I assume this is for Aqua centric FTK decks?  :D

Ocg corrections : Field Spell (icon)

"FTK" monster / "FTK" monster(s)

DIVINE 

GY (modern cards abbreviate this)

Special Summon 1 "FTK" monster from your hand or GY, ignoring summon condtions.  

Ritual Monsters summoned by this effect are treated as Ritual Summoned.

Feel like even with the FTK we'll probably see a wide variety of deck styles.

Maybe we should put our own ideas forth and have some contests?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, fine peoples!

I admit, I don't fully get what the club's aim is exactly, but I am more than willing to support card making groups.  I might not be the best in terms of card grammar, but I hope to be helpful in critiquing and bringing everyone up a level or two in card design!

Card submission is below in written form.  I've never been that good at finding pics for my cards, but I hope the card is good enough (for now)!

[spoiler=FTK Phantom - The Tinkerer]

FTK Phantom - The Tinkerer

EARTH ****

Archanic/Union/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can change this card's battle position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "FTK" monster from your hand.  Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "FTK" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster with a different type in your GY, also, if the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.

1000/2000

Side note: I generally have 2 "online names" that I shift between - Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon & Tythe Redro Scora.  I mostly go by Tinkerer tho and it makes a better card name anyway. :D

kHh1HZV.png

I like it, it looks good. Tho I feel the effect of giving up a divine monster for a special summon might not be worth it. Maybe discard?

I guess as long as they are functional and look cool that's all that matters tho o3o

Also, welcome Tinkerer!

Maybe we should also, if my grammar is anything to scoff at, i was wrong at FTK not having quotes, but monster(s) is unnecessary as that is seen as a limitation. As seen her in the new salamangreat card, http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Salamangreat_Foxer

Welcome Tythe, I'm a slut for finding card images lolol do you mind if we pm and i can try and make the card for you no edits to your card just finding a nice image to go with it?

You're right Aqua, my bad.  

I assume Aqua would make more Divine monsters to make the card viable in the first place tho.  But if not, then it really is on the weaker side of things.  

Welcome aboard Tinkerer!  

Your card is totes cool~  I'll go ahead and add you in, and put your written card under your name.  If you ever make a card for it with art you're happy with Ill update the list to include it.

To answer your question the club doesn't have so much of a specific aim to it as it was a means to reconnect with some vet members and try to connect with folks who came after some of us left.  

Long ago, the original FTK stood for the right to allow fake types in custom card threads, since there were more strict guidelines against it back then.  Not so important now, but its basically a club for card creators who wanna have a little fun and deviate from the norm, and share ideas with one another.  Our cards will likely focus heavier on cards with fake types thannot, but there's no rule saying real types can't be used.  Besides, if Komoney can make up Psychic, Wyrm, and Cyberse then why can't we have ours, yknow?

Anywho, Ill add it in soon as I'm free.  Nice to meet you~

よくそ!  いらしゃいません~

Might as well join this one.

[spoiler=I really suck at coming up with custom Types and stuff; apologies]

card.png

Also in case Discord goes stupid / can't view it, the written form.

FTK Phantom - Sakura

Link 4 | WIND | Warrior | Link | Effect

W E SW SE

2+ monsters, including a "FTK Phantom" monster
① Your opponent cannot target or destroy other "FTK Phantom" monsters you control with cards or effects. ② Once per turn, if your opponent Summons a monster (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 monster this card points to; negate that Summon. ③ If this card destroys an opponent's monster: You can banish 1 card your opponent controls or in their GY, face-down.

(IDK, if I did give this a Fake Type, Leaf Ninja or some other thing wouldn't really be workable.)

Also yeah, I really got no problems with Fake Types and Attributes, though just as a sidenote, whatever stuff you end up making with Fake Types and stuff will have to go into Casual (since Advanced still adheres to Konami design and all).

@@The Nyx Avatar

Kailyn's response to Tinkerer is pretty helpful too, as it cleared up a lot for me.

fAxHQig.png
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "FTK Phantom" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "FTK Phantom - Dova" once per turn. Destroy this card if you do not control 3 or more monsters with different Types. Once per turn: You can Tribute other monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters.

In case you haven't gathered, I really like Ritual Monsters :P Anyway, I am somewhat experienced in card design along with card grammar, so happy to help in any way I can while I get to know y'all. I've never been a big guy for custom Types, or even for DIVINE, but it is nice to let loose occasionally. Nice to see the return of so many members, especially as I'm a rather new one myself!

Anyway, this card is to try and make the Rituals that appeared already rather more consistent, and to tie into the massive Type theme that's already being built up.

@@The Nyx Avatar

Kailyn's response to Tinkerer is pretty helpful too, as it cleared up a lot for me.

fAxHQig.png

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "FTK Phantom" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "FTK Phantom - Dova" once per turn. Destroy this card if you do not control 3 or more monsters with different Types. Once per turn: You can Tribute other monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters.

In case you haven't gathered, I really like Ritual Monsters :P Anyway, I am somewhat experienced in card design along with card grammar, so happy to help in any way I can while I get to know y'all. I've never been a big guy for custom Types, or even for DIVINE, but it is nice to let loose occasionally. Nice to see the return of so many members, especially as I'm a rather new one myself!

Anyway, this card is to try and make the Rituals that appeared already rather more consistent, and to tie into the massive Type theme that's already being built up.

I have read the original post, but I am still not fully sure about this club's intentions. But I wanted to have some fun.

plYjtYR.png

Hey guys!  Thanks for applying in~

Yeah it's basically just a card creation club focused around having fun with the aspect of card making - That whole sort.  I can amend the primary post to include my response above if it helps.

I'm happy to see some new faces around here too <3  

I'm pretty well versed in Card Grammar and creation, and can also provide help with cards as needed~

Welcome aboard~  Hope you enjoy your stay :3

I used to be good at card grammar, then I stopped making them for half a decade and now I'm like "uhhhhhh" so I just look at other cards for tips and examples.

Kinda scared to even post this cuz it looks like it could have a lot of problems xD

NINFRpl.png

Looks pretty solid to me, DL.  And yeah don't worry too much about it being too OP as is.  Equip spells in the current game are effectively worthless if they don't do a novel's worth of stuff including having a floating effect when it dies.  Its because monsters have a life expectancy of 0 turn phases - unless a card is already difficult to remove, most monsters die instantly.

I like the thematics you guys have!  

With this support we may want to consider making more GY floater effects, not unlike the Phantom Knights.

Good archetypal support there Vavel :D  The Trap is solid, but not broken.  Though its not like we're comparing to IRL cards but I feel some real cards would outpace it.  The spell would be good with aforementioned GY support.

Arcana - I love the Tuner, very versatile for Synchro or Xyz plays.  :D

If you guys don't mind posting lore on your cards it could make adding them to the main post a bit easier.  Please?  <3

I made two more cards, one is more focused on general archetype assistance while the second one is more focused on the Ace monster I created for my app. Please give constructive criticism if you can.

11207193594336c2c21b36c483e8291c04bbf93f

835302917f733e9a9886026719a1c724d970a72f

The Continuous Spell Card looks fine. The Trap Card however, I feel is too strong. I think it should Summon only one of those (Vavel or the Level 7); not both. And have a cost.

Archived