Tri-Horned Dragon LOB-000

johnwick

Question

I am looking through all my old cards i got when i was a kid and was just wondering prices on them. I came across LOB-000 and looked it up but mine doesn't look like any of them I see.. mine has a green tint too it instead of the brown card and the stars on top are really like really yellow/green to where you can barely see the star in the circles. I was just curios if any one knew anything. Thanks 

Card.jpg

19 answers to this question

Sun damage, maybe? 

I think mine is the same way though so maybe that’s the normal way because it’s a secret rare and how it’s printed was different than the others so somewhere they messed up on ink when making the cards so maybe a huge batch of them are that way 

Hi there!

both cards are authentic! The original poster has a very faded copy original print and the later poster has a slightly faded Tri Horned, also 100% authentic.

“faded” cards are definitely considered misprints as they are very rare but really only seen from the original starter decks, LOB and MRD.

the card has this type of colouring due to a lack of magenta ink in the printing process.

i happen or collect faded cards and if anyone has any to sell I'll be very happy to buy them :)

I’ll attach some pics of my faded cards here for you too see.

my Instagram is just_jordan93 if anyone wants to get in touch or looking to sell 👍🏼

Hi there!

both cards are authentic! The original poster has a very faded copy original print and the later poster has a slightly faded Tri Horned, also 100% authentic.

“faded” cards are definitely considered misprints as they are very rare but really only seen from the original starter decks, LOB and MRD.

the card has this type of colouring due to a lack of magenta ink in the printing process.

i happen or collect faded cards and if anyone has any to sell I'll be very happy to buy them :)

I’ll attach some pics of my faded cards here for you too see.

my Instagram is just_jordan93 if anyone wants to get in touch or looking to sell 👍🏼

40CD507C-6597-4962-8614-C07F520F07C4.jpeg

2D9633C0-2C9F-4E45-A5B5-9B9EEC0DD2B7.jpeg

A3906C53-80EC-47FA-A912-C43997B4916A.jpeg

CC8A45E0-25D2-4A4D-89E1-FFCAE3E43543.jpeg

B0FA481D-B610-4C92-94AD-710119C3A8FE.jpeg

A36CA0CB-9CDA-49DB-924B-111F095DFE82.jpeg

C01A48CF-5D6E-42EC-A4B4-6E5A9C2653A5.jpeg

Sorry for the Necropush from a german lad.

I bought a tri horned on ebay a few days ago. It was stated as "Original Yugioh 1st LOB NA wavy print" - seller seems to know what he is doing (only sells yugi cards and 100% positive. He also did send me a yata garasu lod 1st scr nm as "goodie" (what i still dont understand) which definitley is original, since i compared it to another yata i owe. ).

On the pics on ebay you couldnt see the things i now see on it having it in my hands that good, since it was in double sleeves + toploader.

My first reaction was: Fake, because:

- the stars are weird,

- the dark symbol is a bit weird (if you look close the white japanese symbol is not perfect) and

- the "box" in which the flavour text [= An unworthy Dragon ...] is, is yellow (on all my other cards its more like orange/red like).

So i googled and found this thread. As you see my Tri-Horned is 1st and not unfirst.

So what do you guys think?

Best Regards

Noashaguar

Tri-Horned Dragon scr 1st NA LOB backside.jpeg

Tri-Horned Dragon scr 1st NA LOB.jpeg

13 hours ago, Noashaguar said:

Sorry for the Necropush from a german lad.

I bought a tri horned on ebay a few days ago. It was stated as "Original Yugioh 1st LOB NA wavy print" - seller seems to know what he is doing (only sells yugi cards and 100% positive. He also did send me a yata garasu lod 1st scr nm as "goodie" (what i still dont understand) which definitley is original, since i compared it to another yata i owe. ).

On the pics on ebay you couldnt see the things i now see on it having it in my hands that good, since it was in double sleeves + toploader.

My first reaction was: Fake, because:

- the stars are weird,

- the dark symbol is a bit weird (if you look close the white japanese symbol is not perfect) and

- the "box" in which the flavour text [= An unworthy Dragon ...] is, is yellow (on all my other cards its more like orange/red like).

So i googled and found this thread. As you see my Tri-Horned is 1st and not unfirst.

So what do you guys think?

Best Regards

Noashaguar

Tri-Horned Dragon scr 1st NA LOB backside.jpeg

Tri-Horned Dragon scr 1st NA LOB.jpeg

13 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm no good at ID'ing stuff like this.  Hey, @Mr. Best Male 2008 what do you think about Noash's Tri-Horn?

Looks normal to me. LOB normals are quite light compared to others. Same goes for MRD. As for wavy print, Tri-Horned only comes in wavy, not glossy.

Yeah, it would be the best fake ive ever seen, but doesnt the color irritate you @Mr. Best Male 2008 I add a picture of backside (left side is a NA cosmo queen printed december 2002, right side is the tri horned). i also uploaded a video, where u can see the sparkling. it looks "normal" to me. but i dont know i gotta bad feeling <.<

I'd appreciate if you could give me a statement to the 3 points i made which make me think it could be a fake.

Thanks in advance!

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-22 at 10.25.30.jpeg

Archived