I'm thinking about Getting a New Computer High End

What should I spend my Money on?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Waste My Money Upgarde or Save Up for a New Computer

• Upgarde
    • Buy a New Laptop

So I've been thinking as of lately that I don't think its worth wasting all of my money to upgrade this Potato Computer I saw something really cool I wanted you can view it here. https://kde.slimbook.es/

So here are the Specs of my Potato Laptop its an HP Laptop from 2021
512 GB of HDD Storage
4 GB of DDR4 Memory/Ram
AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) its a Duel Cored CPU

and just to upgarde that shit cause

I wanted an AMD Ryzen 5x 5600 6 Cores and 8 Threads
With 16 GB of DDR4 Memory/Ram
and a 1TB of storage of 2.5 inch mSATA Samsung EVO870 SSD

But is it worth it when I can buy a PC that has all high end Hardware by Default and this New Laptop the KDE Slimbook 4 would cost me about $1600.27 I already have $270 saved up for this new Computer and my someone from my family said they would give me $20 each week so from now till May I should have around $570-590 saved up over the course of 15-16 weeks and I'll try to get other people to help me reach the goal of getting to a number low enough that my Grampa would buy it for me and pay off the Rest of the KDE Slimbook 4.

The New Specs that this new Computer is gonna come with:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700 U with 8 Cores and 16 threads up to 4.3GHz
14-inch IPS LED display with 1920 by 1080 resolution at 60Hz
500 GB of storage NVMe SSD
16 GB of DDR4 Memory/Ram

You don't know how underwhelming my Computer is till you use it your self and the only fing thing you have Open on this Computer is Firefox or Google Chrome well we all know Google Chrome and Chromium Browsers eat alot of Ram but Seriously look at this image and tell me how bad that is and leave your thoughts down below in the comments and you know what Open Task Manger on your PC and take a Snapshot of your Task Manger it can;t be as bad as what I'm going though here and I don't want to uninstall Windows 10.

Like how is it above 60% Memory and the reason the Disk is at 10% is because I'm using a Hard Disk Drive not a Solid State Drive also do your PCs consume 80% or more of its Memory?

So I want you to leave your thoughts and comments on what I should do and please vote and if your using Windows please put a Image of your Task Manger and tell me the Specs of your PC it doesn't Matter the OS since its Specs but Windows is the only OS with Task Manger also please vote and please leave a comment on what I should do.

Do You Think I'm happy when I look at Task Manger and see my Laptop Resources being Heavily Consumed >:( Short Answer NO! Why is that many Resources being Heavily Sucked out of my Laptop Windows also eats alot of System Resources and then theres the Fing Firefox which is much lighter but STILL >:(

1758315235_GodamnPatotoPC.JPG.b6cfb1208c20ea860e93c30400c772ee.JPG

image.thumb.png.28088326f73130eeecb6036c8f1c0a0d.png

@Rayfield Lumina @Sleepy @Horu @kyop @J-Max @Kokoroshi What do you all think of this Salutation please vote and leave your thoughts and options in the comments down below. Please I really need I'm trying to but a new Computer for myself so you need to help me out abit please.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

Ok, first of all...

Are you sure you can upgrade your current Laptop that much? I've been out of the "customizing" scene for years now (I think the last PC I've built was around 2010 xD), but are you sure you can upgrade your laptop's CPU? Did you check if the upgrade you want and the socket on or motherboard are the same, or if yours is soldered/integrated? Just saying so you won't spend money and have it sit around in your room (ram/ssd is fine, tho xD).

Anyway, given how things are, just go for a new laptop.

PS – Other OS's have Task Managers too, except the name is different xD

• Like 1
  • Shiba Inu 1

4 minutes ago, kyop said:

Ok, first of all...

Are you sure you can upgrade your current Laptop that much? I've been out of the "customizing" scene for years now (I think the last PC I've built was around 2010 xD), but are you sure you can upgrade your laptop's CPU? Did you check if the upgrade you want and the socket on or motherboard are the same, or if yours is soldered/integrated? Just saying so you won't spend money and have it sit around in your room (ram/ssd is fine, tho xD).

Anyway, given how things are, just go for a new laptop.

