Archetype Collab Game

Wildprince15

Hi Everyone! Okay, so, I'm at home thinking up an archetype to use for my next post, and no matter how hard I think, I can't seem to come up with a proper way to use the premise I set for the cards I want to make. So, I decided to turn it into a game so I could both get help, and see what you guys think. I've done this before, but it turned into a help section before I knew what happened. Now, If you all don't mind, I'm going to set a few rules for us to go by.

1. The first person comes up with an archetype name and premise (If you want you could set the premise or have the next person do it for you). After this, the next person makes a card that supports that archetype. After 15 cards, the poster who posted the last card may start a new archetype build.

2. Due to the nature of the game, you may post multiple cards at once should you wish to do so.

3. No more than 15 cards can be made for one archetype, and there must be a balanced number of cards of each type. (7 monsters, 4 spells, and 4 traps respectively)

4. You may ignore the second part of rule 2 if you feel the archetype would do well going in a certain direction (I.E. if the archetype should be focused mostly on spells or traps, what the deck should be good at (resource management, swarming, etc))

5. Critcism is welcome, should you feel the need, of any person's card. Give us your opinions so we can make better stuff!

Overall this is something I thought would be fun for us all to try and do together as a team. It would also help me which is a giant plus.

Now without Further ado, I'll start with my archetype:

The Blind Magicians- A set of Light and Dark Spellcaster Monsters that all share the restrictions "This card cannot attack unless you control another face up 'Blind Magician' monster. This card cannot choose its attack targets."

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Question: can you elaborate on "This card cannot choose its attack targets."? Is it like in the same manner as facing patrician of darkness? 

/skip

Well, I've never heard of that card, but what I mean is, if you have another "Blind Magician" on board, it can attack, but it attacks at random. That little thing that shows up to let you pick a target would not show up.

Okay. So here's your Dark Magician of the bunch. Have fun.

Blind Magician - Pitch

Dark

Spellcaster/Effect

Lv7

2500/2000

This card cannot attack unless you control another face-up "Blind Magician" monster. When this card declares an attack: It must attack a monster in the same column as a face-up "Blind Magician" monster you control. If there is no monster in the same column as a face-up "Blind Magician" you control; your opponent can select an appropiate attack target. After this card declares an attack, its DEF becomes 0 until your next Standby Phase.

3 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Okay. So here's your Dark Magician of the bunch. Have fun.

Blind Magician - Pitch

Dark

Spellcaster/Effect

Lv7

2500/2000

This card cannot attack unless you control another face-up "Blind Magician" monster. When this card declares an attack: It must attack a monster in the same column as a face-up "Blind Magician" monster you control. If there is no monster in the same column as a face-up "Blind Magician" you control; your opponent can select an appropiate attack target. After this card declares an attack, its DEF becomes 0 until your next Standby Phase.

Hm...that seems like an alright interpretation, and I think I already know the answer, but could you explain the zero defense thing?

Please respect the bumping rules (once every 24 hours).

About the game itself:

Not to be discouraging, however, just from observations based on other games, this could end up being a very slow game (for example, the last archetype in the "Create a Card Game" took 3 months to complete... And it only had 5 cards).

That said, you should probably cut the limit from 15 cards to a 5-card minimum, and/or allow people to make multiple cards at one time. 15 cards is just a really high number to get to, especially with a ton of other things to keep in mind.

Might as well make a card though to kick this off:

Blind Magician D'Lux

LIGHT 7*

Spellcaster/Effect

If it is your first turn OR, if you did not declare an attack with a monster during your last Battle Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot declare an attack unless you control another "Blind Magician" monster. This card's attack targets are chosen randomly. If this card does not declare an attack, send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the GY at the end of the Battle Phase. You can only gain this effect of "Blind Magician D'Lux" once per turn.

2450/1900

1 minute ago, Tinkerer said:

Please respect the bumping rules (once every 24 hours).

About the game itself:

Not to be discouraging, however, just from observations based on other games, this could end up being a very slow game (for example, the last archetype in the "Create a Card Game" took 3 months to complete... And it only had 5 cards).

That said, you should probably cut the limit from 15 cards to a 5-card minimum, and/or allow people to make multiple cards at one time. 15 cards is just a really high number to get to, especially with a ton of other things to keep in mind.

Might as well make a card though to kick this off:

Blind Magician D'Lux

LIGHT 7*

Spellcaster/Effect

If it is your first turn OR, if you did not declare an attack with a monster during your last Battle Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot declare an attack unless you control another "Blind Magician" monster. This card's attack targets are chosen randomly. If this card does not declare an attack, send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the GY at the end of the Battle Phase. You can only gain this effect of "Blind Magician D'Lux" once per turn.

2450/1900

I've only bumped this once. TODAY. And I suppose you have a point. I'll change things up a bit.

15 minutes ago, Wildprince15 said:

Hm...that seems like an alright interpretation, and I think I already know the answer, but could you explain the zero defense thing?

The 0 DEF thing is because this is essentially a blind version of Dark Magician so pretty much, he's generally defenseless after launching an attack.

2 minutes ago, Wildprince15 said:

Ah. Thank you very much for telling me. I never looked at it like that.

I figured being blind could also play a part in their "awareness" of their surroundings. I also based his effect on the concept of "the blind leading the blind".

2 hours ago, Wildprince15 said:

I've only bumped this once. TODAY.

