Turn Yourself into a Duelist Kingdom Character

Tinkerer

Just a fun little thing. Make yourself into a duelist kingdom-esque character.

Give yourself a name and a deck theme. What would your character look like/act like? What is your boss monster (can be real or custom)? What type of field would you play on? Other details (why are you going to DK, are you well known, etc.)

If you want to: share a deck list (or give ~10 or so cards that work with your theme, real or custom).

I'll post my character when I'm off from work xD

Character: "The Cataclysm"

Deck: Natural Disaster

Personality: The Cataclysm is a professional duelist who only truly found success after taking inspiration from wrestling.  A giant of a man, The Cataclysm wears a mask, goes around shirtless, and has a boisterous personality that is bigger than he is.  If he has an audience while dueling, he tries to entertain them by flexing and taunting/goading his opponents.

Strategy/Deck: A "Natural Disasters" deck.  Fairly weak/unimpressive monsters, but powerful spells to help clear the field to push through with his weaker monsters.  Given his strategy and personality, The Cataclysm would probably not stay in one place, but combat people on their preferred field... before blowing apart the field.

Cards:

• Ace Monster: Wetha - Special Ability: Channels this card's power to activate the disaster-based spell cards during the opponent's turn.
  • Special Monster: Kaminari Attack - Special Ability: During a weather disaster, this card gains 1000 ATK.  If you use Raigeki, electricity charges the field, weakening all monster types except Thunder and Machine.
  • Invasion of Flames
  • Hurricail
  • Ray & Temperature
  • Weather Control - Special Ability: Take 1 disaster card and place it on top of your deck.
  • Weather Report - Special Ability: Cover Light-based spells with fog, cancelling their effects.
  • Special Card: Raigeki
  • Heavy Storm
  • Storm
  • Earthquake
  • Fissure
  • Meteor of Destruction

Character: Is Pengusson

Deck: Penguin

Background: Hi, I'm Is, which stands for "ice" in Norsk, and I'm a penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri). One day, I just happened to swim into waters contaminated by a strange chemical, but rather than harming me, I ended up developing human intelligence (if this can be called intelligence, because God, humans are rather stupid, therefore so am I now). In part, I'm still a penguin as any other: I like to slide on ice, I think of penguin ladies and enjoy eating fish. But as you can imagine, my life changed greatly since the accident. My family and friends have accepted my newly developed habits and I'm still an appreciated part of the colony, though. While acceptance was my primary concern in the early days of my transformation, presently thereafter I developed the desire of using my new abilities to aid in the survival of the colony. In retrospective, my disappointment at the failure of teaching my peers the usage of man-made tools is rather laughable, but man, I couldn't help but try. These flippers don't make things much easier, and communication in noot-noot (pengu language, of course) is hard for this kind of complex affairs, so in the end, my work went to waste. What I needed, then, were methods to face our colony's primary concerns: predators such as those petrel bastards, leopard seals and orcas; declining food availability due to climate change and the threat of industrial fishery. The answer was simple: Money. But how would a lone penguin make a profit in this cruel world without becoming a circus attraction? I don't think this is the right space to tell in detail of my misadventures, so long story short, by sheer coincidence I learned how to play Yu-Gi-Oh! and soon I noticed I was pretty good at it. At first I declined the usage of Penguin Decks, which for obvious reasons Humans wouldn't stop to encourage me to use. But over time I became a celebrity, and my manager convinced me into giving people "what they wanted". I conceded, for the sake of gaining more opportunities to earn money and help the colony.
And one day, while resting comfily in my solid brick house (what? you expected an Igloo?) I received the ever-dreamed invitation: The pass to the Duel Kingdom.

Strategy: A Penguin Deck, duh. I like to slide below you, Flip and send you flying. I am well capable of swarming the field and leave your side of the field very much unpopulated, then strike with a force you wouldn't expect from little noot noot fellas. I play on Ice. The [Custom] Field Spell, "Training Grounds of the Royal Penguins" is a once per turn Pengu-Summoning in any position, which also works as Eisbanh as long as I control face-down WATER monsters and will negate opponent's monster effect during the turn they're summoned. I respect opponents, but at times, if I know I'm going to win too easily or fast, I restrain myself and let the battle continue, this for the sake of spectacle. Remember, I do this on behalf of gathering money for the bettering of my colony's status. I won't deny I don't like the thrill of a good battle, though: YGO is both my main income source and a passion.