PS – Other OS's have Task Managers too, except the name is different xD

Really could you post a Screenshot of it then? Also buying this new Laptop will give me a chance to try out a New OS for myself it comes KDE Neon.

IDK about these things but if your computer is 5 or more years old generally it is a bit obsolete in the specs so if we are talking purely of a software updgrade you should just look for a new one. Especially if you have been putting your computer to good use for years now and it has started showing signs of old age. 
Even if it hasn't, last time I went to buy a laptop I noticed the average ram for in-store products was 16 GB, compared to 5-ish years prior trip when it was 8 GB, now the store only had 8 GB ram computers in clearance. If you say your computer is at 4 GB, maybe it is time to start fresh with a new one and work from there.

Edited by Sleepy
  • Shiba Inu 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

IDK about these things but if your computer is 5 or more years old generally it is a bit obsolete in the specs so if we are talking purely of a software updgrade you should just look for a new one. Especially if you have been putting your computer to good use for years now and it has started showing signs of old age. 
Even if it hasn't, last time I went to buy a laptop I noticed the average ram for in-store products was 16NGB, compared to 5-ish years prior trip when it was 8 GB, now the store only had 8 GB ram computers in clearance. If you say your computer is at 4 GB, maybe it is time to start fresh with a new one and work from there.

No its a fairly New Model from 2021 it is a HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx that is the model of my Laptop and I've talked about the HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx and it costed my Grampa $350 and was bought at Best Buy around November or December of 2021 and I received it on Christmas of 2021 I love this Laptop there is also a sticker that says it has Radeon Graphics I can't do anything with this Laptop @Sleepy did you see the image I posted of my Task Manager Usage hey Sleepy and @Horu I want to see your Windows Task Manager Usage please post an image with just Task Manager since it counts itself which shouldn't be a big deal and a Browser open like Firefox and have Snipping Tool, also I can't do thing other then browsing on this Computer I can't have multiple good/not stupid other then Fing Browser like Demanding Programs like an Office Suite Open in the Background, Oracle VirtualBox which I can't run on this Laptop, or even Microsoft Visual Studio Code which this Laptop would probably fall apart if I had both Microsoft Visual Studio Code and Firefox Open at the same time with more then 2 tabs I can't even use this for more Demanding Tasks other then F***ing Browsing the web on this piece of shit which is really boring do you want to be stuck with a Computer/Laptop like the HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx your whole life My Uncle's Computer is way better cause its an Acer with an NVMe SSD which I talked about last thread when I mentioned them.

So if you could also look at this from a Deeper Perspective then you should all be yelling at HP for being such a cheap ass company I wouldn't buy an HP or DELL Computer in this Day or age unless if its a Sever even then I would think twice before buying from them @Sleepy so will you post a Screenshot of your Task Manager all you need to do is Open up Task Manager.

This is why I need an New Laptop and I'm picking a Premium One this time it may be Expensive but this is better then a Macbook Air M1 cause atleast its Upgradable later on after you revive it I went with a Low/Mid-end Laptop in 2021 now I'm going with a Premium One that is really good so if you can also think of one that is no more then $1400 with really High Specs I would appreciate it alot but my choice is still the KDE Slimbook 4 cause I can do Microsoft Visual Studio Code on it while having more then 2 Firefox Tabs on at the same time and have at least 1 Virtual Machine running in the background maybe I'm pushing my luck abit  and I can even do my school work on it.

But Yeah I will still keep my Windows Laptop even if it's not that great did you know its my first ever personally owned ever other laptop I used either belonged to my schools or someone else which I still kinda do today.

But how would you like to deal with my Windows Laptop and your in my boots having to use it since its your only choice and you have nothing else to use and while your browsing it uses up 90% of your Ram if you only have Firefox Open and it starts Freezing, Crashing, and becoming Unresponsive wouldn't that be very annoying to you each day of the Fing Week and you had to hold down the Power Button and restart it for a Laptop this age its not the age of the Laptop its the Specs I don't know if a Laptop with a Hard drive is Low end or Mid end if its $350 cause it also comes with Radeon Graphics but yeah I would like you guys to leave your thoughts on how much you get very annoyed at using the HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx as your Main Computer and every other computer was taken away from you for 3 months you don't know how much Bullshit I had to put up with on this Laptop you guys would be pulling out all of your hairs because of sheer madness of being driven crazy with your somewhat shitty Speced Laptop for 2021 that's still using a Hard Drive which it's short name is a HDD and why doesn't this thing have an SSD where 2023 even in 2021 Hard Drives where unexceptionable with 4GB of Ram I get that its suppose to be an affordable machine but this Laptop sucks.

