Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chapter two is up (already)!

[spoiler=Chapter Two]

Soul Breaker; Blackheart Emerges Part One

Blackheart

“You know,” I said, “it’s my turn, so you don’t really have the right to threaten me anyway. You, blondie, since you seem so eager to duel, I’ll kill you first. I begin with a Spell card, ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two cards.” I thumbed the top two cards from my deck and summoned the Soul’s powers, “Destiny Draw!”

There was a flash, and I drew my cards, ‘Card of Sanctity’ and my host’s most powerful card. But even with the Soul of Darkness’ power, could I control him? I smiled an evil toothy grin, I guess now’s as good a time as any to find out

“I trap your pitiful goblin monsters in eternal darkness,” I said, still addressing the blond one. “Activate ‘Darkness Approaches’.” I discarded my host’s two favorite cards, and a cloud of crackling darkness formed around my opponent’s ‘Goblin Attack Force’.

“Now to finish this,” I said, “I activate ‘Soul Release’, removing ‘Sangan’, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’, and ‘Great Maju Garzett’ in my Graveyard from play. And I combine it with ‘Dimension Fusion’.

“I pay 2000 Life Points,” I went on, “letting me open up the dimensions.” A rift appeared above my head, and three monsters emerged, the three-eyed fur ball ‘Sangan’ (ATK: 1000), the yellow-armored warrior ‘Fiend Megacyber’ (ATK: 2200), and the brown skeletal demon ‘Great Maju Garzett’. The red crystals in his shoulders and forehead were dark (ATK: 0).

I smiled again, “Now I use these three monsters as a sacrifice to awaken the God living within this deck. Arise, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’!” A cloud formed over our heads as my three monsters disappeared, and a red bolt of lightning struck the ground far behind me. The lightning took the form of a massive serpentine dragon with black spikes and wide spanning wings, his head as large as a two story house. He had two mouths, one atop the other. He opened his lower mouth and roared, causing lightning to strike in the turbulent sky overhead.

154661sa7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this monster is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster in Attack Position, reduce its ATK by 2000 to a minimum of 0. When your opponent Summons a monster in Defense Position, reduce its DEF by 2000. If its DEF is reduced to 0 by this effect, that monster is destroyed.

I can control it, but only barely. If I want to gain control of the others as well, I will need more power first.

“’Osiris’,” I explained, “has Attack strength equal to 1000 times the number of cards in my hand, so I’ll activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting me draw until I hold six cards. And don’t get any ideas. My monster is immune to your ‘Skill Drain’.” My monster’s Attack rose (ATK: 6000).

“’Osiris’ kills you now,” I declared, liking my lips in anticipation. “’Osiris’, Thunder Force!”

‘Osiris’ opened his lower mouth and breathed thunder down on the blond one’s ‘Goblin’, killing them and him with one blow.

I watched happily as the blond one was devoured by the Shadows. The other two tried to run, but I used my stolen Shadow Magic to lock their legs in place, relishing in the terror that they felt.

“We have no choice,” said the tall one to the fat one. “We have to keep fighting. Hurry, take your turn!”

Even as the tall one spoke I felt the terror in the heart of the fat one grow, his will to fight fading faster than his increased rate of breathing. “Fine,” the tall one said, “I’ll beat him myself.” He was acting brave, but I could sense his fear as well. It was beautiful. He drew, and his façade of bravery disappeared. He had no moves, or at least none that would put a dent in the God, ‘Osiris’. “Oh sheet,” he said. “I’m going to die!”

“That’s right,” I said. I drew, the God’s power rising (ATK: 7000). “But first, ‘Osiris’, attack the fat one’s monster. Kill him as well.” ‘Osiris’ did as he was commanded, and my second opponent fell as well. I ended my turn, discarding a card from my hand. ‘Osiris’’ Attack fell again to 6000.

“I-I won’t give up,” said the tall one, the only opponent remaining. He was getting desperate, which meant he would soon do something stupid. His turn promised to be entertaining.

“I play ‘Pot of Greed’,” my opponent said. He examined his hand, “I discard ‘Hunter with Seven Weapons’ to activate the Spell card ‘Tribute to the Doomed’, destroying your monster.” Mummy wraps burst from his Spell card hologram, reaching for the God, but they dissolved as soon as they came near him.

I laughed maliciously, “Nice try, but nothing you do can stop me.”

Karen

I ran through the door leading out behind the mall and I saw a wall of Shadows. Someone was fighting a Shadow Duel!

John’s in there! I thought. He’s in trouble. I have to help him!

I called on the power of my Soul of Imagination to part the Shadows, and I ran inside.

Blackheart

The girl, Karen, arrived behind me just as I began my turn. She looked around and saw the God. She ran up to my side and grabbed my arm, “John! What are you doing? Stop!” I swung my arm, throwing her to the ground. Tears came to her eyes. I smiled and looked into my opponent’s eyes, “’Osiris’, finish this!”

The God inhaled and then fired his attack at the ‘Goblins’, destroying them and reducing my opponent’s Life to zero. His body has devoured by the Shadows.

The girl rose to her feet as the God disappeared and the Shadows faded. She looked angrily at me and said, “You’re not John.”

I smiled, “How’d you guess?”

She ignored my question, saying, “I won’t let you have him Marik.”

My expression grew dark and I shot the girl a piercing glare. “You insult me girl,” I said. “I am far beyond that fool Marik.”

I watched with great interest as understanding crept into the girls eyes. She adopted a shocked expression, “You’re Blackheart!”

I laughed darkly, “Bingo.”

Karen

“Give him back,” I said weakly. Then with more enthusiasm I cried, “Give him back!”

Blackheart, in the body of my best friend, raised the Dark Disk, “Make me!”

“Fine,” I said, activating my Duel Disk and inserting my deck. “Just remember, if I win this Shadow Game, you have to give John’s body up and go back to wherever you came from!”

Blackheart laughed, “You have a deal.”

I have to finish this quick, I thought. I faced Blackheart as the Shadows rose up around me, and I drew my opening hand (LP: 8000). “I begin with the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’, letting me draw three cards and then discard two cards. Next I play a second Spell card, ‘Pot of Greed’, drawing two cards from the top of my deck.”

I looked at my new hand. I was ready to duel Blackheart with everything I had.

“I summon ‘Toon Alligator’,” I said, and a small alligator carrying an axe appeared at my feet (DEF: 1600). “Next I pay 1000 Life Points (8000-1000=7000) to activate ‘Toon World’.”

A giant green book appeared and fell open.

“Next,” I said, “I Toon Summon ‘Toon Mermaid’,” a caricaturized mermaid appeared, lying in a clam shell, “and I sacrifice both of these Toons to summon the ‘Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon’!”

Pink smoke spewed from ‘Toon World’, swallowing up my two monsters. The smoke cleared, revealing a cartoon of the legendary white dragon with huge blue eyes. He laughed mischievously (ATK: 3000).

“I set three cards face-down,” I concluded, “ending my turn.”

“Excellent,” Blackheart said. He pulled the last card of his opening hand and played it, “Activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ to destroy ‘Toon World’.”

A wind picked up, tearing at the magic book. “Reveal,” I said, “the Spell card ‘Emergency Provisions’, sending ‘Toon World’ to the Graveyard to recover 1000 Life Points,” the book disappeared (7000+1000=8000), “and because my ‘Toon World’ was removed from the field without being destroyed, my Toons already in play stay in play.”

“Good move,” said Blackheart, “but I’m not even close to finished with you yet. I discard ‘Strike Ninja’ to activate ‘Dark Core’, removing your dragon from play.” A dark hole opened above the Toon dragon, swallowing it up. “Next I play ‘Painful Choice’, selecting five cards from my deck. You choose one to add to my hand and I discard the rest.” He fanned out John’s deck and picked five cards, placing him on the surface of the Dark Disk. Holograms of the cards appeared. They were ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, ‘Summoned Skull’, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, ‘Dark Master – Zorc’, and ‘Contract with the Dark Master’. I laughed, “Add ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ to your hand.”

Blackheart discarded his cards. He was smiling. I thought for a second, and I realized what he was going to do. I swallowed. Hopefully my combo would protect me.

“Activate,” said Blackheart, “the Spell card ‘Soul Release’, removing ‘Ha Des’, ‘Summoned Skull’, and ‘Strike Ninja’ from play. Then I pay 2000 Life Points, activating ‘Dimension Fusion’.” A portal opened above Blackheart’s head, and the red-violet skeletal demon, the black-clad ninja, and the horned demon lord appeared at Blackheart’s side.

“Now,” said Blackheart, “I sacrifice my three monsters to summon the God, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’.” The three monsters disappeared, becoming wisps of smoke, and the God dragon emerged from the clouds overhead with an earth-shaking roar. “Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting us each draw until we hold six cards,” we drew, and the power of the God increased (ATK: 6000).

“’Osiris’, attack directly, Thunder Force!”

“Reveal,” I commanded, “my ‘Physical Double’ Trap card and the ‘Staunch Defender’ Trap card, creating a duplicate of your God to intercept ‘Osiris’’ attack.” Behind me, a mass of clay appeared, expanding out and becoming a gray washed duplicate of the God dragon. It faced the original God and roared (ATK: 6000).

“That won’t work against ‘Osiris’,” Blackheart said. “’Osiris’, Summon Lightning Shot!” The God opened his second mouth and fired a burst of light at my dragon, cutting 2000 of his Attack (6000-2000=4000).

“’Osiris’,” Blackheart commanded, “destroy that imposter, Thunder Force!”

“’Mirage Token’, counterattack, Thunder Force!”

The two massive dragons attacked. Their attacks met, flashing so bright that I thought I would go blind. But before long the original dragon’s attack overcame the attack of the copy, shredding him, vaporizing him before my eyes (8000+4000-6000=6000).

“You may be strong, girl,” said Blackheart, “but like your pathetic excuse for a dragon, you’ll always fall short.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

154661sa7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this monster is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster in Attack Position, reduce its ATK by 2000 to a minimum of 0. When your opponent Summons a monster in Defense Position, reduce its DEF by 2000. If its DEF is reduced to 0 by this effect, that monster is destroyed.

Next Chapter Soul Breaker; Blackheart Emerges Part Two

chapter three!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Three]

Soul Breaker; Blackheart Emerges Part Two

So this is the God Card ‘Osiris’, I thought. I’ve heard of him of course, from John and in general. Every Duelist knows about ‘Osiris’ by reputation, but few get to see him like this; in person, with all of his impressive power right in their faces.

I stared up at the monstrous dragon, the remains of my duplicate ‘Osiris’ still fading away all around me.

He’s huge, with massive Attack strength, and the power to weaken or even destroy every monster placed before him. But if I’m remembering right, ‘Osiris’ only destroys monsters placed in defense mode and only weakens monsters placed in attack mode. So if I summon a monster in attack mode it should remain on the field, even if it doesn’t have any Attack Points at all!

I smiled. I had a plan.

“To counterattack,” I said, “I’ll summon my own “God”. The Spell card ‘Black Illusion Ritual’ will summon the God of Illusion, ‘Relinquished’!” A small pot covered in eyes appeared and was enveloped in black fire that transformed it into the mighty ‘Relinquished’. He was blue and gray and made up of a sphere resting on a disk, two spikes protruding from the disk, with strong arms. In the center of his chest was a small sphere bearing the millennium eye symbol (ATK: 0).

The God ignored it, just as I thought.

My smile widened, “Next, I activate ‘Metamorphosis’, transforming ‘Relinquished’ into his true form!” ‘Relinquished’’s entire body rippled and him skin changed color, becoming a rusty brown. One thousand eyes opened all over the monster’s body. “What do you think of my ‘Thousand Eyes Restrict’ (ATK: 0)?”

Blackheart looked enticed. “Interesting monster,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like it. Show me what it can do before I destroy it.”

“You asked for it,” I said. “’Restrict’, use your magic to restrain the God and then absorb his power!”

