Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its been a long time sinse I made a comment here... I just finished CH 4... christopher's Deck is stronger than I thought... :)

oh no! Karen lost ... :( ... but there's no risk this time ;) so I'm good... something tells me its important that the winners of 1st round will be yugi, john, kaiba, max, christopher, and maybe tuker & Marcus. (and I don't remember the other duel.. but oh, well )

although the way they are arranged makes me want to see what happens,

does kaiba want the gods again? does he even know that they are around? is there anything else behind? can't wait to see next chapter :D

its been a long time sinse I made a comment here... I just finished CH 4... christopher's Deck is stronger than I thought... :)

oh no! Karen lost ... :( ... but there's no risk this time ;) so I'm good... something tells me its important that the winners of 1st round will be yugi' date=' john, kaiba, max, christopher, and maybe tuker & Marcus. (and I don't remember the other duel.. but oh, well )

although the way they are arranged makes me want to see what happens,

does kaiba want the gods again? does he even know that they are around? is there anything else behind? can't wait to see next chapter :D

[/quote']

you really are one of the most perceptive people on this site. you got all but marcus right. in fact marcus losing is one of the most important aspects of this book, as his opponent in the first round is the main villain.

oops...shouldn't have said that! ^_^

and the other duel was lawrence vs. the masked duelist. a rep goes to anyone who can guess who is behind the mask.

you will see why karen losing isn't a big deal at the start of the next chapter.

btw, here it is. chapter five. if you wondered just exactly how crazy that doctor crabtree is, you'll like this chapter...

oh, and i added a card of the day for chapter four. check it out!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

Round One; Tucker vs. Crabtree and Lawrence vs. The Masked Duelist

John

“Next up,” said the announcer, “is B Block.”

I watched intently as Tucker, Crabtree, Lawrence, the masked guy, Exodus, and Marcus (War Ruler) stepped out onto the stadium floor. Karen sat down beside me. She seemed deep in thought.

“I told you I wouldn’t make it far,” she said.

“You did fine. Max’s combo was just scary.”

“Yeah,” she said, “well, I'm not upset or anything. I’ve been thinking. As much as I like dueling, I think I want to try my hand at creating cards. I already have several ideas.”

“Yeah,” I said, “that’s not a bad idea.”

Tucker

I stepped up onto the duel stage across from the good doctor.

“Still think I’m not worth mentioning?” I asked.

“Don’t know,” said Doc. Crabtree. “I’ll let you know after I crush you. I begin with two face-down cards. Then I’ll summon ‘Nurse Reficule the Fallen One’. I combine ‘Double Summon’ to also summon ‘Injection Fairy Lilly’.”

A female monster with two sets of bat-like wings, ending in curved blades, her body wrapped in bandages appeared (ATK: 1400). At her side appeared a pink-haired girl in a nurse’s uniform holding a very large syringe (ATK: 400).

“Two monsters in a turn,” I said. “Neither one’s very strong though. I can crush them both with this card, the club-wielding Asmodian monster ‘Abaki’!”

A squat red-skinned creature appeared, about two heads taller than me and carrying a spiked club (ATK: 1700).

“Reveal,” said Doc, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Dark Cure’. Whenever you summon a monster you gain Life Points equal to half of its Attack.” A green aura appeared around ‘Abaki’.

“Thanks,” I said, somewhat confused.

“No thanks are needed,” said Doc, “because while ‘Reficule’ is in play any time you would gain Life Points, you lose Life Points instead.

The green aura turned red, and the aura spread to me as well. My Life Points fell (8000-850=7150).

“Oh yeah,” I said, “well you’re not the only one who can deal damage. ‘Abaki’, attack ‘Lilly’!”

“Really?” said Doc.

“What?” I asked as my monster charged.

“My ‘Lilly” has an effect. I pay two thousand Life Points (8000-2000=6000) to raise her Attack by three thousand for the turn.”

“You’re kidding!”

“Nope.”

‘Lilly’’s syringe doubled in size as her Attack rose (400+3000=3400). She swung the syringe, stabbing ‘Abaki’ through the chest (7150+1700-3400=5450).

The dead body of ‘Abaki’ exploded and flames poured over both of us, dealing us damage (Doc: 6000-800-5200/Me: 5450-800=4650).

“At the end of your turn,” said the Doc, “I reveal ‘Solemn Wishes’. Now each time I draw I gain 500 Life Points.” He drew and his Life Points rose (5200+500=5700).