And You saw how I went on a full on rant about this Computer I'm currently using would anyone of you not get Crazy or become enraged with anger by using this Computer I know I would cause I had this Laptop for just 1 year and I'm already annoyed from using this F***ing Bullshit Speced Laptop and its not even 5 Years old at this point and that's how annoyed I get when I can;t do anything else besides using Firefox well atleast its still better then a Fucking Chromebook opps I said the F would without censoring my self but you know my undying Hatred for Chromebooks I Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Despise F***ing Chromebooks if I had to choose between a F***ing Chromebook and the Underwhelming HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx and this HP Windows Laptop is from 2021 that kinda specs even for an affordable Laptop is very low speced for 2021 I would always choose HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx because at least I can run non-Web based Programs on my Computer and not just F***ing Google Chrome speaking of the Devil I'm a Firefox user and I can run LibreOffice, MS Paint, Gimp, etc but still very underwhelming in 2023 it just keeps getting worse as this Laptop from 2021 keeps ageing and it's getting old and weaker by each day that passes its dreadful life...

Man did I ever go on a full on rant I can't get a job because my dad won't let me why not cause he wants me to focus on my education first don't you argue with me why my dad won't let me I don't want to be questioned by anyone about that but someone from my Family said they would put $20 towards it each week I really want this Laptop it will be way better as a whole for using.

Yeah, Yeah what a very long rant I went though and yes I have an undying hatred for Chromebooks cause their an F*cking waste of your/my money. @kyop what do you think of this comment I made in particular also are you gonna send me a screenshot of Other OSes Task Manger?

1 minute ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

That's alright I thought you knew about hardware cause your very smart.

Aww, thx~

I probably would've been more interested back in HS or something, but I don't use laptops too heavily anymore so I stopped keeping up with it.

Nowadays, the only time I bother with a new one is when my old one is physically broken and I feel like going for an upgrade.

• Shiba Inu 1

Just now, Tinkerer said:

Aww, thx~

I probably would've been more interested back in HS or something, but I don't use laptops too heavily anymore so I stopped keeping up with it.

Nowadays, the only time I bother with a new one is when my old one is physically broken and I feel like going for an upgrade.

NP, lawys happy to see others happy

btw

What does HS stand for?

Also How old is your current Computer?

I'm just gonna idem Tinkerer, I don't know heck about computers, but in contrast with our favorite Shuckle, I'm not smart either :v

Tbh if you can afford it, go for it. Surely 4 GB Ram is relatively limited by today's standards, it will be slow and games rather difficult to run, so yeah, wynaut?

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm just gonna idem Tinkerer, I don't know heck about computers, but in contrast with our favorite Shuckle, I'm not smart either :v

Tbh if you can afford it, go for it. Surely 4 GB Ram is relatively limited by today's standards, it will be slow and games rather difficult to run, so yeah, wynaut?

Yeah I guess your right ray but let me ask you this would you get annoyed at using a Computer like the HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx that's the Laptop I use what would you do on it? You can run an Office Suite like LibreOffice, and a Browser like Firefox and maybe that's about it.

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

That's pretty much what I had with my old chromebook and I had to survive with it for years xD. Probably you won't endure that much being the man-o'-modern-technology you are, so I support you buying a new one as long as you don't neglect more important stuff

Alright Ray but haven't you seen this Task Manger seriously I'm only using Firefox and Windows has management  to not do resource Management very well just look at how crazy high the Memory is at!? Thanks Ray

image.png.e5cc47572b9aa700ac846d274e16bf3c.png

My previous one was a DELL that within 2 years decreased its max volume to 0 so I needed earphones to watch any videos. It also had the battery die at less than halfway into its expected lifetime despite me caring for it more than with previous devices. Not content with having to live plugged to stay on it stopped recognizing its own battery and refused to even access its OS until I got a new one, which also ended up dying within 2-3 years, and because I did not wanna bother sending my laptop myself for who knows how long to DELL for them to slap a new battery themselves and give it the "yeah it has factory settings" stamp on it, the OS kept asking me to ditch the 3rd party one I got because "it can explode you know? and we won't be liable for that" even though I had the right model of battery specifically made for this computer. Though by then the charging plus was also getting weird and the base of the laptop made the whole system freeze or force-restart if you slightly pressed it funny. That's apart form the typical "computer's getting old and slow and glitchy" that comes with a lot of using it xD

My current one is an HP and it is fine. No complaints so far from me as of yet and it is in its 2nd or 3rd year with no signs of breaking down any time soon.

