Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Ark Cradle, Divine Temple, same thing.

yes but, i and many others don't like the dub names, even though this is the dub thread

we've had many incidents in the past when some members b****'d at people using dub names, and besides Ark Cradle is better than Divine Temple*shudders* imo

Dark Magician Girl makes an appearance in that season, and that's how you know it's going to get good.

it's Gagaga Girl, get it right

...and besides ZeXaL is too epic not to get dubbed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but, i and many others don't like the dub names, even though this is the dub thread

we've had many incidents in the past when some members b****'d at people using dub names, and besides Ark Cradle is better than Divine Temple*shudders* imo

it's Gagaga Girl, get it right

...and besides ZeXaL is too epic not to get dubbed

ZeXaL is epically strange (plotwise)

Just watched the end 'screwed-out-of-the-end' job.

Extremely underwhelmed with the duel itself to be honest, with Aporia just being passed off as just another nut-job, and all the questions raised by Z-one's appearances throughout the series going to be unresolved.

At least 4kids don't have to tax their brains working out how they can gloss over Bruno's death as not happening now, because its not going to happen.

Link to decent subs site please.

Wait, so what did they do for the dub?

Regarding the ending you mean?

Yusei wins using silly trap card, Aporia does the obligatory "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I've failed with my plan to destroy things for no real reason other than cuz I'm a baddie" and drives into the sea (even that's kinda unsatisfying), Yusei Jack and Crow crowned as champions with the girls and Ragnarok cheering for them, we get the briefest glimpse of Elsworth without Sherry, whilst Bruno is stood somewhere in the background. Yusei says its all good.

Soon as I get my home broadband sorted out it's to the subs for me, because I thought it was garbage. With all the previous encounters with Z-one, you'd have to be 4 to not realise 4kids have screwed you.

So they ENDED the series without the Ark Cradle arc? They had the duel end and everything disappear as in the original, had them crowned WRGP champions, and then ended it before the Ark Cradle reappeared?

Actually, that's not the worst ending. A lot of people said the Ark Cradle Arc was horrible and tedious (and it really was), but it still feels like a gyp, especially since they skipped Season 4 of GX, and chunks out of 5Ds.

But whatever.

4Kids ended it at Aporia losing like I said they should? <3 4Kids.

Can't say losing the Ark Cradle arc was a bad thing. It was really boring and the whole season was already long and dragged out enough (89 episodes. Seriously.) Dropping 16 episodes was an improvement. They should've also cut Crashtown.

Well, the duel with Sherry vs Aki/Crow was a waste. Aporia vs Jack/Rua/Ruka was epic. Yusei vs Antinomy was...kind of bland despite the epicness, but the winning combo was such ridiculous BS...

Aporia vs Zone was epic. Yusei vs Zone was incredibly drawn out.

So yeah, we can be happy without those dubbed.

After a bit more time to reflect, I'm even more disappointed with the way it ended.

I mean if you think about it Aporia kept going on about how Zero Reverse had happened again and he was trying to stop it (albiet in a rather extreme way), but Yusei just kept sticking his head in the sand and going 'oh I don't believe you, Synchro's are good really' but no proper argument. When Aporia was defeated (and hey for once a YGO bad guy stays as a bad guy until the end instead of 'sorry I tried to destroy/take over the world, lets be friends', except he really isn't that bad given what I just said) the Arc Cradle disappears, but Yusei doesn't say anything about heeding any warnings from what happened or trying to ensure Zero Reverse never happens again.

So now it will.

Great work Yusei, you just doomed us all with your self righteousness.

I suspect it doesn't work like that in the sub, which is why I think its a jib ending (although Zone vs Yusei does sound extremely long-winded from what I hear)

Archived