This guy’s good, I thought, but I won’t let him win. I won’t lose until I fight John!

Lawrence

I’ve never liked people who wear masks. I’m very conscious of people’s faces and I often use people’s faces to judge their character. This obviously doesn’t work on people wearing masks.

“I’m going first,” said the Masked Duelist. “I set a monster and three face-down cards.” He spoke in a calm almost monotone. He was completely unreadable.

“My turn,” I said. “I draw.”

I pulled my card. “I summon ‘Luster Dragon’ in attack mode.” A blue-scaled dragon with diminished wings appeared with a roar (ATK: 1900), but before it could even get its bearings the earth beneath it opened up and the dragon fell, the earth closing around it. It was instantly destroyed.

“My face-down card,” said the Masked Duelist, “was the Trap card ‘Trap Hole’, a card that destroys a monster with one-thousand or more attack as soon as it’s Normal Summoned.”

“No matter, I didn’t need ‘Luster Dragon’ for my plan to work,” I said, trying to hide my frustration. “I play ‘Trade In’, discarding a Level Eight monster from my hand to draw two cards.”

I drew, “Now I play ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive the monster that I discarded.” A glowing ankh appeared, rising into the air behind me. The ankh flashed and disappeared, and a large white dragon appeared with a distinct roar. I smiled, my expression full of pride. “Introducing the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ (ATK: 3000)!”

But before the ‘Blue-Eyes’ had even been on the field for a second it disappeared into a swirl of light.

“My second card,” said the Masked Duelist, “is ‘Bottomless Trap Hole’. Its pretty much the same thing as my last card, except that it works on Special Summons as well, and the affected monster is removed from play.”

Dammit! By now I knew that my frustration was showing, and I didn’t care. “Two cards face-down,” I declared forcefully, “and I end my turn.”

Tucker

“I’m gonna let you in on a little secret,” said Crabtree, mock-whispering across the length of the stage. “Right now I’m just a mediocre surgeon at a general hospital. But I’m also a genius. I designed a device that will make me all the money I could ever want, but I need money to build it. So after I win this tournament I’ll use the prize money to build a device that uses my own laser design to temporarily reverse outward signs of aging. I’ll advertise it as a way to reverse signs of aging without plastic surgery, and then I’ll charge huge amounts of money for my treatments. I’ll have each recipient sign a contract that I wrote myself that will make it impossible for them to sue, and by the time they realize that the treatments weren’t worth the money they payed, I’ll have already made enough money to last me a hundred lifetimes. I’ll be both insanely rich and untouchable!”

“Why the hell would you tell me that?” I asked.

“Well, if you’d come up with such a brilliant plan, you’d want to talk about it too. And because I’m about to crush you, if you talk everyone will just think you cooked it up to get back at me for beating you!” This time he laughed out loud as I shook my head.

“Now,” said Crabtree in a louder tone, “its time to prep for laser surgery! I sacrifice ‘Injection Fairy Lilly’ to summon ‘Satellite Cannon’!”

The fairy nurse disappeared, and a massive missile appeared behind the Doc. Its engines fired and it rose into the air, dropping only an antennae module behind it, which landed at the Doc’s feet.

“Right now,” said Crabtree, “that missile is separating, launching a new satellite into orbit. Each turn that satellite, my ‘Satellite Cannon’, charges one thousand points to its Attack. It leaves this antennae module behind to redirect any direct attack that would normally hit my satellite toward the satellite's place in orbit. And because ‘Satellite Cannon’ is so high up, low level monsters can’t reach it. In fact, only Level Eight of higher monsters are strong enough to reach it.”

“Wow,” I said sarcastically, “this just keeps getting better and better.” I sighed hard.

“Anyway,” I said, “I reveal ‘Thunder of Ruler’. No attack this turn for you.”

“I don’t care,” said Crabtree, “because between ‘Reficule’, ‘Dark Cure’, and ‘Satellite Cannon’, I have you completely locked down. The more you summon the weaker you get, and you have to summon to get enough sacrifices to summon a monster capable of reaching my cannon. Plus, I’m playing a face-down card, and that’s all I need, because with my ‘Cannon’ out of reach I only have to protect one monster, ‘Reficule’. I can’t lose!”

I gritted my teeth and looked down at my hand, He may be right!

Lawrence

“I Flip-Summon,” said the Masked Duelist, “my ‘Lady Assailant of Flames’.” The Masked Duelist flipped over his card, and a woman in simple cloth garbs with beads in her hair appeared holding kunai knives between her fingers (ATK: 1500).

