Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chapter ten has arrived! max fights the amazing masked duelist who kicked lawrence around the field like he was nothing. check it out!

[spoiler=Chapter Ten]

Round Two Begin! Max vs. The Masked Duelist

“Well,” said the announcer, “it seems that Exodus, scheduled to duel John in the first block of Round Two has gone missing.”

Even inside the back room where the pairings were again taking place I could hear the confused murmurs of the crowd.

“It seems,” the announcer continued, “that John will get a buy to the next round. That means we have Max vs. the mysterious Masked Duelist as the only duel in Block A, followed by Paul Tucker vs. Christopher and Yugi Moto vs. tournament sponsor Seto Kaiba in Block B!”

As soon as the duel between Yugi and Kaiba was announced, the crowd went beyond wild. Everyone here, myself included, was exited to see these long time rivals duke it out.

But first Max was up against the Masked Duelist, a powerful opponent who defeated Lawrence with very little effort.

I turned to Max and asked, “You ready for this?”

“To be perfectly honest,” Max answered, “I’m not sure. This guy’s deck reminds me of the one that my old friend Randy used to use. This guy stirs up bad memories for me. Like there was this thing that Randy used to say right before he would beat an opponent. For some reason I can’t get it out of my head.”

“I don’t mean to sound insensitive,” I said, “but are you sure that Randy’s really dead?”

“Yeah,” Max answered, “which is why it’s so weird that I keep thinking that this kid might be him.”

“Just do your best,” I said. “If you do that much then either way you’ve won.”

He laughed, “You know I don’t buy into that bull sheet.” We walked out of the pairings room, and Max and the Masked Duelist continued out onto the stadium floor.

Good luck, I thought. I get the feeling you’ll need it.

Max

To be honest I thought as I walked toward the duel stage, winning really isn’t my primary concern this time.

I looked over at my opponent as we stepped up across from each other. Randy, is that you? I fight this duel to find out.

I flashed a wicked smile, “You don’t stand a chance,” I said. “No one can escape death.”

The Masked Duelist smiled back confidently, “That’s good news for me, since killing is my specialty. I place one card and set one monster.”

A stealth strategy, I thought, like many of the ones that Randy used to use. But considering his deck that much is expected.

“I’ll counter your stealth tactics with this,” I declared. “’Polymerization’ fuses my ‘Nightmare Horse’ with one of my favorite cards, the ‘Spirit Reaper’, to form my signature card, the ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’!”

A grim reaper appeared, riding atop a ghostly horse that was glowing blue and wrapped in bandages (ATK: 800).

“My monster not only has the power to attack you directly, it also forces you to discard a card randomly from your hand every time it deals you battle damage.

“Next I summon a second grim reaper, my ‘Emissary of the Afterlife’.” A second reaper appeared, carrying a decorated scythe (ATK: 1600).

“You triggered my Trap,” said the Masked Duelist, “’Trap Hole’, destroying your monster.”

‘Emissary’ was swallowed up by the ground beneath him.

“Then I’ll attack directly with ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’,” I commanded, and my ‘Reaper’ flew forward and slashed with his scythe (8000-800=7200). The Masked Duelist shuffled his hand and discarded a card, the ‘Dark Assailant’.

“Next I place a card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn.”

This is the first test. Randy would be able to kill my ‘Reaper’ easily this turn, despite his effect.

“I draw,” said the Masked Duelist, “and flip-summon my ‘Night Assailant’, destroying any monster, including your ‘Reaper’.”

The cloaked, dagger-wielding ‘Night Assailant’ leaped out of the shadows and sliced my ‘Reaper’ in half so fast that his invulnerability couldn’t activate (ATK: 300).

“I’ll also set one monster and activate ‘Premature Burial’, paying eight hundred Life Points to revive ‘Dark Assailant’ and equip it with this card (7200-800=6400).”

The assassin in the skull mask appeared, holding a set of knives in his right hand (ATK: 1200).

“I attack directly with my monsters,” the Masked Duelist declared. ‘Night Assailant’ ran past me, slashing with his dagger, and ‘Dark Assailant’ threw his knives (8000-1200-300=6500). “Turn end.”

‘I reveal ‘Monster Reborn’,” I said, as the glowing red ankh appeared at my side, “calling ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ back from the dead (ATK: 800). ‘Reaper’ attacks the ‘Night Assailant’.”

‘Reaper’ swung his scythe and the ‘Night Assailant’ split in half (6400+300-800=5900). The Masked Duelist shuffled his hand and discarded a card; a second ‘Dark Assailant’.

Now, if he’s Randy and he’s using that strategy, he’ll Flip-Summon ‘Lady Assailant of Flames’

“I Flip-Summon ‘Lady Assailant of the Flames’,” said the Masked Duelist, “removing the top three cards of my deck from play to deal you eight hundred damage.” The female assassin appeared and threw her flaming knives at me. They exploded nearby (6500-800=5700).

Now he’ll summon ‘Vengeful Shinobi’, and he’ll protect it from attacks somehow.

“I summon my shadow ninja,” said the Masked Duelist, “the ‘Vengeful Shinobi’, and I make him immune to attacks using ‘Mist Body’.” A ninja in a gray suit appeared, carrying a curved knife. He was surrounded by a veil of mist (ATK: 400).