Cards:

Ace Monster: Flying Penguin - Special Ability: While you control it, any return to hand effect a Penguin monster has gains a +1 to the number of cards they can bounce. Can't be touched if Training Grounds of the Royal Penguins is on the field.

Special Monster: [Custom] Penguin Heroine - Special Ability: She confers durability to Pengus, making them once per turn death-proof. This is an Ability she gains when your LP is lower than the opponent's, it's not part of her actual effect, which is capable of copying other Pengu's effects by banishing the copied member.

Penguin Soldier

Puny Penguin

Penguin Ninja

Penguin Cleric

Penguin Squire

Nopenguin

Glacial Beast Polar Penguin

Penguin Brave

Tsukuyomi

Salvage

Surface

Penguin Sword

Fury of Kairyu-Shin

Book of Lunar Eclipse

Reinforcements of the Penguin Army [Custom]

Penguin Lethal Skills [Custom] https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/404985-reinforcements-of-the-penguin-army-lethal-skills/

Subterror Succession

Torrential Reborn

Ice Barrier

Junk Sleep

On 6/27/2022 at 2:01 PM, Redro said:

Just a fun little thing. Make yourself into a duelist kingdom-esque character.

Give yourself a name and a deck theme. What would your character look like/act like? What is your boss monster (can be real or custom)? What type of field would you play on? Other details (why are you going to DK, are you well known, etc.)

If you want to: share a deck list (or give ~10 or so cards that work with your theme, real or custom).

I'll post my character when I'm off from work xD

I have a question: Is this strictly Season 1 stuff, or...what are we working with card-wise?

I ask because most of your cards are on the older side, while some of Ray's were released last year. So I just want some clarity before trying my hand at a Duelist Kingdom character.

11 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I have a question: Is this strictly Season 1 stuff, or...what are we working with card-wise?

I ask because most of your cards are on the older side, while some of Ray's were released last year. So I just want some clarity before trying my hand at a Duelist Kingdom character.

However you interpret it. It's not like this is an RP or anything.

I like the idea of using old-school cards and giving them effects, but you could take Ray's route and just go all-in on the theme. Sorry for the lack of clarity but... It really is how you interpret it.

I might post another character whenever I'm free.

Character: Durgon Naseo Retsiela (Child, surgeon)

Deck: DNA+Big brain+Invoked (cards that gain effects based on the types and attributes on the field [has to reach goals to get powerful effects {Imagine the customs like continous spell versions of magic the gathering dungeon quest cards)])

*cards that fit the first theme

Cards:

DNA Surgery*

DNA Transplant*

Ace monster: Homunculus the Alchemic being* [added ability to change its attribute as well] (Special ability: your opponent cannot activate the effects of monsters they control that shares a type or attribute with this card)

-------New-------

Reprodocus*

(Invoked)

---------Custom--------

Special monster: Sulucunwoh the Chemical Master* - This monsters attack and Defense are equal to 500 times the number of monsters with different types and attributes then they originally had. If you control Homonculus the alchemic being: Your opponent can only activate the effects of monsters with one type and attribute each turn.

Innovationist

Antivationist

Star Crossed Call [special card treasured] *

Sequence

No I choose [as special ability]

Conformity*

Individuality*

Backstory: Raised by the mad sorcerer Aleister. Wants to win Duelist kingdom championship to separate themself from their corrupted sibling "Dungina nogard Resalia"

Sorry for the bad formatting.

21 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

I'd probably play Monarchs if we're talking old school. I played that deck during the GOAT years and well after. I played it into Dino Rabbit era, but I never played the new structure deck one oddly enough. If more recent it would definitely be Sky Striker.

Make it!

Archived