Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the chapter. before anyone asks, yes, i made union attack a quick play. that's because in the yugioh r manga where it first appears it is often activated during the opponent's turn.

[spoiler=Chapter Fourteen]

John vs. The King of Games; The Fiend Megacyber vs. The Dark Magician Deck

Yugi saw me and said, “You know, when we met I had a feeling that you’d go far today.”

“Thanks,” I said. “Now all I have to do is beat you and I’ll go home with the title.”

Yugi smiled, “You can try to beat me, but I’ll have you know, I’m strong.”

Yugi drew a card, “I play ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards.” He drew, and said, “Next I play ‘One Into One’,

154661o.jpg adding ‘Kuriboh’ to my deck to search for ‘Watapon’, add it to my hand, and draw one card.

“But because ‘Watapon’ was added to my hand by a Spell card effect, I can Special Summon him,” a white puff ball appeared, and disappeared, “to tribute for my ‘Dark Magician Girl’!” There was a flash of pink light, and a beautiful blond girl in a skimpy blue and pink dress and a blue witch’s hat attacked, wand in hand (ATK: 2000).

“I place two cards face-down, and I end my turn.”

This is pretty awesome, I thought. I’m fighting Yugi Moto’s legendary Magician Deck!

“I counter,” I said, “with my ‘Guide to the Different Dimension’!” A man in a black cloak appeared, but not on my field. He was summoned to Yugi’s side of the field (ATK: 1600).

“Now, because you have two more monsters than me, I can Special Summon ‘The Fiend Megacyber’.”

There was a burst of black and yellow static, and the yellow warrior appeared, fists charged with power (ATK: 2200).

“What’s stronger,” Yugi asked, “your warrior’s fist, or my sorceress’ magic?”

“Let’s find out,” I replied. “Megacyber Impact!”

‘Fiend Megacyber’ charged and punched, and ‘Dark Magician Girl’ slid back. A question-marked cylinder appeared, catching the energy from my monster’s fist. The first cylinder faded away, and a second cylinder appeared, launching that energy back at me (8000-2200=5800).

My monster jumped back to my side of the field, and the ‘Dark Magician Girl’ winked at me, challenging me to attack again.

“I’ll place a card of my own face-down,” I declared, “and play ‘Soul Absorption’. Now when a card is removed from play I gain five hundred Life Points.”

“I draw,” Yugi said.

“When you do,” I cut in, “my ‘D.D. Guide’ forces you to choose and remove from play one card in your Graveyard.”

Yugi took ‘Magic Cylinder’ from his Graveyard and placed it in the deck box at his waist, and my Life Points went up (5800+500=6300).

“Your ‘Guide’ benefits me as well,” said Yugi. “I tribute ‘D.D. Guide’ to summon ‘Berfamet’!”

A four-armed, horned demon appeared (DEF: 1800).

“When ‘Berfamet’ is Normal Summoned I can move ‘Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts’ in my deck to my hand.” He fanned out his deck and selected a card, shuffling and then replacing his deck. “This means I can play ‘Polymerization’ to fuse ‘Berfamet’ and ‘Gazelle’ into the two-headed beast, ‘Chimera, the Flying Mythical Beast’!”

A beast appeared and merged with ‘Berfamet’ to form a creature with ‘Gazelle’’s body, the heads of both monsters, white-feathered wings, and a serpent for a tail (ATK: 2100).

I smiled, Yugi’s monsters are both weaker than mine, but I can’t expect power to decide this. Yugi Moto is known for his complex and brilliant combos. He left both monsters in attack mode, which means he likely has a plan. Just because I’m curious, I’m gonna take the bait.

“I draw,” I declared, “and I attack ‘Dark Magician Girl’ with ‘The Fiend Megacyber’.”

My monster charged again, and Yugi revealed his remaining face-down card.

“Reveal face-down card ‘Union Attack’,”

154661hvs.jpg he declared, “combining the attack points of my two monsters and allowing them to counterattack.”

‘Dark Magician Girl’ raised her staff, and ‘Chimera’ raised his claws. They caught my monster’s fist and pushed him back. Then ‘Chimera’ slashed and ‘Dark Magician Girl’ brandished her staff. They released a powerful wave energy that flew toward my monster. The energy was a moment from destroying him when he flickered out, reappearing just as the energy hit the ground just past me, exploding harmlessly.

“I reveal,” I said, “my Trap card ‘Interdimensional Matter Transporter’, removing my monster from play temporarily (6300+500=6800).”

“I managed to force you to use your face-down card,” said Yugi.

“But I also managed to force you to use your face-down card,” I countered.

Yugi smiled, “But now its my turn, and I can tribute both of my monsters to summon my favorite monster.” His monsters disappeared, and a man carrying an emerald green staff, clad in purple leather and a purple leather hood and wizard’s hat appeared.

“Behold,” Yugi declared, “the ‘Dark Magician’ (ATK: 2500).

“My ‘Dark Magician’ has stood by me for years,” said Yugi, “and with him at my side I can turn the tables in this duel. ‘Dark Magician’, attack ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ with Black Magic!”

‘Dark Magician’ flung a shining green and black sphere from the tip of his staff, hitting my monster, blowing him away (6800+2200-2500=6500).