‘Thousand Eyes Restrict’ trained all of his eyes on ‘Osiris’, and the God was wreathed in a yellow light, meant to hold him in place. But Blackheart laughed. “Do you think a God will be hurt by such a simple attack?” he asked. “’Osiris’, break the creature’s spell.”

‘Osiris’ roared, and the light of my monster’s eyes was dispersed.

“I won’t go down easily,” I said. “Two face-down cards. End turn.”

Blackheart laughed as he drew his next card. “Even if you set up a Trap,” he said, “it won’t protect you. I know everything that this host knows. I know every strategy in your deck. There are none that can defeat a God. ‘Osiris’, Thunder Force!”

The God attacked, but I was ready.

“Reveal,” I commanded, “the Trap card ‘Absolute End’, turning ‘Osiris’’ attack into a direct attack.”

‘Restrict’ drifted to the side as thunder built in the mouth of the God that I faced. John beat a God, which means it can be beaten.

“’Osiris’,” Blackheart commanded, “if she’d rather die that her monster, so be it. Kill her.”

The God attacked, and I smiled. “Reveal, ‘Spirit Barrier’, protecting me from damage.”

Blackheart laughed, “Sorry, but that won’t work. Counter Trap, ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’!”

No!

The God’s attack overcome me and my Life Points fell (LP: 0). I collapsed. The last thing I remember before I lost consciousness was Blackheart walking toward me. “You lose,” he said. “The power within your Soul is mine.”

The Soul of Darkness that hung around his neck glowed, and my Soul cracked.

Tucker

“Okay, this is weird,” I said. “I keep getting this strange feeling.”

“You too?” Sarah asked.

“Yeah, I wonder what it could be.”

“John and Karen have been gone for awhile,” said Rocky. “Maybe we should go find them.”

“Yeah,” I said, “good plan.”

Sarah, Jen, Rocky, and I rose and headed for the exit. Jenna tried to follow. I turned to her and said, “Stay here Kid. This could be really dangerous.”

She bit her lip in frustration, but nodded in agreement.

I turned back around and ran after the others.

We arrived behind the mall just in time. Blackheart (though we didn’t know that it was Blackheart at the time) was standing over an unconscious Karen. Light was streaming from her Soul into his.

“What’s John doing?” Rocky asked. But Sarah, Jen, and I already knew.

“That,” I said, “is not John.”

His hair was growing darker before our eyes, becoming jet black, and the expression on his face was fierce. Evil.

“Back off!” I cried, charging forward, Rocky at my side. I threw a punch at the new opponent. He ducked to the side, but my true goal had been achieved. The light stopped.

My opponent looked pissed. He reached down to the Dark Disk and separated the platform from the base. They became a sword and a shield. He struck with his sword. I jumped back, avoiding it, and threw a burst of heat strait at my opponent’s face. He raised his shield, deflecting my attack, and lunged, stabbing with his blade. Rocky jumped in the way, summoning up a wall of stone. The blade hit and has broken, melting back into the Shadows from which it came.

Blackheart gritted his teeth. “You may have won for now,” he said, “but you won’t be able to stop me for long. The power within your Souls will be mine, and then I’ll finally have the power to take what is mine. The power that is mine!”

And with that, Blackheart melted into thick black smoke and disappeared into the Shadows. Karen was just regaining consciousness. Sarah and Jen knelt by her side.

“What’s going on, Karen,” I asked.

She rose unsteadily to her feet and answered, “We have to bring together the Duel Force. Blackheart has emerged.”

Karen

I called Max, Monty and Lawrence, Kimi, and Amanda and told them to meet us at Jen’s. Amanda walked the short distance from her house to Jen’s and waited with Kristin for us to arrive.

We walked through the door. Amanda and Kristin were waiting on the couch just inside the door. Amanda was wearing a pink t-shirt with green trim and green shorts. The brightness of the colors really made her short dark hair stand out. Kristin was wearing jeans and a tank top under a gray jacket. She was twirling her long brown hair around her finger when we arrived. Max arrived right after us, wearing a ball cap over his blond hair, and a gray hoody. His blue eyes were as intense as ever. I don’t know how he managed to get there so fast from wherever it is that he lives. Monty and Lawrence showed up next. They were arguing about something stupid. Lawrence, his sandy hair hanging down into his yellow eyes, was wearing one of his favorite dragon print shirts. Monty with his much darker spiky hair was wearing a white vest over a dark purple long sleeved t-shirt and ripped jeans.

The last to arrive was Kimi. She lived the furthest away. I’d gotten to know Kimi pretty well recently. I’d been staying with her and her family ever since John and the others freed me from Marik’s control. Kimi was wearing a white t-shirt under a yellow jacket and black jeans. She was unique. Quiet. She was Japanese, and because of it she often had trouble fitting in. Once we were together we headed down to Jen’s large basement/family room. It was a perfect place for a discreet meeting.

“So Blackheart, in control of John’s body,” I said, wrapping up my explanation, “beat me with the God card and used John’s power to break my Soul and take the magic from it. But Tucker and Rocky stopped him short. He didn’t get it all. Still, this makes the Soul of Darkness much more powerful that any other single Soul. If he were to attack us separately, he would simply use the Soul to strip us of our power. But if we were to seek him out in pairs, our Souls would still be stronger and he’d be forced to face us in a duel.”

“Why not just wait it out?” Monty asked. “If Blackheart wants the Soul powers to control the Gods, he’ll have to attack us at some point. If we stay put and he comes after us, that means we’ll control the time and the place of our encounter.”

“He’s not after the power of the other Souls specifically,” I said. “He just wants to increase his power enough to control the Gods. There’s one other way to do that.”

Monty’s eyes grew wide, “You mean Duel Energy.”

“Yeah,” said Rocky, “it makes sense. We have to find him and stop him. If not he’ll just go around hurting or killing any Duelist he can find and taking their energy. But of course he’d rather have our power. If we go out there looking for him, he’ll leave the civilians alone and focus his attention on us.”

“Do we really want him to focus his attention on us,” Amanda asked. “This guy sounds scary.”

“Of course we don’t want him to attack us,” I said, “but we don’t really have a choice. If we leave him alone, he’ll just keep attacking innocent people. This is our fight, not theirs.”

“But we don’t even know where he went, or even what general direction he went in,” said Kristin.

“Yes,” I said, “we do. Duel Energy in the average Duelist is very weak. To get the same power in Duel Energy as in Soul Energy, Blackheart will head for the most highly populated area around; downtown. Pair up and pick a section of the city. Focus on secluded areas. Blackheart won’t want to draw more attention that he has to.”

“What about you?” Sarah asked.

“I have a backup plan, but to pull it off I’ll first have to get in contact with an old friend. I’ll call everyone back when its time to put my plan into action.”

Max

I was teamed up with Kristin, the girl who uses machines. I had never actually seen her duel in person, but I knew that she was strong. Just like every member of the Duel Force, she knew all of the ins and outs of the deck that she had chosen for herself. But I couldn’t shake the feeling that this time that might not be enough.

We were only ten minutes into our search when we found him. Blackheart. Or I should say he found us.

“I see,” he said from behind. “Do you really think that pairing up will help you beat me?”

I turned toward Blackheart. “You!” I spat, my voice filled with hatred.

“Let John go,” said Kristin.

“Of course,” said Blackheart, “but only if you can beat me first.”

Thousand-EyesRestrictMC1-EN-ScR.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Played]

--Karen:

-Monsters:

Thousand-Eyes Restrict

-Spells:

Metamorphosis

-Traps:

Spirit Barrier

Next Chapter The Modified Deck of Darkness

she gets to really shine very soon, and of course she's a tactical genius, so now that she's taken charge of the duel force she gets to show off her abilities in more ways that one.

and john's still there, just stuck in the back of his own mind where hiro usually hangs out. and we get to see what happened to hiro soon.

chapter four:

[spoiler=Chapter Four]

The Modified Deck of Darkness

“Since I’ll be dueling at a disadvantage,” said Blackheart, “You will each start with half Life Points, and my Life Points will begin at a full eight thousand.”

“Fine with me,” I said, “just as long as you uphold your end of the bargain when we win.”

“If you win,” said Blackheart, smiling happily. He knew we were afraid, and he was enjoying it.

“Of course I’ll uphold my end of the bargain,” said Blackheart, “but if I win, I’m going to want something from you.”

I scowled, “We know.”

“Well then,” said Blackheart, drawing five cards, “let’s get started. You two can go first.”

I smiled, “It’s your funeral.” I drew my opening hand (LP: 4000). “I start out with my ‘Blood Sucker’, defense mode, and a face-down card.”

A red man bat appeared and hissed (DEF: 800).

“My turn next,” said Kris. “I summon ‘Roboyarou’ in defense mode,” a robotic man in blue armor appeared, “and activate ‘Double Summon’ to sacrifice ‘Roboyarou’ for ‘Metal Shooter’.” A hovering robot equipped with two arms that ended in laser cannons (ATK: 800). “When ‘Metal Shooter’ appears,” she explained, “it summons two “Metal Shooter Counters’. Each of these counters contributes another 800 Attack power (800+(800x2)=2400).” As she spoke, two more of the robots appeared alongside the first.

Blackheart laughed, “So you are using cards that this host hasn’t seen you use to try and throw me off, huh? Well I don’t just have knowledge of your decks through this body. I have my host’s knowledge of the cards in this game. Your plan was clever, but not clever enough.”

“I’m not done yet,” said Kristin. “I place two cards face-down, and end my turn.”

“Finally,” said Blackheart. “I was starting to get bored waiting.” He drew, “I summon my ‘Bowganian’ in attack mode.”

A metal sphere appeared. Two panels opened in its sides and two arms emerged. In one of its hands in carried a collapsible one-handed crossbow. The front of the sphere opened, revealing a robotic eye (ATK: 1300).

“Bowganian,” Blackheart commanded, “attack ‘Bloodsucker’ with eye beam.”

‘Bowganian’’s eye began to glow as the monster prepared to fire. “I don’t think so,” said Kristin. “Reveal the Trap card ‘Security Orb’, changing your monster to defense mode.”

A floating metal sphere appeared next to Kristin’s monster. It had a lens in the front and two swivel-mounted arms. “Go,” said Kristin, the lens glowing, “use Suppression Field.” A beam from the orb’s lens engulfed ‘Bowganian’ and the light in its eye faded (DEF: 600). The orb disappeared.

“Interesting card,” said Blackheart. “Another card that my host has never seen you use, and one that he would not have expected to see in your deck. But I’m not him. Maybe such a simple trick would have thrown my host off of his game, but I am a far superior being. It will take more than tricks to beat me.”

He laughed wickedly, “To finish my turn I place two cards face-down.”

“Then it’s my move,” I said, “draw!” I looked at my newest card, Perfect!

“I sacrifice ‘Bloodsucker’ to summon another vampire, my ‘Vampire Lord’.” ‘Bloodsucker’ disappeared and was replaced by a suave vampire with pale blue skin wearing a cape. He threw his cape back and it became wings that carried him into the air. He flew back and collapsed his wings, landing firmly at my side (ATK: 2000).

“’Vampire Lord’,” I commanded, “attack ‘Bowganian’ with Vampiric Wave!”

‘Vampire Lord’ flourished his cape and fired a red energy wave at the bow-wielding machine.

His monster may not have many Attack Points, I thought, but its effect could be trouble. It has to die now.

“Sorry,” said Blackheart, laughing under his breath, “but you won’t get rid of ‘Bowganian’ that easily. Reveal ‘Mirror Force’ reversing your attack.” A reflective barrier appeared around my opponent. He crossed his arms and smiled confidently. The vampire’s attack hit the barrier and turned back on the source. My monster was destroyed, but I was unconcerned.

“End turn.”

“I draw!” said Kris. “’Metal Shooter’, attack!” The three machines aimed their guns at the ‘Bowganian’, but when they fired, the blasts exploded, taking one of the “Metal Shooter Counters” with them (ATK: 2400-800=1600).

“Reveal,” said Blackheart, “the Trap card ‘Blast Held by a Tribute’, destroying an attacking monster and dealing its controller 1000 damage.”

Kris was wreathed in energy and her Life Points fell (4000-1000=3000).