I just looked through the rules again, and it appears as though the bumping time had been changed from the last time I viewed it. It's not 24 hours; it's only 6 hours. Sorry!

That said, the bump rule clock starts at the time of the last post, so if the last post is less than six hours old, please refrain from bumping.

1 minute ago, Tinkerer said:

I just looked through the rules again, and it appears as though the bumping time had been changed from the last time I viewed it. It's not 24 hours; it's only 6 hours. Sorry!

That said, the bump rule clock starts at the time of the last post, so if the last post is less than six hours old, please refrain from bumping.

Yeah, alright. I understand. Thank you for telling me.

Rod of Echoes

Equip Spell Card

Equip only to a "Blind Magician" monster you control. When the equipped monster declares an attack: It must attack the last monster that was Summoned/Set by your opponent.

So a nice equip card that auto-selects the equipped monster's target. I'm really liking the premise of "blind" monsters.

3 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Rod of Echoes

Equip Spell Card

Equip only to a "Blind Magician" monster you control. When the equipped monster declares an attack: It must attack the last monster that was Summoned/Set by your opponent.

So a nice equip card that auto-selects the equipped monster's target. I'm really liking the premise of "blind" monsters.

Thank you very much. I almost thought no one was interested. I was having trouble making them myself, but I'm glad you enjoy them. I assume echoes refers to the heightened hearing of a blind person?

I still can't wrapped this "random attack" thing (ironic, given my works is all about experimental cards turn irl)...

And then it dawn on me, a classic irl solution: the trap Needle Wall 

Blind Magician - Radara

LIGHT / Level 4 / Spellcaster / Tuner / Effect

This card cannot attack unless you control other "Blind Magician". When this card declare an attack while opponent control monster(s) on Main Monster Zone: Roll a six-sided Die. Treat your opponent Main Monster zone as number 1-5, counting from your left, change the attack target to monster on the zone of the Die Result (if any) otherwise, this card attack your opponent directly. If the result is 6, You can add 1 "Blind Magician" card from your deck or GY to your hand and then either attack a monster in Extra Monster Zone (if any) OR roll again. You can only add up to 2 cards to your hand by this effect of "Blind Magician - Radara" per turn

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

3 hours ago, Wildprince15 said:

Thank you very much. I almost thought no one was interested. I was having trouble making them myself, but I'm glad you enjoy them. I assume echoes refers to the heightened hearing of a blind person?

Very much so. Seems we have 4 pretty solid Blind Magician cards.

Blind Magician - Nocturnum
DARK
Spellcaster/Effect
Level 5 - 2100/1700

This card cannot attack unless you control other "Blind Magician". Immediately after entering Battle Phase, this card attacks random non-Dark monster your opponent controls. If this card attacked a monster, and that monster is not destroyed: Banish that monster after the end of Battle Phase.

(I dunno if served right, but there ya go.)

5 minutes ago, Lystern said:

Blind Magician - Nocturnum
DARK
Spellcaster/Effect
Level 5 - 2100/1700

This card cannot attack unless you control other "Blind Magician". Immediately after entering Battle Phase, this card attacks random non-Dark monster your opponent controls. If this card attacked a monster, and that monster is not destroyed: Banish that monster after the end of Battle Phase.

(I dunno if served right, but there ya go.)

Thank you for coming. This looks good,

Blind Magician's Seeing-Eye Dog

Light

Beast/Tuner

Lv2

500/400

When this card is sent to the GY: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Blind Magician" monster (except "Blind Magician's Seeing-Eye Dog") from your GY. Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can select the attack target for 1 face-up "Blind Magician" monster you control.

So the first Beast of the archetype but he fits the theme and serves 3 functions. He's Synchro material, a watered down monster reborn and allows you to choose an attack target once per turn.

Blind Magicians' Illusion
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Blind Magician" monster from your hand or GY, but it cannot attack this turn. While you control 2 or more "Blind Magician" monsters, you choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks. You can only activate 1 "Blind Magicians' Illusion" per turn.

Swarming is essential for the archetype to function
Searchable with Radara
Attack restriction incentivises you to take advantage of D'Lux's hand destruction
Turning the blindness onto the opponent gives the theme of the shared effect advantageous purpose

Blindfold Manifestation
Continous Trap

When this card is activated: Target 1 "Blind Magician" monster from your GY; Special Summon it, then equip it with this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. Equipped monster gains these effects, based on its original Attribute:
•Dark: Cannot be destroyed by battle, but equipped monster must attack, if able.
•Light: Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects, but cannot activate its effects. 

Kind of double edged sword effect, use it on your own risk.

• 3 months later...

Blind Magician - Conjouria

Dark

Spellcaster/Effect

Level 6

Once per turn, you can add 1 Landscape Counter (max. 3) to this card.  If you have 3 Landscape Counters added to this card, you can remove them and if you do: Treat this card as a Field Spell (It still takes up a Monster Zone slot) with no effect for the entirety of your next whole Battle Phase and move it .  This card also has a Monster effect based on whether or not it is a Field Spell.

Yes: Attack a random number of 0-2 random cards on the Field at random using this card. (This card can attack up to twice.)

No: You can only attack Monsters that share the same column as "Blind Magician - Conjouria" at random.

The Original ATK/DEF of this card is randomly decided every damage step via die roll and is 700 x that die roll.

ATK/? DEF/?

Archived