Now he’ll use his Spell…

“I pay two thousand Life Points to activate my Spell card ‘Dimension Fusion’,” the Masked Duelist declared (5900-2000=3900). “This lets me summon the monsters that were removed from play by the effect of my ‘Lady Assailant’.”

The sky opened and two monsters emerged; a second ‘Dark Assailant’, and the eye-patch wearing, knife-wielding ‘Flash Assailant’. “My ‘Flash Assailant’ loses four hundred Attack for every card in my hand (2000-400=1600).

And now that Equip card…

“I also activate ‘Phalanx Pike’,” the Masked Duelist said, “equipping it to my ‘Dark Assailant’, raising his strength by nine hundred for every ‘Dark Assailant’ in the Graveyard (1200+900=2100). This means my ‘Flash Assailant’’s power rises as well (1600+400=2000).

“’Flash Assailant’, ‘Lady Assailant’, and two ‘Dark Assailants’ attack ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.” The four monsters struck, their weapons passing strait through my monster, reducing him to smoke. He instantly reformed.

“Now you take serious damage,” said the Masked Duelist, his monster bearing down on me.

I smiled, “I don’t think so. Reveal ‘Spirit Barrier’. As long as I control a monster I don’t take any Battle Damage.” A barrier appeared around me, repelling the assassins and their attacks.

“For my turn,” I said, “I summon the Psychic Wizard, ‘Ancient Brain’.” A robed creature with a bulging bald head, a horn, wings, and a staff in hand appeared at my side (ATK: 1000).

“Attack ‘Vengeful Shinobi’,” I commanded, and ‘Ancient Brain’ put his hand to his temple and raised his staff. Waves of psychic energy hit ‘Vengeful Shinobi’, reducing him to wisps of vapor (3900+400-1000=3300).

“’Vengeful Shinobi’’s effect activates,” the Masked Duelist declared, “and I draw one card. And thanks to ‘Mist Body’, my ‘Shinobi’ is reconstituted,” the mist became his monster again as he drew his card.

“I attack directly with ‘Reaper’,” I commanded, “and set a card.”

My ‘Reaper’ flew forward and attacked, taking the Masked Duelist’s newest card with it. But the Masked Duelist was smiling.

Randy would usually manage to draw ‘Card of Sanctity’ about now, I thought.

“I draw,” said the Masked Duelist, “and would you look at that, I got lucky and drew ‘Card of Sanctity’. I activate it, letting us both draw until we hold six cards.”

We drew (Flash Assailant’s ATK: 0).

“Now I place two cards face-down (Flash Assailant: 400), and I attack ‘Ancient Brain’ with ‘Dark Assailant’ (ATK: 1200).”

‘Dark Assailant’ jumped up and threw his knives. ‘Ancient Brain’ raised his staff and spun it, deflecting the knives. As he did ‘Dark Assailant’ drew a sword from a holder on his back, ran forward, and sliced ‘Ancient Brain’ in half. My Life Points remained the same, thanks to my ‘Barrier’.

“I draw,” I said.

One of his face-downs has to be ‘Spiritual Dark Art – Greed’, I thought.

“Reveal Trap card,” said the Masked Duelist, “’Spiritual Dark Art – Greed’. I tribute ‘Flash Assailant’ to draw two cards.”

The assassin disappeared, and my opponent drew again. Now I was sure, or at least sure enough.

“I won’t let you beat me again Randy,” I said. He smiled. “I attack with my ‘Reaper’.” My monster attacked again (2500-800=1700).

“I’m glad you attacked Max,” Randy replied. “I had a card in my hand that I needed to send to the Grave.” He discarded a card.

Crap, I forgot about that move. If I’m right, I lost already!

“I reveal ‘Birthright’,” Randy said, “reviving a Normal Monster, like ‘Infinity Dark’!” A warrior fully clad in a black suit black body armor wearing a black cape, and a black helmet and visor appeared (ATK: 1500).

“On my turn,” said Randy, “I Second Summon my monster. See, he’s no regular Normal Monster. He’s a Gemini Monster. That means he’s treated as a Normal Monster until I Second Summon him, at which point he becomes an effect monster with a powerful effect.”

A dark aura rose up around Randy’s monster.

“Once per turn ‘Infinity Dark’ can change the battle position of a monster on the field. But of course, when a monster from the ‘Spirit Reaper’ family is targeted by an effect, it’s automatically destroyed.”

My ‘Reaper’ melted away and became wisps of smoke, leaving me wide open. I was shocked.

“Don’t look so surprised,” said Randy, smirking. “No assassin would ever give his hit a chance.”

And if there were any doubts left in my mind as to this kid’s identity they melted away with his words. That’s what Randy would always say just before he’d win a duel. This kid has to be him!

Randy’s monsters attacked, my Life Points dropped to zero, and I smiled. I ran to my old friend’s side, “Randy, you’re alive!”

“Nah,” he said, “not really. I just wanted to fight you one last time, and I wanted to tell you that I’ve been watching you. You’ve been doing good things. Keep doing them. Keep fighting for what’s right. And I’ll see you again, when its your time.”

“But if you’re-if you’re dead, how are you here?”

“Oh come on,” Randy said. “Every time I beat you I’m cheating Death. What’s one more time?”