“Your attempt to destroy my monster failed,” said Blackheart.

“True,” I said.

“But,” said Kristin, “our attempt to rid the field of your face-down cards succeeded.”

“But it’s my turn,” said Blackheart. “I draw, and the effect of ‘Bowganian’ deals you each 600 damage.” As he spoke the machine fired two arrows, one at each of us. The arrows hit us and exploded (4000-600=3400/3000-600=2400).

“Now,” Blackheart continued, “I sacrifice ‘Bowganian’ to summon a much stronger monster. You may know him. He’s my host’s favorite monster, and his Ka.”

He wouldn’t summon that monster, would he?

The ‘Bowganian’ disappeared in a swirl of darkness, and Blackheart placed his card on his Duel Disk. Energy crackled, reaching out and blossoming into a warrior in yellow armor, tinted gray. His head hung, casting a shadow over his eyes (ATK: 2200).

Blackheart smiled triumphantly. “’Fiend Megacyber’ is stronger that your monster,” he said to Kris. “But first, I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your face-down card.” A burst of wind swept over her card, and another ‘Security Orb’ appeared.

“Your card,” said Kris, “destroyed my second ‘Security Orb’. When ‘Security Orb’ is destroyed it self destructs, taking a monster in play along with it.”

‘Security Orb’ flew toward ‘Fiend Megacyber’, its lens flashing red, and grabbed onto ‘The Fiend Megacyber’. The rate of flashing increased, and the ‘Orb’ exploded, destroying the monster as well.

“I won’t let you use that monster,” said Kristin. “My cousin’s heart is in that card.”

Blackheart looked confused, “Are you serious? It’s just a card. And not even a very good one.”

He threw ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ to the ground and lifted his foot, meaning to step on it. He was surprised when I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. “If you think it’s such a worthless card,” I said, picking John’s card up off of the ground, “then I’ll take it.” I walked back to my side of the field, “now let’s get back to the duel if you don’t mind.”

Blackheart was pissed, but if he attacked us now, he would forfeit the Shadow Game. “Activate,” he continued, “the Spell card ‘Painful Choice’. I select five cards from my deck and show them to you. Then you add one to my hand and I discard the rest.”

He fanned out his deck, picking five cards, showing them to me. They were ‘Red-Eyes Back Dragon’, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, two more ‘Bowganians’, and the God, ‘Osiris’.

“Add the two sacrifice ‘Red-Eyes’ to your hand,” I said. Blackheart did as he was told and then discarded the remaining monsters.

“One card face-down,” said Blackheart, “and I end my turn.”

“Good,” I said, feigning confidence. “Now I can start taking you apart! I draw, and in my Standby Phase my ‘Vampire Lord’ revives.” The ‘Vampire’ reappeared at my side (ATK: 2000).

“Attack,” I commanded, “Vampiric Wave!”

‘Vampire Lord’ fired his attack. “Reveal,” said Blackheart, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Skull Lair’.”

“You don’t have enough monsters to destroy my ‘Vampire’,” I said.

Blackheart laughed, “I know. I remove five monsters from play to destroy, the ‘Metal Shooter’.”

An energy ball fired at the ‘Shooter’, destroying another “Counter” (1600-800=800). At the same time my monster’s attack hit (8000-2000=6000).

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Robin’ Zombie’. Its effect combined with the effect of my ‘Vampire Lord’ means that you discard two cards from the top of your deck.”

Blackheart discarded his two cards, his smile never fading.

“I draw,” said Kristin, “and summon ‘Heavy Mech Support Platform’, combining it with my ‘Metal Shooter’.” A red and white flying mechanical platform appeared, transforming and attaching to the back of her monster, becoming two guns and a rocket pack (800+500=1300). “Attack.”

‘Metal Shooter’ fired, taking away another chunk of Blackheart’s Life.

“We’ve got you,” said Kristin, beaming with confidence.

Blackheart chuckled wickedly. “Not yet,” he said. “I draw, and I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards.” The Soul of Darkness’ flashed, and he drew. “Activate, ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting me draw until I hold six cards. Next I pay 2000 Life Points to open up the dimensions with the Spell card ‘Dimension Fusion’, summoning every one of my monsters that are removed from play.”

A rip appeared in the dimensional wall, and through the rip five monsters emerged. Three ‘Bowganians’, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, and the massive God dragon (ATK: 5000).

I sighed and looked over at Kristin. “Oh well,” I said, “at least we tried.”

Monty

Sarah and I were patrolling an area near the site of Max and Kristin’s duel against Blackheart, even though we didn’t know it at the time.

“Monty look,” said Sarah, pointing up at the sky. I followed her gaze and there it was; ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’.

We ran as fast as we could, but by the time we found Max and Kristin they were on the ground, unconscious. Their Souls were cracked, and both Souls had gone dark.

Sarah looked like she was going to be sick as she spoke, “Looks like Blackheart won.”

“They come to me like lambs to the slaughter.”

I turned toward the voice that had spoken. Behind us Blackheart stepped from the darkness and stood to face us.

“You made a mistake taking us on, Blackheart,” I said, “because we’re going to defeat you once and for all!”

MetalShooterYDB1-EN-SR-UE.jpg

--Blackheart(*His deck is a deck in progress so some cards are not permanent*):

-Monsters:

Sky Dragon of Osiris

Bowganian x3

Red-Eyes Black Dragon (removes from deck later)

Dark Ruler Ha Des

The Fiend Megacyber (removes from deck later)

-Spells:

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Greed

Painful Choice

Card of Sanctity

Dimension Fusion

-Traps:

Mirror Force

Blast Held by a Tribute

Skull Lair

--Max:

-Monsters:

Vampire Lord

--Kristin:

-Monsters:

Metal Shooter

Heavy Mech Support Platform

-Spells:

Double Summon

-Traps:

Security Orb x2

Next Chapter Spell Legacy

the new chapter will be up soon, but in the mean time, i thought i'd go ahead and catch up with the character profiles that i still need to write. here they are:

[spoiler=Character Profile #21]

Name: Archfiend Ruler

Deck Type: Depth of Strategy

Shadow Item: Shadow Coin

Favorite Card: Checkmate!

Spirit Monster: Terrorking Archfiend

Description: Between fifteen and seventeen years old. Tall with very unruly and spiky hair hair, and dark eyes. Archfiend Ruler is a master strategist, and a sociopath who believes that anyone who cannot surpass him is not worthy to live. His only goal in life is to fight a strategist who is truly his superior, weather he wins or loses. This has proved difficult, considering that his skills have grown far beyond the average Duelist's. He disobeyed his master's orders and battled John. John beat him with the help of the Soul of Darkness (more specifically the spirit, Hiro). It is for this reason that he still considers John his inferior. His time recently has been consumed with solidifying his team's place as the new leaders of the Duelists of the Order. His dueling style is based on outmaneuvering his opponent. He tries to defeat them in as few moves as possible.

[spoiler=And we can't forget...]

Name: Blackheart

Deck Type: Dark Torture

Shadow Item: Soul of Darkness

Favorite Card: Bowganian

Spirit Monster: Dark Armed Dragon

Description: Blackheart is the dark side of the Forgotten Duelist. The Duel Force has been expecting him to return for awhile now, but they did not expect him to make his appearance in the body of their leader, John. Since he took possession of John's body, John's appearance has changed a bit. His hair is pure black and his skin is growing paler with dark circles under his eyes. He wears a constant cocky expression. His usual strategy involves chipping away his opponent's Life Points with his favorite monster, Bowganian. But in some circumstances, when harming his victim's pride would be more damaging than harming their body, he humiliates them by overwhelming them with his most powerful card, Dark Armed Dragon.

chapter five!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

Spell Legacy

Sarah

Max and Kristin had been defeated. Even fighting two-on-one they couldn’t beat Blackheart and the Egyptian God card. I was scared. His power scared me. But the only way to save my brother was to beat Blackheart. I had no choice but to try.

Monty

Blackheart was laughing. He was absolutely confident in his power. I glanced down at John’s deck case at Blackheart’s waist. It was open. Inside I saw a large stack of cards. John never carried extra cards with him. That meant that Blackheart had been collecting cards, which meant that, chances were…

“Sarah,” I said, “he’s not using John’s deck anymore. He’s changed it.”

She nodded. “It makes sense. John’s deck’s too tame for someone as evil as Blackheart. He probably grabbed the cards that those Card Taker kids were holding. From what Jenna said, they had a ton. Who knows what kinds of rare cards he found in with those.”

“You done talking amongst yourselves?” Blackheart asked.

“Yeah,” I said, “and we’re ready to start whenever you are.”

Blackheart laughed. “You can’t win,” he said.

“We’ll see,” I said. “I’m not holding back anymore. I was taught to duel by the greatest Duelist in the world. Today I’m going to put everything that he taught me to the test.”

“Ooh,” Blackheart mocked, “scary.” He raised his Dark Disk (LP: 8000), “I’ll keep my move simple so that you can keep up. One monster face-down in defense mode, and two cards face-down.”

“My turn,” said Sarah (LP: 4000). “I summon ‘Unshaven Angler’ in attack mode.”

A fish appeared. Its skin was a transparent blue, and it had a massive lower jaw. It glared fiercely (ATK: 1500).

“Next I activate the Spell card ‘Big Wave Small Wave’, washing my ‘Angler’ away and summoning another monster in his place.”

Water burst out of the ground beneath the monster, surrounding him. When the water disappeared ‘Unshaven Angler’ was gone, and in its place stood a tall, humanoid lizard in thick, strong steel armor (ATK: 2450).

“Just see if you can stand up to my ‘Giga Gagagigo’.”

Sarah took a deep breath and continued. “I remove ‘Unshaven Angler’ in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon a second monster, my favorite card, ‘Aqua Spirit’.” A cloud of bubbles appeared. The bubbles popped, revealing a blue-skinned water sprite wearing an elegant blue gown (ATK: 1600).

“Now finally,” Sarah said, “I’ll limit your attacks with the Spell card ‘The Dark Door’. While this card is on the field each player can only attack with one monster per turn.”

“Pretty clever ‘Sis’,” said Blackheart, sneering, “but don’t get to confident. It’s my turn again as soon as your teammate moves. Hurry up Monty. I’m anxious to break you.”

“For my move,” I declared (LP: 4000), “I summon my ‘Skilled White Magician’,” A white-robed sorcerer appeared at my side, wielding a staff as a wand (ATK: 1700).

“Next,” I continued, ignoring the hungry look in Blackheart’s eyes, “I activate the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’, drawing two more cards, as well as the Spell card ‘Magical Blast’.” I drew two cards, and my monster absorbed the power of the ‘Magical Blast’ card into his staff, letting him attack Blackheart for 200 damage (8000-200=7800).

“Now,” I said, “I set a card, and I attack the face-down monster with White Flash Attack!”

‘Skilled White Magician’ fired a wave of light at the monster, revealing the crossbow wielding ‘Bowganian’ for just a second, before it was destroyed.

“You fell right into my trap,” said Blackheart. “I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’, calling my ‘Bowganian’ back from the Graveyard in attack mode. I also activate the Spell card ‘Inferno Reckless Summon’, letting me summon two more ‘Bowganians’ as well.” Three of the machines appeared. It was Blackheart’s turn next. I had to prepare as best as I could for the coming attack.

“I place a card face-down, and end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Blackheart through a toothy grin, “and my ‘Bowganians’ attack each of you for 600 damage each.”

The small machines each fired an arrow at each of us (4000-1800=2200 (each)).

“Next I play ‘Sword of Deep-Seated’ on my lead ‘Bowganian’,” said Blackheart. An evil sword appeared in one of the monsters’ hands (ATK 1300+500=1800). “Attack the white-robed sage!”

“Sorry,” I said. “Reveal ‘Spellbinding Circle’, ensnaring your monster.” A magic circle appeared around ‘Bowganian’, holding it in place.

“Now,” said Sarah, “your monster will have to deal with my ‘Giga Gagagigo’ next turn.” She cracked her knuckles, and the lizard crossed his arms proudly.

