Super Smash Bros Brawl (Un)Official Thread

tehodis

Ive only just bought the game so fill me in' date=' basically it seems to me that Ike is the best character and Pit is pretty good aswell

[/quote']

Ike's recovery is horrible. Most his moves rely on smash atacks, and he's slow. Ike is crap. Pit is ok, but noobish. All spam moves, blech.

You seem like the Dedede, Luigi, Lucario type JoC. Try them all out.

Ike is one of the best characters in the game because of his Smash attacks...if he wasn't slow they would ban him from tournys.

What do you smoke?

Hm........

Wonder if Wario's bite works on Dedede's FS........>_>

Wario would be so banned from Tourney's lol. He eats a FS? That would be awesome!

~Kenpachi Zaraki

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ike is one of the best characters in the game because of his Smash attacks...if he wasn't slow they would ban him from tournys.

What do you smoke?

I don't understand do you want me to prove it to you? Because i will stomp all over you with Ike.

And what i was saying if he was fast it wouldn't take him about 1 seconded to release his smash attack' date=' just like DDD which takes him about 1-2 sconds for his Over smash. If they were fast they would be EXTREMELY hard to beat

1) Just because YOU do good with them, doesn't mean everyone else does.

2) Explain how Sonic's FS makes him bottom tier.

3) Most of Ike's attacks are slow; his recovery sucks

4) Pit has great recovery, great @ comboing, 2 ways to reflect projectiles.

1) Just because i can do well doesn't mean others can't, practice as either character for at least 1 hour and you will be quite good as any character.

2) It doesn't it just means he is extremely cheap, and dare i say Overpowered that is why they don't alow Smash balls in tournys unless they just ban him all together, don't get me wrong he is awsome it's just they put him there because it takes no skill to fight as sonic.

3)Yes his recovery sucks. But he does have ways of recovery -> B

and Up+B Over B is better in almost all situations unless you're under the stage...

4) yes Pit is formidable. Just not commonly used. Not saying it makes him a bad character. His recovery is more or less.

What do you smoke?

I don't understand do you want me to prove it to you? Because i will stomp all over you with Ike.

And what i was saying if he was fast it wouldn't take him about 1 seconded to release his smash attack' date=' just like DDD which takes him about 1-2 sconds for his Over smash. If they were fast they would be EXTREMELY hard to beat

1) Just because YOU do good with them, doesn't mean everyone else does.

2) Explain how Sonic's FS makes him bottom tier.

3) Most of Ike's attacks are slow; his recovery sucks

4) Pit has great recovery, great @ comboing, 2 ways to reflect projectiles.

1) Just because i can do well doesn't mean others can't, practice as either character for at least 1 hour and you will be quite good as any character.

2) It doesn't it just means he is extremely cheap, and dare i say Overpowered that is why they don't alow Smash balls in tournys unless they just ban him all together, don't get me wrong he is awsome it's just they put him there because it takes no skill to fight as sonic.

3)Yes his recovery sucks. But he does have ways of recovery -> B

and Up+B Over B is better in almost all situations unless you're under the stage...

4) yes Pit is formidable. Just not commonly used. Not saying it makes him a bad character. His recovery is more or less.

1) Allow me to rephrase that: Peach has gotten much worse since Melee. Also, i doubt either of those 2 characters come as close to being easy to master as Metaknight.

2) Wait, so what does that have to do with him being bottom tier?

3) By recovery, I include buth Up B and Side B

4) Wrong. Pit commonly used, but not to the extent of being overused. Also, if I'm reading that correctly, Pit's recovery doesn't suck.

What do you smoke?

And what i was saying if he was fast it wouldn't take him about 1 seconded to release his smash attack' date=' just like DDD which takes him about 1-2 sconds for his Over smash. If they were fast they would be EXTREMELY hard to beat.

[/quote']

First, I could care less if about Ike. Yes, he is cheap. His over head smash hits a complete circle, so you can't just come behind him.

Second, his smash attacks could kill any or most chaacters at 20-30% damage, so yeah you could STOMp on most characters with Ike.

Third, you couldn't even play me because my Wii is gone. But when I get it back, I'll be sure to let Meta Knight have a go at Ike's cheap ass while you're controlling him.

So don't come at me with that crap "I can stomp all over you." I've played the best of the best, and I doubt you can compete with them.

~Kenpachi Zaraki

Damn, I missed all the fun. O well. I shall fill all you in.

