Instead of Switching from Windows should I just you know use virtualization instead?

Instead of Switching from Windows should I just you know use virtualization instead?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use a Virtual Machine?

• Stay on Windows and install a Vitrual Machine Exmaples such as like (WMware Workstation, Oracle Virtualbox, QemU, Virt Manager, etc) their are Type 2 Hypervisors
    • Just Downlaod and Install Linux and Delete Windows or Install alongside Windows (This is called a Duelboot)

@Rayfield Lumina @kyop @Sleepy @Kokoroshi @Mr. Best Male 2008 Hey guys I wanna talk more about Hypervisors so its a piece of software that runs on top of your HOST Operating System like say for Example I'm running Windows 10 Currently and I wanna be able to use an older Windows OS like Windows XP,  Windows Vista, and Windows  7 so I install Oracle Virtualbox on my Computer without having to install Windows XP,  Windows Vista, and Windows  7 or even a Linux Distro like KDE Neon or Ubuntu and its multiple flavors directly on my machine here I have a couple of Videos that explains what virtualization is.

There now you guys have 4 Videos that I provided, also if your running Windows well I think Downloaded WMware Workstation, Oracle Virtualbox, QemU, Virt Manager would keep you alot safer on the internet so that if you do get infected at least you can just deleted the Virtualized OS otherwise know as a Guest OS and just do a reinstall in a Virtual Machine  or you know what take a snap shot of the Guest OS so if something bad happens at least your Main/Host OS is safe and your Guest OS can be restored I want everyone to learn more about Computers and internet safety so I put up a poll for you guys to deiced if I should just stay on Windows but use a Virtual Machine to try other OSes or just install Linux on my bare hardware and oh yes I want you guys to comment as well with your thoughts and Options so whatever you think I'm getting smarter and smarter with Computers each day I'm no Novice Computer user anymore I want to do something cool I that will keep Windows if you guys tell me to and suggest me to do it if it's the best possible idea I'm thinking this might be the best of both worlds. Also look at these pictures of Lovely Windows OS-Tans I posted.

77082948_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.e354ec477d345537f8a7ea59ea90d4be.jpg

93130508_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.39015fc440f9923633441eea8555b37a.jpg

78372_p0_square1200.jpg.7142e0417cd5812a661831a799536ada.jpg

If you're using the VM to run something that needs to/runs better on Linux, then sure, why not? This, or you're going to use a program that only runs on another SO from time to time. I had to do that once to jailbreak my vita, since there wasn't/was too dumb to find one that runs on macOS.

But if you're using mainly for web/writing/etc, go for a dualboot. Make a small partition for Linux and see if you get used to it

I VERY MUCH second Mr. Best Male's words. I'm kinda embarrassed that I can't be of help of comment any of value whenever I'm tagged in this kind of thread because I just dunno lol. However, I'd like to recognize the work put in the thread, so Shiba Inu time it is. Truth be said, now I understand more about Virtualization and how it was damn possible a cousin of mine had a PC that could use both Linux and WIndows, I was always WTF how did you do that but he never really explained it well, it must have been that (but this happened like... huh, 10 years ago, so IDK if virtualization has existed for such a long time.

22 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I VERY MUCH second Mr. Best Male's words. I'm kinda embarrassed that I can't be of help of comment any of value whenever I'm tagged in this kind of thread because I just dunno lol. However, I'd like to recognize the work put in the thread, so Shiba Inu time it is. Truth be said, now I understand more about Virtualization and how it was damn possible a cousin of mine had a PC that could use both Linux and WIndows, I was always WTF how did you do that but he never really explained it well, it must have been that (but this happened like... huh, 10 years ago, so IDK if virtualization has existed for such a long time.

Thanks Ray :3 I have been really busy soon I might even cut down on Custom cards even more then I'm already doing so I kinda grew bored of them but... I don't hate making them their just really time consuming to make and compelete. Yeah Virtual Machines have exist since maybe the 2000's?

3 hours ago, kyop said:

If you're using the VM to run something that needs to/runs better on Linux, then sure, why not? This, or you're going to use a program that only runs on another SO from time to time. I had to do that once to jailbreak my vita, since there wasn't/was too dumb to find one that runs on macOS.

But if you're using mainly for web/writing/etc, go for a dualboot. Make a small partition for Linux and see if you get used to it

You ran Mac OS on a jail broken PS vita that's really cool. Whoops completely forgot to add this oh well I'm doing it right now of course... So is it better to duelboot because of performance or is it safer to go use a VM do to the bootloader can have a chance to become courted that's what I heard from this YouTuber called Explaining Computers. But I also do see where you coming from with a Computer/Web surfing perspective Linux is alot safer. Tough I really don't want to competently lose my Windows install because of 1 problem with the bootloader and I also lose the Linux install too which means I have to reinstall Windows all over again is Grub really capable of handling Windows properly cause Windows Bootloder will become courperted if I duelboot and theres a single error but then again there are really good laptops out there I can buy for a cheap price but running Linux in a VM for now is alot safer since it won't mess up my bootloader. maybe when I become more experienced with bootloder problems I might change my mind

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

it indeed seems great that one could swap from one to the other in a single device, being able to run programs and apps that are intended for one OS or the other. Perhaps one day, when I get a better handle at this.

Yeah so you could run more the 1 OS on your machine without having to install them physically on your device since you can experiment with them all in a VM.

