's not nearly as full of new and amazing content as spending another $40 to buy it would suggest (looking at you, Destiny 2).

This had been the norm for Pokemon games for YEARS. The first decade of the series life had a 3rd version for all games that was the strictly better choice if you only buy one. And you bring up DLC, but remember Pokemon doesn't do DLC. It never had. Not to mention everything post launch is always free. I understand why you'd be critical of the game industry (guessing you're a fan of Jim Sterling), but the standard industry fair really isn't the case for Nintendo. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has issues, but they are mostly different from the crap EA, Ubisoft, Warner Bros, etc pull.

Everything we've seen suggests the game is an upgraded version of S/M and while I get why upgraded versions rub people the wrong way, it is going to be worth it because at their core Pokemon games have always been worth it Imo. And also remember that Pokemon games are only $40 vs. the base $60 console games run you.

This had been the norm for Pokemon games for YEARS. The first decade of the series life had a 3rd version for all games that was the strictly better choice if you only buy one. And you bring up DLC, but remember Pokemon doesn't do DLC. It never had. Not to mention everything post launch is always free. I understand why you'd be critical of the game industry (guessing you're a fan of Jim Sterling), but the standard industry fair really isn't the case for Nintendo. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has issues, but they are mostly different from the crap EA, Ubisoft, Warner Bros, etc pull.Everything we've seen suggests the game is an upgraded version of S/M and while I get why upgraded versions rub people the wrong way, it is going to be worth it because at their core Pokemon games have always been worth it Imo. And also remember that Pokemon games are only $40 vs. the base $60 console games run you.

Don't get me wrong, just because I said I've been a fan to the series doesn't mean I've bought the generation "sequels" up until this point. Now that I think about it, the only sequel I've ever played was Emerald, and that was when I was 12.

This marketing tactic and the fact that it's nothing new doesn't exempt them from the chance that they're still money-grabbers, just means they've been doing it longer. Sure, it may not be a popular opinion, especially since the Pokemon franchise is so beloved amongst all of us, but I still don't like throwing my money at whatever they release because it's Pokemon.

It's hard to determine their "true" intentions when making a game, and I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's worth your money. That's why I said I'm still willing to buy it even if it's a cash-grab, as long as it isn't "Pokemon Sun/Moon, the slightly better version".

I reckon that'll most likely change when we get the first core games on the Switch. Whether that'll be the case or not remains to be seen.

I would be surprised if they kept a $40 price tag. It is kind of disappointing, gut hopefully we do get more value. Though if we don't I would be fine paying $60 for a Pokemon game. Just nice that I don't have to.

Archived