He smiled in a mischievous way, and he vanished, his body melting into wisps of smoke that went with the breeze.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

InfinityDarkGLAS-EN-C.jpg

Next Chapter Round Two; Tucker vs. Christopher Johnson

Could you use a Final Countdown Deck in this fic? If you can still fit it in in your masterplan' date=' that is.

[/quote']

i have a deck that uses final countdown it it, but it won't show up for awhile.

yugi beat him in the last round. they aren't my characters though, so i decided to only show their duels when my characters duel them, that is until i rewrite the key events of this book through yugi's and then kaiba's points of view, you know, to do them justice (they're great characters after all).

here's the new chapter. i know its late. things came up. sorry about that.

this one is worth the wait though. this chapter finally tells tucker's complete backstory.

[spoiler=Chapter Eleven]

Round Two; Tucker vs. Christopher Johnson

John

I was waiting in the entrance to the Competitors’ Box when Max returned from his latest duel.

“So it was him,” I said.

“Yeah,” Max replied. He walked past me and sat down quietly, hanging his head. It was at that moment that Tucker stepped up to my side. Christopher had already left the box and taken up his position on the nearer of the two duel stages, and Yugi Moto and Seto Kaiba had taken up their positions as well. Tucker stretched his arms and said, “You better watch my duel. I’m gonna surprise you.”

“You up for fighting Christopher?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’m up for fighting him and beating him. And seriously. I know you wanna see Yugi duel, but you gotta watch mine.”

“Okay,” I said, “I will.”

He nodded and ran to the duel stage as the announcer came over the speakers and announced the next matches. The competitors faced their respective opponents, shuffled their decks, and began their duels.

Tucker

“I remember you,” said Christopher. “You’re the hothead from the exhibition duel who used Fire Monster Beatdown. You must have updated your deck a lot to have made it this far in such a high level tournament. But either way, you lack the skill to give me a real challenge.”

“Don’t underestimate me,” I said. “I know this game, and I worked hard on my deck. I know I’m not as skilled as some Duelists, but I’ve got spirit, and that makes up for it.

“I play ‘Pot of Greed’,” I declared, drawing two cards. “Next I summon the ever-trusty ‘UFO Turtle’ in defense mode.” A green turtle with a flying saucer for a shell appeared. “I’ll also set a card and end.”

“Your strategy seems simple enough,” said Christopher. “I saw part of your last duel. You use a burn deck now, right? Well, I’ve faced many different burn decks, and I’ve beaten them all. Your deck is limited because you only use Fire Attribute burn monsters. Your strategy is easy to predict.

“I summon a monster that can cool your deck down, my ‘Blizzard Dragon’.”

Beside Christopher appeared a blue-gray-skinned dragon with pterodactyl-like wings. It stood about a head taller than its master (ATK: 1800).

“My ‘Blizzard Dragon’ attacks with his ice breath attack,” Christopher commanded, “destroying your ‘Turtle’.”

‘Blizzard Dragon’ attacked, and my monster was blown away.

“Reveal,” I declared, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Backfire’. As long as I control this card you take five hundred damage for every Fire monster that’s destroyed.”

There was an explosion near Christopher (8000-500=7500).

“Also,” I continued, “because my ‘UFO Turtle’ was destroyed by battle, I get to Special Summon a Fire monster from my deck in attack mode.” The bare-chested, jacket-wearing ‘Flame Ruler’ appeared, his fists ablaze (ATK: 1500).

“I end my turn,” said Christopher, “with one face-down card.”

“Then it’s my move,” I said, drawing a card. “I place two cards face-down and tribute my ‘Flame Ruler’, who is treated as two tributes for the summoning of a Fire monster, to summon my ‘Flame Ogre’!”

A huge, muscular giant rose up behind me, taking my ‘Flame Ruler’’s place on the field. Flames rose up and curled around my ‘Ogre’’s body (ATK: 2400).

“When ‘Flame Ogre’ is Normal Summoned I get to draw a card.” I drew a card, “Now my ‘Ogre’ attacks you ‘Blizzard Dragon’,” I declared, and ‘Flame Ogre’ struck with a fiery fist (7500+1800-2400=6900). “Two more face-downs and I end.”

“Then as your turn ends,” said Christopher, “I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’, summoning ‘Blizzard Dragon’ back from the Grave,” his dragon reappeared (ATK: 1800). “Now I tribute ‘Blizzard Dragon’ to summon ‘Mobius the Frost Monarch’!” A warrior in silver and blue armor appeared (ATK: 2400), summoning a gust of cold wind that froze my two most recently set face-down cards. “’Mobius’ destroys two Spell or Trap cards as soon as he’s Normal Summoned.” As Christopher spoke my ‘Mirror Force’ and my ‘Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell’ shattered.

“Next I activate ‘Megamorph’, doubling the Attack of my ‘Monarch’ for as long as I have fewer Life Points than you.” A glowing ring appeared beneath Christopher’s monster, and it doubled in size and strength (ATK: 4800).

“But I’m not even close to finished,” Christopher continued.

I scowled, I had a feeling that I wouldn’t get off that easily.

“I activate ‘Frontline Base’, letting me Special Summon ‘Burning Beast’ from my hand,” a beast made of molten lava and intense flames appeared (ATK: 1500), “and ‘Monster Reborn’, letting me Special Summon ‘Blizzard Dragon’ from the Graveyard,” the dragon returned again (ATK: 1800).

