Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

BS, you're usually on my side when it comes to other stuff.

He agrees with whatever person seems to be most correct. That's how rational people think.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a lot more successful than any of Funimation's products, it's true. But Funimation makes a lot of its money off of dubbing single-season anime, and most of it is direct-to-DVD. And none of what they dub is Saturday morning cartoon stuff. It can't really be compared. The big things Funimation is involved with are big: Fullmetal Alchemist, DBZ Kai, and probably some other thing I can't think of right now.

So I'm not sure if there's actually a point to all this rambling. If there is, I think it's that 4Kids isn't secretly some sort of genius company (I think we knew that). They put 90-95% of the care put into the average Saturday morning cartoon, but Yu-Gi-Oh! gets ahead because it looks really good and because the broad strokes of the execution are more interesting.

Savvy?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Funimation_Entertainment

Read it and weep, those who naysay it.

They do Case Closed, Hetalia, (The prevoously mentioned) FMA and DBZ, Crayon Shin-Chan (That weird show on Adult Swim), and a LOT more things. I wanna say they did Host club, too.

They are involved with big names and small names. Only "Kiddy" thing I saw was Kirby, and, in JApan, that was about Satan trying to kill Dream World ._.

http://en.wikipedia....n_Entertainment

Read it and weep, those who naysay it.

They do Case Closed, Hetalia, (The prevoously mentioned) FMA and DBZ, Crayon Shin-Chan (That weird show on Adult Swim), and a LOT more things. I wanna say they did Host club, too.

They are involved with big names and small names. Only "Kiddy" thing I saw was Kirby, and, in JApan, that was about Satan trying to kill Dream World ._.

You mean Kirby: Right Back At Ya! ? I think 4Kids did that. I don't disagree that Funi does a ton of awesome stuff, it's just that most of it is not as well known as YGO.

(Funi did Angel Memes Beats! too, iirc)

You mean Kirby: Right Back At Ya! ? I think 4Kids did that. I don't disagree that Funi does a ton of awesome stuff, it's just that most of it is not as well known as YGO.

(Funi did Angel Memes Beats! too, iirc)

Actually, it's listed on there =o It WAS on 4kids slot on Fox, but it was Funi =D

And the stuff isn't as known, due to... Well, no CARD GAMES ON MOTORC- I mean, card games.

And, they don't lsit the best anime ever there, but I can't find WHO dubbed it O_o

Actually, it's listed on there =o It WAS on 4kids slot on Fox, but it was Funi =D

And the stuff isn't as known, due to... Well, no CARD GAMES ON MOTORC- I mean, card games.

And, they don't lsit the best anime ever there, but I can't find WHO dubbed it O_o

My genius method for finding out if Funi dubbed something is to watch an episode. If it starts with "FUNIMATION...you should be watching", then it was probably dubbed by Funimation.

Code Geass? Bandai dubbed that.

(doesn'tactuallyknowtowhichanimeyourefer)

Yeah, I know, but you have to get some crazy expensive package to get it. For 4kids you don't even need cable. Trust me, if I had a spare $200 a month that spontaneously generated in my back pocket, I'd have the Funimation Channel.

It's $200!?

Not paying the cable bill, I really wouldn't know, but geez.

There might be something better you could do with an $2400 every year...

• 3 weeks later...

It's $200!?

Not paying the cable bill, I really wouldn't know, but geez.

There might be something better you could do with an $2400 every year...

The comment is old but, bear with me.

That's actually pretty expensive for cable O_o my home has cable + internet + phone for about $80..... $200 might not be talking about dollars in there =0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived