:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one think that the two-day period is a bit unfair to some. A fair number of people may be absent, and would have been unable to get online.

Here's a possible PM conversation:

Member: WTF!? Why was my thread locked!?

Mod: Sorry, but we've implemented a new Tag System, and since you did not clarify whether or not your RP was either Basic or Advanced, it was locked.

Member: Tag System?

Mod: *Supplies quote/url detailing the Tag System*

Member: But I wasn't here! I was *insert excuse here*

Mod: Sorry, it's not my fault that you were unable to gain access to a computer.

Member: Then how the hell was I supposed to even know about this? And why only two days?

Mod: Two days is a fair enough time to change the title of your RP.

Member: But what about other members, like me, who weren't able to do that!?

Mod: Not my problem.

Member: Could you at least unlock my thread? I'll add the tag.

Mod: Lolno. You missed the deadline, and all RPs that were locked due to missing the deadline will remain close.

*Later*

Member: WTF!? I added a tag to my roleplay, and you STILL locked it!

Mod: Read the rules. Yes, your thread was acceptable, except for one problem. It was a remake of the roleplay I had locked, and therefore spam.

Member: That's totally unfair! I've had it with your elitism!

Mod: "Elitism"? Hardly. You had your chance, and you didn't take advantage of it. The Tag System works fine, and if you're so tired of elitists, then you should have added a [basic] to your roleplay

Member: *Refuses to respond and makes an overdramatic post in the Leaving/Returning Thread before going to Roleplayadise*

Don't start on how unlikely this is. Simply acknowledge that this is a possibility, and extend the period to two weeks. This will likely reduce any anger by a lot.

Or, you know, just allow them to make remakes of RPs locked for lack of tag if they're remade w/ tag.

In my opinion, best option would be to issue warnings to the thread makers of untagged RPs on Sunday, then start closing maybe two days after that. It's unlikely their RP would still even be on the top 2 pages, or active, if they've been gone for over five days. Of course, newly made RPs without tags should be immediately closed.

I for one think that the two-day period is a bit unfair to some. A fair number of people may be absent' date=' and would have been unable to get online.

Mod: Sorry, but we've implemented a new Tag System, and since you did not clarify whether or not your RP was either Basic or Advanced, it was locked.

Mod: Sorry, it's not my fault that you were unable to gain access to a computer.

Member: Then how the hell was I supposed to even know about this? And why only two days?

Mod: Lolno. You missed the deadline, and all RPs that were locked due to missing the deadline will remain close.

*Later*

Mod: Read the rules. Yes, your thread was acceptable, except for one problem. It was a remake of the roleplay I had locked, and therefore spam.

Mod: "Elitism"? Hardly. You had your chance, and you didn't take advantage of it. The Tag System works fine, and if you're so tired of elitists, then you should have added a [basic'] to your roleplay

Member: *Refuses to respond and makes an overdramatic post in the Leaving/Returning Thread before going to Roleplayadise*

Don't start on how unlikely this is. Simply acknowledge that this is a possibility, and extend the period to two weeks. This will likely reduce any anger by a lot.

I lol'd so hard right there.

Honestly, it isn't that hard to get at least a couple of minutes on the comp.

I for one think that the two-day period is a bit unfair to some. A fair number of people may be absent' date=' and would have been unable to get online.

*Later*

Mod: "Elitism"? Hardly. You had your chance, and you didn't take advantage of it. The Tag System works fine, and if you're so tired of elitists, then you should have added a [basic'] to your roleplay

Well actually sometimes it is, Especially on family vacations, I have to go with Roxas on this one.

*Later*

Well actually sometimes it is, Especially on family vacations, I have to go with Roxas on this one.

*Shrugs*

Vacations are one thing, but just hangin' with friends and etc are really no excuse. =o

Well, w/e. We all know that when Sunday comes, someone's going to complain.

I agree with Elite. This is just to distract us from the real problem. sure, it lets us put a 1 or 2 sentaces for basic, but it doesn't help us for ooc post. we need to decide for good, wether for basic, we can also add ooc post, you might as well, if we're throwing 1 liners in the basic tags, might as well add ooc only post, their not spaming, their just asking something.

dude, i don't need to read all them goddam pages when i have to leave the comp for a day or two and return to have to read aboutt 3 pages. It'll be easier if i put

ooc: what did I miss?

then they just summerize me the whole thing that i missed instead of

A) read all the posts ether during night and missing some sleep.

B) read it all, then they post more, making me waste more time.

face it. we need to decide once and for all. You might as well just throw ooc only post in basic. We don't care what you do in the advance RPs. As long as you don't interfere with "spams" in our RPs unless we actually label them as spam.

I agree with Elite. This is just to distract us from the real problem. sure' date=' it lets us put a 1 or 2 sentaces for basic, but it doesn't help us for ooc post. we need to decide for good, wether for basic, we can also add ooc post, you might as well, if we're throwing 1 liners in the basic tags, might as well add ooc only post, their not spaming, their just asking something.

dude, i don't need to read all them goddam pages when i have to leave the comp for a day or two and return to have to read aboutt 3 pages. It'll be easier if i put

[b']ooc: what did I miss?[/b]

then they just summerize me the whole thing that i missed instead of

A) read all the posts ether during night and missing some sleep.

B) read it all, then they post more, making me waste more time.

face it. we need to decide once and for all. You might as well just throw ooc only post in basic. We don't care what you do in the advance RPs. As long as you don't interfere with "spams" in our RPs unless we actually label them as spam.

That's called being lazy.

