Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

. . . . . . I hate internet people, being ever so thoughtless . . . . . but I guess that's the internet.

As for the Yusei going on and on about Synchros are good, he DID say this in the dub: "Like every great power, Synchros can be used for good as well as for evil!" That's actually a pretty logical assumption . . . sort of. 4Kids should have added that part at the end about him being a scientist and successfully stopping the Zero Reverse. Oh well, doesn't really matter.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It f***ing sucks for me 'cause 4Kids changed the lineup for the shows this weekend. Now I'll never see Yusei beat the crap outta his future self, or if Sherry survived that Interdimentional time-slip that she, Yusei and Bruno went through in the subbed version. T_T

You don't get it. They changed the line-up because they will not dub those episodes.

Agreed. My friend watches the dub, so I watched the last two episodes at his house. I was actually impressed with Jakob and Aporia's voices, although Aporia's slight accent kind of bothers me. I love how he said "I am Aporia." I actually think it caught how the despair he suffered broke him, but the following episode ruined that with his hamminess.

Indeed. He even said Despair.

Hurray! Let's see if they keep up with that.

Honestly, I hate that they're just skipping the Ark Cradle/Divine Temple =/

AS said, it leaves a lot of plotholes. It also kills Leo getting /development/, Aporia becoming one of the best characters, Quasar, Time Lords, Antimony's purpose, Sherry's purpose (They kept the scene of her meeting Z-ONE, I think), Paradox being canon, Team Ragnarok's badassery, etc.

While the Arc Cradle could have been a lot better... There was a LOT of important stuff in it ._.

Why does 4kids always fail to dub the last plotline? First GX, and now this. I'm scared for ZeXal. O_o

Oh, and I wasn't aware of the lost Huntik season. It did leave a few plotholes, true, but I didn't know they skipped something. Summer vacation ending made for a convinient excuse for an ending, like the soul fusion with Yubel and the defeat of Aporia.

On another note, Aporia's french accent just ticks me off. I expected something deep and slightly echoing, not a deranged frenchman.

Archived