1) Ok, this is something people don't seem to get.

All items are banned in tournys. It has been like this since Melee.

2) Now for the characters people keep bringing up.

Ike: Ike has 2 problems that keep him from being good. His attacks come out slow and his recovery is crap. This is why he, and Ganon, are so low on tier lists. This doesn't mean he isn't good. A good Ike player vs a good Meta Knight player, Ike as a bit more of the edge since he can kill Meta Knight with ease.

Pit: I don't play Pit much, but this is what I know. His B is easy as hell to spam. His >B does nice damage and reflect projectiles. His recovery is very good.

3) First let me say most of what I'm about to cover are things that I think apply when a tier list is made. For all I know I can be way off base here.

When a tier list is made it takes many thinks about a character into account.

1. How good is the character them self

2. How hard is it to play well with them

3. How does the character do against other characters

4. Does the character have anything important that makes them differant from other characters

5. Other stuff I can't think of

Character examples.

Snake his so high because, is hard to kill, kills at low %, has great recovery, has great projectiles.

Meta Knight is so high because he is fast, combos very well, kills at mid %, has great recovery.

Peach is so low because she kill at high %, and dies at low %.

Sonic see ^

Luigi is decent all around, but doesn't do extra well in any area. So is mid.

Also don't use Wifi as an example since their are

1. Items

2. More than 2 people

3. Possible banned stages

4. 2 min matches.

In a tournys none of this would be their.

Now one more thing about tiers. My main is PT, he is low tier, or low mid at best, but I can still beat TAG's Snake and Wario. So while a tier gives an over all sum up as to how good a character is it doesn't mean a low tier character can't beat a high, or top tier character, especially at non tourny level play.

4) I

Charizard should have better recovery, but I like it's fighting style. Meta Knight is my best character, but I tie him with others like Snake. Being a Playstation guy since I was little kept me with Snake. Flame Drag, you got any vids? I'm thinking of making a Meta Knight/Snake vid. Maybe I'll show you guys.

~Ken-chan

I've been thinking of making vids with TAG' date=' but as of right now I don't have any.

Would be cool if I did start making vids just to show you all how badly I can own TAG.

[/quote']

SURE, but it has to be in tourney mode. :D

I've been thinking of making vids with TAG' date=' but as of right now I don't have any.

Would be cool if I did start making vids just to show you all how badly I can own TAG.

[/quote']

But than the video won't be of me owning you, just me beating you.

We should do it over Wifi :D

Ok, i understand everything completely.

Personally i think Meta Knight is quite possible the best character in the game!

Most the time if you lose with meta knight Vs. Ganon. Ike or any heavy hitters it is mostly because of the fact the Kirby and Meta fly far when hit but that's because they float/fly.

Now Youtube video? Cool. let me know when you make it i'd like to fight you guys too...

[/quote']

But than the video won't be of me owning you, just me beating you.

We should do it over Wifi :D

Do not leave me out of the fun i d pretty good with fox but has no good kill moves and has ike and ganon i good ok and marth i need work tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. Combo him with the new BOwser and you might fare pretty well. And no' date=' I don't agree with Bowser's spot on the tier list. He should be higher. THough his recovery is a tad bit ridiculous. . . .

~Ken-chan

[/quote']

It's very odd that you bring this up since I just started to pick up Bowser. He's good, but he has a few problems.

1) His kill moves are slow.

2) He's a huge target.

3) Easy to combo.

4) Again really big.

I guess in the end his size is his biggest disavantage and the reason he is so low. But IMO he should be a bit higher.

And since my first main in Brawl was Mario, he is very diiferant from what he was in Melee.

1) Cape now sucks.

2) Down B sucks

3) Down smash is worse.

4) Harder to spike with.

This is why I didn't main him. This doesn't mean I'm not bad with him.

Hell, I'm decent with most characters.

Same here Flame Dragon. I find that I really like Bowser, specially since he breaks the SmashBall so easily when I play little sister. XD

His size, you are again correct. Though I can't tell if he's bigger or smaller compared to Melee. I'd just play with him for fun. Since Melee, I had wanted to play as Giga Bowser, so, you know.

Mario has been disgraced in this series I think. He was downgraded a bit too much. Link was UP graded WAY too much. His recovery is ridiculous and I hate him the most in this game. And I still say Meta Knight FTW! XD

~Ken-chan

Archived