If you're too lazy to look up what you missed, then you shouldn't have joined. Let's face it. If you know that you're going to be out for a while, and you know that there will be pages and pages added when you get back, ether PM the RP owner if you honestly can't go through those pages, or just read through them.

I get pissed when people post that in my RPs. Especially when it's only 1 or 2 pages.

Believe it or not' date=' time will progress and breaks will come.

[/quote']

Of course, but by then this rule would be commonplace and there wouldn't be an issue with people being gone and not hearing about the rule.

That's called being lazy.

If you're too lazy to look up what you missed' date=' then you shouldn't have joined. Let's face it. If you know that you're going to be out for a while, and you know that there will be pages and pages added when you get back, ether PM the RP owner if you honestly can't go through those pages, or just read through them.

I get pissed when people post that in my RPs. Especially when it's only 1 or 2 pages.

[/quote']

Agreed so much. "OOC: What'd I miss?" Happens to be my most hated phrase to date.

@Roxas: Hey, we can't all win in the end, can we? The reason why the adaptation period is so short is so that the mods can start modding with the new rules ASAP; if it goes on for too long, we can't enforce anything. Also, even though I said "no exceptions", that's mainly for people who are too lazy/ignorant to look at the new rules thread. If you PM me or one of the others with a valid reason for your absence, I'm sure it will be unlocked.

@the-whole-OOC-only-debate: That is staying, no matter what. We don't care what's easier or quicker, we care about cutting down on spam. That was one of the major points that was brought up when the mods were discussing what to do with the clause (and it was discussed for quite a while), and we were in agreement over the fact that a post that doesn't contribute to the goal of the thread at hand, in this case the advancement of the RP plot, will not be tolerated.

sometimes meh

but i personally think the tags don't really do that much i mean all they do is tell you if the roleplay is basic or advanced which only saves a few seconds really all in all i dont think its worth it.

Are you dumb or just stupid? It means that if anyone who isn't advanced posts in an advanced tag topic, then we have grounds to warn them/ban them after repeated offences. It's as simple as that, if you have a better ideas then suggest them. If not stop whining like a 2 year old.

Just so you guys knew that we were serious, I locked 26 active untagged threads. Didn't think it would nearly be that much... I've sent PMs to the owners of the locked threads, except for Pmac, who has his PMing disabled. Therefore, Pmac, if you see this post, and have a legitimate reason to why you didn't put the tag in, please respond. Thank you.

Just so you guys knew that we were serious' date=' I locked 26 active untagged threads. Didn't think it would nearly be that much... I've sent PMs to the owners of the locked threads, except for Pmac, who has his PMing disabled. Therefore, Pmac, if you see this post, and have a legitimate reason to why you didn't put the tag in, please respond. Thank you.

[/quote']

If any of them were on vacation, then I will have proven a point.

Good god. I saw the crackdown. If locked threads were like dead people, it's like a massacre out there. Well, at least my Label System managed to stop the Advance Clause war and shut both sides the hell up.

People will complain about the crackdown. Prepare of a $#*+load of spam Rinne. Perhaps you should of made the new system announcement in the announcements at the top of the forum. Maybe that would have got people's attention. Oh well, what's past is past. Let's hope I didn't start another war.

Good god. I saw the crackdown. If locked threads were like dead people' date=' it's like a massacre out there. Well, at least my Label System managed to stop the Advance Clause war and shut both sides the hell up.

People will complain about the crackdown. Prepare of a $#*+load of spam Rinne. Perhaps you should of made the new system announcement in the announcements at the top of the forum. Maybe that would have got people's attention. Oh well, what's past is past. Let's hope I didn't start another war.

[/quote']

Surprisingly, people have been relatively civil about it all. Sure, there have been some complaints, but it was more along the lines of Obfuscating Stupidity (such as writing "what did I do wrong?" when it's clearly outlined in the PMs I sent out to locked-thread owners) than anything incendiary. Also, announcements scroll out of their little box after a period, but stickies alway stay, so it's better like this.

However, I just wanna say that I am being serious about this. If a thread is tagless, it will be locked on sight. I'm not giving any exceptions, because I have to stick to my guns, and the only way that this will ever stick with the members is by force.

I have one Change to ask for the Tag system.....

I saw the amount of Topics locked and freaked(I seriously hate looking at a Locked Topic, except ones with "Lock" or something similar in the Title, Especially if it has my posts in it), but that gave me an Idea, To Minimize the amount of seemingly unreasonably Locked RPs, How about Treating the Tagless RPs as if Tagged with an Advanced Tag instead of locking them?

I saw the amount of Topics locked and freaked(I seriously hate looking at a Locked Topic' date=' except ones with "Lock" or something similar in the Title, Especially if it has my posts in it), but that gave me an Idea, To Minimize the amount of seemingly unreasonably Locked RPs, How about Treating the Tagless RPs as if Tagged with an Advanced Tag instead of locking them?

[/quote']

Actually, I quite like the Tag System. Really, it only takes another second or two just to add a tag. If you're tired of seeing the huge amounts of locked topics, then that's just another reason for why there should be a Trash section.

I saw the amount of Topics locked and freaked(I seriously hate looking at a Locked Topic' date=' except ones with "Lock" or something similar in the Title, Especially if it has my posts in it), but that gave me an Idea, To Minimize the amount of seemingly unreasonably Locked RPs, How about Treating the Tagless RPs as if Tagged with an Advanced Tag instead of locking them?

[/quote']

My suggestion to Rinne was that if it's non-tagged then it's a basic RP.

Archived