“Now, ‘Mobius’, attack ‘Flame Ogre’!”

‘Mobius’ summoned a cold wind to freeze my monster. He shattered under his own weight (8000+2400-4800=5600).

“Now I attack directly with my remaining monsters (5600-1500-1800=2300). One face-down card. Go.”

I drew, “I play ‘Card of Sanctity’.” I drew until I had six cards in my hand, as did Christopher, and I saw a way to turn things around.

“I remove ‘UFO Turtle’ from play,” I declared, “to Special Summon ‘Inferno’.” As I spoke, a large face made of flames appeared. “Next I summon ‘Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective’, tributing ‘Inferno’ to raise its strength.” A flaming ball of flesh appeared, absorbing ‘Inferno’ into its body (ATK: 2000+1000=3000).

I played well, I thought, but this duel’s been just as disorganized as usual. But still, it’s nowhere near as disorganized as my life was before John showed up in it. That’s why I have to fight him. I have to show him how far I’ve come!

I remembered back to the day when mine and John’s friendship began. Back then I was no more than a bully and a thief. I grew up in a rough part of town, and because my dad, my only family, was never really a part of my life, I was forced to join up with whatever strong group I could. My gang, for lack of a better word, and I went to John’s school. I stuck close to them, especially our leader Harrison, but my heart would always be somewhere else. The day that John saved me, the others were pounding on some kid behind the school while I stood back and clicked my lighter. That’s when John appeared. He stood up to all five of us at once, “Leave that kid alone!”

I was stunned. I’d never seen someone stand up for others like that, except on TV.

“Hey,” said one of the guys (I never bothered to learn all of their names), “that’s the guy that beat me up last week when I snatched some kid’s wallet.”

Harrison sized John up and then let the kid that he'd been beating go. “Okay,” he said, “but in exchange we get to break all of your ribs.”

“Let me fight him Harrison,” said a big, dumb kid named Mitch as he cracked his knuckles. “I could use a real workout.”

Harrison nodded, and Mitch stepped forward, striking up a boxing pose. John stepped back into a back stance. Mitch punched, and in less than a second John popped Mitch’s arm out of its socket, elbowed him in the gut, spun, and swept his legs out from under him, dropping him hard. Mitch was left rolling on the ground in severe pain.

“You’ll pay for that,” said Harrison. His two remaining thugs stepped forward. They were both tough, and together they were able to get in several good hits, finally wrestling John to his knees. He looked up at Harrison with fury in his eyes, his face bruised, and his lip busted and bleeding.

I’d never seen such a strong person in my life.

Harrison stepped forward, taking a set of iron knuckles from his pocket and putting them on his right hand. He raised his fist to strike, and I saw a way out of this life. I stepped forward and grabbed Harrison’s arm, stopping him. He looked over at me and smiled a wicked smile, “You finally ready to throw a punch, Tuck?”

“Yeah,” I said, and I punched Harrison in the face with everything that I had, breaking his nose and knocking him out cold. The two lackeys were shocked. They loosened their grip, and John pulled free, springing to his feet and spinning, kicking them both in the head, dropping them as well.

I took a deep breath and crossed my arms. John turned to me, “Nice punch.”

“Nice Kung Fu,” I replied.

We began to laugh uncontrollably, and just like that it was like we’d been best friends our entire lives. John was the first person ever to show me what a real friend is. He was the first person to ever show me proof that there were people that you could depend on unconditionally in real life. He saved me from a life that almost definitely would have gotten me either incarcerated or killed. I owe him my life.

“I won’t lose to you Christopher,” I said. “I have something that I need to do, and you’re in my way. I still have two face-down cards. I could have used them before, but I had a feeling that if I waited they would give me the means to destroy you. I was right.

“I activate the Continuous Spell card ‘Dark Room of Nightmare’,” I declared . “This card increases each instance of burn damage that you take by three hundred points. Next I reveal ‘Ring of Destruction’ and ‘Barrel Behind the Door’.”

A ring of active grenades appeared around my ‘Gaia Soul’. The ring and my monster exploded, spreading fire over both Christopher and me. A golden pistol appeared in my hand, sucking all of the fire on my side of the field into its barrel. I shot that fire at Christopher as well, aiming strait through the fire that already surrounded him.

“This combination deals you seventy-four hundred damage,” I declared, and I waited for Christopher’s Life to reach zero.

Yes! John, here I come.

Christopher’s Life Points fell (6900-3400=3500).

“But how?”

“I revealed ‘Reverse Trap’,” Christopher explained, “lowering the attack of your monster from three thousand to one thousand before your Trap cards went off.

“Now I draw, and I activate ‘Dark Hole’, destroying ‘Mobius’, ‘Blizzard Dragon’, and ‘Burning Beast’.” A black hole appeared above the field, drawing Christopher’s monsters inside before closing up. “Now I remove my three monsters from play to summon my favorite monster,” a two headed dragon appeared, formed of fire and ice, “my ‘Frost and Flame Dragon’ (ATK: 2300)! Attack!”

Christopher’s monster breathed fire and ice down on me, and my Life Points fell (2300-2300=0). I looked down, disgraced. Christopher walked over to me.

