5Ds Japanese/Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancient news is ancient.

DVDs of Bonds Beyond Time aren't supposed to go on sale until next year, unfortunately. I saw it, but I honestly can't remember if Paradox death'd along with Sin Truth Dragon. Well, it looked like he did, but according to the wiki he "disappeared into the recesses of time". And before you all start whining, that isn't some cop-out that happened in the dub. I'm not sure if that's official or not.

• 3 weeks later...

This may already have been discussed, but I found a loophole in 5D's continuity.

Zone took the form of Yusei in the future because Yusei was the savior that stopped the Earthbound Gods. When Zone realized it was over, he went back in time and persuaded Rudger into causing the Zero Reverse. The Earthbound Gods were summoned because of the Zero Reverse. Therefore, Zone's future couldn't have happened, since the Zero Reverse never happened in his future.

I might be missing something.

This may already have been discussed, but I found a loophole in 5D's continuity.

Zone took the form of Yusei in the future because Yusei was the savior that stopped the Earthbound Gods. When Zone realized it was over, he went back in time and persuaded Rudger into causing the Zero Reverse. The Earthbound Gods were summoned because of the Zero Reverse. Therefore, Zone's future couldn't have happened, since the Zero Reverse never happened in his future.

I might be missing something.

I think it's one of those time loops (Grandfather's Paradox? I don't remember which one).

Basically, Z-One's future was caused by his own actions. Yusei stopped the Earthbound Immortals because Zero Reverse happened, because Z-One went back in time after Yusei defeated the Earthbound Immortals.

Though therefore in the original future zone wouldn't of gone back and caused the Zero Reverse therefore Yusei wouldn't be a hero

Actually, most of the time, those loops start in a more natural manner.

For example (since I'm pretty sure it's the Grandfather Paradox):

Dude is born.

Dude goes back in time and kills his grandfather, and bangs his grandmother, getting her pregnant with his father/mother.

Dude just became his own grandfather.

Note that, in that case, the loop was started by a regular grandfather, then became a loop later.

Thus, someone caused everything before Z-One interfered.

Since the Signers and Dark Signers do battle every 5,000 years, and since Rudger (partially) became a Dark Signer before Zero Reverse, I don't think Zero Reverse actively caused the revival of the Earthbound Gods. I think it was more a disaster caused by their revival.

Either way, it was specifically noted in Z-one's future that Yusei defeated the Dark Signers.

But no matter what, this time travel is vague at best, so that's at least a moderate plot hole.

• 2 weeks later...

So Yusei's a scientist, Jack and Crow are duelling legends, Rua is a pro, Ruka goes to high school and Aki is a doctor.

NOW I HAVE TO SET MY RETURN OF ARCADIA FANFIC 8 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF YUSEI AND JACK'S FINAL DUEL!

Thanks a lot 5d's writers.

Nobody said the bolded. We don't see Yusei's future.

For all we know, after he made his huge motorcycle jump at the end of the ending song and credits, he could have crashed on the ground and burned, or landed in the water and drowned.

Archived