“When ‘Lady Assailant’ is flipped,” the Masked Duelist declared, “I remove the top three cards of my deck from play to deal you eight hundred damage; Flaming Knife Missiles!” ‘Lady Assailant’ threw her knives, which caught fire and exploded in the air near my chest and head (8000-800=7200).

“Now,” said the Masked Duelist, “I play ‘Painful Choice’. As a Duelist you should know what it does.” He fanned out his deck and pulled five cards, showing them to me. Another ‘Lady Assailant of Flames’, ‘Flash Assailant’, a monster with a dangerous negative effect, and three copies of ‘Dark Assailant’, a Normal Monster that attacks from the shadows. A weak monster with only twelve-hundred Attack.

“Add one of the ‘Dark Assailants’ to your hand,” I said, and he did.

“Then I’ll summon ‘Dark Assailant’,” said the Masked Duelist, “in attack mode.”

The ‘Dark Assailant’, a bony creature carrying a set of throwing knives and wearing a bone mask painted with an eye appeared (ATK: 1200).

“Next I equip my ‘Phalanx Pike’ to ‘Lady Assailant of Flames’.”

Of course, I thought. I should have seen this coming.

A spear appeared in ‘Lady Assailant’’s right hand. “For each ‘Lady Assailant’ in my Graveyard the equipped ‘Lady Assailant’ gains nine hundred Attack (1500+900=2400).

“Now my ‘Lady Assailant’ attacks directly,” the Masked Duelist commanded.

“I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’ to revive ‘Luster Dragon’.”

The blue dragon rose up in the path of the ‘Assailant’ and was stabbed through the chest (7200+1900-2400=6700).

“I discard my hand to activate my second Trap,” I said, “the ‘Rope of Life’!”

A rope burst out of the ground, the dragon clenching it in his teeth. ‘Luster Dragon’ was pulled from the Grave, and the rope disappeared.

“When a monster is revived by the effect of ‘Rope of Life’,” I explained, “it gains eight hundred Attack.”

But before my monster could even receive its new power it was pierced through the chest by an invisible projectile and died.

“What happened?” I demanded.

“When you activated ‘Rope of Life’,” said the Masked Duelist, “I chained a handy Trap called ‘Cloak and Dagger’. I choose one monster, and when it appears on the field both it and my Trap are removed from play. This paves the way for my ‘Dark Assailant’’s Attack.” ‘Dark Assailant’ jumped up and threw his knives at me. The impacts almost felt real (6700-1200=5500).

I can’t believe it! I thought, absolutely stunned. He’s using these assassination tactics to counter every combo that I throw at him!

I drew, “I set one card and end my turn.”

“Then I’ll finish this,” the Masked Duelist declared. “Draw!”

He looked over his hand, “I activate ‘Pot of Greed’, drawing two cards. Next I summon ‘Strike Ninja’ and equip him with every assassin’s best friend, the ‘Fuhma Shuriken’.” The black ninja appeared, carrying a ninja star, the ‘Fuhma Shuriken’, in his right hand, and a kunai knife in his left (ATK: 1700+700=2400).

“My ‘Strike Ninja’ attacks,” the Masked Duelist commanded, and the ninja jumped forward and slashed me with his knife (5500-2400=3100).

“Now ‘Lady Assailant of Flames’ attacks.”

‘Lady Assailant’ charged. She jumped and raised her pike.

“Reveal Spell card,” I said, “’Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your ‘Pike’.”

The ‘Phalanx Pike’ was blown out of the ‘Assailant’’s hand and blown apart. Without batting an eye the assassin drew a knife, slashed, and jumped back to her master’s side (3100-1500=1600).

“Attack with ‘Dark Assailant’,” said the Masked Duelist. The final monster jumped up and pelted me with his knives again (1600-1200=400).

“But I survived,” I said. “That means I still have a chance to win.”

“Pft,” said the Masked Duelist. “Like an assassin would ever give his hit a chance. I remove two ‘Dark Assailants’ in my Graveyard from play to remove ‘Strike Ninja’ from play until the End Phase. But first he has to get rid of his ‘Shuriken’, since he can’t take it with him. So he’ll throw it at you, dealing you seven hundred more damage.”

The black-clad ninja jumped and flipped, throwing the ‘Shuriken’ and disappearing. The ‘Shuriken’ hit me, and my time in this tournament ended (400-700=0).

