Mod Application Thread Part 2 Discussion

Master Ingo

MofM: I didnt say there would be 4 new Mods' date=' i said 4 current Mods have all stated 1 certain persons name of whom we wish to be Moderator, but i do think there obviously will be more then 1 new Mod ^_^

[/quote']

The way I see it DJ, the site will need about 4 new moderators. We have at least 2 that I believe that need to be fired and replaced, and then we need to revamp what the mods are doing.

By that I mean the current moderators that the site has now be responsible for their respective sections. The two moderators being replaced will have their replacements take their spots (obviously).

The Super Moderators (or Global Moderators) will be responsible for a minimum of 2 Moderators that will just PM a daily occurance listing to the super moderator to brief the Administrator of events going on.

The two other new moderators, 1 would be a super mod (or promote 1 current moderator to super mod, and make the new guy his replacement) and the other be a normal mod.

These two new mods would be your "housekeeping" moderators.

The housekeeping moderator will pretty much be in charge of member tracking (such as accounts that have been inactive for far too long), closing old useless threads and moving them to a graveyard section of the site (possibly one that cannot be viewed by members, only moderators - help keep the site looking clean while not taking away from post count).

With all the moderators working together in this fashion, we can make the site look golden in a matter of days, instead of a long, drawn out process that could take weeks to months to get completely resolved.

This will, essentially, leave YCMaker to be able to handle the cosmetics of the site (all the technical problems that need to be fixed ocassionally, and the adding and deleting of sections).

But that's my opinions of it...

As far as everyone getting really nervous or anxious to find out who the new moderator or moderators will be, there's no sense in it. If you are selected as moderator, you will have more responsibility than you could possibly fathom right now. Its not a position where you can post to members and "help", where you will do that on ocassion, the majority of your time just went from posting, to fixing and cleaning, locking, moving, banning, warning, etc. If you can get an average of 2-3 posts in a day (legitimate, not warning or locking or any of that jazz) you are doing good!

Just make sure when you post your resume up in the appropriate section that you are ready for that level of responsibility, or you will most likely be replaced.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because you are a newer member does not take away your possibility of becoming a moderator.

You may have more experience across 20 different forum sites as moderators, super moderators, assistant administrators, etc. and just because you are a registered member here doesn't take away from your experiences or your abilities.

If you don't get selected for becoming a moderator, then at the very least you put in your application and tried, also your opinions as a member are possibly more valuable than that of a moderator.

As a moderator you answer to the members (just like the super mods and the administrator). You keep good order and discipline across the boards to make sure your members are happy. You forward all your members ideas up your chain of command to try and get them what they asked for if it is 1) plausable and 2) something that might take off really well.

As a member you can put your input in towards the site, make changes through your posts. Personally, I believe the member has more power to influence and the moderator has more power to do. If you are a very influential person, then you should remain a member and make changes with the site that way. Post your ideas, PM your moderators, make sure they know what your ideas are, get members on the bandwagon to join you, and change the site for the better.

Just because you may not get picked as a moderator does not mean that you are any less important to this site. Even a member with only 1 post still has as much importance, influence and abilities to make positive changes as a member with 1,000,000 posts.

So?

The only people that know me are:

Crab Helmet - we like to butt heads

JesusofChaos - we like to butt heads

YCMaker - I like to call him out a lot

DJ Osiris - he responds to posts

Cybernetic Dragon - I haven't seen him in a while o_o

Frunk - he removes neg reps.

So don't feel glum. The mods are looking over each member and making their decisions and YCMaker will be making the final decision (as he is the only one who can).

Be patient and just have fun. Like everyone keeps saying. Its just a forum site, not life or death.

If you don't get it this time, try next time.

If you don't feel you are qualified, then until the next hiring of mods comes around, make yourself known in a positive way, and do your best to prepare for mod-ship, then when it comes around again apply and you'll be a shoe in!

I agree with Axle and ~~Death Reborn~~ and I think everyone can already guess who will become a mod.

But anyway' date=' I don't really care, since the only important thing is that a fitting member will be picked out.

[/quote']

No actualy I can't guess.

Your post was before Ravens! :shock:

I can't guess either. :cry:

Actually Raven it can be quite surprising' date=' i mean, no-one actually expected Crab Helmet to become a Moderator.

[/quote']

true, very true is methods seemed way to harsh but just....which i guess the just part is what got him the position....he deserved it though.

Well' date=' I know that, but the thing is that, I would like to kick back and relax from time to time but in grade 9, it's impossible T_T

Plus, do college students have to pay taxes as well? Cause I intend to go to collage when I graduate vocational school :P

Wow, we sure are off topic here

Btw DJ, could you answer my question I asked you on page 4? It's the last post on page 4, just to let you know xD

[/quote']

College students (which i am currently) dont have to to pay tax as long as they earn below a certain threshold. I think it is about £400 a month. Im going to be working new year so the taxes start for me then

Yeah, there are people that where not expected at all to be mods that became them. So, everybody has a shot ^_^

Though, I really do hope I get some sort of a chance to help the site. I am pretty shure I can do alot, ^_^

But then again, many other people are more qualified for the job, but, it all depends on what YCMaker says ^_^

Meh' date='

having 5 stars doesn't make you good. Just means you posted a lot.

Having high reps doesn't make you good. Just means you played nice for a while.

[/quote']

yes master you are quite right actually

it does not matter what the total of stars you have, or reps, or points

but, it does help that people know who you are

people know how you act

and that people are able to see that you are a good person, I remember when Yankeefan was "little" but he had, and still has, a tremendous amount of respect ^_^

Yeah' date=' I'm still wondering how that happened...

[/quote']

Because he insults peoples stupiditiy.

That usually is a sign that he is wise.

I really don't care who becomes mod as long as i doesn't turn out to be like Danlius or Frunk and leave the forum to other mods.

Actually Raven it can be quite surprising' date=' i mean, no-one actually expected Crab Helmet to become a Moderator.

[/quote']

i didnt know who CH was till he became a mod XD

I did not know him either

isnt it funny how these things work out?

BTW: Wolf you spelled appeared wrong in your status thingie ^_^

Archived