Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

I always filter GTS search results by "Pokemon you have", so I usually don't see the stupid trade offers unless I happened to fulfill the ridiculous criteria, which is fairly rare.

Besides the option of showing only requests of Pokémon you have, I also use the filter that leaves out requests for Legendary and Mythical Pokémon. This might not always give search results, in which case I sometimes turn off the filtering for "Pokémon you have", and look for some I might be able to breed/trade.

Another thing people could try, to get Pokémon they want via Global Trade Station, is to deposit a Pokémon themselves and ask for something. If your request is reasonable, you can get about any Pokémon you want that way. I've managed to get various legendaries in return for some of my breedjects… though I should probably add that I properly EV-trained them, and gave them a nice item to hold (Metagross with an "Assault Vest" for example). You unfortunatly have less control over the design of the Pokéball in which they are caught.

Global Trade Station has improved over the generations, though some improvements came with downsides. In gen IV and V you could only look for Pokémon you have seen; making it extremely hard to get Vullaby/Mandibuzz (a version exclusive no trainer had on their team) in Pokémon White, requiring Wonder trade's predecessor to acquire one. Also, unless there was an option I'm not aware of, you were presented with only 5(?) options at a time; you needed to change search criteria (level, gender, or region) to maybe find a trade you could make. There also weren't any options to filter for Pokémon you have.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be surprised if they kept a $40 price tag. It is kind of disappointing, gut hopefully we do get more value. Though if we don't I would be fine paying $60 for a Pokemon game. Just nice that I don't have to.

It just depends what they do going forward. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to shell out £50 for future Pokemon titles.

Zeraora looks promising. I love it's design, and it's signature move seems fun. I hope it is Electric/Fighting, but even if it is pure Electric, it is still a good pokemon in my eyes.

It is pure Electric. Which is kind of disappointing since we don't have a Fighting/Electric type but Fighting isn't the best type so it is likely better as pure Electric.

Anyway, I figured out my team. Going to go

Incineroar

Bewear

Palossand

Vikavolt

Alolan - Ninetales

Alolan - Muk

(Well, confirms the leaks and stuff to an extent; not Zereora. Also move tutors exist)

I will consider Zereora for team once it gets released. Otherwise, I might just go with Jolteon for the time being in terms of Electric 'mon.

====

Now to figure out what nature to force on Necrozma once we get / are forced to catch it.

So I have half of my US team planned:

- Decidueye

- Lycanroc (dusk)

- A-Ninetales

Need to figure out the rest. Might go with Hawlucha, though I'd also need a Ground-type and a Steel/Poison-type

I see you make teams the way I do where you want to hit coverage on all types. It does suck that you are really limited in some of your choices if you're like me and only want to use the new Pokemon. We only have 2 Ground types and an insane number of Ghost/Dark types which create redundant coverage.

I see you make teams the way I do where you want to hit coverage on all types. It does suck that you are really limited in some of your choices if you're like me and only want to use the new Pokemon. We only have 2 Ground types and an insane number of Ghost/Dark types which create redundant coverage.

I don't mind using 'mons from older gens to cover bases though to be fair, but I'm also trying to avoid using 'mons I used in SM, which makes things difficult in terms of Ground-types specifically (as I've used Mudsdale and A-Dugtrio).

I don't mind using 'mons from older gens to cover bases though to be fair, but I'm also trying to avoid using 'mons I used in SM, which makes things difficult in terms of Ground-types specifically (as I've used Mudsdale and A-Dugtrio).

I like trying out the new Pokemon which is why I have the extra restriction. I also avoid repeating Pokemon usage and between A-Dugtrio and Palossand Sand worked better on my team. I do enjoy how my team just eats Psychic types.

I like trying out the new Pokemon which is why I have the extra restriction. I also avoid repeating Pokemon usage and between A-Dugtrio and Palossand Sand worked better on my team. I do enjoy how my team just eats Psychic types.

I also like trying out new mons as well, but I end up not having a team of new ones exclusively. Though a part of me was tempted to swap Lycanroc for Tyranitar.

*looks at your team though* Yeah, it does eat Psychics

[spoiler=Also]

At least Vikavolt is obtainable earlier in this game. On one hand I like that, on the other it was annoying seeing as I had to suffer through to Vast Poni to evolve in SM.

I also like trying out new mons as well, but I end up not having a team of new ones exclusively. Though a part of me was tempted to swap Lycanroc for Tyranitar.

*looks at your team though* Yeah, it does eat Psychics

[spoiler=Also]

At least Vikavolt is obtainable earlier in this game. On one hand I like that, on the other it was annoying seeing as I had to suffer through to Vast Poni to evolve in SM.

Vast Poni had my favorite theme in SM which is saying a lot because I like a number of songs in that game. The music was just too good though. Thats actually something I'm excited to see, what new tracks the game has.

Vast Poni had my favorite theme in SM which is saying a lot because I like a number of songs in that game. The music was just too good though. Thats actually something I'm excited to see, what new tracks the game has.

I'm also interested in seeing (or listening to) the new tracks because yeah I agree SM had some great music.

So far I plan to use:

Decidueye
Tyranitar
Slowbro
Sallazle

I dunno what I want for my last 2 mons, but I am glad that Larvitar appear in Diglett's Cave.

EDIT: I think I'm changing stuff up a bit in light of the new island scan options.

Decidueye

Tyranitar

Slowbro

Blaziken (island scan for Combusken)

Ampharos

Ribombee

I went to Gamestop for the dual pack a few hours ago (well, after I got home from college). Only started on Ultra Sun for right now, and stopped for a while to watch Friday night television. 

Nicknames are probably same for what I did in Sun (yeah, I technically chose Popplio again, but at the same time, Primarina ends up being the better starter in the end). Moon might go for Team Litten. 

You can call Pallosand Asgard, it sounds like a cool name.

Also, I've decided on my Ultra Sun team (as above):

Decidueye: Siegfried

Slowbro: Xavier

Ribombee: Star

Larvitar: Terra

Ampharos: Sylvanas

Blaziken: Heatwave

So far with the game (I just beat Hala), the changes have been interesting enough, and I am curious to see what else changes. Also, it's cool that we can start gaining BP after we beat Hala, as you need to beat him to unlock Mantine Surf (which is found on route 2 by the hotel).

^I feel like Slick could work for A-Muk, seeing as it and its pre-evolution are based on oil slicks.

Name seems solid. Not sure if I'll use it, but it's an idea.

You can call Pallosand Asgard, it sounds like a cool name.

Why Asgard? What other use does it have other than the home of the Norse gods?

Anyway, started my adventure. I see they changed when you get the starter. Good thing I didn't save leading up to it...... Luckily got a fine nature so I can't really complain.

Got a copy of UM at about noon yesterday.  5 Hours in, and barely into Hau'oli City.

Team as it currently stands:

Rowlet Lv 15

A. Grimer Lv13

Magnemite Lv13

Butterfree Lv13

Zorua Lv13

Yungoos Lv13

Traded over some Abras from my copy of Sun for Synchronize purposes, so I can get decent natures on my stuff.  

I'm on ʻĀkala Island right now, though only at the part where I have to fight Dexio. Team is somewhat random right now: Rockruff (which is neutral nature, but nice IVs) and Brionne (Lonely nature, but w/e) are constant ones, Other stuff varies at the moment. 

But yeah, might have to move over Synchronize users from S/M. (Time to go renew Bank subscription). Worst comes to worst, I just move all of my team 'mons to Sun for a couple hours, EV train them where I need stuff and return them back. 

====

P.S. PokeBank isn't available yet, so...you'll have to do the GTS method. (Screw you GF)

Archived