Tucker

“You’re right,” I told Crabtree, “that putting one of your monsters in orbit out of reach of my weaker monsters means that you only have to protect your other monsters. You’re right that every time I summon a monster I’ll take a hit. And you’re right that your ‘Satellite Cannon’ will be hard to deal with because it will take time and effort to reach it. But you were wrong when you said that I was nothing worth mentioning, because when you have a strong spirit like mine, nothing is outside your reach!”

The air around me began to heat up and my Soul began to glow.

“I may not have a head for strategy,” I said, “and I may be reckless, but if I have anything on my side its my spirit. Now watch as my spirit crushes you!

“I play ‘Graceful Charity’,” I said, placing the Spell in the Duel Disk. I pulled three cards, and I knew how I would win.

“By ‘Charity’’s effect,” I said, “I discard ‘Flame Ruler’ and ‘Inferno’. Next I play ‘Premature Burial’ (4650-800=3850), reviving my ‘Flame Ruler’.”

“Activate ‘Dark Cure’ and ‘Reficule’,” said Doc, as the dark-skinned and tattooed ‘Flame Ruler’ appeared (ATK: 1500), and I once again took damage (3850-750=3100).

“Now I sacrifice ‘Flame Ruler’,” I said, “using his effect. When I sacrifice him to summon a Fire Attribute monster he can be used as both sacrifices!”

“So you can summon a high level monster,” said the Doc, “without taking a lot of damage from my effects.”

“That’s right. Now check out the monster I’m summoning,” I smiled as the legendary bronze dragon rose up behind me, spreading his wings, light glinting off of the green jewel in his forehead. “Say hello to the ‘Tyrant Dragon’ (ATK: 2900/LP: 3100-1450=1650).

“Next I play ‘Monster Reborn’, reviving ‘Flame Ruler’ yet again (1650-750=900). And I activate ‘Gift of the Martyr’, sacrificing ‘Flame Ruler’ to increase the strength of my ‘Tyrant Dragon’ by an amount equal to his Attack (2900+1500=4400).”

“Too bad your dragon will never get a chance to attack,” said Crabtree, “because sometimes the patient needs to be restrained!”

His face-down card flipped face-up, “Reveal ‘Shadow Spell’, the magical chains!” Chains reached forth from the card, reaching for the dragon, only to be dispersed by a green light.

“The bead on my ‘Tyrant Dragon’’s head protects him from any Trap card that designates a target. That means that he’s still able to attack. Tyrant Burst!”

‘Tyrant Dragon’ breathed fire over ‘Nurse Reficule’, incinerating her (5700+1400-4400=2700).

“Now I activate my dragon’s special ability. He takes flight and attacks your ‘Satellite Cannon’ as well!” My dragon flapped his wings and rose into the air, flying high and out of sight. He broke through the atmosphere and faced the satellite. Red energy built in his mouth, and the dragon fired his attack. The ‘Satellite Cannon’ was instantly vaporized (2700+1000-4400=0).

I walked over to Crabtree, looked down at his stunned face and said, “Now who’s not worth mentioning?”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

SatelliteCannonCP01-EN-UR-UE.jpg

Next Chapter Round One; Jen vs. Seto Kaiba

chapter six, the first part of the last block of round one. this chapter covers jen's duel with seto kaiba. who will win?

[spoiler=Chapter Six]

Round One; Jen vs. Seto Kaiba

John

“That was quite a victory,” I said to Tucker as he sat down beside me, opposite Karen. He was about to say something when clouds began to build overhead, lightning crackling within them. The duel between Exodus and War Ruler AKA Marcus was still going on. Next to Exodus stood a dark-skinned humanoid creature with massive muscles, wearing black shoulders and head dressings. In the air behind Exodus appeared a massive glowing pentagram, forming a portal. A massive hand emerged, followed by a shoulder, and then a head.

There’s one monster that every Duelist fears no matter how strong they are, and there it was, standing just over a hundred yards away from me across from one of my greatest enemies.

Makes sense, I thought, sweat rolling down the side of my face. I should have known from his name that he uses Exodia.

I was supposed to duel in the next round, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Exodus and his victory over War Ruler. I’d never personally seen War Ruler duel, but from what I’d head he was very strong, employing strong monsters quickly and using piercing effects. Almost the perfect deck to combat a deck that uses Exodia. That could only mean that Exodus had either gotten very lucky, or he had found a new way of using the legendary monster.

Well, at least War Ruler is out of the tournament, said Hiro.

Yeah, I replied, I guess you’re right.

I walked out and stepped up to face my opponent, the mysterious Evo.

Time to forget this Exodia thing, I thought, and deal with the duel at hand.

“I hear you’re good,” said Evo, “but you should know, I’m undefeatable.”

“We’ll see about that.”

Jen

I was terrified. My first opponent in this tournament was the legendary dragon user and former champion Seto Kaiba! I’m good, but I wasn’t stupid enough to think that I was better than him.

All I can do, I thought to myself, is do my best and see how things turn out.

“So you’re Jen,” said Kaiba, “the Duel Force’s combo master. I was really hoping to fight your leader in the first round, but I guess you’ll do for now.”

“I wanted to say that it’s an honor to-.”

“Just draw, and get ready to lose,” said Kaiba, cutting me off.

Fine! I drew my opening hand.

“I’ll make the first move,” said Kaiba. “I play ‘White Dragon Ritual’, sacrificing ‘Des Feral Imp’ in my hand to Ritual Summon the ‘Paladin of White Dragon’.”

An evil-looking gargoyle-like monster appeared and was incinerated by a white flame. The flame dies down and a lance-wielding knight appeared on the back of a miniature ‘Blue-Eyes’.

“But I’m not done,” said Kaiba, a wicked smirk playing across his face. “I trade in my ‘Paladin’ for the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’!” The legendary white dragon appeared, and as much as I felt the pressure of the dragon’s power when Lawrence played it, I felt it with much more intensity here in now. This was the original dragon, in all of its glory.

“I set a card,” said Kaiba. “End Turn.”

“Then it’s my go. I summon the ever useful ‘Pinch Hopper’ in attack mode and combo with the Spell card ‘Multiplication of Ants’. I tribute ‘Pinch Hopper’ to summon two ‘Army Ant Tokens’ in defense mode.”

A grasshopper the size of a dog appeared, disappearing a moment later, only to be replaced by two ants that were about as large (DEF: 1200 each).

“Also,” I said, “when ‘Pinch Hopper’ goes to the Graveyard I can summon any Insect monster from my hand.

“Seto Kaiba, I’ll face your legendary dragon with a legendary insect. Say hello,” I declared as my rarest and in many ways my most powerful monster appeared, her small and vaguely human torso offset by her huge thorax and legs, “to my ‘Insect Queen’!

“My ‘Queen’ gains strength for every Insect in play (2200+(200x3)=2800). I activate ‘Rush Recklessly’, raising the Attack of my monster by another seven hundred for the turn. I sacrifice ‘Army Ant Token’ to allow my monster to attack (ATK: 3300).”

The token monster disappeared, and ‘Insect Queen’ fired a burst from her mouth. But before the burst hit it was deflected by an invisible force.

“Reveal face-down,” said Kaiba, “the Trap card ‘Negate Attack’, canceling your attack and ending the Battle Phase immediately.”

“Then I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’,” I said. “We both draw until we hold six cards.”

I drew and checked my hand.

“Three face-downs,” I declared, “and I play the Spell card ‘Monster Reborn’.” ‘Pinch Hopper’ re-appeared in defense mode (DEF: 1200).

“Then it’s my turn,” said Kaiba. “I summon ‘Kaibaman’ in attack mode.” A warrior in a white coat and a helmet resembling the head of a ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ appeared, holding a Duel Monsters card.

“’Kaibaman’ activates,” Kaiba declared, and the warrior jumped back, over Kaiba’s head. He threw his Duel Monsters card at the ground behind Kaiba, and there was a flash. The flash swallowed up ‘Kaibaman’ and then faded away, revealing a second ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ (ATK: 3000).

“’Blue-Eyes White Dragon’,” Kaiba commanded, “attack ‘Insect Queen’ (ATK: 2800), Burst Stream of Destruction!” He laughed a wicked laugh as the dragon fired its pure white breath attack at my monster. Kaiba was sure of himself. He had a right to be proud, but not to be cocky.

I smiled.

“Reveal ‘DNA Surgery’,” I declared, “changing your Dragons’ D.N.A. so that they are more then fifty percent insect.” The attacking ‘Blue-Eyes’ grew a huge bug eye on the left side of its face and its left arm and wing were replaced by two insect legs and a translucent insect wing. The second ‘Blue-Eyes’’ head became over half insect and it traded its tail for a thorax.

“With two more insects on the field,” I said, “my ‘Queen’ gains four hundred additional Attack points (ATK: 3200).” The ‘Insect Queen’ returned fire, dispersing the Burst Stream and cutting the attacking dragon in half. It disappeared, becoming wisps of smoke and fading away (8000+3000-3200=7800). ‘Queen’’s Attack fell again (ATK: 3000).

