Unofficial 5D's Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With good writing, 4Kids could easily wrap it up at the episode where Yusei beats Aporia, and dub the last 3 episodes afterwards. Personally, I wish the original version's writers dropped Z-ONE and Sherry, made Aporia the villain, had the Antinomy duel happen in the tournament between the Aesir guys and New World, cut out Ark Cradle, and end with the tournament. It also would've been nice to have subplots about the characters thinking about their futures (mainly Akiza) throughout the season instead of just throwing it in the last 3 episodes. The writers also could've made Yusei less stale and more flawed with real character development so I can actually feel for his struggle.

Isn't it normal for yugioh dubs to have a character's dead family just be "kidnapped?" Alister's brother was "kidnapped" by Gozaburo, Aster's father was "kidnapped" by The D.

Hey king: Your pic for your avatar looks ancient. Like 80's anime.

It is from an 80's anime. It's called California Crisis.

Alister's brother is still alive, Aster's real dad was absorbed into Destiny Hero Plasma.

Crow: "You think your parents would be happy to be in a world that's completely decimated?"

Sherry: "SHUT UP! I'LL MAKE THEM LIKE IT!"

Akiza: "Listen to yourself!"

yea but in the original Japanese version Alister's brother was killed, and Aster's father was also Murdered (its just his body wasn't present in the Dub)

continuation from your post:

Sherry: No! my parents were kidnapped by Yliaster, i'm trying to find out what happened to them

Crow: ...and what does that have to do with the whole "the world's gonna end up decimated" thing

Aporia! he kept his name

Which redeems 4Kids slightly. Now they just have to make up for cutting the scene with Akiza and Haruka, cutting out Jack getting Red Nova Dragon, keeping the original music for Clear Mind, keeping the original voice actor for Crow (I personally think he was better), and cutting out all the swearing and death sequences. Then, I might have a little bit more respect for 4Kids.

Which redeems 4Kids slightly. Now they just have to make up for cutting the scene with Akiza and Haruka, cutting out Jack getting Red Nova Dragon, keeping the original music for Clear Mind, keeping the original voice actor for Crow (I personally think he was better), and cutting out all the swearing and death sequences. Then, I might have a little bit more respect for 4Kids.

....but all of that outweighs 4Kids deciding to keep Aporia's name. i'll never have more respect for them, until they review their target audience some more

Fun fact: They made no attempt to 'send to the shadow realm' any of the victims of Z-one's future, especially Primo's love interest. Implied that they actually WERE blasted into smithereens. Also, did I mention they kept Primo using his gun against the Meklord? and a real gun at that with bullets, not a laser or water gun or whatever.

Also, they had no choice cutting all those out. I mean, they have little time left to end the series, on a tight schedule.

Archived