[DP24] Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity - Synchro Absorption

spacer.png

Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity - Synchro Absorption

Level 1 DARK Machine Special Summon Effect Monster

2500 ATK / 2500 DEF

-Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by this card's effect.

-You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.

(1) During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 face-up "Meklord" monster you control to the GY; Special Summon this card from your hand.

(2) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster cannot attack this turn.<Trigger>

(3) When a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) on the field (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Source: https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&id=767

Cool that they start releasing these different appearances of the meklords ... but the monster itself is very forgetable.

If only it would also negate that monsters effects, in that case it would actually be playable, however as it stands it is a version of Wisel, which still requires a -1 and trades the generic spell negation for 2 situational effects (1 of which would even remove itself).

And to make matters worse, unlike the original Wisel this is locked into the archtype and its summoning requirements do not even synergize with its own archtype.

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

I hate this so much

Pretty much everything i wanna say is said. But the part in which this manage to be equal part xenophobic but also non-synergistic with the parent archetype is just too much

Maybe we get the Cores and those are always treated as meklord cards, while floating if send to the graveyard in any way (after all there should be more support on the way).

However as things currently stand this card makes no sense and does not advance one's board in any meaningful way.

(They should have at the very least allowed it to summon itself from one's hand or graveyard in the above mentioned way)

1 hour ago, ~British Soul~ said:

[...] It definitely seems that Konami are taking a step back with Duelist Packs.

Aren't E-Hero Liquid Soldier, E-Hero Sunriser, Magician's Souls, Onomatopickup, Performapal Popperup, Dodododwarf Gogogoglove, Zubababancho Gagagacoat, Junk Converter etc from the last Duelist Pack ?

1 hour ago, ~British Soul~ said:

This disappoints me so much!

It’s just a crappier Stardust with xenophobia wrapped around it. As it stands, I don’t see the point of this card tbph.

[...]

Agreed.

This is propably the most disappointing card I have seen in a while, an interesting idea, good artwork, legacy support and execution that was more befitting of what was to be expected half a decade earlier.

2 hours ago, The Highlander said:

Aren't E-Hero Liquid Soldier, E-Hero Sunriser, Magician's Souls, Onomatopickup, Performapal Popperup, Dodododwarf Gogogoglove, Zubababancho Gagagacoat, Junk Converter etc from the last Duelist Pack?

They were, and at least many of the cards from the last 6 duelist packs were better quality than these thus far.
Also it is a smaller set than those as well.

2 hours ago, The Highlander said:

Agreed.

This is probably the most disappointing card I have seen in a while, an interesting idea, good artwork, legacy support and execution that was more befitting of what was to be expected half a decade earlier.

That's the thing, it does feel like a early 2010s card and the only reason this card exists was because Placido nicked Lucciano's Skiel cards in the first place.

49 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

They were, and at least many of the cards from the last 6 duelist packs were better quality than these thus far.
Also it is a smaller set than those as well. [...]

Well, there were garbage cards for most decks/archtypes, so maybe the other stuff is better.

49 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

[...] and the only reason this card exists was because Placido nicked Lucciano's Skiel cards in the first place.

Yes, which is why I think it was a good opportunity for a Wisel signature card (given that Wisel absorbs Stardust in Yusei's first 2 duels against it) and Skiel Carrier 5 is the reason for its one-time attack protection, however it being only once, while Skiel Carrier 5 is once per turn is disappointing. (Come on, even Uria's signature card is better than this, not to mention Raviel, Hamon and Jinzo for somewhat recent signature cards)

Beyond that it is ridiculous that the only Meklord Emperor unable to absorb Synchros is the one literally including that effect in its name.

I am unsure about the third effect though, is that supposed to be a reference to Wisel Top 3 or Stardust ?

Stardust would make even less sense, given that the Meklords absorb ATK and not the effect of Synchros (which is why Jose even calls Red Nova Dragon "mindless Synchro monster", when using it as a vanilla shield).

If this card could be summoned from one's graveyard or if the third effect would be the effect of Wisel Top 3 this card would playable.

The only area in which this is an upgrade from the other Meklords is that this does not prevent other monsters from attacking, which is admittedly very useless, given that the others have it and that this card is useless outside of Meklords.

Also the artwork looks amazing, it is really bugging me that it is wasted on this.

36 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

Well, there were garbage cards for most decks/archetypes, so maybe the other stuff is better.

There were some trash cards in the Legendary Duelist sets, but at the same time there were some gems as well. We'll just have to see what the rest of the stuff do before re-evaluating, but as it stands I'm not holding my breath.

38 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

Yes, which is why I think it was a good opportunity for a Wisel signature card (given that Wisel absorbs Stardust in Yusei's first 2 duels against it) and Skiel Carrier 5 is the reason for its one-time attack protection, however it being only once, while Skiel Carrier 5 is once per turn is disappointing. (Come on, even Uria's signature card is better than this, not to mention Raviel, Hamon and Jinzo for somewhat recent signature cards)

Beyond that it is ridiculous that the only Meklord Emperor unable to absorb Synchros is the one literally including that effect in its name.

I am unsure about the third effect though, is that supposed to be a reference to Wisel Top 3 or Stardust?

Stardust would make even less sense, given that the Meklords absorb ATK and not the effect of Synchros (which is why Jose even calls Red Nova Dragon "mindless Synchro monster", when using it as a vanilla shield).

If this card could be summoned from one's graveyard or if the third effect would be the effect of Wisel Top 3 this card would playable.

The only area in which this is an upgrade from the other Meklords is that this does not prevent other monsters from attacking, which is admittedly very useless, given that the others have it and that this card is useless outside of Meklords.

Also the artwork looks amazing, it is really bugging me that it is wasted on this.

I don't see why it's ridiculous that it can't absorb Synchros, from a flavour standpoint, I'd say it makes sense given that a captured Stardust is in the art.
The third effect is literally Stardust's effect. Though I'd have to say they should've incorporated Skiel Carrier 5's effect onto this card if they were going to include it into its art.
As for the art, it's yet another case of good art, shitty effect.

It doesn't steal Synchros to power-up
It doesn't upgrade anything from the OG or even the mini Machine Emperors... or even stuff like Cubic and Asterisk.
It doesn't even provide a trigger to bring the others out (synergy).

I'll give it a try let's see.....
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Summoned by its own effect. During your opponent's turn, if you control a "Mekklord" card (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 monster you control, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand. It gains the effect of "Wisel" and "Skiel" monsters with different names on the field or GY, and its effects that target Synchro Monsters become quick effects. Once per turn, if your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can negate that effect, destroy the card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Synchro monster from your GY or Extra Deck to your opponent's field in Defense Position.

Archived