“I change my remaining monsters to defense mode,” said Blackheart, “place a card face-down, and end my turn.”

Sarah drew. She was shaking. I’d never seen her so worked up. “You will give me back my brother,” she said. “I’m gonna make sure of it.”

“Focus,” I said. “If you don’t calm down we’ll never pull this off.”

“I know!” she snapped. “I place two cards face-down and activate the Spell card ‘Aqua Essence’

154661cp0.jpg allowing my ‘Aqua Spirit’ to change one of your monsters’ battle positions once each turn. So I change your ‘Bowganian’ to attack mode.” A glowing blue sphere appeared in the ‘Spirit’’s hands, radiating a bright light. She aimed it at our opponent’s monster, and ‘Bowganian’ raised his crossbow. Its body, save its arms and its eye were frozen, holding it in place, but not restricting its ability to attack.

“Now,” said Sarah, “I destroy the weaker ‘Bowganian’ with ‘Giga Gagagigo’.” She punched in the direction of our opponent, and at the same time the armored reptile crushed the machine monster with his steel reinforced claws. Blackheart’s Life Points fell (7800+1300-2450=6650).

I smiled, I get it now. She’s pretty unique. She has two spirit monsters. ‘Aqua Spirit’ represents the calm side of her personality, while the powerful ‘Giga Gagagigo’ represents the fiercer side. And her true power only shines through when she balances those two powers. That’s why ‘Levia Dragon – Daedalus’ makes the perfect Soul monster for her. It has a subtlety to it, but it is also fierce and powerful. It balances her spirit all on its own, unlocking her true power.

Sarah looked at me and nodded. I nodded back, looked at Blackheart, and said, “Instead of drawing, I’ll recycle ‘Magical Blast’ from my Graveyard.” ‘Skilled White Magician’ fired another blast from his staff (6650-200=6450).

“Next,” I continued, “I activate my monster’s ability. Because my ‘Magician’ has accumulated three “Spell Counters” I can sacrifice him to summon the Legendary Dragon Slayer.”

‘Skilled White Magician’ disappeared, and in his place appeared a warrior fully clad in gleaming armor. He was kneeling down at my side, holding a massive jeweled sword that rested against his shoulder. He rose to his feet and flourished his blade, letting the tip rest against the ground. “Introducing,” I said, “the ‘Buster Blader’ (ATK: 2600).”

Blackheart laughed.

“Is something funny?” I asked, but Blackheart just kept laughing. Fine, laugh at this!

“‘Buster Blader’”, I commanded, “attack the one with the sword.”

‘Buster Blader’ nodded, raised his sword, and lunged, swinging his sword and cutting the ‘Bowganian’’s spherical body in half (6450+1800-2600=5650).

“My ‘Bowganian’ may be gone,” Blackheart said, still chuckling, “but his sword returns to the top of my deck. And it’s my turn.”

“Not yet,” I said, raising a halting finger. “I place three cards face-down. Now you can go.”

“Thank you,” Blackheart said mockingly. “before you end your turn, I reveal ‘Jar of Greed’, letting me return ‘Sword of Deep-Seated’ on top of my deck to my hand. Then I draw, and begin my turn.”

He drew twice. Then he looked strait into my eyes. “You two did well, but you can’t beat me one-on-one, and one of you is about to lose this duel.”

He laughed and pointed at Sarah. “Goodbye, ‘Sis’.”

154661cp0.jpg

--Sarah:

-Monsters:

Unshaven Angler

-Spells:

[spoiler=Aqua Essence]

154661cp0.jpg

--Monty:

-Monsters:

Skilled White Magician

Buster Blader

-Spells:

Magical Blast

--Blackheart:

-Spells:

Inferno Reckless Summon

Sword of Deep-Seated

-Traps:

Call of the Haunted

Next Chapter The Death of a God

chapter five!!! we finally get to see blackheart's real and terrifying skill as a duelist as his god card takes on the student of the world's greatest duelist!

[spoiler=Chapter Six]

The Death of a God

“I’ll start things off with the special ability of my ‘Bowganian’,” said Blackheart. ‘Bowganian’ fired a crossbow bolt at each of us (2200-600=1600 (each)). “Next I’ll discard a card from my hand to activate ‘Tribute to the Doomed’, destroying the Warrior monster ‘Buster Blader’.” His card’s hologram appeared. Mummy wraps burst from within the card and reached toward my monster.

“My ‘Buster Blader’ may not have any magic of his own, but I have plenty for both of us. Reveal the Trap cards ‘Pitch-Black Power Stone’ and ‘Spell Shield’.

154661dh1.jpg I remove a Spell Counter from my ‘Power Stone’ to protect my monster from destruction.”

A magic circle appeared on my ‘Blader’’s arm, like a shield, and a black stone appeared, hanging in the air. A third of the stone broke off, becoming magical energy. The energy poured into the magic circle, and my monster raised his shield, dispersing the mummy wraps and rendering Blackheart’s Spell powerless.

“Pretty good,” Blackheart said. “Of course, I said that I would beat one of you this turn, and I will.” Blackheart laughed again. “I continue my turn with the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’, allowing each player to draw until they hold six cards. Now this is a whole new duel.

“I equip ‘Sword of Deep-Seated’ to my remaining ‘Bowganian’,” Blackheart declared, “and change him to Attack mode (ATK: 1800). ‘Bowganian’, attack, destroy the ‘Aqua Spirit’!”

Crap, I thought. I looked over at Sarah, expecting to see fear or anger on her face. But instead I saw confidence. She had a plan.

“I have you now, Blackheart,” Sarah said, crossing her arms and smiling wide. “Reveal, ‘Ultimate Offering’!

“I pay 500 Life Points and sacrifice two monsters (1600-500=1100) to summon my ultimate monster, the face of my Duelist’s Soul, the almighty ‘Levia-Dragon – Daedalus’.” Her two monsters disappeared in a swirl of light, and in their place appeared a large sea dragon with silver and blue armor-like scales and broad pink fins. The dragon roared, and ‘Bowganian’ stopped dead (ATK: 2600).

“I thought as much,” said Blackheart. “Activate ‘Quick Summon’,

154661ox0.jpg letting me sacrifice ‘Bowganian’ to summon ‘Caius the Shadow Monarch’, using his ability to remove your dragon from play.”

Sarah smiled wider, “Then I reveal another Trap card, ‘Aqua Aura’,

154661nh6.jpg paying 500 Life Points (1100-500=600) and removing ‘Aqua Spirit’ in my Graveyard from play to fill the field with water and activate my dragon’s effect.”

Water appeared beneath us, and it was suddenly pulled toward the ‘Levia-Dragon’. “This,” said Sarah, “will destroy every card on the field except for my monster.”

“And of course,” I said, “I can remove another Spell Counter to prevent my ‘Buster Blader’’s destruction as well.” Another chunk of the black stone broke away and became energy that fed the ‘Blader’’s shield.

“Sorry,” said Blackheart, “but that won’t work. Activate ‘Nullification Warp’,

154661zm8.jpg canceling your monster’s effect.”

A ripple went through my dragon, and the water that had gathered around him fell away and disappeared. “Now,” said Blackheart, “my ‘Monarch’’s effect resolves.” ‘Caius’, a giant armored man with evil eyes, wearing a tattered cape, summoned darkness into a ball in his hands (ATK: 2400). It looked a lot like John’s ‘Dark Core’. He threw the energy ball at Sarah’s monster and it was swallowed up, leaving Sarah without any options.

“Now,” said Blackheart, “I finish you. ‘Caius’, attack with Dark Energy Force!” The ‘Monarch’ thrust his palm, and Sarah was wreathed in darkness that drained the rest of her Life Points away (600-2400=0).

Sarah fell into her back, unconscious. I looked into Blackheart’s eyes, “That’s enough. What gives you the right to treat people this way? What gives you the right!?”

“I am Blackheart,” he said, “Master of the Dark Soul and Wielder of the God ‘Osiris’, and soon all of the Gods. That gives me the right.”

“Heh,” I said. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only reason you have any power at all is because you stole it from John. He is the true master of the Soul. He is the true wielder of ‘Osiris’. You would be nothing without his power. Next to him, you are nothing!”

For the first time, Blackheart stopped smiling. “I control the God. Take your turn and I’ll prove it.”

“Alright, three cards face-down, and I command ‘Buster Blader’ to destroy the Dark Monarch.” ‘Buster Blader’ raised his sword and lunged, slicing the armored fiend in half (5650+2400-2600=5450).

“Alright,” Blackheart said, “finally its time I finished this.” He drew a card, giving him three. “Activate, ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two cards from my deck. Then I activate ‘Soul Release’, removing three ‘Bowganians’ and the God from play. Next I discard ‘Armageddon Knight’ and ‘The End Spirits’ to activate ‘Magical Stone Excavation’, returning ‘Card of Sanctity’ in my Graveyard to my hand.” He took a card from his Graveyard.

“Now,” Blackheart continued, “I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’.” His Soul flashed, and as he drew his six new cards he called, “Destiny Draw!”

He selected a card from his new hand. “Activate,” he said, “the Spell card ‘Dimension Fusion’ (5450-2000=3450).” A rift opened in the sky, and the three ‘Bowganians’ (DEF: 600 (each)) and the massive red dragon emerged. The God roared (ATK: 5000).

“‘Osiris’, attack for the kill, Thunder Force!”

‘Osiris’ opened his lower mouth and breathed lightning down on my monster from above, vaporizing him instantly. The attack engulfed me as well. “Now who’s got the power?!” Blackheart cried, laughing hysterically.

“Don’t count me out yet, Blackheart,” I said. The attack ended, and I smiled at Blackheart, completely unharmed.

“How?” he demanded. “That’s not possible!”

“Wrong,” I said. “I activated my face-down Spell, ‘Emergency Provisions’ sending ‘Pitch-Black Power Stone’ and the face-down ‘Diffusion Wave-Motion’ to the Graveyard to increase my Life Points by 2000 (1600+2000+2600-5000=1200).

“At least your champion, the Dragon Slayer, is no more.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Sorry, but you’re wrong again. I discard my entire hand to activate ‘Rope of Life’, returning my ‘Blader’ to the field.”

“Too bad you didn’t know,” Blackheart said as the warrior returned (2600+800=3400), “that when a monster appears before ‘Osiris’ he attacks with his second mouth. ‘Osiris’, Summon Lightning Shot!”

I smiled and laughed yet again. “How many times are you going to be wrong today? Reveal, ‘Magic Cylinder’, reflecting an attack back on its source.”

‘Osiris’ fired a ball of light from his upper mouth. A cylinder appeared, catching the attack, and disappeared. Then another cylinder appeared, launching the attack back at the God that had produced it (5000-2000=3000).

“I also know enough about the God,” I said, “to know that he dies at the end of the turn if he was Special Summoned.”

“Ah,” said Blackheart. “You underestimate me. Activate ‘Life Light’.”

154661if1.jpg

‘Osiris’’ Attack fell (3000-1000=2000).

This is it, I thought, letting my smile fade. I can’t win, but the least I can do is try and free ‘Osiris’ from his false master.

I looked up at ‘Osiris’ and then looked back down at Blackheart. I smiled confidently, “I came into this duel already knowing all of your monster’s powers. I hoped to use that knowledge to defeat you, but it seems like the best I can do is hope that my attack severs your connection to the God the way that John’s attack against ‘Osiris’ in his duel with Marik severed Marik’s connection with the God.” I looked again at ‘Osiris’. “Noble creature, I’m sorry. ‘Buster Blader’, Buster Slash!”

The dragon slayer swung his sword, and the God was reduced to shreds (3450+2000-3400=2050).

“God is dead Blackheart,” I said, “and his bond with you is broken. Now my friends might just have a chance.”

“Sorry to disappoint you,” Blackheart said. He laughed hysterically. “I have enough power now,” he said, “to force the God under my control. I don’t need anything as trivial as bonds.”

I sighed, defeated. Well that’s it then.

“I draw,” Blackheart said, “and the effects of my ‘Bowganians’ activate.” The three machines fired, and everything went dark (1200-1800=0).