“You’re as good as I’ve heard,” I said, “but I’m not done.”

“Neither am I,” Yugi replied. “One face-down card. Turn end.”

“Alright,” I replied. “I draw, and I summon my ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’!” The blond in the silver jumpsuit appeared, her glowing sword raised in front of her (ATK: 1500). “Attack with Dimension Katana!”

My monster raised her sword over her head and lunged. Just before her attack hit, ‘Dark Magician’ retreated into a large black silk top hat. The hat became four hats. My monster's sword cut harmlessly through the hat closest to where the ‘Dark Magician’ had been. The hat disappeared.

“Let me guess,” I said, “you revealed your face-down ‘Magical Hats’.”

“You guessed right.” Yugi replied, his voice confident. “For my turn I’ll simply place a card under the hat containing my ‘Dark Magician’ and end my turn.”

Any Spell or Trap card hidden under a hat will activate as soon as I attack that hat. If this is a bluff then my next attack could clinch me the duel, but if its not, it could cost me the duel. And of course there’s still a two out of three chance that I’ll hit a hat that’s totally empty. If I hit an empty hat, or if I don’t attack at all, Yugi has more time to build up his hand for a counterattack. His strategy is perfect. Combos like this are what made him King of Games in the first place.

“You’re good,” I said.

“So are you,” Yugi replied.

“I think it’s time to see who’s stronger. I’ll face your ‘Hats’ with my ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’. Attack the middle hat!”

My monster lunged and slashed, and she suddenly found herself trapped in a hexagram, a glowing eye on her forehead. The hat, now shredded, fell away, revealing the ‘Dark Magician’ in all of his glory.

“You triggered my Trap,” Yugi explained, “the ‘Illusion of Circle’.

154661x.jpg It strips your monster of her special ability and five hundred of her Attack points (1500-500=1000).

“Now I counterattack, Black Magic!”

‘Dark Magician fired his attack, and ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ fell (6500+1000-2500=5000).

“Brilliant,” I said in a purposefully arrogant tone. “You forced me to waste my defensive cards, destroyed my most powerful monster, and then set up another defensive combo to paralyze any counterattack that I might make. That’s why you’re the King. But regardless of how badly I’m being beaten, I’ll never give up, and I will come out of this ahead.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

DarkMagicianSDY-NA-UR-UE.PNG

Next Chapter John vs. The King of Games; Divine vs. Divine!

i know its soon, but here it is; chapter fifteen! what does destiny have in store for john? read to find out!

[spoiler=Chapter Fifteen]

John vs. The King of Games; Divine vs. Divine!

“I end my turn with a face-down defense mode monster and a face-down card,” I declared.

“I draw,” said Yugi, “and I place one card face-down and activate ‘Card of Sanctity’. We both draw until we hold six cards.”

Yugi and I refilled our hands. “With my new hand, this is a whole new game.

“I attack with the ‘Dark Magician’, Black Magic!”

‘Dark Magician’ fired his attack, and there was an explosion that threw up a cloud of smoke, covering my side of the field. I couldn’t help but smile. Suddenly a beam shot from within the cloud of smoke, hitting and destroying the ‘Dark Magician’. The smoke cleared, revealing a robotic jar. “You attacked my ‘Cyber Jar’,” I said, as my monster exploded. “When he’s flipped face-up every monster on the field is destroyed and we both pick up five cards. We Special Summon any level four monsters among those cards, and then add the remaining cards to our hands.”

We picked up our cards.

“I summon ‘Gemini Elf’ in attack mode and ‘Y – Dragon Head’ in defense mode.” Beautiful twin elves appeared (ATK: 1900) alongside the red robotic dragon (DEF: 1600).

“I summon,” said Yugi, “the ‘Skilled Dark Magician’.” A sorcerer in black robes appeared, staff in hand (ATK: 1900), “and I destroy your ‘Dragon Head’.” His monster flung dark energy at my monster, destroying it.

“Also,each time a Spell card is activated,” Yugi explained, “the ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ accumulates a Spell Counter. So I’ll activate two Spell cards now, ‘De-Spell’ and ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your ‘Soul Absorption’ and your face-down card and giving my monster two Spell Counters.” Two jewels on the sorcerer’s robes lit up.

“I end my turn, and since I’m holding eight cards, I have to discard two cards.” He fed two cards into his Graveyard. I tried to tell what they were, but I couldn’t. The faces were colored similar to a typical spell card, except more teal, and their text boxes were blank. They were different from any Duel Monsters card I’d ever seen.

I drew, and Yugi declared, “Reveal ‘Miracle Restoring’. I remove two Spell Counters from my ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ to summon my ‘Dark Magician’ back to the field from the Graveyard.” The two jewels on his sorcerer’s robes went dark, and there was a flash of green light from which the ‘Dark Magician’ emerged (ATK: 2500).

I don’t know what those cards were that he discarded, I thought, but I get the feeling that there’s more to them than meets the eye. I want to know what they are and what purpose they serve. The only way to get Yugi to show me their power is to show him the power that lurks within my deck. And I know just how to do it.

“I play ‘Graceful Charity’,” I said, “drawing three cards and discarding two.” I drew three cards, and tossed ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’ and ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’. As I thought, Yugi recognized them instantly. His expression changed. He knew that I wasn’t playing around anymore.