Particularly, something I already knew which is that Google Chrome suuuuuuucks in how much memory it consumes. But my internet activity is very much trapped in the Google ecosystem with lots of accounts and the way I synch it up. I got Firefox in a different computer but I don't think it is comfortable enough for me to make that change yet as much as everybody prizes it up.
mv5JudH.png

Edited by Sleepy
  • Shiba Inu 1

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

My previous one was a DELL that within 2 years decreased its max volume to 0 so I needed earphones to watch any videos. It also had the battery die at less than halfway into its expected lifetime despite me caring for it more than with previous devices. Not content with having to live plugged to stay on it stopped recognizing its own battery and refused to even access its OS until I got a new one, which also ended up dying within 2-3 years, and because I did not wanna bother sending my laptop myself for who knows how long to DELL for them to slap a new battery themselves and give it the "yeah it has factory settings" stamp on it, the OS kept asking me to ditch the 3rd party one I got because "it can explode you know? and we won't be liable for that" even though I had the right model of battery specifically made for this computer. Though by then the charging plus was also getting weird and the base of the laptop made the whole system freeze or force-restart if you slightly pressed it funny. That's apart form the typical "computer's getting old and slow and glitchy" that comes with a lot of using it xD

My current one is an HP and it is fine. No complaints so far from me as of yet and it is in its 2nd or 3rd year with no signs of breaking down any time soon.

Particularly, something I already knew which is that Google Chrome suuuuuuucks in how much memory it consumes. But my internet activity is very much trapped in the Google ecosystem with lots of accounts and the way I synch it up. I got Firefox in a different computer but I don't think it is comfortable enough for me to make that change yet as much as everybody prizes it up.
mv5JudH.png

Oh I didn't know that then after hearing this HP is not so bad, its Dell their Build Quality is Shit and Half Ass Dell is now being added to a List of OEMs that I avoid at all cost DELL used to be so Good but is so bad now a days.

Well then try Brave Browser if you want something that's still close to Google Chrome its even Chromium and you can easily transfer your stuff to that browser.

The only reason I switched was because of Mental Outlaw's Video on YouTube about Google Chrome removing the ability to use Ad Blockers which breaks them and plus I want to go with something Open Source that wouldn't do anything data profiling on me or be in a Toxic Walled Garden @Sleepy will you try switching to Firefox on the side I know change can be hard which I love the fact I'm using Firefox Now and its more Free and Open and eats up less Ram.

But still I can't get mad at you for using Google Chrome or being a Chromium user but here 1 thing I'll though is do you really trust Google, also do you think within Google Chrome itself its not phoning home to Google and they can see everything where doing I will not blame you for using Google Chrome.

Apple Makes their Ecosystem closed down and not easy to get away from we need to stop giving Bullshit Big Tech what they want all the time that's why I changed my browser from Google Chrome to Firefox in late 2022 before November to try get away from Big Tech and even try to phase them out eventually.

That's why I want to try to move to Linux at least I have more Freedom Over the UI there and not just be forced to use what ever bland UI Microsoft Gives me that's why I will be moving away from Microsoft Windows sometime this year or if not within the next year cause I'm fed up with the annoying Bullshit from Microsoft and Windows 11 I can't wait no more when I get the new SSD put into my HP I well go for a fresh start of an new and wonderful OS cause I'm tried of relying on Big Tech all the times and all of you should too don't let them push you around and take advantage of you like that let's spread more awareness that its happening and not just sit around and just do nothing let's try to change we should do change on the side like get an old Laptop and install Linux on it and try it out get your feet wet in the experience of Linux and try out other things you don't know till you try that's why change is important but just sitting around and accepting the facts is not a thing that I like to see cause sitting and doing nothing big tech gets more powerful each time you don't even try.