Blackheart

I stepped up between my two most recent victims and reached out with the stolen Soul of Darkness. The Soul of Water cracked, followed by the Soul of Knowledge, and I felt their powers begin to flow into my Soul. Into my being. Normally I would have taken all of the energy from both Souls, but looking into my host’s memories I saw an opportunity to have a little fun. I took all of the power from the Soul of Water, but I left a good deal of the Spellcaster’s Soul in tact. Then I reached into his mind, and I left a little something behind.

BusterBladerYAP1-EN-UR-LE.png

Next Chapter The Legend of Blackheart

this is interesting :) (I've just read blackheart's bio). you started from cards like "Mr. Volcano in these duels and now you are going to put "Dark Armed Dragon" :) I can't wait for what's going to happen ;) there's no doubt, they have evolved

I wonder if blackheart is going to take down every member like the dark duel force did and then john will come and save the day.. or maybe one of the members of the duel force will survive and take blackheart down before that can happen :)

remember that backup plan that karen has in the works? well its time for that now, so the whole "everyone keeps losing to blackheart" thing is (almost) done. he almost has enough power now to control all three gods, which means that he'll soon go to recover the other two. when he does, the real plot for this book begins.

chapter seven

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

The Legend of Blackheart

Karen

I hung up the phone. Everything was arranged. It was time to call back the team. I dialed Monty’s phone. His answer sounded groggy, “Yeah?”

“You okay?”

“No,” he answered, “Blackheart got me and Sarah, and Max and Kristin.”

Dammit. “Okay, get back here. It’s time to put my plan into action. I’ll call Lawrence and Tucker. Can you handle everyone else?”

“Sure Boss. See you when we get there.”

He hung up. I called Lawrence and then Tucker, and then I sat back and waited.

Tucker and Amanda arrived first, followed by Rocky and Kimi. Then Max, Kristin, Sarah, and Monty. Jen and Lawrence showed up last. Jen was a little upset.

“You jabroni!” she cried. She grabbed me by the collar and pulled me to my feet. “You sent my sister out there alone and she was attacked. If Blackheart had wanted to he could have killed her!”

“No,” I said, slapping her hand away, “she wasn’t alone. She was with Max, one of the strongest Duelists we have. Maybe splitting us up was a bad idea. I don’t know. All I know is that we all agreed that we had to act, and that splitting into groups of two was our best chance of finding Blackheart.”

Jen glared at me for several more seconds, and then her face softened. ”Yeah,” she said, “you’re right, sorry.” She walked over to one of the couched across from me and sat down next to Kristin.

“Don’t worry,” I said, “it’s nothing. And anyway, that part of the plan is done. We need to know more about Blackheart, and I figured that if anyone would have knowledge that we needed it would be the man that gave the Duel Force its mission; Maxamillion Pegasus.”

“Pegasus?” said Rocky. “That’s right, he taught you a lot of what you know about dueling didn’t he?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “He still considers me his student, so he keeps in touch. I called him. He’s chartering us a jet to New York where we’ll find a car waiting to take us to the Industrial Illusions New York office. Our flight leaves in an hour. “

“Someone should stay behind to make sure Blackheart doesn’t cause too much trouble while you guys are gone,” said Lawrence. “I volunteer.”

“I’ll stay too,” said Rocky, “to make sure Lawrence doesn’t cause too much trouble.”

“Those of us who have already lost to Blackheart should stay too,” said Monty.

“Yeah,” said Sarah, “we’re still pretty wiped. We need a rest.”

“Alright,” I said, nodding, “Jen, Tucker, Amanda, Kimi, and I will go. The rest of you stay.”

“Karen,” said Max, “I think you should hang onto this.” He handed me a card. I was surprised when I saw it, but I nodded and placed it in my deck.

I led my team of four to the bus stop at the corner. A bus was due any minute. We’d take it to the airport and catch our flight. Hopefully the info that Teacher had for us would be worth it.

After arriving at the airport we located the I2 company car that was waiting for us. It took us to Pegasus’ New York office where we were led to a large conference room several floors up with wide windows overlooking the city. It was several minutes before anyone entered. When they did, it wasn’t Pegasus, but a secretary. “We at I2 are sorry for the inconvenience, but your meeting with Mr. Pegasus has been moved to his resort at the Duelist Kingdom.”

So we were driven back to the airport where we boarded another jet to Duelist Kingdom. As we flew toward our goal I couldn’t help but wonder what was happening back home.

Lawrence

I had managed to lose Rocky awhile ago and was patrolling the city alone. I knew that super goody two shoes Rocky would be at least a decent match for Blackheart alone, and I wanted to prove that I could stand up to him too.

It wasn’t too long before I saw him. He was walking strait toward me, full of confidence. He summoned the Dark Disk and stood to face me.

“It’s about time I found you Lawrence,” he said. “I have a special purpose for you.”

“Blah blah blah, whatever. Are we gonna duel or not?”

“Of course. I assume that if you win you want me to release this body and return to the darkness from which I came?”

“Yeah,” I said, “sure, whatever. My go.” I switched on my Duel Disk and drew my opening hand. “I start out with two ‘White Dragon Rituals’, sacrificing ‘Luster Dragon’ and ‘Spear Dragon’ in my hand to summon two copies of ‘Paladin of White Dragon’.” Two white-armored knights riding small white dragons appeared (ATK: 1900 (each)).

“Now,” I said, “I sacrifice my two ‘Paladins’ to summon two of the legendary ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’ from my deck.” The two knights disappeared, and they were replaced by two large white dragons with fierce blue eyes. They roared (ATK: 3000 (each)).

“Next,” I said, “I summon ‘The Light – Hexed-Sealed Fusion’, sacrificing all three monsters to summon a fusion monster.”

‘The Light’, a monster that looked like a jumble of light and flesh, and one of the dragons merged with the other dragon. There was a flash, and the dragon suddenly had two more heads. The three heads roared, “arise, ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’ (ATK: 4500)!”

“Finally, I play the last card in my hand, ‘Super Rejuvenation’. My turn ends and I draw six cards, one for every dragon that I sacrificed during my turn.”

I drew a whole new hand, and gave Blackheart a look that dared him to beat my combo.

“Impressive move,” said Blackheart. “I begin with ‘Pot of Greed’, drawing two cards.” He drew and looked over his new hand. “You summoned a very strong monster, but I can summon strong monsters too. I discard ‘Dark Creator’ to Special Summon ‘Dark Grepher’.” An evil-looking warrior appeared wearing black dragon skin armor and carrying a longsword (ATK: 1700).

“Next,” Blackheart said, “I activate ‘Dark Grepher’’s effect, discarding the Dark monster ‘Bowganian’ to discard the Dark monster ‘Blowback Dragon’ from my deck. Now, because I have exactly three Dark monsters in my Graveyard I can Special Summon my Spirit Monster, ‘Dark Armed Dragon’!”

Behind Blackheart in a swirl of dark light and wind appeared a figure. The wind dispersed, revealing a huge, armored black dragon with blades covering his body and sharp, vicious claws (ATK: 2800).

“My ‘Dark Armed Dragon’ has a power called Dark Blades,” Blackheart explained. “I remove ‘Blowback Dragon’ from play to destroy your ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’!” ‘Dark Armed Dragon’ slashed, creating a dark energy blade that flew toward my monster, slicing him in half down the middle.

“Finally,” said Blackheart, “I pay 2000 Life Points activate ‘Dimension Fusion’, summoning ‘Blowback Dragon’ to the field.” The air above my opponent rippled and the armless, pistol headed mechanical dragon appeared with a roar that sounded like grinding gears (ATK: 2300).

“‘Dark Grepher’, attack!” Blackheart commanded. The warrior ran toward me and slashed across my chest (8000-1700=6300).

“Now I activate ‘Limiter Removal’, doubling the attack of my ‘Blowback Dragon’ and I attack with him as well.” The mechanical dragon fired a single shot at me (ATK: 2300x2=4600/LP: 6300-4600=1700).

“And finally,” Blackheart said, “my Spirit attacks. ‘Dark Armed Dragon’, Black Flame Tornado!” ‘Dark Armed Dragon’ breathed fire that swirled into a funnel and slammed into me, throwing me to the ground (1700-2800=0).

Blackheart walked and stood over me. “Take my Soul,” I said. “I don’t give a rat’s ass.”

“I don’t want your Soul,” he said. “No, I have much bigger plans for you.” He turned and walked away.

Karen

Pegasus met us at the entrance to the castle and led us to a room filled with Egyptian artifacts. There was an enlarged photo of a large Egyptian tablet on the wall. Pegasus went to stand by the photo. “This,” he said, “as some of you know, is the tablet telling of the legendary Forgotten Duelist. The final passage here was until recently untranslatable. I could find no one with the knowledge to decipher such a dialect. But just recently I was able to read it with only a simple understanding of hieroglyphics. It tells of the return of the Duelist’s dark side in much greater detail.

“The passage is a prophesy,” said Pegasus, “meant to warn of the danger that will arise immediately upon the dark side’s return. It says that as the Duelist’s return draws near, his dark side will manifest in the body of the new Duelist, taking it and all power associated with it for his own purposes. It also says that his dark reach would break the Duelist’s Souls and put allegiances to the test.”

He stopped talking.

“That’s all?” I asked. “Nothing about how to stop him?”

“No,” said Pegasus, “but I don’t think you need to worry about that. The symbols referring to the Duelist’s return being near, when used in this context, mean very near. Blackheart doesn’t know it, but soon the Duelist will be back, ready to destroy him. You just have to delay Blackheart until it can happen.”

DarkArmedDragonPTDN-EN-ScR.png

Next Chapter Return of the Dark Duel Force

chapter eight

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

Return of the Dark Duel Force

Pegasus’ words filled us with new hope. It was late, so Pegasus let us stay in the castle, giving us plenty of time to dwell on his statement.

The others were heading to there rooms, but I hung back. I wanted to talk to Teacher alone. He had his assistant get us some tea, and we sat down at the table in Teacher’s Egyptology room. He was a good friend. Someone I could talk to. And with all that was going, I needed to talk to someone.

“Karen, my best student. What can I do for you?”

“Aside from the looming threat of death, I’m doing pretty well. I have a home and friends. I’m happier than I’ve been since my parents…you know.”

“Anything else?” he asked. I smiled. His perception was impressive, as always.

I sighed and sipped my tea, “Well, I kinda met someone, but I don’t know how he feels.”

He smiled, “I’m sure that if he doesn’t feel the same way now he’ll come around.”

We sat there for awhile in silence. Finally I asked him the question that was my real reason for staying behind. “Teacher, what exactly does the tablet say about the battle between the Duelist and Blackheart?”

“What’s bothering you?” he asked.

“Well, does it, I mean, well, does it say for sure that the Duelist will win? Is it a guarantee?”

He sighed, “You would ask the hard questions, wouldn’t you? The short answer is no. The tablet says that the Duelist is a being of amazing strategic skill, surpassed only by the Unnamed Pharaoh, the greatest gamer to ever live. But it also says that Blackheart is the Duelist, so it could go either way. Blackheart is more ambitious than the Duelist, but the Duelist is more level headed. Neither has a clear advantage over the other.”

“What happens if the Duelist loses?” I asked.

“The tablet doesn’t say anything specific, but it does say that it will be horrible and far-reaching enough to affect the entire world.”

“Wow,” I said, dripping sarcasm, “awesome.”

“Have faith,” Teacher said, “and stay strong. Things will be alright. Oh, and speaking of strong, I have something for you that should help you if you have to fight Blackheart again.” He reached into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a deck of cards. “Use these as you will. They’re yours now.”

I went to my room and went through the cards that I had been given, adding many of them to my deck. I was trying to sleep when my Soul alerted me of a presence outside my window. I looked outside, and what I saw made me jump. I jumped out of bed and ran for the window, but the figure was gone. I grabbed my Duel Disk and deck and threw my window open, giving chase.

The figure’s trail led me to a large clearing, lit by a full moon, where I found Jen, Tucker, Amanda, and Kimi.