“Next,” I said, “I tribute my ‘Gemini Elf’ to summon the demon lord, ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

A flare of dark light burst up from the ground and engulfed the elves. Out of that light emerged the massive brown skeletal demon. The jewels on his forehead and shoulders glowed brightly.

“My ultimate demon is summoned with twice the Attack power of the tributed monster (ATK: 3800).

“I also activate the Spell card ‘Double Attack’,” I declared. “I discard a monster with a higher level than ‘Great Maju Garzett’ to allow him to attack twice this turn.”

I placed the third God, ‘The Winged Dragon of Ra’ into the Graveyard. Again I could tell that Yugi recognized the card.

This duel is coming to an impasse, I thought. Whatever those teal-ish cards were, they’re about to be Yugi’s only shot at winning this duel. I just hope that my power is greater than theirs.

“’Great Maju Garzett’, attack ‘Skilled Dark Magician’.”

‘Great Maju’ swung his claws, and ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ was shredded. Waves of energy flew from my monster’s claws and hit Yugi in the face and chest (8000+1900-3800=6100).

“Now,” I commanded, “I attack the ‘Dark Magician’ with Vile Energy!”

‘Great Maju Garzett’ discharged a wave of black energy. ‘Dark Magician’ fired his Black Magic attack, but it was quickly overcome, and ‘Dark Magician’ was blown away (6100+2500-3800=4800).

Yugi’s expression changed. He sighed, “I was hoping not to have to use this card, but I guess I don’t have a choice. First I revive my ‘Dark Magician’ with the power of ‘Monster Reborn’.” A glowing red ankh appeared, flashing and fading away, giving way to the ‘Dark Magician’.

“Next,” said Yugi, “I play ‘The Eye of Timaeus’!”

154661.jpg He placed a third teal card on the duel disk on top of the ‘Dark Magician’. A massive teal-skinned dragon appeared. He had a scar over his right eye.

I smiled wide, Its about time. Now show me what these things can do.

“’The Eye of Timaeus’ is a Legendary Dragon card capable of combining with any monster to create a new being with enormous power.”

‘Dark Magician’ moved to stand on the dragon’s back, and rows of ancient symbols appeared all over the dragon’s body.

“By merging ‘Dark Magician’ and ‘The Eye of Timaeus’ I create the mighty ‘Amulet Dragon’!”

154661v.jpg

‘Timaeus’ roared, and ‘Dark Magician’ twirled his staff, smiling arrogantly. “’Amulet Dragon’,” Yugi explained, “gains three hundred Attack power for every Spell card in my Graveyard. There are five, so the power of my ‘Dragon’ increases by fifteen hundred (2900+1500=4400)!”

This is bad, I thought. My demon is a sitting duck.

“’Amulet Dragon’ attack!” The dragon breathed light and the ‘Dark Magician’ released a Black Magic attack from his staff. The energies combined and blew my demon apart (5000+3800-4400=4400).

“I’ll also summon,” said Yugi, “my ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ in attack mode (ATK: 1400). He can only be destroyed by monsters with less that nineteen hundred Attack.”

An elf warrior in green padded armor appeared, carrying a longsword.

“Finally,” said Yugi, “I place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

I don’t know what Yugi’s planning, I thought, but I know Yugi saw the three Gods. That means that he knows what I’m planning and he’s preparing to fight back. I have to hit him now with everything I’ve got!

My Soul of Chaos flashed as I drew my card. I added the card to my hand without looking, knowing that it was just the card I needed. I chose another card from my hand and played it. “I activate ‘Dark Core’, discarding a card to remove your dragon from play.” A black orb appeared above his monster, pulling it in.

“Now,” I said, “I play ‘Soul Release’, removing three of the cards in my Graveyard from play.” I selected my cards, and I could tell from Yugi’s expression that he knew exactly what they would be.

“I combo ‘Soul Release’ with ‘Dimension Fusion’, playing two thousand Life Points (4400-2000=2400) to summon the three monsters that I just removed from play.”

For the first time during this duel I saw a bead of sweat form on my opponent’s forehead. His expression changed to one of great concentration. The crowd grew silent as behind me a yellow, a red, and a blue pillar of light burst up from the ground. From the pillars emerged the three Gods of Egypt, the sun God ‘The Winged Dragon of Ra’, the massive red serpentine dragon ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’, and the pillar of the Gods ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’.

154661l.jpg

154661dke.jpg

154661h.jpg

“You’re not the only one with a divine power at his command,” said Yugi. “I reveal ‘Legend of Heart’,

154661i.jpg

tributing the Warrior-type ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ and removing ‘The Eye of Timaeus’, ‘The Claw of Hermos’, and ‘The Fang of Critias’ in my Graveyard from play to summon three monsters with powers to rival even the Gods.”

154661l.jpg

154661fnt.jpg

‘Timaeus’ returned to the field alongside a red dragon with a square jaw and spikes down its back and a vicious-looking black dragon with spines down its back. The three dragons flew up into the clouds, and from the clouds emerged three knights. One was shorter than the others with armor the same color as ‘Timaeus’ and a scar over the same eye. The other two wore black and red armor respectively.