That's why I will still be getting myself a KDE Slimbook and saving up  as much money as possible for this new computer I'm getting tried of this annoyance of Big Tech I know its not my choice to make you chance your preferences and what you like to do and what software you use like Operating Systems, Search Engines, Browsers, Office Suite, Password Mangers, Chat-client, Email client, Social Media (which I really hate this category for the following reasons i.e Twitter Losers, Facebook Dummies, Instagram Idiots, Tik Tok R*tards) which I can see why people may or may not like doing stuff a certain way cause its a habit and change and mitigation may be too much to ask for in a human but if we never try new things we will never change as a society then we as a society will never try new things or even experience stuff that we may or may not like that's why I hate Social Media cause its always Big Tech Bullshit like Reddit, Facebook *cough* *cough*, Twitter, Instagram, and worse of all Fucking Tik Tok ruined an entire Generation we can't be throwing our hands up in the air and say these companies our the best they our losers they suck that's why we should be relying on them less much less so I don't care how much you love a piece of software or how attached to it you are we have to find alternatives in life I'm not saying to ditch them entirely I'm saying that we as a society never give up on trying new things I'm saying that we change things up abit at time in our life.

Like last year I was mostly eating very unhealthy foods but slowly after time I felt that that I need to cutback on the junk food and start eating more healthy foods like I was eating alot of treats till I decided it was enough this week I don't have any sweet treats cause I'm trying to eat more vegetables with dip and the other change is my switch from Google Chrome to Firefox look I know not everyone can just as easily can Google Chrome for another browser but if i can change overtime then you can too look I'm not forcing you to quickly change your life style entirely like a cold turkey that swiftly goes from start to the finish immediately as soon as the race starts no... no... no... that's not at all what I'm trying to say but if you could consider it on the side that would make your life so much better and I care about helping people out with advice on how to change software that you like using for who knows how long their needs to be line drawn somewhere that Big Tech cannot cross and that is why I'm so tried of using Modern Versions Of Microsoft Windows I Miss Windows 7 so much from my childhood what happened everything look so happy and cherry and now everything looks so F***ing flat and boring that they take them self to seriously now you can't even enjoy life without some VTuber starting drama or someone else or a company I'm so tired of that Life Style I just want to get away from all the drama and annoyance of Big Tech so give this very long sentence suture that I made going on a long rant about Big Tech a though in your mind even when you sleep at night now I'm done ranting about stuff like that.

Also @Sleepy I didn't know that your Computer used up about or above 80% of its Memory I'm also having but I only I'm using Firefox and nothing else that really goes to show you how bottom of the barrel and garbage 4GB of Ram on a Windows Machine can really be how much Ram does your Computer have what are the specs on it I really want to know also I wanna know if you use Intel or AMD for your CPU and is your computer using an SSD or HDD it can be very easy to tel by checking the Task Manger and clicking on the performance  tab and there are Small Boxes with different colors like CPU is Blue, Memory is Purple and Disk is Green and you will quickly know if your using an SSD or not if it says HDD then that means your using a Hard Drive which that is old fashioned because SSD exist for a reason to replace HHDs and I'm sorry for dragging you into this long rant Sleepy.

@Sleepy Hey If you wanna find the Specs of your Computer just go to Control Panel NO! You know what watch this Video it still works in Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2. I want you to please tell me the Specs of your Computer and just for Prove I will take a Screen shot of it with Winver Opened just to prove it cause I really want to know your Computer's Specs are. I will also leave 2 videos in addition to the Screenshot.

jjjjj.thumb.JPG.58fcf7198ec26355451da6df37d4338d.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Imma switch about to switch my operating system from Windows 10 to KDE Neon when I get the SSD installed and I will pick up another ram stick supposedly another 4GB of DDR Ram and then that should tie me over till I get my new Laptop cause have a Gift Card.

image.png.c0e2687e03839a1ab72dccd4976082ea.png

image.png.8cc91d156d9cfcf96ecb93140e58ed01.png

@Sleepy When will you post your Computer Specs?

• 2 months later...