“So you saw them too?” I asked.

“Yeah,” said Tucker.

“So I’m not crazy. They really are back.”

That’s right, Duel Force,” stated a familiar voice from the shadows at the opposite side of the clearing. They stepped out of the shadows. Ghost Ruler, Beast Ruler, Warrior Ruler, Guardian Ruler, and Archfiend Ruler. The Dark Duel Force.

“How’d you find us?” Kimi asked.

“And what do you want?” I asked.

“We found you by locking onto the strongest source of Soul Energy,” said the muscular, blond Guardian Ruler.

“With Yami dead,” said the young spiky-haired man, Archfiend Ruler, “leadership of the Duelists of the Order of the Divine Cards is up for grabs. We plan to seize it.”

“If we were to each gain possession of a Duelist’s Soul,” said the roughly twenty-year-old War Ruler, “it would go a long way toward solidifying our new position.”

“Why should we duel you?” Tucker asked.

“Because,” said Beast Ruler, the youngest of the group, “we won’t let you leave until you do.”

We looked around. We were trapped. Surrounded by Shadows. There was no escape. The Shadow Game had already begun.

“I’m dueling first this time,” said the maniacal, white-haired Ghost Ruler. “This Shadow Game is a group spell,” he said. “you will have to defeat each of us to break it, and if even one of you loses, all of you will be forced to forfeit your Souls.”

“Then in that case,” I said, “I’ll duel.”

I moved to step forward, but Amanda cut me off. “You’ve been through a lot recently,” she said. I’ll take the first one. Besides, ever since you guys told me about the Dark Duel Force I’ve wanted to fight them myself. I have an idea too. Your rules aren’t fair, but we’ll let you keep them if you agree to one of our terms. If we beat you, you have to give up your Shadow Items.”

“Shadow Items for Souls,” said Fiend thoughtfully. “Sounds fair. You’re on.”

“I move first,” said Ghost. “I begin with ‘Malice Doll of Demise’.” A wooden doll the size of a child appeared at his feet (ATK: 1600).

“Next,” Ghost said, “I activate the Continuous Spell ‘Ectoplasmer’. Now, at the end of each of our turns we must sacrifice one face-up monster to deal damage to our opponent equal to half the attack of that monster. And when my ‘Doll’ is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell, he returns in my next Standby Phase.

“I place two cards face-down and end my turn. ‘Malice Doll’, give your spirit to ‘Ectoplasmer’. Soul Attack!”

The ‘Malice Doll’’s body collapsed, becoming completely lifeless. Its ghostly spirit rose from its body and flew strait at Amanda, plunging strait through her chest (8000-800=7200).

“Wow!” she said, “that was so cool!” She drew her sixth card and looked at her hand. Then she looked back up at Ghost and said, “I don’t know much about cards other than my own, but if I counted right, I just won.”

She selected a card from her hand, “I start out with ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ in attack mode,” a woman with long red hair and feathered wings for arms, wearing purple metallic armor and carrying a whip, appeared on Amanda’s field (ATK: 1800). “Next I play ‘Harpie’s Hunting Ground’, increasing the attack of all of my monsters by 200.” A massive updraft rose up all around us (1800+200=2000).

“Next,” Amanda said, “I play two copies of ‘Elegant Egotist’, summoning two ‘Harpie Lady Sisters’.” Two groups of three ‘Harpies’ appeared, wearing golden armor instead of purple armor (ATK: 1950+200=2150 (each)).

“Thanks to ‘Hunting Ground’,” Amanda explained, “my ‘Harpies’ attack your face-down cards as they come into play.”

The two ‘Sisters’ crushed Ghost’s two face-down cards and then flew back to Amanda’s side. Ghost discarded his cards; ‘Zoma the Spirit’ and ‘Fires of Doomsday’.

“Finally,” said Amanda, “I activate ‘Triangle Ecstasy Spark’, raising the Attack of my ‘Sisters’ to 2700 each, and I attack with all three of my monsters.” Two X-shaped energy beams and a whip lash tore at Ghost, ripping the front of his skull pattern t-shirt (8000-2700-2700-2000=600). “I end my turn, and I sacrifice ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ for the effect of ‘Ectoplasmer’.”

“No!” said Ghost, fear in his eyes.

“’Harpie’, said Amanda, “Spirit Attack!” The soul of the monster struck and Ghost Ruler’s Life Points fell to zero.

“Well well,” said Fiend, “you seem to have failed me again, Ghost.” His aura flared up, and his eyes glowed black. “Give them your Item and get out of my sight.”

Ghost Ruler, frightened for probably the first time in his life, dropped the Shadow Bracelet in the grass and ran into the darkness.

Jen

“Sorry about him,” said Fiend. “For all he says about being the master of fear, he’s really just a big baby. Beast Ruler, you’re up next.”

“I’ve got this one,” I said. “I owe this guy some payback for what he did to me last time.”

“Delicious,” said Beast Ruler, snarling. “Show me how much stronger you’ve become Bug Duelist. Show me your power!”

“Summon,” I said, “my ‘Insect Knight’ in attack mode.” An insect wearing armor and carrying a shield and sword appeared at my side (ATK: 1900).

“I also place one card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn.”

“You’re as weak as ever,” said Beast Ruler. “I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’!”

A wind picked up, tearing strait through the hologram of my face-down ‘Option Hunter’ card.

“Then I summon one of my strongest beats,” he said. An orange-furred gorilla appeared, “I summon ‘Berserk Gorilla’ (ATK: 2000). Kill the ‘Insect Knight’!”

The ape punched my ‘Insect’, crushing it under his immense strength (8000+1900-2000=7900).

“Now I place three cards face-down, and I end my turn.” He laughed, licking his lips. He was just as eager for a fight as ever.

“Finally,” I said, “I can go. I begin my turn with ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive my ‘Insect Knight’. Next I play ‘Multiplication of Insects’

154661ll0.jpg to split him into two monsters.” The ‘Insect’ returned from the dead and split into two exact copies of itself (ATK: 950 (each)).

“Now,” I said, “I sacrifice my two Token Monsters-.”

“Not so fast,” said Beast. “Reveal ‘Token Feastevil’ to destroy every Token in play and deal you 300 damage for each one. And to ‘Feastevil’ I chain ‘Ojama Trio’, summoning three ‘Ojama Tokens’ to your side of the field.” Three small creatures in speedos appeared.

“But I’m not done,” said Beast. “I also chain ‘Scapegoat’, summoning four ‘Sheep Tokens’ to my side of the field.” Four fur balls with goat horns, one of them blue, one of them green, one of them red, and one of them orange, appeared just before all of the Token Monsters were destroyed. I took 300 damage for each Token that was destroyed, and another 300 for the effects of the three ‘Ojamas’ (7900-(300x9)=5200/5200-(300x3)=4300).

“I set a card,” I said. “Go.”

“I draw,” said Beast, “and summon ‘Des Kangaroo’.” A kangaroo wearing boxing gloves appeared, shuffling his feet and punching the air (ATK: 1500). “’Kangaroo’, attack!” The newest beast lunged at me and punched me in the face, splitting my lit. Blood filled the corner of my mouth. I reached up and wiped it away (4300-1500=2800).

“Now I attack with my ‘Berserk Gorilla’.” The ‘Gorilla’ ran at me, his fist raised.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Enchanted Javelin’.” A spear appeared in my. I held it out and a barrier came up around me. The ‘Gorilla’’s fist hit the barrier (2800+2000=4800). Then his fist broke through, punching me in the gut. I dropped the spear and it disappeared (4800-2000=2800).

“I place a card face-down,” said Beast, “and I activate ‘Card of Demise’,

154661xn0.jpg letting me draw until I hold five cards.” He drew and looked at his hand. “One more face-down card. End turn.”

This is bad, I thought, drawing my card. I looked at it, But I think it just got better!

“I set two cards of my own,” I declared, “and activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting us each draw until we hold six cards. You get two, and I get six!”

I looked over my new hand. Yeah, I thought, this should work.

“I summon ‘Larvae Moth’ in defense mode and equip it with the ‘Cocoon of Evolution’.” A green worm with a spike on its head appeared, shooting sticky thread from its head and feet. Soon it was a huge cocoon, pulsing with new life (DEF: 2000).

“So, what,” said Beast, “you’re gonna wait for your monster to evolve? Kinda weak don’t ya think?”

I didn’t answer.

“Fine,” he said. “Activate ‘Heavy Storm’ to destroy your Spell and Trap cards, including your ‘Cocoon’.”

I smiled, “Sorry. Reveal ‘Curse of Royal’, negating your Spell effect.”

A huge wind picked up all around us, but it died down as soon as it picked up.

“Then I sacrifice ‘Berserk Gorilla’ and ‘Des Kangaroo’ to summon my spirit, ‘Behemoth the King of All Animals’!” A massive purple beast wing huge horns and razor sharp claws appeared with a roar (ATK: 2700). “When I Normal Summon ‘Behemoth’, I can return as many monsters from my Graveyard to my hand as I sacrificed to summon him, so I return ‘Gorilla’ and Kangaroo’ to my hand.” He took two cards out of his Grave.

“’Behemoth’, attack!”

‘Behemoth’ struck with his claws, but before they could hit the massive beast floated up into the air where he was destroyed, reduced to a thick smoke.

“H-how?”

I smiled, “Easy. ‘Zero Gravity’ plus ‘Tragedy’.

Beast growled, “Fine. Turn end.” He discarded down to six cards, discarding ‘Maji-Gire Panda’

“That’s what I like to hear. Draw! Reveal ‘Pyro Clock of Destiny’ to increase the evolution of my cocoon by an extra turn. Then I play ‘Graceful Charity’.” I drew three cards and discarded two.

“Wow,” I said, “look what I drew. ‘Pot of Greed’, which lets me draw two more cards.” I drew again and examined my hand.

“I remove from play three Insects in my Graveyard; ‘Insect Knight’, ‘Arsenal Bug’, and ‘Metal Armored Bug’. This lets me Special Summon ‘Doom Dozer’ and ‘Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior’!”

From the ground behind me burst two massive segmented worms with a hundred clawed legs apiece; the red ‘Doom Dozer’ with black plates running down its back (ATK: 2800), and the smaller green ‘Aztekipede’, with razor sharp pincher (ATK: 1900).

“The two worms attack directly,” I commanded. The two massive monsters reached forward and slammed into Beast, throwing him onto his back. He rose to his feet quickly, but the damage was done (8000-2800-1900=3300).

“The effects of my monsters force you to discard two cards from the top of your deck.”

Beast threw his two cards away. I couldn’t see what they were.

“That ends my turn,” I said, and Beast drew. He saw his newest card and smiled wide, laughing wickedly.

“Go ahead and summon your ‘Moth’,” said Beast, “because I’m about to summon a monster that will put even the ‘Great Moth’ to shame. With ‘Polymerization’ I fuse ‘Big Koala’ and ‘Des Kangaroo’ into the most powerful cards Beast in the game!”

A massive blue-furred koala appeared alongside ‘Des Kangaroo’. The two merged into a thirty-foot-tall kangaroo with a koala’s head, wearing a vest and boxing gloves and carrying a championship belt over his shoulder.

“Presenting,” he said, “the ‘Master of Oz’ (ATK: 4200)! But I’m not done. I summon ‘Berserk Gorilla’ as well, play ‘Poison Fang’, and I attack both of your monsters.”

‘Berserk Gorilla’ ran up to the smaller worm and jumped at him, punching strait through him (2800+1900-2000=2700), and ‘Master of Oz’ punched the larger worm, literally crushing him under his massive fist (2700+2800-4200=1300). The Spell card ‘Poison Fang’ kicked in and my Life Points fell even further (1300-1000=300).

“You’re just as strong as before,” I said.

“Oh yeah,” said Beast, “I rule.”

“I’m not done!” I cried. My Soul flashed and Beast took a nervous step back. “You are just as strong as before,” I said, “but I’ve gotten much stronger. I draw, and I activate another ‘Pyro Clock’, moving the turn count forward an extra turn. Now my ‘Cocoon’ opens, revealing the ‘Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth’!”