“Introducing,” Yugi announced, “the ‘Legendary Knight Timaeus’,” the teal knight nodded, “the ‘Legendary Knight Critias’,” the black knight nodded, “and the ‘Legendary Knight Hermos’,” the red knight nodded (ATK: 2800 (each)).

154661uma.jpg

154661wfz.jpg

154661.jpg

“Attack me,” said Yugi, his face radiating confidence, “if you dare.”

“Alright,” I said, smiling confidently. I heard a roar of flames as the ‘Winged Dragon of Ra’ took on his ultimate form, the God Phoenix. He settled onto ‘Obelisk’’s right arm, as ‘Osiris’ settled onto ‘Obelisk’’s other arm, wrapping his tail around ‘Obelisk’’s torso and waste. The two dragons became pure energy and ‘Obelisk’’s power rose (ATK: Infinite).

“Attack now,” I commanded, pointing strait at ‘Timaeus’, “with Titan Firestorm!”

‘Obelisk’ punched with both fists, releasing all of his, all of ‘Osiris’’, and all of ‘Ra’’s energy all at once. The yellow energy of ‘Ra’ and the red energy of ‘Osiris’ swirled together, forming a spinning fire stream that flew strait at ‘Timaeus’. He smiled, and I noticed that it was the same smile that was playing across my opponent’s face at that very moment.

“Attack,” said Yugi, “the Trap card ‘Shift’, redirecting your attack toward ‘Hermos’ instead.” Yugi’s monsters slid out of the way, and the massive attack flew past Yugi and his monsters. Yugi and the three knights turned toward my attack just as it curved back around and flew strait toward the red knight. “Now,” said Yugi, “I remove three monsters in my deck from play and merge my monsters to form ‘Knight of Destiny’, intercepting your attack!”

Yugi took ‘Alpha’, ‘Beta’, and ‘Gamma’, the Magnet Warriors from his deck and removed them from play, and the three knights glowed and merged into a knight in golden armor with a mighty golden sword in hand (ATK: 2800 -> Infinite). The Titan Firestorm closed in on its target, and everything seemed to slow down. ‘Knight of Destiny’ looked over at Yugi. He turned to face the knight, and his expression changed to one of shock, and then to one of understanding. He nodded, and the ‘Knight of Destiny’ lowered himself to one knee and laid his sword on the ground (ATK: Infinite -> 2800). He was overcome by my monster’s attack, and Yugi’s Life Points fell to zero.

My eyes went wide as my monster disappeared, and I suddenly realized what had just happened. My monsters disappeared, and I said, “I-I’m the King of Games!”

154661s.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. Sacrifice 2 monsters to destroy every monster your opponent controls. Sacrifice 2 DIVINE Monsters to make the ATK of this card infinite until the End Phase.

Next Chapter (Final Chapter in Book Five) The Looming Threat; A King’s Advice

...are you aware that setem is a level four...

yeah, i realized that after i sent the deck list. i figured i'd already sent you enough pm's about the deck though, and that you'd figure it out.

and here's the conclusion of book five...

[spoiler=Chapter Sixteen]

The Looming Threat; A King’s Advice

The duel stage lowered to the ground and I stepped off of my end in a stupor. Tucker ran out of the competitors’ box and almost ran me over. He clapped me on the shoulder, “You did it! You won!”

The others followed, spouting congratulations. I didn’t really them. I was completely out of it. I felt my mind separate from Hiro’s.

We won, I told him.

Yes, we did.

I couldn’t have done it without you, I said.

I don’t know, Hiro replied. You’ve handled a lot of tough duels on your own, and you still doubt yourself. You should really work on that.

I looked around at my friends. I looked over my shoulder and saw that even Max and Lawrence were there. Lawrence seemed indifferent, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes, but Max was actually smiling. It was quite an improvement.

“I really didn’t think you could do it!” said Tucker, punching my shoulder playfully.

And then I remembered. I spun around to face my most recent opponent. He was standing beside the duel stage, waiting for me. “It should have been a tie,” I said under my breath. Then to my friends I said, “You guys go and wait for me back at the box. I have one thing left to take care of.”

Tucker didn’t get it, but the others did. They knew that I wanted to talk to Yugi. So Karen led the others away, and I walked over to face the former King.

“It should have been a tie,” I said.

Yugi looked up at me, his face unreadable.

“And I’m pretty sure that you would have beaten me in your next turn.”

“Yeah,” he said.

“Then what happened?” I asked.

He ignored me. Instead he asked, “What’s that crystal around your neck?”

I smiled. He was smarter than I’d thought. “It’s called a Duelists Soul,” I told him. “If you can believe it, it lets me control darkness in order to fight evil.”

“I believe it,” said Yugi. “I used to possess a powerful Egyptian artifact called the Millennium Puzzle. It had some pretty impressive powers of its own.”

“I remember Pegasus mentioning something about the Millennium Items when he told us about the Souls. I didn’t know what he was talking about at the time.”

Yugi laughed, “Maxamillion Pegasus’ knowledge of magical history never ceases to amaze me.”

“So you used to fight evil forces and crap too?” I asked.

“In a way,” Yugi replied. “I used to fight to help a friend recover his memory and find his way home. The saving the world was kinda a side effect.”

“What happened to your friend?”

“He found his memories and went home.”

