Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

I know how you feel' date=' I was appalled with what they did to Aki and the rest as well...

[/quote']

I hate what they did to Akiza Aki....

Fix'd.

Why complain about a simple name change? And' date=' I completely understand Rex Godwin's name change to Rex Goodwin. [b']It's so the 4kids isn't pushing religion.[/b] A lot of character names in diffrent shows have been changed for that reason. Same thing with some of the cards themselves.

Egyptian Gods.

I fear for how they will change Divine....

Well, they didn't touch the Egyptian Gods' Divine Attributes and Divine-Beast Type...

Yes, but they get even worse at editing over time.

Remember, even Phantom Skyblaster became Illusion Brigadier.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akiza-Pointless and stupid, but at least they didn't totally change it.

Nervin-Pointless, but it's not a big deal

Tetsu Ushio-I think it was because his name was "too Japanese". If they were going to change it they should have made it his old dub name.

Hunter Pace-Same as above.

Tank-Pointless, but not important.

Luna- I like Luna more than Luca personally. It kind of sounds better.

Rex Goodwin-Understandable, plus it not that big of a deal. In fact I never noticed it was "God" till like right now.

None of the name chages were needed, but some can be understanable for localization.

The only name I personally don't like is Aki's. Sounds stupid if the way you say it is the way I'm saying it.

You probably say that because Luca is actually a boys name, an italian boys name (I used to have someone in my class called Luca), so I was prepared for her name to be changed, but it was worse when they gave Lua her name, and it makes me confused now.

Yup, previously though they never ended switching names like that, usually they didn't do anything of that nature. I don't even remember who Blitz or Nerve are other than they were in the group Yusei 'left' behind, and thats about it.

Yup' date=' previously though they never ended switching names like that, usually they didn't do anything of that nature. I don't even remember who Blitz or Nerve are other than they were in the group Yusei 'left' behind, and thats about it.

[/quote']

I believe that Japanese Blitz was the guy with the bandana and Nerve was the one with the glasses.

The fact that their names got switched really annoys me the most.

You wouldn't....

The Japanese fans do care, they always care, they're the ones who have to auto convert in their heads whenever reading fanfics just to figure out who they're talking about, and have to add the tags for the dub names when making amvs and the like.....

Plus I <3 the twins, so any names changes their auto annoy me.

Yup' date=' previously though they never ended switching names like that, usually they didn't do anything of that nature. I don't even remember who Blitz or Nerve are other than they were in the group Yusei 'left' behind, and thats about it.

[/quote']

I believe that Japanese Blitz was the guy with the bandana and Nerve was the one with the glasses.

Japanese Blitz was the one with the glasses. Nerve has a bandana.

You wouldn't....

The Japanese fans do care' date=' they always care, they're the ones who have to auto convert in their heads whenever reading fanfics just to figure out who they're talking about, and have to add the tags for the dub names when making amvs and the like.....

Plus I <3 the twins, so any names changes their auto annoy me.

[/quote']

I thought you agreed with Rua's name change.

' pid='1194105' dateline='1223190418']

[/quote']

Japanese Blitz was the one with the glasses. Nerve has a bandana.

Thanks for the correction.

Those monsters! I've been watching the sub for a long time and while I personally don't give a care about Rex' date=' Blitz, or Taka. Theyshould pay for changing Aki, Ruka, and Mukuro's(I'm expecting alot from this character after his duel with Yusei) names.

[/quote']

Her name is Luka, not Ruka...

' pid='1210139' dateline='1223585075']

Those monsters! I've been watching the sub for a long time and while I personally don't give a care about Rex' date=' Blitz, or Taka. Theyshould pay for changing Aki, Ruka, and Mukuro's(I'm expecting alot from this character after his duel with Yusei) names.

[/quote']

Her name is Luka, not Ruka...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Luna#Naming

Wow, that's slightly confusing.

Archived