“Then I’ll weaken your insect,” said Kaiba, gritting his teeth, “by destroying your ‘Army Ant Token’, Burst Stream!”

“In that case,” I said, “I activate ‘Alert’,

154661yzc.jpg letting me activate my face-down ‘Insect Barrier’, preventing your Insects from attacking me.” As I spoke a barrier of interlacing yellow threads rose up, dispersing the ‘Blue-Eyes’’ attack.

I can’t believe this, I thought. I might actually beat Seto Kaiba!

“One face-down card,” said Kaiba, “and I end my turn.”

“When your turn ends,” I said, “since my ‘Queen’ destroyed a monster she lays an egg.” A slime-covered egg fell from the giant insect’s thorax. The head of a small centipede-like creature pushed its way from the top of the egg (ATK: 100).

“Now I draw, and I play ‘Offerings to the Doomed’. I agree to skip my next Draw Phase, and in exchange I get to destroy one monster on the field.”

A hand reached out of the ground, pulling the dragon into an early grave.

“I sacrifice my ‘Pinch Hopper’ to attack with ‘Insect Queen’,” I declared.

The ‘Hopper’ disappeared and my ‘Insect Queen’ blasted Kaiba, taking away a chunk of his Life (7200-3000=4200). He seemed un-phased.

“I change my ‘Larvae Egg’ to defense mode (DEF: 100) and end my turn.”

“This duel is coming to an end,” Kaiba declared. “I play ‘Monster Reborn’ to call my ‘Kaibaman’ back from the Graveyard. Next I tribute him again to summon a third ‘Blue-Eyes’ from my hand.”

The warrior in white appeared again, disappearing to make way for another of the legendary dragons (ATK: 3000).

“You triggered my Trap,” I said. “Your new dragon becomes an insect.”

“Chain ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’,” Kaiba declared, “destroying your ‘DNA Surgery’.” My Trap was blown away.

“No way!”

“Now I activate ‘Dragon’s Mirror’, removing one ‘Blue-Eyes’ on the field and the two in my Graveyard from play to fuse then into the ultimate monster,” the three dragons merged into a three-headed version of the same, “The ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’ (ATK: 4500)!

“Now I play two more Spells,” he continued, “’Megamorph’ to double the size and strength of my dragon, and ‘Stop Defense’ to change your ‘Egg’ to attack mode.”

‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’ doubled in size and power (ATK: 9000).

“Now ‘Blue-Eyes’, attack, Ultimate Burst!”

I expected his dragon to hit my ‘Egg’ and finish me off, but instead the beams from the mouths of his dragon converged on my ‘Insect Queen’, blowing her away (8000+3000-9000=2000).

“B-but you could have beaten me this turn,” I said.

“And I still will,” said Kaiba, an evil-looking smirk playing across his face. “I pay half of my Life Points (4200/2=2100) to activate ‘Return from the Different Dimension’, summoning the original ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’ back to the field.”

A rift opened, and the three ‘Blue-Eyes’ emerged with a roar (ATK: 3000 (each)).

“’Blue-Eyes’, finish it, Burst Stream!”

The lead ‘Blue-Eyes’ fired its attack, decimating the ‘Egg’ and reducing my Life Points to zero.

“But why didn’t you finish me with your one attack?” I asked as Kaiba turned to leave.

Kaiba looked back over his shoulder, his face stern. “A Duelist should always face his foe’s strongest power head on to prove his strength. If you can’t understand that then you don’t deserve to be called a Duelist, and you never will.”

Then he turned back, and walked away.

InsectQueenCT1-EN-ScR-LE.png

Next Chapter Round One; John vs. Level King Evo

chapter seven is here. john duels for the first time in this tournament, finally giving us a glimpse of his newest cards. that's pretty much it though. he fights a dragon. that's pretty cool.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

Round One; John vs. Level King Evo

John

“I play,” said Evo, “the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’. I draw three cards, discard two cards, and place two cards face down. Next I summon ‘Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4’.” A silver eagle-like dragon appeared standing about shoulder height next to its master (ATK: 1600).

“If that’s the case,” I said, “I’ll begin with ‘Graceful Charity’ as well.” I drew, and then I discarded two monsters; ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ and ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’. “Next I activate ‘Dark Core’, discarding my ‘Summoned Skull’ to suck your dragon into a black hole and out of play.”