That’s right, I thought, the ante. I pulled two cards from my deck, “Here’s ‘Tyrant Dragon’ and ‘Legendary Flame Lord’,” I said, “my best cards.”

“Keep ‘em,” said Christopher, and I looked up into his face. He was smiling. “You’ll need those cards to fight me next time we meet. I only hope John hasn’t improved as much as you have, or I might be in trouble.”

He offered me his hand, and I shook it.

We’ll, I did my best, I thought, and even though I didn’t win, I don’t feel like it’s the end of the world. John, I’ll fight you one day in a real duel, and then you’ll see how strong I’ve become first hand!

FlameOgreCDIP-EN-C.jpg

Next Chapter Eternal Rivalry, Eternal Friendship

chapter twelve is completed. John vs. Christopher! Their rivalry has made them as close as friends, and they each know that the other is strong. how will they duel, and who will win? and will a duel in this book finally last more than one chapter? the answers to all of these questions and more (not so much the more part) in this chapter!

[spoiler=Chapter Twelve]

Eternal Rivalry, Eternal Friendship

John

Tucker lost to Christopher, but he came close. Much closer than Sarah had. Much closer than many of Christopher’s opponents have. I wasn’t surprised that he’d lost. Ever since Christopher walked into the resort that night I knew that he and I were supposed to face each other in this tournament. The pairings for the final round were announced. I was paired against Christopher. Yugi Moto, who had defeated Kaiba in the previous round, was given a buy to the finals, since his opponent, the Masked Duelist, had mysteriously disappeared. That meant that whoever won this next duel between me and Christopher would get to challenge Yugi Moto for the championship title.

For the semi-final round the center of the stadium floor opened up and a larger stage rose up out of the ground. Christopher and I stepped up onto the new duel stage, and it rose several meters into the air. Transparent holographic screens appeared all around us, six in total, that magnified the action in the arena to make it easier to see by the crowd. There were even more people in the stands now. These final duels were the ones that people had come to see.

“Well,” said Christopher, “this is it. Our long awaited rematch. I hope you’ve been looking forward to your defeat as much as I have.”

“I’ve been looking forward to your defeat,” I said. “Does that count?”

Christopher only smiled in the confident way that he does, drawing his opening hand.

“I’ll go first,” I said. I looked over my hand. Sweet! This will be the first chance for me to test out my new monster combo!

“For my turn, I set one card and summon a machine monster, ‘Y – Dragon Head’, in attack mode.”

A red robotic dragon, about nine feet long, appeared beside me. It roared, a sound like grinding metal (ATK: 1500).

“A machine monster?” Christopher said. “And not even a Dark one. That’s what throws me about you. Anyone else’s deck can be deciphered after just a move or two, but your deck is so unique, yet it’s very powerful. That’s why you are the only Duelist who ever beat me. And that’s why I have to prove myself by beating you and removing that one stain from my previously perfect dueling record.”

I smirked confidently, We’ll just see who beats who.

“I play ‘Graceful Charity’,” Christopher declared, drawing three cards and then discarding two. “Next I counter your mechanical dragon with a dragon of my own. I summon ‘Blizzard Dragon’.” The blue-gray dragon appeared (ATK: 1800).

“Attack with Blizzard Blast,” Christopher commanded, and his dragon breathed cold breath at my monster.

“Reveal face-down card ‘Hyper Coat’,” I declared.

154661c.jpg A layer of blue and chrome armor appeared over my monster’s wings, eyes, and portions of its body (ATK: 1500+500=2000). The cold breath bounced harmlessly off of my monster’s new armor.

“’Y – Dragon Head’, counterattack with mouth cannon.”

My monster fired a beam from his mouth, blowing Christopher’s monster away (8000+1800-2000=7800).

“You know, something told me that wouldn’t work,” said Christopher, “but you know, I had to try.” Christopher pulled two more cards from his hand, “I play ‘Double Summon’, and I summon ‘Solar Flare Dragon’.” A serpentine dragon made of heat and flames appeared (ATK: 1500). “I also place one card face-down, ending my turn, activating my ‘Solar Flare Dragon’’s effect.”

Christopher’s dragon launched a flame at me, and I took five hundred damage (8000-500=7500).

“I draw,” I said, “and I summon ‘X – Head Cannon’ in attack mode.” A blue and yellow robotic torso sitting atop a spiked sphere appeared. It had an energy cannon on each shoulder (ATK: 1800). “I attack ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ with ‘X’, Positron Cannon Blaster!”

My monster fired beams from his cannons.

“Reveal,” said Christopher, “the Trap card ‘Call of the Haunted’, Special Summoning a second ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ from the Graveyard.”

A second dragon appeared beside the first, and ‘X’’s beams were repelled.

“The most impressive power of ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ is that he draws heat from another Fire monster to create a heat shield around himself and protect himself from attacks. So while there are two or more ‘Solar Flare Dragons’ on my side of the field, and I control no other monsters, you can’t attack me.”

“I didn’t think that would work,” I said, grinning, “but you know, I had to try. But I’m not done. I remove the ‘X – Head Cannon’ and ‘Y – Dragon Head’ cards from play to combine my monsters into a new monster from my fusion deck.” The ‘Hyper Coat’ armor disappeared, a port opened on ‘Y’’s back, and the spherical base of ‘X – Head Cannon’ settled into it, “I summon ‘XY – Dragon Cannon’ (ATK: 2200)!

