Should I Switch to Linux or should I wait it out until Microsoft Releases a Good/Better Version of "Windows" or one that I like

Should I Switch to Evenually Linux or should I wait it out until Microsoft Releases a Good/Better Version of "Windows" or one that I like  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me What Should I do?

• Stick on Windows 10 and wait it out until they release of a Version of Windows that I like or a Good Version of Windows
    • Switch to Linux Operting Systems such as (Zorin OS, KDE Neon, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Manjaro, POP OS, Elementary OS, Peppermint)

So I had this thought for quite a while and I really need the help of other people and their thoughts, options, and tell me what I should do I'mma create a poll and you can also Leave comments and your thoughts down below in the replies down below so I really can't make up my mind I want to try and install either Zorin OS, KDE Neon, Maybe Ubuntu, and Even Linux Mint... @Rayfield Lumina @Loleo @kyop @Kokoroshi @Sleepy @Horu Please Leave your Votes and please leave your replies down below with your Thoughts, Suggestions, Advice, Options, and Recommendations for what I should use or do if staying on Windows I really need your help and I really advice. Also feel free to enjoy the Lovely Image of the Lovely Windows OS-Tans of Windows 2K-tan, and Homeko (Windows XP Home-tan) and Windows XP Pro-tan while Voting and leaving any Suggestions, Advice, Options, and Recommendations. I Love Windows but I HATE Windows 11 its too much like Windows 8 with too many Mobile Elements. :(

image.thumb.png.89629bf9b54829853fac9ae57c086502.png

I personally am not tech savy enough to recommend stuff, especially when I've only known Windows OS and have tasted a tiny bit of whatever Apple uses.... 
My advice is, do what you want to do.

If you are feeling like the things you want to do are getting done fine with your current system, it is the safest thing to just stay like that, more so when you don't seem to hate all Windows, just the prospect of the company pushing for 11. 

On the other hand, if you feel adventurous and are willing to take a risk, to try out something different even if just for the experience, go for it, but go for it knowing you might find things a bit too different to make out what's above or below. I have heard Linux is good but it can be complicated so feedback I've heard varies on weather they figured it out or bumped their head against the wall with multiple customizations for months until something maybe worked the way they wanted to.

So umm.... IDK if I'll use the poll... I don't want to push you toward the change or discourage you from it, so again.... it's up to you. If you try the change in a different computer you'll have both options too, so there's that (although it sounds to me like you are talking about just changing the OS, not the device so this bit might be out of the question).

12 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

windows or bust

Yeah I guess your right I much prefer actually Windows UI over Linux or Mac OS UI. @Mr. Best Male 2008 why would you think other OSes are are a bust compared to Windows I'm just curios... I wanna know why I don't disagree with you.

20 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I personally am not tech savy enough to recommend stuff, especially when I've only known Windows OS and have tasted a tiny bit of whatever Apple uses.... 
My advice is, do what you want to do.

If you are feeling like the things you want to do are getting done fine with your current system, it is the safest thing to just stay like that, more so when you don't seem to hate all Windows, just the prospect of the company pushing for 11. 

On the other hand, if you feel adventurous and are willing to take a risk, to try out something different even if just for the experience, go for it, but go for it knowing you might find things a bit too different to make out what's above or below. I have heard Linux is good but it can be complicated so feedback I've heard varies on weather they figured it out or bumped their head against the wall with multiple customizations for months until something maybe worked the way they wanted to.

So umm.... IDK if I'll use the poll... I don't want to push you toward the change or discourage you from it, so again.... it's up to you. If you try the change in a different computer you'll have both options too, so there's that (although it sounds to me like you are talking about just changing the OS, not the device so this bit might be out of the question).

Yeah that sounds about right What I want is to be able to use the Windows 9X/2000 GUI or even Luna theme from Windows XP with every part of the detail from that OS, or even Windows Vista/7 Aero Glass theme I really want theme back I want to be to use customizations again Windows 7 was the last to do this before METRO METRO METRO Windows 8 Fing GUI goddammit this is where Microsoft starts to fall flat hard and fast POST Windows 7 Era the GUI in Windows 10 is not good but its not bad its just boring and flat I guess they kinda got sick of it them selves in Windows 11 by making most of the flat icons material design and making the titlebar have a Transparent effect Similar to Windows Vista/7 and also go back to having rounded corners on the titlebars and other menus just like Windows Vista/7 but Windows 11 also included Context menus with rounded corners but that's not why I'm angry their ripping off Mac OS X UI with placing the taskbar in the Center and I still can't use Fing Aero Glass in Windows 11 but Windows 11 feels anti-customizations but I know Windows has been anti-customizations since the release of Windows 8 in 2012 but I much prefer If Windows 8 had much stuck with that Mock up of the Windows Vista/7 Areo Glass theme but it's squared in Windows 8 and it looked really really cool I wonder why those bastards scraped the idea of that UI for the Desktop... it would have been nice if we still had that Square version of the Aero Glass theme we had in the Windows 8 Developer Preview F Microsoft why did they flatten the Desktop UI... Please tell me @Sleepy @Mr. Best Male 2008 could you please tell me why they would do such an evil thing? I don't oppose using any Windows Operating System really I for now only HATE Windows 11, I Love Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 they are my favorites in terms of both on an Operating System Respective and a User Interface Respective Love Luna Love Aero Glass HATE what Windows 11 is offering I think Windows 11's UI design is called Mica and don't mind what Windows 10 is offering but I find it really boring and flat compared to Windows 7 I don't think Windows 10's UI has a name they never announced it I think I hate that the Titlebars in Windows 10 are not transparent... that's the only thing I might hate about 10's UI.

I have expressed many times already I'm a complete noob in regards of this and I don't feel qualified to give suggestions. If anything, I'd go with windows jusr because I suppose it's the OS that is compatible with the most stuff, and that's always a plus. Then again, no viruses with Linux is a great boon. IDK.

Depends on what programs you plan on using.

Gaming? Stick to Windows. Sure, you can use Wine on Linux, but not everything is compatible, and you can have some performance issues with what may be (mostly talking from personal experience here xD). Digital Art and stuff (like PS)? Windows. You have a few alternatives on Linux, but none of them are complete as PS is. Need to use Word/Power Point offline? Windows. Unless you don't mind compatibility problems with LibreOffice. If you're using them online (like Word online, or Google Docs), go for Linux.

Now, if you're mostly using your computer for web browsing and/or playing emulators... I'd say go for Linux. You can always hop back on Windows if you don't like it. It might take a while to get used to, but it's worth. Specially considering you've been hating Windows 10/11 xD

I just don't recommend Linux Mint. I think I've told you before, but I had some trouble with it. If it's your first time, definitely go for Zorin, Neon or Ubuntu

Archived