The ‘Cocoon’ tore open and a massive moth emerged with a huge body and broad, beautifully patterned blue wings. He flapped his glistening wings and rose into the air, spreading sparkling blue powder over the field (ATK: 3500).

“Your Moth can’t touch my ‘Oz’,” Beast said, “and attacking ‘Gorilla’ won’t matter. Reveal ‘Beast Soul Swap’ to return ‘Gorilla’ to my hand and then Special Summon my ‘Mad Dog of Darkness’ to the field in defense mode.”

A massive dog with horns and razor sharp claws appeared (DEF: 1400).

“My monster can most definitely touch your ‘Oz’,” I said. “Activate ‘Riryoku’, stealing half of your monsters attack and giving it to my monster!”

Energy transferred from the massive ‘Master of Oz’ into the equally large ‘Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth’ (ATK of ‘Oz’: 2100/ATK of ‘Moth’: 5600).

“’Moth’,” I commanded, “attack, Great Whirlwind!” The massive moth flapped his wings, summoning a tornado that engulfed the ‘Master of Oz’, ripping him to shreds. The whirlwind carried through and hit my opponent, throwing him through the air (3300+2100-5600=0)

PerfectlyUltimateGreatMothTSC-EN-ScR.jpg

Next Chapter Round Two

so here is chapter nine. five members of the duel force are locked in a deadly struggle against their old enemies the dark duel force. in this shadow game, even a single loss means the end...

[spoiler=Chapter Nine]

Round Two

Karen

“That’s not possible,” said Beast Ruler disbelievingly. “How could you be stronger than me?”

“I told you,” Jen answered. “Your arrogance caused you to remain at the same level of strength, while my power grew. You are arrogant,” she said, addressing the other three members of the Dark Duel Force now as well, “but we have no such failing. Your arrogance strips you of your desire to become better than you are and you remain where you are while those around you continue to grow stronger.”

Jen walked over and tore the Shadow Necklace from around Beast Ruler’s neck.

“I’ll go next,” said War Ruler. He looked over at Fiend, and Fiend nodded. War Ruler stepped forward.

“I’ll take this one,” said Kimi.

I put my hand on her shoulder, “You sure? This guy’s strong.”

“I know,” she said. She looked over at me and smiled confidently. “I have to fight someone strong so that you can all see just how strong I’ve gotten. I can’t let you guys all show me up after all.”

I nodded, “Okay.”

Kimi stepped up to face War Ruler.

Kimi

I was nervous. My last encounter with the Dark Duel Force hadn’t gone well. But with every other member of the team stepping up, I felt I had to step up too.

“I move first if you don’t mind,” said War (LP: 8000).

“Go ahead,” I replied.

“I place five cards face-down,” said War, “and summon my Spirit, ‘Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight’!”

The blue-armor-clad knight appeared riding his purple steed, a lance in each hand (ATK: 2300).

“Reveal,” said War, “the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two cards. Next I reveal ‘Graceful Charity’ to draw three cards and then discard two.” He drew three cards and then sent ‘Gaia the Fierce Knight’ and ‘Earth Effigy’

“And finally,” said War Ruler, “I reveal ‘Monster Reborn’, calling ‘Gaia’ from the Graveyard.” A second mounted knight appeared, riding a burst of wind (ATK: 2300).

“’Gaia’ cards, huh? Good move. Two level seven monsters in the first turn with no sacrifices. And I don’t have anything on hand that can beat them, so I’ll just have to draw a few more cards. I summon my ‘Agent of Wisdom – Mercury’ in defense mode.” A tall male angel appeared, holding a book under his arm (DEF: 1700).

“Next,” I said, “I play ‘Double Summon’, summoning a second ‘Mercury’ in defense mode as well (DEF: 1700). Then I equip each of my ‘Mercury’ monsters with ‘Heart of Clear Water’.” Each of the two angels was surrounded by a transparent barrier. “Finally,” I said, “I place the last card in my hand face-down and end my turn.”

“You might have placed your monsters in defense mode and made them indestructible in battle,” said War, “but that won’t protect you. Reveal ‘Spiral Spear Strike’. Both of my monsters are piercing while this card is in play.

“’Gaia’ and ‘Swift Gaia’, Spiral Spear Strike!” The two knights charged forward and stabbed at the two angel monsters. The spears hit the barriers and were repelled, but the wind that surrounded the spears curled around the barriers and hit me hard, like a punch to the gut (8000+1700+1700-2300-2300=6800).

“I reveal ‘Jar of Greed’,” said War Ruler, “drawing one card from my deck, and I end my turn.”

“When you do,” I announced, “I reveal ‘Solemn Wishes’. Now each time I draw one or more cards I recover 500 Life Points. And thanks to the effects of my two ‘Agent Mercury’ cards, I draw two more times this turn.” I drew three cards, and my Life Points increased (6800+(500x3)=8300). “Next I summon my ‘Agent of Creation – Venus’ in defense mode, and I pay 1000 Life Points (8300-1000=7300), summoning two of the glass orbs ‘Mystic Shine Ball’ in defense mode as well (DEF of ‘Venus’: 0/DEF: of ‘Shine Balls’: 500 (each)).

“I end my turn with a new face-down card and the Field Spell ‘Sanctuary in the Sky’.” The scenery around us changed. We suddenly found ourselves standing in the clouds, light pouring over us. Behind me stood a large white roman-style temple, the source of the light.

“While ‘Sanctuary’ is out,” I said, “I don’t take battle damage from any battle involving my Fairy Type monsters.”

“Maybe I can’t deal you battle damage,” said War, “but I can still destroy your monsters. My ‘Gaia’ monsters attack your ‘Shine Balls’.”

The knights attacked, and the orbs shattered.

“When my turn begins,” I said, “I draw three times again (7300+(500x3)=8800). Next I play ‘Card of Sanctity’ to draw four more cards.” I drew again (8800+500=9300).

“Next I play ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and discarding two.” I drew again, tossing two cards into the Graveyard (9300+500=9800).

I selected a card from my hand, “I summon ‘Agent of Force – Mars’ in attack mode. He begins with zero Attack Points, but he gains Attack equal to the difference between our Life points as long as my Life Points are higher than yours. I also equip him with ‘Cestus of Dagla’, increasing his Attack by another 500 points.” The red-skinned angel, ‘Mars’, appeared at my side, a war hammer hanging from his belt. A curved blade appeared in each of his hands (ATK: 0+1800+500=2300).

“Your monster is strong,” War said, “but he can’t kill my ‘Gaia’. And thanks to your ‘Card of Sanctity’’s effect, I drew exactly what I needed. ‘Metamorphosis’ will transform one of my ‘Gaia’ monsters into his most powerful form; ‘Gaia the Dragon Champion’!” One of his monsters’ horses became a yellow, spiked dragon. ‘Gaia’’s new mount flapped his wings, and he and the knight took to the air together (ATK: 2600).

“’Gaia the Dragon Champion’, attack ‘Mars’.”

The dragon-mounted knight swooped toward my angel.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Solar Ray’.” A beam from each of my monsters struck War Ruler and his Life Points fell (8000-2400=5600). The Attack of my monster more than doubled (2300+2400=4700). ‘Mars swung the ‘Cestus of Dagla’ and cut ‘Gaia’ in half, dragon and all (5600+2600-4700=3500). “The effect of my ‘Cestus’ kicks in,” I said, “increasing my Life Points by an amount equal to the damage you took (9800+2100=11,900).

“I place a card face-down,” said War Ruler.

“Too late,” I said. “I sacrifice ‘Mars’ to summon another ‘Agent’, the ‘Agent of Judgment – Saturn’!”

Another male angel replaced the first. His skin was deep blue, and he held his arms out at his sides. A brilliant light built around him, pouring down over War Ruler. He covered his eyes.

“’Saturn’,” I commanded, “Finishing Attack Special Ability Burning Light!”

‘Saturn’ merged with the light and fired strait at War Ruler. “My attack deals damage equal to the difference between our Life Points (Total Damage: 8400).” War Ruler stumbled back as my monsters faded away.

War Ruler regained his footing. He looked into my eyes, and then slowly he took the Shadow Dagger from his belt, walked over, and handed it to me. Then he turned and walked away.

Tucker

Three of the Dark Duel Force had already been beaten. I had my eyes on Guardian Ruler as an opponent, and based on the glaring look that he’d been giving me, he wanted to duel me as well.

“My turn,” said Guard, stepping forward. I stepped forward to meet him.

“Are you ready for our rematch boy?” he asked.

“Of course,” I replied.

“Then I’ll begin. I place three cards face-down and set a monster. That’s all.”

“My turn. I play ‘Painful Choice’. I search my deck for five cards, show them to you, and you pick one. That card is added to my hand, and the rest are discarded to my Graveyard.”

I selected five cards and placed them on my Duel Disk. They were ‘Hinotama Soul’, ‘Tyrant Dragon’, ‘Flame Ruler’, ‘Charcoal Inpachi’, and ‘Blazing Inpachi’.

“Add ‘Hinotama Soul’ to your hand,” said Guard.

I did as I was told.

“Activate,” I said, “the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’. I draw three cards and then I discard ‘Hinotama Soul’ and ‘Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective’. Next I play ‘Soul Release’. Now each time a card is removed from play I gain 500 Life Points.

“I follow up by removing ‘Hinotama Soul’ and ‘Gaia Soul’ from play to summon ‘Spirit of Flames’ and ‘Inferno’ (LP: 8000+1000=9000).” A red-skinned fire demon with horns and a floating living flame appeared on my field. “I sacrifice both monsters,” I said, “for the ‘Infernal Flame Emperor’!” A being of flames with wings, a man’s torso, and a body like a lion appeared (ATK: 2700).

“When ‘Infernal Flame Emperor’ is summoned I remove three Fire monsters in my Graveyard from play to destroy three Spell or Trap cards (9000+1500=10,500).” Three pillars of fire appeared around Guard’s Spell and Trap cards, burning then to ashes.

“My ‘Flame Emperor’ attacks your face-down monster,” I declared. The monster threw a huge fireball at Guard’s monster. It was revealed as a huge statue with massive arms; the ‘Guardian Statue’ (DEF: 1100). My monster’s attack was about to hit it when three robed priests appeared, summoning a barrier to block the attack.

“Of course you would chain ‘Waboku’,” I said. I hate ‘Waboku’.

“I finish my turn,” I declared, “by placing one card face-down, and activating ‘Burial from a Different Dimension’, returning ‘Gaia Soul’, ‘Flame Ruler’, and ‘Tyrant Dragon’ to my Graveyard.”

“Draw,” said Guard, “and I activate ‘Guardian Statue’’s effect, flipping him into face-down defense position. Then I Flip-Summon him again, returning one of your monsters to your hand.”

My ‘Infernal Flame Emperor’ disappeared, returned to his card, leaving me wide open.

“I sacrifice ‘Guardian Statue’ and discard a card to play ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce’ and ‘Guardian Tryce’.” The swiftest Guardian Monster, the yellow clad ‘Tryce’, appeared on Guard’s field with a thin sword in each hand (ATK: 1900-500=1400). “While equipped with the ‘Twin Swords’,” Guard explained, “my ‘Guardian Tryce’ can attack twice each turn. Double Flash Blade Attack!”

The Guardian Monster struck me once with his first sword (10,500-1400=9100), raised the second sword, and exploded.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Continuous Trap ‘Des Counterblow’, destroying your monster.”

“Interesting,” said Guard. “But when ‘Tryce’ is destroyed I revive the monster that I sacrificed to summon him.” The massive living statue appeared. “’Statue’, attack!” The statue raised his massive fist and punched me, knocking me onto my back (9100-600=8500).

“My ‘Des Counterblow’ kicks in again,” I said, “and your ‘Statue’ is destroyed.” The monster exploded.