“By discarding one card from my hand I can destroy one face-up Spell or Trap card that my opponent controls, so I discard ‘Dark Master – Zorc’ to destroy ‘Call of the Haunted’, and your second dragon along with it.”

‘X’ aimed his cannons, and ‘Y’ opened his mouth. They fired their beams, destroying Christopher’s Trap, and his monster.

“I set one card,” I declared, “and end my turn.” I crossed my arms, brimming with pride.

Without even a pause, Christopher drew his card and began his move. “I only needed my second monster for the duration of that turn, to protect my first monster from attacks, letting me sacrifice him this turn to summon ‘King Pyron’, a Gemini Monster.”

Cool, I thought. I’ve never faced Gemini Monsters before.

“Next,” said Christopher, “I reveal ‘Ultimate Offering’, paying fifteen hundred Life Points (7800-1500=6300) to summon ‘Aquarian Allessa’, and to Second Summon both of my monsters, activating their effects (ATK: 1500 (each)).

“Now, finally, I play ‘Card of Sanctity’, allowing us both to draw until we hold six cards,” Christopher continued. We both drew. “Perfect. I drew just what I needed. I play ‘Union Attack’,

154661iwx.jpg combining the attacks of my monsters for one turn.”

‘King Pyron’ threw a ball of fire, and ‘Allessa’ threw a ball of water. The two attacks hit my monster, and he was destroyed.

“You discard a card from your hand due to my ‘Allessa’’s effect,” Christopher explained. “And since ‘Union Attack’ lowers the battle damage that you take this turn to zero, I’ll go ahead and use ‘Pyron’’s effect as well, dealing you one thousand points of damage.”

‘Pyron’ summoned fire and it poured over me, dealing me damage (7500-1000=6500).

“And to finish my turn, I play ‘Magical Stone Excavation’, discarding ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’ and ‘Polymerization’ to return ‘Card of Sanctity’ to my hand. Your deck might be hard to read, but I’ll still defeat it.”

“There’s one thing you haven’t considered,” I told my rival. “You’re fighting my deck, but you’re also fighting me, and I’m more than just the cards in my deck.”

“We’ll see, won’t we?”

He’s just like he was before. So confident. I’m still not sure how I managed to win last time. I keep thinking that maybe I just got lucky.

I sighed, and I remembered that duel:

I have to end this Duel now, I thought, or admit defeat, but even if I summon my ‘Summoned Skull’, the strongest card in my hand, I will only deal Christopher 1000 damage!

And then I noticed another card that I’d just drawn, my newest card.

“I think it's about time we ended this Duel,” I said, grinning with confidence. “I’ll begin my comeback with the Spell Card ‘Monster Reborn’ to return my ‘Fiend Megacyber’ to the field!”

My warrior appeared again, fists charged and ready. But he was no longer my trump card. “I sacrifice my ‘Fiend Megacyber’,” I announced, “to summon ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

The crowd fell silent as ‘Fiend Megacyber’ became wisps of black smoke. The smoke reformed into a tall, brown skeletal demon with a crystal in his forehead. “The ‘Great Maju Garzett’’s attack power,” I explained, “becomes two times the attack points of the sacrificed monster (ATK: 2200x2=4400).”

Several people in the audience gasped as they realized what this meant. With no face-down cards and only 1300 Life Points, Christopher could not survive my ‘Great Maju’’s attack. “’Great Maju Garzett’,” I commanded, “finish him off with Vile Energy Blast!” ‘Great Maju’ thrust with his palm, discharging a burst of black energy that incinerated Christopher’s monster and ended Christopher’s reign all at once.

I smiled, no, it wasn’t luck. It was more than that. The cards that I used in that duel were cards that I chose for a reason. They were all like extensions of myself. They were cards that I was meant to put into my deck. I believe in myself, and in my cards. That’s why I won, and that’s why I’m going to win again.

I smiled confidently at Christopher and declared, “Your strategy may be good, better than mine even, and you may have the unique ability to pick up on a person’s strategy at a glance. But I’m still going to win, because I have something that you are lacking. I have faith. And faith is what is going to decide this duel!”

XY-DragonCannonMFC-EN-UR.jpg

Next Chapter King of the Different Dimension vs. King of O.T.K.; Battle of the Favorite Cards!

Its been a long time sinse I last commented here

-I amost got nostalgyc with max's duel :)

-hmmm.. I wonder if Christopher's Deck has also some extra tricks to protect himself from loosing the same way twice (like Kuriboh pheraphs).

I've been running a Toon Deck for the last couple of days so... I just noticed some cards that may help (I know you already made the decks ^-^ but I couldn't help it)

-"Fox Fire" & "Scapegoats" are great with toons for tributes since its not a Tribute Summon, and "All Out Attacks" for helping them attack in the same turn (at least no1 has said anything about not being able to use the Trap that way but I'm not completely sure yet)

It seems like there are not going to be any Danger for the rest of the Tournament but there's a big problem out there as soon as they go back to their Daily life :)

Its been a long time sinse I last commented here

-I amost got nostalgyc with max's duel :)

-hmmm.. I wonder if Christopher's Deck has also some extra tricks to protect himself from loosing the same way twice (like Kuriboh pheraphs).

