5Ds Japanese/Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Junk Warrior finally got his revenge on RDA after 149 episodes

And if you take the first character from Yusei's name and replace it with "J" you get "Ju" which can be translated to "10". And if you remove "10" from "149" you get 139. And that is exactly 100 higher than 39, which is the number of Aspiring Emperor Hope, Yuma's ace monster.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

this is what was going through the monsters' heads when Junk Warrior was summoned:

[spoiler=because i can]

Junk Warrior: well well well, Red Dragon Archfiend, we meet again

Red Dragon Archfiend: Junk Warrior eh? another monster to put on my.... owait he's already on the list, oh i remember now i destroyed him in episode 5

Junk Warrior: are you done yet, because i want to kill you as revenge for killing me 149 episodes ago

Red Dragon Archfiend: you have 2300 ATK and i have 3000 ATK, the laws of yugimonz will always be in my favour

Junk Warrior: say that to my 3200 ATK boost that i got when i hit the field, now i'm gonna destroy you with my giant fist which is randomly gonna appear when i attack

Red Dragon Archfiend: ----oshi------- (WTF BOOM)

- Junk Warrior dances to FF victory music

THE END

*grabs Yusei and shacks him* KISS HER KISS HER!

Obviously, she went upstairs to make passionate love to Yusei

>_>

Great final episodes. Nothing like GX's stupid ending. It was perfect all round

Also, Junk Warrior is king

Do you realize Yusei is the only Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist to never officially lose a duel over the course of the series? Check that, Yusei didn't even get a draw over the course of the series.

His only "defeats":

-Pre-series: Against Jack. This is the ONLY time Yusei has ever been seen to lose, and I insist that as it's a backstory loss, it doesn't count for the purposes of this note.

-Against Kiryu: Duel got interrupted (since losing would kill him). But as his LP didn't hit 0, it's not "official".

-Against Jack during his "Wisel scares me" time, when he refused to use Synchros during that duel. Jack quit out of disgust. This doesn't count as a loss. It barely counts as a duel.

And in Zexal, Yuma's supposedly portrayed as a noob, so he's probably going to lose at least once.

On-screen? Or during the series itself? Or is it more of a "this guy lost 50 duels sometime before we meet him"? I'm referring to how Yugioh protagonists win 99% of their duels, except for those rare games they lose, where we see the duel.

-Yugi "lost" to Pegasus due to time. This doesn't count since he was going to win.

-He "lost" to Kaiba in their rematch. He forfeit when he was going to win. This COUNTS because his LP hit 0.

-His first official, no BS loss was to Rafael.

-He lost in the last episode.

Jaden lost to Zane/Ryo as early as episode 8.

He lost to Kaibaman

He lost to Aster/Edo.

He probably lost to Yugi.

Several duels were ended with no conclusion, but he was probably going to lose.

Yusei...his LP has a strange resilience to hitting 0.

I thought Synchros were introduced to reduce the characters' reliance on "anime luck". There would only be 1 Stardust Dragon in Yusei's deck, but a dozen ways to summon it since it is in the Extra deck, so that him bringing it out every other game could be consistant without stretching suspension of disbelief (contrary to, say, Yugi drawing Black Magician all the time).

But that concept completely went down the drain when people Yusei started making up cards on the spot to fit any given situation.

Someone how I never minded that Yusei didn't lose all that much, with Judai I did. Even though they probably got similar amounts of screentime. Probably because Yusei was better developed and you could see more or where he was coming from.

Lost 50 times? He's trying to beat Ryo's record of most loses by any main cast character that are known (not all aired). Alas that be off topic.

Jaden/Judai's deck was crammed full of unplayable, conditional crap. He evidently ran 1 of every Ehero, and all their disturbingly specific support like Spark Blaster and Bubble Illusion. And his tendency to get Bubbleman or Pot of Greed when his hand got low (Fifth Hope in later seasons) was annoying and predictable, and he'd always get the exact cards he needed for a comeback, no matter how specific some of the cards had to be. His deck should never, ever have been able to win more than a few games, tops. His personality was probably grating, too.

Yusei is the first protagonist who had a lot of decent, or even good, cards in his deck and his strategy wasn't quite as repetitive as "Play Polymerization, do whatever". Yusei was fun to watch, even if he never lost. Only the Team Unicorn duel made me furious that he won. Most recent episodes I was just disappointed that Jack didn't win.

Even Yugi's deck was playable considering the card pool the anime was using.

Archived