@Kokoroshi @kyop @Tinkerer Guys I have sad news

Hey so now that I can no longer by the KDE Slimbook 4 due to me paying out of pocket to fix the Laptop I have it is no longer possible to buy it.

R.I.P KDE Slimbook 4

So I might just get a Referbirshed Desktop instead probably find a way to get a job and start earning money so I can get a Truly however my HP Laptop is not all bad I just want something that is higher Speced then my current and only Laptop then I probably might pass this down to another family member or friend but what if I want to give my laptop to one of you guys would any of you like that sure its not the most powerful computer but it can do some decent tasks and now with the Extra 4GB of Ram and the New Samsung 870 EVO SSD this computer is now surprisingly a smooth experience to use it doesn't freeze or crash as often like it used to before the upgrades too bad my dad punished me and forced me to spend the $200 that I was saving for a New High End Laptop to fix Windows 10 again... FUCK THIS SHIT ITS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKING Annoying as High Hell to do but I so imma ask my family members for alot of Gift cards so I can get a Referbirshed Desktop that can be more powerful then my current computer cause some older computers from 2012/2013/2014 can have DDR3 but can go up to 32GB of Ram while mine can only go up to 16GB of DDR4 Ram and I'm stuck with a Duel Core Processor FUCK THIS SHIT while those older computers come witha Quad Core CPU by Default and can be upgraded to 6 Cored CPUs and Can have any Number of SATA SSDs in there and have a GPU that is a Small form factor.

But in the end the my computer is less slow, freezes, crashes, and frustration Fucking HATE This Computer (Sometimes) I don't mean to sound negative about this Computer You know what I love it now thanks to the upgrades I got with this damn machine andd for anyone wanting to know what my Laptop is its a HP Laptop 15-gw0xxx look it up and you might see some poor revies but atleast is not Garbage compared to the at the time $135 Asus Computer that sucked it is apertnly worse then my Laptop but now here are the changes in the Task Manger.

Now back in February my Computer still Fucking had a Hard Drive in it like a Spinney Disk now in April will I had this since March I'm glad to report the Hard Drive is now Gone and I have a Drive with no moving or spining parts so yeah now I got the Samsung SSD Put into my Laptop it is an 870EVO with 1TB of Ram and I got an extra 4GB of Ram now My Computer has 8GB of Ram it is now alot more usable compared to what it was like back in February.

Before the Upgrades

image.png.5462a00c0fc1f40a334bd2d7d336486b.png

After the Upgrades

Task.png.5d6b870afdad593f1f94d2bc3d523def.png

11 hours ago, Horu said:

Sadly, with laptops, you'll find it's much easier/cheaper to buy something new than it is to upgrade.

Well there are some laptops that are very upgardeable like the MSI Laptops but are expensive I will ban buying budget/cheap laptops If I want to upgrade then I have to get a Desktop Computer @Horu Do you think that is good? Plus there are older computers from 2012, 2013, and 2014 that are WAY BETTTTTTTTTTTTTER Then getting any cheap ass inexpensive shitty Laptops I would rather buy a Macbook in that cause Laptops just suck, you what I'll get a Desktop since I don't Travel with my Laptop do you agree?

52 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Well there are some laptops that are very upgardeable like the MSI Laptops but are expensive I will ban buying budget/cheap laptops If I want to upgrade then I have to get a Desktop Computer @Horu Do you think that is good? Plus there are older computers from 2012, 2013, and 2014 that are WAY BETTTTTTTTTTTTTER Then getting any cheap ass inexpensive shitty Laptops I would rather buy a Macbook in that cause Laptops just suck, you what I'll get a Desktop since I don't Travel with my Laptop do you agree?

In all fairness, my laptop was only about $450 and has an i3 with 4gb of RAM and a 1TB HDD. A macbook with that same setup would run you about $1300.

Also, a macbook isn't upgradeable. Mine is a HP and it very upgradeable.

Edited by Horu

29 minutes ago, Horu said:

In all fairness, my laptop was only about $450 and has an i3 with 4gb of RAM and a 1TB HDD. A macbook with that same setup would run you about $1300.

Also, a macbook isn't upgradeable. Mine is a HP and it very upgradeable.

I just buy a Desktop how about that @Horu I don't travel with Computer not even my Laptop and I will just purchase the parts.