I've been running a Toon Deck for the last couple of days so... I just noticed some cards that may help (I know you already made the decks ^-^ but I couldn't help it)

-"Fox Fire" & "Scapegoats" are great with toons for tributes since its not a Tribute Summon' date=' and "All Out Attacks" for helping them attack in the same turn (at least no1 has said anything about not being able to use the Trap that way but I'm not completely sure yet)

It seems like there are not going to be any Danger for the rest of the Tournament but there's a big problem out there as soon as they go back to their Daily life :)

[/quote']

the real life version of karen's deck used scapegoat (yes i have a real life version of many of the decks). it really does help. i never even thought of the other two though.

christopher's deck is tough because he is well prepared for many situations, and he's built his deck to allow many summons at once. but i'll let you in on a secret; john would have lost last time had it not been a short duel. but christopher is very nostalgic. he is slow to change his deck, and its been pretty much the same for awhile, where john has been forced to grow in strength at a faster than usual rate. they are equal now, and the duel will literally come down to which one desires to win the most.

a +rep goes to whoever can guess what poem inspired christopher's deck.

The duels are intensive. I like your backstory' date=' especially in Chapter 11.

I'm in the middle of 12, and It's delicious. ^-^

[/quote']

thank you. i've had tucker's backstory planed since before i made this series. he was originally going to be a character in my digimon fic, but i didn't like how he fit into the story. tucker is probably my favorite character at this point in the story.

Fire and Ice by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favour fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Is that the one?

the conclusion to john vs. christopher is here! with the danger gone for now, john no longer feels that he needs to win, but he still wants to win and to prove how strong he's become. will he pull off another win against this opponent who has never lost a duel against another opponent? read to find out!

[spoiler=Chapter Thirteen]

King of the Different Dimension vs. King of O.T.K.; Battle of the Favorite Cards!

“I draw,” I said, “and I begin my turn with the face-down Trap card ‘Return from the Different Dimension’. I pay half of my Life Points (6500/2=3250) to return my out of play monsters to the field.”

The sky opened up long enough for ‘X – Head Cannon’ and ‘Y – Dragon Head’ to emerge.

“Next I summon ‘Z – Metal Tank’,” a yellow tank with a cannon above each of the two treads and an eye-shaped sensor in front, attached by a retractable stalk appeared (ATK: 1500). “Now I play ‘Soul Absorption’ and combine my three monsters in the same way as before,” ‘Y’’s wings fell away, and he settles onto the back of ‘Z – Metal Tank’, and ‘X’ attacked to ‘Y’’s back in the same manner as before. “This creates the mighty ‘XYZ – Dragon Cannon’ (ATK: 2800), and restores fifteen hundred of my Life Points (3250+1500=4750).

“The ability of my ‘Dragon Cannon’ lets me discard a card to destroy any card on my opponent’s side of the field. I discard ‘Magician of Faith’ first to destroy ‘King Pyron’.” ‘XYZ’ took aim with five cannons and fired, blowing the flame monster away.

“Next I discard ‘Night Assailant’, destroying ‘Allessa’ as well.”

My monster fired again, destroying Christopher’s remaining monster.

“Finally,” I said, “because I discarded ‘Night Assailant’, I can return a Flip-Effect monster in my Graveyard to my hand. A monster like ‘Magician of Faith’. I discard her again to destroy ‘Ultimate Offering’.” His Trap was destroyed as well. “And I attack with my monster, Cannon Fireblaze!”

‘XYZ’ charged his cannons and fired, hitting Christopher dead on (6300-2800=3500). I finally had control of the field, but I had no idea how long it would last.”

“Good play,” said Christopher, “but it’s my turn again. I replay ‘Card of Sanctity’.”

He and I both refilled our hands.

“You’ve left me in a pretty serious situation,” said Christopher, “but unlike you, I held my trump card until the very end. If you payed any attention to my last duel, you should know where this is going. I remove ‘Blizzard Dragon’, ‘Aquarian Allessa’, and ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ from play,” my Life Points climbed (4750+1500=6250), “to summon my favorite monster, ‘Frost and Flame Dragon’.”

The two-headed dragon made of ice and fire appeared with a roar (ATK: 2300).

“I think you’re familiar with my monster’s effect,” said Christopher, his voice full of pride. “I destroy your monster with Freezing Ice Breath!” The dragon breathed both ice and fire on my monster, overwhelming him and destroying him.

“Now I finish my turn by throwing two cards face-down and attacking you directly.”

The dragon attacked again, this time hitting me (6250-2300=3950).

“This is what I came to this tournament for,” I said. “For so long I’ve been searching for an opponent that really put me in a corner. My team-mates are the only duelists in my hometown anymore who are even a challenge. Even today against Evo I had a backup plan in case things got rough. But right now, I have nothing at all up my sleeve. This is what Duel Monsters is really about, what all gaming is about; facing your opponent’s power with courage and resolve. Whether I win or lose, this tournament is the most fun I’ve had in a long time.”

“I’d say the same about you,” said Christopher, “but to be honest, I expected a lot more from you.”

“Oh, don’t for one second think that I’ve given up,” I said. “I still plan on winning this duel. I play ‘Soul Release’, removing five cards in my Graveyard from play to recover twenty-five hundred Life Points (3950+2500=6450). Next I set a monster, and I set two cards face-down.”