“That’s good,” I said. “But you know, you still didn’t answer my first question. What happened during our duel today? If I won because of some accident, then I want a rematch.”

“You didn’t win because of an accident. You won because my Knights wanted you to. The cards I used, the ones with no text. They’re called Legendary Dragon cards. They appeared once a couple years ago to fight an evil force that only their power could stop. In fact, they only appear when the world needs them, and when their purpose is served, they disappear. The Legendary Dragons can only be passed to a new bearer after the current bearer is defeated in a duel. Fate used this tournament to pass possession of the Dragons to you,” he handed me the three cards as well as ‘Legend of Heart’, “because only you can defeat whatever it is that’s coming.”

I took the cards, “What can I do with these? I don’t even know how they work.”

“You will when the time comes.”

“So, aren’t you mad that I beat you?” I asked.

“Never,” said Yugi, smiling wide. “That was an amazing duel, and it was a lot of fun. I really thought you had me a couple of times, even before you summoned the Gods. I don’t play games to win, I play them to have fun and to fight challenging opponents. You deserve the title of King, at least until I get a chance to take it back from you.”

I couldn’t help but smile at that. But I also couldn't help feeling that it wasn't right.

“No,” I said. “You're the King. And you will be until I fight you again and beat you with my own power.”

Now it was Yugi's turn to smile.

Then Yugi’s face turned serious. “You’re the reason why that Exodus guy disappeared, aren’t you?”

“No,” I said, “he chose his own fate when he threatened peoples’ lives. I was only the instrument of that fate. And if you don’t mind, can we leave it at that?”

Yugi nodded and turned toward the competitors’ box. “Well good luck, and remember to let your faith continue to guide you along the right path.”

He walked away, leaving me there, lost in my own thoughts.

After a few minutes I headed back toward the competitors’ box, only to be stopped by the tournament announcer.

“Its time to accept your prize,” he said. He led me back to the center of the stadium, and the two of us stepped back up onto the duel stage. The holographic screens appeared again, showing only face.

“Introducing,” said the announcer, “the new World Duel Monsters Champion, John, leader of the Duel Force!”

The crowd cheered wildly. It was several minutes before the cheering died down enough for the announcer to continue. He turned to me and said, “Now, on behalf of Kaiba Corporation, I hereby present you with the prize of two hundred thousand dollars!”

The cheering flared up again. I couldn’t help but smile as I took the check from the man’s hand.

Two hundred thousand dollars, I thought. That’s a lot of money. I guess I know how I’m going to fund my career. But first I have to deal with whatever threat is coming.

I couldn’t help but feel that I’d known about this threat already. That’s when I remembered something from a year or so ago when I was within my own mind, right after my duel with the Millennium Keeper.

I haven’t thought about it since then. That darkness that I felt in the shadows of my own mind. Could it be the threat that I’m supposed to face? If it is, we could be in trouble. I sensed more power in that darkness than I’ve ever felt before.

I pocketed my check and put my hands in my pockets. I looked up into the darkening evening sky. Even if I’m right and that darkness is the looming threat, it won’t stand a chance, because I have the entire Duel Force behind me, and that gives me the greatest power of all. No darkness can compete with that.

I rejoined my friends, and we made our way back to the resort, and then back home, with the help of course of Kaiba Corp. Airlines. And I have to admit, it was one of the happiest times of my life, despite what I knew was looming on the horizon.

Next A short break, followed by Special #2: The Looming Threat, and then Book Six: The Great Duel Force Tournament, the last book in the Duel Force series.

here's a special treat for my readers; a preview of a possible manga version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Force. the image isn't my best, but its still pretty good. i was stupid enough to draw it on lined paper and i'm working on editing the lines out, but i wanted to post what i have:

[spoiler=Image]

n3stb8.jpg

yeah, i can usually do better, and i'm working on editing this one, but i haven't had time. i want to begin posting a manga version of duel force a page or two at a time to give the characters faces and help hone my skills. what does everyone think of that idea?

PS. expect the first chapter of the next special within the next twenty four hours sometime. its a little different from my other chapters, but its something that you all had to know was coming...

here is the new chapter at last. it's short, but that's because i wanted to wait to introduce any action, building suspense.

don't laugh at me. this is major character development. to be honest, i think i'm better at writing card games that i am at writing character development.

here it is; Special #2 Chapter One: Life Just Really Sucks Sometimes

[spoiler=Chapter One]

Life Just Really Sucks Sometimes

It was finally happening. Finally I’d worked up the courage to make the biggest move of my life to date. I was nervous, so much so that I was beginning to sweat. I was more afraid today then I’d ever been before. I swallowed and sighed a deep sigh, then I turned to the figure sitting in the bus seat next to me. Karen looked back at me and smiled. “What are you thinkin’ about?” she asked.

“Well,” I said, “that one movie’s coming out tomorrow.”

“The one with the-.”

“Yeah,” I choked out, “that one. And well, I was wondering if you wanted to go? You know, with me?”

Her face lit up, “Yeah, definitely.”

I sighed, “Okay, well I’ll pick you up at six thirty and we’ll, like, get somethin’ to eat somewhere first or something.”

“Sounds good.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

The bus ground to a halt, “This is my stop,” said Karen. She got up and walked off of the bus, and started down the street. I watched her play with her long brown hair as she walked, and I smiled again.