“I draw and play ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two more cards.” I selected another card from my hand. “I activate the Continuous Spell card ‘Dark Room of Nightmare’, increasing all of the effect damage that I deal to you by 300. Next I play ‘Tremendous Fire’, dealing you 1000 plus 300 damage and dealing me 500 damage, and ‘Meteor of Destruction’, dealing you 1000 plus 300 damage.”

A massive flame flared up, hitting us both (8000-1000-300=6700/8500-500=8000), and a fireball formed in the sky, flying toward Guard and hitting him dead on (6700-1000-300=5400).

“I end my turn,” I said, “by placing three cards face-down.”

“Then it’s time,” said Guard, “to summon one of my monster powerful Guardian Monsters. I activate ‘Giant Trunade’ to return all Spell and Trap cards on the field to their owners’ hands.”

“No way,” I said. “Counter Trap ‘Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell’. I discard a Spell to cancel your Spell and seal it. No Spell with that name can be used this duel.”

A glowing ring appeared beneath the hologram of the ‘Giant Trunade’ Spell card, and both the card and the ring faded away.

“In that case,” said Guard, “I reveal ‘Dust Tornado’, destroying ‘Des Counterblow’.” A dust devil picked up, tearing my Trap card hologram apart.

“I also place two cards face-down and play ‘Gravity Axe – Grarl’, letting me summon ‘Guardian Grarl’ from my hand.” A twelve-foot-tall dinosaur man with the posture of a gorilla appeared and picked up his axe (ATK: 2500+500=3000).

“‘Grarl’,” Guard commanded, “attack!”

The Guardian Monster charged and raised his axe, only to find himself ensnared by a ring, attached to which were several active grenades. The grenades exploded and I said, “When ‘Ring of Destruction’ destroys its target we each take damage equal to his Attack.”

Fire washed over Guard, dealing him damage (5400-3000=2400), and as far as anyone could tell, the same thing happened to me, that is until the flames on my half of the field began to swirl toward a single point. The flames were completely sucked up into a small pistol resting in my outstretched hand.

“Reveal, ‘Barrel Behind the Door’,” I said, “absorbing the damage that I would have taken and redirecting it toward another player.”

I aimed the pistol at Guard and fired. A swirling billow of fire shot from the gun barrel and hit Guard in the gut, knocking him onto his back (LP: 2400-3000=0)

TheAgentofJudgment-SaturnCP03-EN-R-UE.jpg

Next Chapter Karen’s New Deck; Total Control!

chapter ten is up. Karen shows her full power!

[spoiler=Chapter Ten]

Karen’s New Deck; Total Control!

Karen

“Your team has been defeated,” I said to Archfiend Ruler.

Tucker, who was standing over his still unconscious opponent said, “Karen, I think he might be dead.”

“He’s fine,” I snapped. This was no time for goofing off.

“My team may have lost,” said Archfiend Ruler, smiling with a calculating confidence, “but you know firsthand that I am stronger than them. Strong enough to beat each of you on my own.”

“I don’t know anything,” I said, “except that it took two of us to beat nearly every single member of your team last time, but this time we’ve been beating you one-on-one. If your power, or lack thereof, follows the same pattern as your teammates’, then I don’t even think you can beat me.” I switched on my Duel Disk, “So what do you say, Fiend? You up for a rematch?”

“Definitely,” said Fiend, licking his lips anxiously. “I play the Field Spell ‘Pandemonium’!” curved spires rose up out of the ground around us and the air was filled with a greenish fog. “Because I have the field ‘Pandemonium’ in play I can now summon one of the strongest four star Archfiends, the ‘Archfiend General’.” An orange-skinned skeletal demon with a sword appeared.

“Next I sat a card and I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and then discarding two. Next up I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards. Now I have everything that I need. I set another card, and I end my turn.”

“My move then,” I said. “I place two cards of my own face-down, and I pay 1000 Life Points to activate ‘Toon World’ (8000-1000=7000)!”

A green book appeared and opened, releasing a cloud of pink smoke as it fell open. The pink smoke cleared and two figures became visible; a large round lizard shaped like a balloon that floated in the air, and a caricaturized mermaid lying in a clam shell, carrying a bow.

“With ‘Toon World’ out I can now summon ‘Toon Mermaid’ and ‘Toon Balloon Lizard’ (ATK: 1400/ATK: 500). I end my turn.”

154661po7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while "Toon World" is on your side the field. This card cannot attack in the turn that it is Summoned. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy a number of Spell or Trap Cards that your opponent controls equal to the number of turns that this card was on the field divided by 4. When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, your must select the Toon Monster as an attack target.

“At the End Phase of your turn,” said Fiend, “I reveal the Trap card ‘Archfiend’s Roar’. I pay 500 Life Points (8000-500=7500) to summon my ‘Terrorking Archfiend’ from the Graveyard until the end of the turn when it’s destroyed again.”

The king of Archfiends, wearing his cape that doubled as wings and carrying his massive sword, appeared out of the ground, dying seconds later. But I’d seen this move before.

“Now,” said Fiend, “I discard ‘Desrook Archfiend’ to return ‘Terrorking’ to the field.”

The ‘Terrorking’ rose from the ground again with a mighty roar (ATK: 2000).

“Now for my turn,” said Fiend, “I summon ‘Darkbishop Archfiend’ in attack mode,” the blue staff-wielding demon appeared (ATK: 300), “and attack ‘Toon Balloon Lizard’ with ‘Archfiend General’!”

The much more powerful ‘Archfiend General’ raised his blade and charged, bearing down on the lizard, only to find that all he hit was pink smoke. Both the lizard and the mermaid had suddenly disappeared into the book which slammed shut tight.

“I reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Toon Defense’. Now whenever you attack a level four or lower Toon Monster I can make that attack a direct attack.”

“In that case,” Fiend stated with a smirk, “I attack you directly.” The ‘General’ raised his sword yet again and bore down on me. He swung, and his blade was repelled by an invisible barrier.

I waved my finger tisk-tiskingly at Fiend and said, “Sorry, but I have another card. I reveal ‘Spirit Barrier’.”

Fiend smiled. “I got a pretty good look at your deck last time we dueled,” he said. “You didn’t have that ‘Toon Defense’ card last time.”

“That’s right,” I said, “I’m impressed that you picked that up. I recently updated my deck using a little gift I received. My teacher, the original Toon Deck Master Maxamillion Pegasus gave me his deck. I now possess every Toon Monster as well as every support card that goes with them.”

“It’s not like it matters,” said Fiend. “Even with a powerful deck, a weak Duelist is still a weak Duelist.”

I ignored him. He was wrong. I’d felt for awhile that my deck didn’t fit me anymore, but now I was finally starting to feel that my deck was becoming mine again. With this deck I could do anything. After losing so many times recently I hadn’t been able to predict my opponent’s moves the way I used to, but it was suddenly so clear. I knew that Archfiend Ruler would lose, and I knew how it would happen.

“I place a card face-down,” said Fiend, “and I end my turn.”

“Then here goes,” I said. “I remove ‘Toon Balloon Lizard’ from the book and sacrifice him the cartoon version of my favorite monster.” The lizard disappeared into the smoke, and from it emerged a cartoon of a young woman in a blue dress with pink trim. She wore a pointed hat and carried a short staff as a wand.

“Meet my ‘Toon Dark Magician Girl’ (ATK: 2000)!”

I looked Fiend in the eyes and gave my command. “’Toon Dark Magician Girl’, attack directly with Dark Burning Attack!”

My monster giggled and aimed her staff, firing waves of dark energy at Fiend. They were about to hit him when they were deflected by a barrier identical to mine.

“Did you think,” he asked, “that you were the only one with a ‘Spirit Barrier’

I scowled. That one had been a bit unexpected. “In that case I pay 500 Life Points (7000-500=6500) to attack ‘Darkbishop’ with ‘Toon Mermaid’, Animated Archery!”

‘Toon Mermaid’ loaded an arrow and took aim with her bow, letting her arrow fly. But before the arrow could hit its mark it was deflected by the swords of two of the sword-armed demons, ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’.

“Impressive,” I said. “How’d you pull that one off?”

“Simple,” he replied. “I activated ‘Ultimate Offering’ and gave up 1000 of my Life Points to summon two ‘Vilepawn Archfiends’ (7500-1000=6500). And as you know, when two ‘Vilepawns’ are out at once, my Archfiend Monsters are impervious to attack.”

“I summon another Toon,” I said, “my ‘Toon Goblin Attack Force’.” Eight cartoon goblins appeared, goofing around and swinging the clubs that they carried (ATK: 2300).

“Is that supposed to scare me?” Fiend asked. “Say goodbye to your favorite monster. ‘Archfiend General’, attack the ‘Toon Dark Magician Girl’!”

The demon general raised his sword over his head and swung it down. My monster raised her staff in an attempt to block, but the blade went strait through, cutting her to ribbons. My Life Points remained the same.

I looked Fiend in the eyes and pulled my next card. I showed it to my opponent and said, “Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting us both draw until we hold six cards.” I played the card and drew my new hand. Without looking I chose one of the cards I’d just drawn and played it, “Next I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your ‘Spirit Barrier’.” A burst of wind hit the hologram of my opponent’s Trap and tore it to pieces.

“Now I combine the Spell card ‘Monster Reborn’ with the magic of ‘Toon World’ to return my ‘Toon Dark Magician Girl’ to the field.”

Smoke poured from the book and there was a flash. From the smoke burst the cartoon sorceress, twirling her staff (ATK: 2000).

“‘Toon Mermaid’, and ‘Toon Goblin Attack Force’, attack directly!”

The mermaid fired an arrow up that fell down and hit Fiend in his shoulder, just before the goblins stormed Fiend’s field, pushing the Archfiends out of the way and hitting Fiend with there clubs (6500-1400-2300=2800).

“Now,” I said as the goblins ran back to me, “I activate ‘Rush Recklessly’ and attack with my ‘Toon Dark Magician Girl’, Dark Burning (ATK: 2000+700=2700)!”

The sorceress flew over Fiend’s monsters’ heads and thrust her staff, catching Fiend in the abdomen. Then she fired her attack at close range, pushing Fiend back. Somehow he managed to remain standing as he was pushed back ten feet and his Life Points fell (2800-2700=100).

“Now I end my turn,” I said, “with the Spell card ‘Giant Trunade’, returning every Spell and Trap on the field to their owners’ hands.” Every Spell or Trap hologram as well as the book, ‘Toon World’ and the very landscape around us disappeared. My turn ended as the forest around us again came into view, and Fiend’s turn began. Without his Field Spell the ‘Archfiend General’’s effect kicked in, destroying him. He melted into smoke. Then the remaining monsters turned to their master. They expected a Life Point offering to appease them.

Fiend looked into their eyes and said, “I have no Life to give you.”

‘Terrorking’ grabbed him by the neck, picked him up and threw him to the ground. Then the remaining Archfiends died as well, leaving Fiend wide open. He was stunned, too much so to do anything except stand. I drew to begin my turn. I looked down at my newest card and was shocked.

Well, I thought, I really didn’t expect to draw this card. But I really can’t think of a better monster to have by my side when I end this.

I cried a single tear as I looked fiercely into the face of my opponent. “I sacrifice my ‘Toon Mermaid’ to summon my closest friend’s favorite card, the very face of his Duelist’s spirit. I summon the ‘Fiend Megacyber’.”

The ‘Mermaid’ disappeared in a burst of static that blossomed out and revealed the yellow-armored warrior, his fists charged with power (ATK: 2200). The ‘Megacyber’ stood with his arms crossed at my side. I clenched my fists and stared at Archfiend Ruler, pretending that he was Blackheart. “Take this,” I said. “Megacyber Impact!” ‘Megacyber’ punched, catching Fiend in the gut. He coughed blood and collapsed.

My Soul flashed. Even with my Soul cracked and its power depleted I had found my strength. I held out my hand called the five Shadow Items to me. I drew their power into my Soul and they turned to dust as the crack in my Soul disappeared, my full power restored.

I turned to my team and said, “We’re going home.”

My Soul Flashed again, and we disappeared.

ToonDarkMagicianGirlPT02-EN-C.jpg

Next Chapter Hiro vs. Blackheart

Archived