Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry disappeared off the face of the earth with no explanation. Zone has no explanation. The fifth Signer Dragon has no explanation. The fact Bruno is Dark Glass/Whatever his dub name is has no explanation or follow-up, the entire concept of the Ark Cradle has no explanation.

That's a lot of plotholes.

At least its not hard even for kids to guess that Bruno and Vizor are the same person.

I'll explain this for the last time.

1. 4kids filed a motion to keep yugioh license until lawsuit is over. (it was granted)

2. Lawsuit is on hold because 4kids filed for bankruptcy. (probably a ploy)

3. We all know that once the suit is over 4kids is done.

4. 4kids plans to market Zexal even though they have to know they're going to lose it.

So yes, 4kids will dub Zexal. But they might not finish the whole series, if they do this will most likely be their last.

4Kids further argued against the validity of the licensors' termination, stating that it was "procedurally invalid" and declaring that the company is "likely to establish" that ADK and TV Tokyo's accusations are "without merit." 4Kids purported that ADK was aware of the company's deal to split revenue with North American anime distributor Funimation — which the licensors' lawsuit alleged was in fact an attempt by 4Kids to evade paying royalties to the Japanese companies. Additionally, it claimed that several of ADK and TV Tokyo's audit findings "arose more than six years ago" and have therefore passed beyond the statute of limitations.

Six years? That's a short statute of limitations. I think.

I was totally hoping that since TV Tokyo is, you know, Japanese, they would be all like "We do not negotiate with gaijin" and assassinate 4Kids' lawyer with robotic ninja maids. But NOOOOOOOO all the Japanese companies are getting soft and settling out of court and whatever else it is businesses do.

You people are idiots. If 4kids goes bankrupt, no more Yugioh on American tv.

That will mean the cards will become harder to sell, the sales will drop, people will lose interest, and we have no Yugioh cards in America at all.

>Doesn't play IRL

Then again, I don't care if 4Kids gets it, beyond them being dumbasses

That will mean the cards will become harder to sell, the sales will drop, people will lose interest, and we have no Yugioh cards in America at all.

I'm pretty sure going bankrupt will allow the Yugioh rights to go to someone else. And tell me which dubbing company wouldn't want one of America's most prominent anime?

On another note, Aporia's french accent just ticks me off. I expected something deep and slightly echoing, not a deranged frenchman.

Hell, I didn't really care about his accent. His opening line was epic. His "despair" lines were epic. His story about him and the other guys from the future were 99% spot-on. I liked him.

Well, No Yugioh, no Yugiohcardmaker.net

Think about it.

seriously, if 4kids files for bankruptcy its not gonna change the sales of yugioh cards since the internet and the japanese subs still exist, and teh dubbing rights would go to someone else

Archived