Tucker jumped into the seat to my right, his spiky red hair cut short for the first time since I’d known him (he already hated it), and my cousin Jen jumped into the seat to my left. She’d recently returned her hair to its original brown, with only a few streaks of purple in the bangs as highlights.

“So,” said Tucker, a mischievous glint in his eye, “you finally asked her out.”

It was the next day, a Friday. I was supposed to meet Karen at six thirty. It was five fifty five. I was standing in my room in a pair of boxers staring into my closet, trying to find something to wear. I’d already given up trying to tame my unruly brown hair. It simply refused to do anything that I wanted it to do. Now I was fruitlessly searching my wardrobe for a single scrap of decent clothing. There was nothing. Just the same old rag t shirts and faded jeans.

Dammit “I really need to upgrade my wardrobe.”

Just wear what you always wear, said Hiro, who was laying on my bed in his spirit form, tapping his foot and staring at the ceiling. She likes you right? So why should it matter what you wear?

I scoffed, “I’m not really liking your attitude today, buddy,” I said, taking another look at the contents of my closet, “but I hate to admit, it looks like you’re right on this one.”

I grabbed a black shirt with only one hole in one of the sleeves, and the least faded pair of jeans that I had, threw them on, grabbed my wallet and my cell phone, and headed for the door.

I reached Karen’s doorstep at exactly six twenty nine and forty-four seconds. I’d taken my new car. New to me anyway. Don’t get me wrong, it was a nice car, an old white La Baron. I don’t have it anymore. For some reason I can’t remember why I got rid of it.

Oh well.

I rang the doorbell. The door opened, but it wasn’t Karen. It was Kimi. This was Kimi’s house after all. Karen had been staying with Kimi and her family since we’d freed her from Marik’s influence. She and Kimi had become like sisters these days.

Kimi was wearing a pink t and powder blue pajama pants, and her shoulder length jet black hair was pulled up into a ponytail. The TV was on in her family room. Her parents were out of town as they often were, and since Karen was going to be out, Kimi was probably looking forward to having the house to herself for the evening. She muttered something in Japanese as she scrutinized my choice of outfits, a disgusted look on her face. Then she shot me an annoyed look and said, “Karen will be down in a minute. You can wait here.

She left the door open and walked back in, climbing onto the couch in her family room. The stairs were strait in from the front door. I put my hands in my pockets and leaned against the door frame. That’s when a figure appeared at the top of the stairs. Karen had always been the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen, and she didn’t even try. Today she’d tried, and not even a lot, and she took my breath away. She was wearing a dark pink spaghetti string tank top under a thin denim jacket, with a short denim skirt and a pink and blue handbag. She’d even put on a little makeup, something that I’d never seen her do. I was stunned. She did a little twirl before asking, “How do I look?”

I frowned a little, “Better than me.”

“You look fine. Now are going out for dinner and a movie or not?” She grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door, shutting it behind us.

We had pizza for dinner. And before you say anything about me being cheap, pizza was her idea. I ordered a medium with her favorite toppings.

“I can’t believe you remember what I eat on pizza,” Karen said. “I told you once a year or so ago.”

“Yeah,” I said, “well, I remember a lot of what you say.”

She smiled.

We talked for awhile during dinner, about life, about Duel Monsters, about whatever. It was one of the best conversations that I ever remember having. Then hopped back into my car and drove to the theater adjacent to the mall and saw a movie. I let Karen pick. She picked a horror movie! How many girls actually like horror movies? It was awesome. Not the movie, it sucked. The experience of seeing it was fun, because of the company.

After the movie we walked over to the mall and walked around for awhile in the parts of the mall that were still open, talking some more. Then finally the mall closed and we had to go. I drove Karen home, walked around to her side of the card, opened her door, and walked her to the doorstep.

“See,” she said, “that wasn’t so bad.”

“Yeah, I guess we really should have done that awhile ago.”

I’d had the perfect night. At the end of the perfect night is supposed to come the perfect kiss, something that I’d been looking forward to in all honesty. But here I was, at the end of the perfect night seconds away from that kiss, and I blacked out.

I guess life just really sucks sometimes.

154661o.jpg

Next Chapter The Darkness of the Mind

here's chapter two. something exciting actually happens this time around...

[spoiler=Chapter Two]

The Darkness of the Mind

I found myself floating in a dark abyss. Above me was a seemingly solid plane of pure white. I felt the same sense of detachment that I had back then, when I was pulled from my own body and deep into my own mind to fight the Millennium Keeper. At first I thought that this was his doing again, so I reached out with my Soul, trying to locate him in the darkness, but he wasn’t there. Just to be sure I called out, “Keeper? I know you’re here. Where are you?”

I waited. There was no answer. So I looked up at the white plane above me and concentrated. I suddenly found myself standing on that plane.

Just like the last time that this happened, I thought, I can’t connect to Hiro. That means I can’t summon up the Soul of Chaos or any of the Duelist’s powers. Someone brought me here. I have to find them and figure out what they want. And I have to do it alone.

I put my hands in my pockets, and I started walking.

Karen

John and I had finally done something to further our relationship, and here he’d gone and passed out again. I sat him up against the front door and sighed, I thought that Keeper guy was done with John. Why would he knock him out again?

