Do you want me to continue

The Nyx Avatar

Do you want me to continue...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Hosting contests

2. 2. Posting drawings

This is probably not the answer anyone wants to hear, but I will abstain from voting.

I will admit, I have a preference towards an answer. However, what I want should not affect how you think you should act.

If you feel like drawing/making contests/posting different things, then you should go ahead and do that. If you don't feel like posting something, then you should not feel obligated to do so.

Speaking for myself: I appreciate you as a person infinitely more than any content that you post. I'd choose to see you in a good mood over more content any day of the week.

I basically don't care about the content because, well, obviously I mostly just lurk statuses now and then.

But having known you for a while now I feel I should say, to paraphrase the above former shuckle and uncle iroh...what do you want to do?

I don't know the situation so I feel I should ask what is this poll for? Are you wanting to know if people care about the posts? Do you think people don't and that's why you did this? Are you unsure you want to make more content but feel obligated to? Even if I were "active" I'd still hesitate to vote not knowing these things.

Some of your art might find better reception than other art you make, but that's no reason to be discouraged or assume it's a downward spiral from there, so you should definitely keep the doors open when talking about posting here. If you ever really not want to post art, and it is entirely because of your desire without being hindered by public opinion or perception, then you also don't need to feel obligated to do so, but I know you like drawing and giving us those holiday illustrations and other stuff once in a while so I definitely upvote for you here.

Contests you've had good ones. I can't say I've enjoyed the last 2 ones but even so I wouldn't say "never touch contests again". I believe in learning and improving from experiences. No reason to block it.

I voted hours ago but still wanted to leave something written here at some point.

I think contests are what really invigorate this site. I know I'm not the most active, but I think contests are what spark fuel into creativity and participation. I remember some of the friends I made on here back in the early 2010s were primarily from contests. Even though I don't participate, I love looking at the contest entries of the contests you host. 

And I really like yours, @Rayfield Lumina, and @Sleepy arts. What you 3 do always provide me inspiration and creativity. The fact that you 3 can create interesting concepts from hand-drawn work is amazing.

On a side note, thank you for what you do on here, Nyx! Your devotion is under-appreciated. 

Archived