“Planning on using your monster’s flip effect to destroy my monster?” Christopher asked. “Or were you planning on using a face-down card? Either way, it won’t work. I never leave ‘Frost and Flame Dragon’ unsupported.

“I reveal face-down card ‘Deadly Ice Field’,

154661tah.jpg destroying the Face-down card on the right.” A pillar of ice rose up beneath my card, destroying it. I discarded it, revealing it as ‘Blast Held by a Tribute’

“Next I activate my monster’s effect, destroying your monster.”

The dragon breathed his two breath attacks on my monster. He was revealed for an instant as ‘Cyber Jar’.

“Now I summon ‘Burning Beast’,” a beast made of fire and lava appeared (ATK: 1500), “and I combine him with the Continuous Spell ‘Frontline Base’, letting me Special Summon ‘Freezing Beast’.” A second beast appeared, this time made of ice. “I unionize my monsters, creating ‘Freezing Burning Beast’.” The two beasts merged into a larger beast made of both ice and fire (ATK: 1500).

“I attack with ‘Freezing Burning Beast’, protecting him by activating ‘Forced Ceasefire’. I discard a card to prevent you from activating Trap cards this turn. And when ‘Freezing Burning Beast’ hits your Life, one of your face-down cards is destroyed.”

His monster slashed, and I lost Life Points (6450-1500=4950), and my face-down ‘Mirror Force’.

“Now I attack with my ‘Dragon’.” His monster attacked (4950-2300=2650).

“I place a card face-down,” Christopher concluded. “I win. You’ll never reach my monster.”

I can’t survive another round of attacks, I thought, and I have no more ways to restore my Life Points. This is my last turn. If I don’t win this turn, I lose. I’m in the same boat as last time. But just like last time, I will win!

I drew my cards, the ‘Pot of Greed’ card.

“Activate ‘Pot of Greed’,” I declared, “to draw two cards.”

I went to draw my cards, and I stopped, closed my eyes and swallowed hard.

I have one chance. I only need one last card. If I don’t draw it, I lose. But if I draw it, I win. And I’d prefer to win.

I opened my eyes, and I pulled my cards, fanning them out. I smiled, Perfect

“I make my final stand here,” I said, “with my favorite card. I summon ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!” I placed the card on the Duel Disk, and the yellow-armored warrior appeared in a swirl of yellow and black static, his fists charged with energy (ATK: 2200).

“First,” I said, “I play ‘Dark Core’, discarding ‘Contract with the Dark Master’ to remove ‘Freezing Burning Beast’ from play.” A dark orb appeared, sucking the composite monster in (2650+500=3150).

“Second I play ‘Heavy Storm’, destroying your face-down card.” The card was blown away, and was revealed as ‘Negate Attack’.”

“And finally I activate two Spell cards, transforming ‘Fiend Megacyber’ into his most powerful form. I play ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’ and ‘Assault Armor’!”

The armor on my warrior’s right arm grew out over his hand and hen grew out, forming a longsword, and his body was surrounded by a yellow-white aura (2200+800+300=3300).

“I can release the ‘Assault Armor’,” I said, discarding the card, “to allow my monster two attacks this turn.” The aura around my monster flared up (3300-300=3000), and he shot into the air. “’Fiend Megacyber’, attack with Auracyber Slash!” My monster swung his sword, lobbing off both of the dragon’s heads at once. The ‘Frost and Flame Dragon’ dissipated into smoke (3500+2300-3000=2800).

“Now,” I said, my warrior still hanging in the air, “I finish it.”

Christopher looked me in the eyes, “Rematch?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “someday.”

The aura seemed to shatter like glass, and my monster fell, slashing Christopher from head to toe with his blade (2800-3000=0). My monster landed in a crouch, and Christopher stepped back. ‘Megacyber’ stood up and faded away. I walked over to Christopher and offered him my hand. He shook it.

“So you beat me again,” said Christopher. “You make your team proud. But one day I’m going to figure out what makes you so strong, and then we’ll duel, and I’ll finally win.”

“So the battle continues?” I asked.

“Our battle will never end,” Christopher replied, turning to step down from the duel stage, which had just finished lowering to the ground. “You know that.”

He walked away, back to his seat. But I stayed where I was. I still had one duel left to fight.

“And there you have it!” said the announcer. “John, the leader of the Duel Force has defeated King of O.T.K. Christopher Johnson!”

The crowd all around me cheered, but I didn’t notice I was too busy watching the figure that approached me as I waited for the announcer to speak a particular set of words. My opponent stepped up across from me. He was small in stature, but his Duelist’s aura was the strongest I’d ever seen.

The announcer spoke again, “That means that John will continue on to the final round to face the one and only King of Games, Yugi Moto!”

The roar of the crowd was enormous. I could almost feel the ground shaking beneath my feet.

Alright Hiro, I said, this is going to be our hardest fight yet. Let’s finish this together!

My Soul glowed, becoming the Soul of Chaos, and mine and Hiro’s minds became one.

This is it. Yugi Moto, I’m going to win this duel!

TheFiendMegacyberTP4-EN-SR-UE.jpg

Next Chapter John vs. The King of Games; The Fiend Megacyber vs. The Dark Magician Deck

are you going to introduce all wxyz monsters for john's deck

maybe eventually, you'll just have to keep reading ;)

Archived