Then I had a really scary thought. What if this time it had nothing to do with magic? What if this time it was some real illness? I pulled my cell phone from my pocket and I dialed 9-1-1.

The ambulance arrived ten minutes later, giving me time to get Kimi from the house. She agreed to call the others and have them meet us at the hospital. Meanwhile, I rode along in the ambulance. They didn’t want me to at first, but then I summoned power from my Soul and used it to plant the idea in their heads that my riding along was a good idea. I don’t like using my powers like that, but this time around I felt I didn’t have a choice. I wanted to be with John in case the Order chose this moment to attack. After all, the last time John was incapacitated the Order sent a group of Player Killers to kill up. Even with Marik out of the picture, the Order was strong. They could even be behind John’s collapse, using it to weaken the team as a whole.

They got John to the ER and took him back. Like before I was asked to wait in the waiting room.

So I waited. It wasn’t long before John’s sister Sarah arrived, followed soon after by Max, then Tucker, Lawrence and Monty, then Rocky, then Kimi, and finally Jen, her sister Kristin, and their cousin, John’s youngest cousin Amanda. Max was wearing his old oversized hoody again. The one that shaded his blond hair and his face, even his bright blue eyes, and made him look like some kind of Grim Reaper. Rocky was wearing that ugly survival vest that he wears everywhere, and Monty was wearing his trademark white vest, His spiky brown hair was messier than usual. I guess he’d been sleeping when Kimi called. They all had their cards and their Duel Disks, and Kimi had thought to bring my deck and Duel Disk with her. She handed them to me as soon as she arrived.

“Anything yet?” she asked, taking her out of its makeshift ponytail and letting it fall onto the shoulders of the dark pink jacket that she’d thrown on over her pajamas.

“No, nothing medical or magical.”

“What now?” Kimi asked.

“We wait,” I answered. “If there’s something medical to explain this then…I don’t know. But if not, then this is the same as last time; someone pulled John to a place deep inside his own mind. We just have to wait it out until he gets back.”

Kimi nodded while all around us the others settled into seats, waiting for news of some kind.

It wasn’t long before the doctor stepped out into the waiting room and approached us. It was the same doctor that John had gotten last time. He looked like he was dreading something. I stood up along with Sarah and Tucker. The doctor took a long hard look at Tucker as he said, “You know, I had a feeling that you would all be here again. Look, your friend might have something seriously wrong with him. This is the second time that he’s come into the ER with these unexplainable symptoms.” He shot another look at Tucker, who shrugged his shoulders, “What?”

The doctor wrapped up, “That’s really all I can tell you. We don’t know anything else. I would say that you can’t come back right now, but I don’t think I can stop you.” He turned and walked away, shaking his head.

I sat back down and leaned in. Everyone leaned in close. The room was practically empty except for us, but we were still worried about being overheard.

“Okay,” I said, “it looks like this is magical, so all we can do is wait it out and be prepared, just in case whoever’s in charge of the Order now decides to follow in his predecessor’s footsteps. I’m gonna go back and wait with John.” I turned to Monty, “Get the team organized into two groups and get one group in the waiting room in the front of the hospital. If an attack does come, we have to be ready.”

I stood up. Sarah and Tucker did too. “I’m coming with you to see John,” said Tucker.

“Me too,” said Sarah.

I nodded, “Okay, come on.”

John

I walked for awhile. I’m not sure how long. Not that it matters. Time here is erratic and usually isn’t the same as it is in the outside world. Anyway, I walked, and finally I saw something. A stationary figure in the distance. I walked toward it. It wasn’t long before I started to get a strange impression that I recognized the figure. I wasn’t getting good vibes from it, and the Soul of Darkness seemed to think that nothing was there. So I concentrated and summoned the curved blade-like Dark Disk. I had to be ready.

As I grew closer it became clear that I did recognize the figure. In fact, I saw it every day. My adversary was wearing faded blue jeans and a black t shirt with a small hole in the sleeve. He wore a spherical purple crystal around his neck, and his brown hair was a complete mess.

Hiro might look a lot like me, but there are distinct differences. This figure was me. Except for the dark patches under his eyes and his wicked scheming expression, he was my exact double. Height, weight, build, everything. Exactly the same.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m you,” my doppelganger answered, his voice like mine but with a deeper undertone, “or rather I’m your dark side.”

“What do you want?” I demanded. “Why did you bring me here?”

He smiled a wicked smile, “Don’t you know?”

I frowned, “I think I do. You’ve been getting stronger for awhile now. I could feel it. Let me guess, you want to take over. You want to take control of my body. Is that about right?”

“First of all it’s my body,” my darkness replied, his face filling momentarily with rage. “And that’s exactly right. I’ve been getting stronger, feeding off of the dark aspects of our personality. Now I’m finally strong enough to beat you at your own game.”

He brandished his left arm and his own Dark Disk appeared, deck and all.

“Here we manifest our cards using our own strength, just like you did when you battled the Millennium Keeper. Interesting duel by the way.”

He was watching back then?