1 hour ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

You ran Mac OS on a jail broken PS vita that's really cool. Whoops completely forgot to add this oh well I'm doing it right now of course... So is it better to duelboot because of performance or is it safer to go use a VM do to the bootloader can have a chance to become courted that's what I heard from this YouTuber called Explaining Computers. But I also do see where you coming from with a Computer/Web surfing perspective Linux is alot safer. Tough I really don't want to competently lose my Windows install because of 1 problem with the bootloader and I also lose the Linux install too which means I have to reinstall Windows all over again is Grub really capable of handling Windows properly cause Windows Bootloder will become courperted if I duelboot and theres a single error but then again there are really good laptops out there I can buy for a cheap price but running Linux in a VM for now is alot safer since it won't mess up my bootloader. maybe when I become more experienced with bootloder problems I might change my mind

Sorry, I think I didn't express myself well xD macOS is my main system, I just needed some stuff to jaibreak a PS Vita, but I could only find it for Windows (and Wine didn't work on it)

Well, depending on your computer specs, you'll have a nice performance using a VM too.

I never had problems with dualboot before, maybe it was a partition thing? Like, you tried installing Linux over Windows in the same partition and something messed up. Or, if you installed through a live usb, you set the usb as the main partition instead of setting the system to boot first from external devices, then the hard drive. Or Windows simply felt like it was time to go lol

You could practice using partitions in your VM. If you mess up, you won't lose a thing ;P

1 minute ago, kyop said:

Sorry, I think I didn't express myself well xD macOS is my main system, I just needed some stuff to jaibreak a PS Vita, but I could only find it for Windows (and Wine didn't work on it)

Well, depending on your computer specs, you'll have a nice performance using a VM too.

I never had problems with dualboot before, maybe it was a partition thing? Like, you tried installing Linux over Windows in the same partition and something messed up. Or, if you installed through a live usb, you set the usb as the main partition instead of setting the system to boot first from external devices, then the hard drive. Or Windows simply felt like it was time to go lol

You could practice using partitions in your VM. If you mess up, you won't lose a thing ;P

Thanks again for alot of the advice you know alot about Linux can you post a screenshot of your Linux Desktop please?

18 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Thanks again for alot of the advice you know alot about Linux can you post a screenshot of your Linux Desktop please?

Well, if I ever charge my old PC with Mint in it, I will, although there's nothing to see xD

I use Ubuntu for work so I can't really post here due to some business stuff. But it's just the default wallpaper anyways

2 minutes ago, kyop said:

Well, if I ever charge my old PC with Mint in it, I will, although there's nothing to see xD

I use Ubuntu for work so I can't really post here due to some business stuff. But it's just the default wallpaper anyways

Do you have other Linux Desktops you can show me that isn't Business related please I really want to see?

12 hours ago, Horu said:

VMs are also good for checking compatability if you're a programmer

@Horu You forgot to leave a vote on the poll, yeah I'm thinking of making my Own Browser with its own engine type that isn't just another Chromium Clone the engine will mostly be made by scratch and it will be Open Source project for people to come work on, if your interested in joining the development of supposed browser I'm creating soon please DM me and will chat and I will give you updates of when I'm ready to start the Project we need another non-Chromium based browser asside from Apple Webkit since that's exclusive to Apple Devices or maybe not idk but Firefox is the only one being Gecko/Quantum so what do you say we need to destroy the Chromium monopoly.  

14 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Horu You forgot to leave a vote on the poll, yeah I'm thinking of making my Own Browser with its own engine type that isn't just another Chromium Clone the engine will mostly be made by scratch and it will be Open Source project for people to come work on, if your interested in joining the development of supposed browser I'm creating soon please DM me and will chat and I will give you updates of when I'm ready to start the Project we need another non-Chromium based browser asside from Apple Webkit since that's exclusive to Apple Devices or maybe not idk but Firefox is the only one being Gecko/Quantum so what do you say we need to destroy the Chromium monopoly.  

I already voted in the poll

On 12/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Do you have other Linux Desktops you can show me that isn't Business related please I really want to see?

I'll charge my laptop with mint in it one of these days and send you a pic, but there's nothing much to see, really xD

I casted my vote a bit before the message.
Since even you already voted for that option of staying with Windows, I think it is better you do what you think is best.
Last time you put up a thread I told you it is fine to tinker with the other options if you wanna see what that's like, but personally I wouldn't do so at risk of losing the stuff I already have. As in, don't lose the Windows stuff you already know to try those out. If you plan on trying them out be sure to have a separate device for that (I don't think there's machines that allow you to have multipls OSs so that'd be the way).

20 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I casted my vote a bit before the message.
Since even you already voted for that option of staying with Windows, I think it is better you do what you think is best.
Last time you put up a thread I told you it is fine to tinker with the other options if you wanna see what that's like, but personally I wouldn't do so at risk of losing the stuff I already have. As in, don't lose the Windows stuff you already know to try those out. If you plan on trying them out be sure to have a separate device for that (I don't think there's machines that allow you to have multipls OSs so that'd be the way).

Actually you can but it depends on your hardware but there's software out there to let you run another OS on top of your current Host OS without deleting it that's why Virtual Machines exist.

Edit: There are 4 Videos that Explain about Virtual Machines they are Hypervisors for your HOST OS in your Case Windows go watch them you'll see what more you can do with your computer and how much more knowledge we can learn about our systems and keeping them safe. No sersioulsy you can run more then 1 OS on your Machine but you have to have enough storage in your HHD or SSD if your using a modern machine which I think everyone should be using an SSD, any who it is possible but Duel booting and running more then 1 OS on your Computer could lead to alot of problems like corrupted data and data loss it also makes all OSs you have on that System unuseable I'm not a big fan on Duelbooting... so that's why I recommend a Virtual Machine if you wanna try out other OSs, again I have about 4 videos in this thread that talks about them.

Archived