“I counter,” Evo declared, “with ‘Call of the Haunted’, reviving the ‘Horus’ Servant’ in attack mode. He counters your Spell effect with his special ability. That’s because when ‘Horus’ Servant’ is face-up on the field I can negate any effect that specifically targets a monster with ‘Horus’ in its name.”

An Egyptian man in an eagle head dress appeared (ATK: 300).

“But now that you have two more monsters on than the field than I do,” I explained, “I can Special Summon my favorite card, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’.” A warrior in high tech yellow armor appeared, energy building in his hands. He was ready to attack on my command.

“’Megacyber’, attack ‘Horus’ with Megacyber Impact!” ‘Fiend Megacyber’ charged forward, preparing to strike.

“Reveal,” said Evo, “the Trap card ‘Eye of Horus’,

154661ylg.jpg transforming the Level Four ‘Horus’ into his more powerful Level Six form.”

I gritted my teeth, I thought as much, but I’d never seen one before, so I couldn’t be sure. But now I know. This is one of those rare types of monsters that can evolve into stronger forms when certain conditions are met.

‘Horus’ spread his wings and nearly doubled in size (ATK: 2300). The silver eagle dragon breathed black fire on my warrior, incinerating him (8000+2200-2300=7900).

“I place one card face down,” I said, “and end my turn.”

“When your turn ends,” Evo declared, “since ‘Horus’ destroyed a monster this turn, he evolves to his strongest form.” The already large monster grew even larger, his draconic features becoming a bit more pronounced. He let out a screech-like roar, “Behold, ‘Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8’ (ATK: 3000)!”

Evo smiled. “’Horus’ attacks,” he declared, and the mighty dragon breathed a powerful stream of black fire.

“Reveal ‘Mirror Force’,” I countered. A reflective half-sphere rose up around me, bouncing ‘Horus’’ attack back at Evo’s field, destroying his monsters.

“One card face-down,” said Evo, “and I end my turn.”

This guy’s been able to take every one of my attacks and counterattacks head on without batting an eye, I thought. Either he’s really that cold, or he still has something up his sleeve. Either way, I have to be prepared.

“I play ‘Monster Reborn’,” I said, “to revive the ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ that I discarded for the effect of ‘Graceful Charity’.” A glowing red ankh appeared, becoming a beautiful blond female warrior in a silver jumpsuit and carrying a glowing katana (ATK: 1500).

I’d better be cautious. I’ll wait to summon more monsters.

“’D.D. Warrior Lady’ attack with Dimension Katana!”

The ‘Warrior Lady’ slashed with her sword and Evo’s Life Points dropped (8000-1500-6500). Evo didn’t react in the slightest.

“You done?” Evo demanded.

“I’ll tell you when I’m done,” I replied. “Come on, loosen up and play the game!”

“Life is not a game,” said Evo, “and Duel Monsters is my life. I don’t play Duel Monsters, I win at Duel Monsters!

“I use my ‘Horus’’ divine black flame to destroy any player who faces me, no matter how powerful he is. You are no exception.”

“Wow,” I said. “You’re harsh. I’m going to win this duel, and I’m gonna do so while showing you how much fun this game can be.”

“You’ll have to get through ‘Horus’ first,” said Evo. “You may think you managed to beat my dragon, but you were wrong. I activate ‘Level Modulation’. You draw two cards, but in exchange I get to summon ‘Horus’ back from the Graveyard!”

A pillar of black fire burst from the ground behind Evo. The fire dispersed and the silver dragon emerged in all of its glory.

“’Horus’ attacks,” said Evo, and the dragon fired its attack at my warrior.

“Activate your effect ‘D.D. Warrior Lady,” I commanded, “Karma Cut!”

My ‘Warrior Lady’ raised her sword as the flames hit (7900+1500-3000=6400). She was prepared to slash when she was struck by lightning and vaporized.

“I reveal ‘Divine Wrath’,” Evo declared, “discarding a card to negate your monster’s effect. I end my turn with ‘Monster Reborn’, reviving my ‘Horus’ Servant’ in defense mode (DEF: 800). Now you have to destroy him before you can target my dragon with card effects.”

“You’re good,” I said, “but I’ve got plenty more moves up my sleeve.”

Evo just stared, the same cold look on his face.

“I remove the Light monster ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ and the Dark monster ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ in my Graveyard from play to summon the ultimate warrior of chaos, the harbinger of your end, the ‘Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning’!”