“The cards we use here aren’t real, so nothing that harbors a real live monster, like the Gods,” Darkness continued. “And even though the cards we manifest will reflect our personal styles, they’ll also represent how strong our spirits have become. I’ve finally become strong enough to manifest a deck that can’t lose. I’m going to duel you, and when I win, I won’t just destroy you, I’ll prove I’m better than by beating you at the game that you’re best at!”

I concentrated and a deck appeared in the deck loader of my Dark Disk. I smiled, “We’ll see about that.”

Darkness poured in all around us, surrounding us like a thick black fog. My Life Points set at eight thousand.

“This will be a simple Shadow Game,” said Darkness. “The attacks will cause the target more and more physical harm the lower their Life Points become, and when a player’s Life Points reach zero, or they lose by another condition, their spirit will be very painfully destroyed by the darkness that you see all around us.” He gestured grandiosely with his hands, and he drew six cards. “If you don’t mind, I’ll make the first move.”

“By all means.”

“In that case,” Darkness said, “I summon one of my strongest cards, the ferocious ‘Plague Wolf’.”

A savage wolf covered in wounds and diseased flesh appeared, uttering a wet-sounding snarl (ATK: 1000).

I wonder why he’d risk summoning a monster like ‘Plague wolf’ in his first turn, I thought. Its effect is offensive, not defensive.

“I also place the rest of the cards in my hand face-down, and I end my turn.”

Maybe that was the only monster he drew. If so, then most of those face-downs are bluffs. I have to risk attacking. I have no idea how strong this opponent is. I can’t pass up an opportunity to get an early lead.

I summon ‘Armor Exe’ in attack mode, equipped with ‘Ability Stasis’.”

71648a.jpg

A savage-looking warrior in orange and black spike-studded armor, with a demonic-looking facemask and claws, and a green cape appeared. Two spell rings appeared; one above him and one below him. They both slid to his waste and then sunk into his body. He was surrounded by an orange and yellow aura (ATK: 2400)

“’Armor Exe’, attack his wolf with Exe Razor!”

The armored monster ran forward and slashed with his claws in an “X” pattern, cutting the wolf to ribbons (8000+1000-2400=6600). Darkness only smiled.

“I set a card,” I said, “and I end my turn.”

“At your End Phase,” said Darkness, “I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’, summoning my ‘Wolf’ back from the Graveyard.”

His ‘Wolf’ returned to the field with a sickening wet howl.

“This lets me activate ‘Inferno Reckless Summon’ and special summon two more ‘Plague Wolves’ from my deck!”

Two more of the decaying beasts joined the first, each of them howling as well (ATK: 1000 (each)).

“Next,” said Darkness, “I activate the effects of two of my ‘Plague Wolves’, doubling their attack until the end phase, at which time they’ll be destroyed.” Two of his monsters howled again, and their eyes began to glow. The power rose (ATK: 2000 (each)). “And finally I equip one of my pumped up ‘Wolves’ with ‘Black Pendant’, increasing his Attack further.”

A necklace with a black crystal in it appeared around one ‘Wolf’’s neck (ATK: 2500).

I glanced down at my face-down card, and smiled, Bring it on.

But I had Darkness’ strategy all wrong. I thought he was trying to swarm me and deal massive damage with successive attacks, but he had something much worse in mind. “I’m ready to clinch this duel,” He said. “I activate my three face-down cards; ‘Crush Card’, ‘Deck Devastation Virus’, and ‘Eradicator Epidemic Virus’, destroying every monster and every Spell card in your deck!”

He laughed a sinister laugh. I was shocked, What? Every one?

The three ‘Plague Wolves’ disappeared, and three distinct dark clouds poured over my field. I watched in horror as my monster and all but ten cards from my deck turned to smoke and poured into my Graveyard. ‘Black Pendant’ was destroyed, and I took five hundred damage from its effect (8000-500=7500).

“Now,” Darkness continued, “I set two cards, and I summon my ‘Giant Germ’ in attack mode.” A huge oversized germ appeared, floating in the air (ATK: 1000). It flew strait at me, meaning to ram into me.

“Reveal Trap card,” I said, “’Mirror Force’, destroying your monster.” A barrier came up ahead of me and repelled his ‘Germ’, destroying it.

I don’t have Spells or Monsters left in my deck, but I do have Traps, and in this deck I’ve included a combo. A combo so powerful that I’d never use it in a real duel. As long as I manage to draw the right cards, I won’t lose.

Karen

Tucker, Sarah and I made our way back to John’s room. It took a few minutes, but we found it eventually. We stepped inside, and I could immediately feel that John’s spirit was fighting a dangerous battle. The others didn’t seem to feel it, so I kept my mouth shut. I didn’t want them to worry. After all, John could take care of himself.

“Whatever’s going on,” said Sarah, “I want you to hang in their big brother. We’re gonna look out for you.”

“Yeah,” said Tucker. “So hang in there bro.”

“You two go,” I said. “Get back out there in case the others need you.”

Tucker nodded, and the two of them left. I walked over and pulled a chair from against the wall over next to John’s bed and sat down. John was hooked up to a heart monitor. The rhythmic beep-beeping helped me to calm down and to relax. I leaned forward and placed my hand on his, and my Soul flashed. I was shocked as I felt my Soul leave my body.

400px-PlagueWolfSDZW-EN-C-1E.jpg

Next Chapter The Duel Force on the Attack

Archived