[LIOV] Uncamouflight

The Organization | [LIOV] Uncamouflight (ygorganization.com)

ErLB01jVgAA92Tt.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

Level 5/LIGHT/Spellcaster {Special Summon}/Pendulum/Effect
Pendulum Effect:
You can only use this card name’s Pendulum Effect once per turn.
(1) If there are no cards in your Extra Deck, or if the only cards in it are “Uncamouflight”: You can destroy this card, then, draw 1 card.
Monster Effect:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your face-up Extra Deck) while there are no cards except “Uncamouflight” in your Extra Deck. You can only Special Summon “Uncamouflight” once per turn this way.
(1) If this face-up card leaves the Monster Zone, banish it.
1800/0

So its basically "Anti-Pendulum's Pendulum club"

To be fair the scale its awkward anyways and the effects is...fine. Draw a bit, extend a bit....but its just the penalty is so horrendeously overbalanced while pendulum decks in general suffer way too much at this point

40 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

So its basically "Anti-Pendulum's Pendulum club"

To be fair the scale its awkward anyways and the effects is...fine. Draw a bit, extend a bit....but its just the penalty is so horrendeously overbalanced while pendulum decks in general suffer way too much at this point

I don't know about this.

I would say this is practically as much of a pendulum as Chaos Emperor: The Ruler of Armageddon, as it does use the design of pendulums, while the one type of decks is supports not even being a pendulum deck.

The deck type this card supports is the same as the one the monarch cards support, being ED (Extra Deck) less decks, like Domain Monarchs or True Draco.

For the above decks this card is an Upstart Goblin + Free Body for something like a Tribute Summon.

Honestly it has been some time since we got True Draco support.

8 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

I don't know about this.

I would say this is practically as much of a pendulum as Chaos Emperor: The Ruler of Armageddon, as it does use the design of pendulums, while the one type of decks is supports not even being a pendulum deck.

The deck type this card supports is the same as the one the monarch cards support, being ED (Extra Deck) less decks, like Domain Monarchs or True Draco.

For the above decks this card is an Upstart Goblin + Free Body for something like a Tribute Summon.

Honestly it has been some time since we got True Draco support.

I guess this is also true.

Think of this purely by its capacity as a monster + spell card, not as a means of enabling a pendulum Summon.

Honestly, this is the type of design I'd been hoping they'd pursue with Pendulums; looking at Pendulums outside the realm of their mechanic. This one goes a little far by explicitly being anti-pendulum, but I really like the design direction they're going for.

Outside the realm of card design, I really like this art. Super clean.

1 hour ago, CraneMonk said:

So, can this card just be summoned by itself from the extra deck without pendulum summon?  That wording sure makes it sound like that's the case.  

Have been thinking and I think yes, it can just Special Summon itself from the Extra Deck without the need of a scale or anything.
The OCG-only subtype "Special Summon" usually means the card has an inherent self-Summon clause, rather than it just being a restriction, and it is tied to a hard OPT clause so it is probably more like a Treeborn Frog... The requirement is a bit harsh for many decks though.... but it is worth it for an effect that draws you 1 and leaves you a decent monster on board.
Umm well, maybe not since you won't be using it for anything from the Extra Deck. At best it is Tribute fodder (Tribute Summon, Ritual Summon, activation costs, or a wall of meat).

Not too bad all in all.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:05 PM, CraneMonk said:

So, can this card just be summoned by itself from the extra deck without pendulum summon?  That wording sure makes it sound like that's the case.  

You'd think so, but what I believe it's saying is that you cannot Summon it except by Pendulum Summon, or card effects that can SS it from the Extra Deck while having nothing else in the ED. It's not actually a summon effect.

You can tell with the wording that it is meant to Special Summon itself.  If it was meant to be Pendulum Summoned, it would specifically say so (or it would use some kind of mixed wording).  Odd-Eyes Revolution Dragon sets the wording precedent for that.

To make sure though, I just tested it out on edopro and it does let you Special Summon itself directly from the ED.

Archived