A pillar of black light and a pillar of white light rose up behind me. The light swirled together in the air and formed a humanoid shape. The light shattered like glass, revealing a warrior in full black armor, heavily decorated with gold trim. He was carrying a broad shield and a beautiful curved blade (ATK: 3000).

“This card is my last hope,” I said, “and I’m putting everything I have into it.”

This is it, arguably my most powerful card. Normally since both monsters have the same attack points I would skip my normal attack for the turn and attack his dragon with my monster’s special ability, but thanks to ‘Servant’ that isn’t an option. So instead I’ll use a Spell to raise my monster’s power and then attack him head on, using my monster’s effect to destroy both of his monsters this turn. No problem.

“I equip my warrior with the Spell card ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’, raising his attack power to thirty-eight hundred!”

The hologram of my ‘Fusion Sword’ card appeared, and Evo immediately called, “Black Fire of Anti-Magic activate!” ‘Horus’’ eyes flashed and my card hologram was incinerated by a burst of black fire.

“So that’s ‘Horus’’ power,” I said.

“Yeah,” Evo replied, smiling wide. “The key to any game changing combo is the use of Spell cards. Without them destroying a three thousand Attack monster like ‘Horus’ is nearly impossible.”

I smiled, “I see. Then I’ll increase your dragon’s level of vulnerability by destroying your ‘Horus’ Servant’. ‘Black Luster Soldier’, attack with Luster Slash!”

‘Black Luster Soldier’ raised his sword and slashed. Energy rolled from the end of his blade, hitting ‘Servant’ and cutting him in half.

“I set a card,” I said, “and end my turn.” As I spoke the air to my right opened up. “At this time my ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ returns to the field in attack mode.” A spherical metal pod emerged with a lens in the front and two multi-jointed arms (ATK: 800).

“You said that that warrior card is your last hope?” Evo said in a wicked tone. “Well then I’ll strip your hopes away. Spell card, ‘Offerings to the Doomed’. I forfeit my next Draw Phase to destroy any one monster on the field, no matter how strong. That includes your ‘Soldier’.”

Bandages rose up out of the ground and wrapped my ‘Soldier’, squeezing and crushing him.

“Now ‘Horus’ attacks the ‘Scout Plane’,” Evo declared, and my ‘Scout Plane’ was incinerated by ‘Horus’’ Black Fire Breath attack (6400+800-3000=4200).

I laughed.

“What’s so funny?” Evo asked.

“I just pity you. I pity the fact that you think someone’s hopes can be extinguished that easily.

“My deck gives me the power to control space and time. Thanks to that power, my monsters never stay gone for long. I play the Spell card ‘Soul Release’, letting me remove up to five cards in the Graveyard from play.”

“Now I’m the one who gets to laugh,” said Evo. “I guess you forgot my monster’s ability, the Black Flame of Anti-Magic!”

“I didn’t forget,” I said. “I just needed you to activate your monster’s effect so that I could counter with this; Continuous Trap card ‘Skill Drain’. I pay one thousand Life Points (4200-1000=3200) to cancel the effects of every monster in play.”

I watched as a black aura fell from ‘Horus’ and dissipated, taking his Black Flame of Anti-Magic with it.

“Now I continue with ‘Soul Release’,” I continued. “I remove ‘Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning’, ‘Summoned Skull’, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ and ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ from play. Next, by paying two thousand Life Points, I activate ‘Dimension Fusion’. This lets me rip open a door between this dimension and the Different Dimension, summoning all of my monsters that are removed from play.”

Evo smiled. And not the normal taunting rival to rival smile. This was a real smile.

My Life Points fell (3200-2000=1200), and the sky opened up behind me. Out of the opening stepped the violet-colored skeletal fiend ‘Summoned Skull’ (ATK: 2500), the silver warrior ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ (ATK: 1500), the ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ (ATK: 800), the yellow warrior ‘The Fiend Megacyber’, and the gleaming swordsman, ‘Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning’ (ATK: 3000).

“Amazing,” said Evo. “You knew ‘Horus’’ power, but you weren’t intimidated by it. Instead you seemed excited by the prospect of such a challenge. I didn’t remember until just now that a Duelist could feel that way about a duel. Dueling has been little more than business for so long.”

He looked directly at me, a fresh fire in his eyes and said, “Do it. Show me your Duelist’s spirit!”

I smiled back, “Alright then. ‘Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning’, attack. Double KO the ‘Horus the Black Flame Dragon’!”

‘Black Luster Soldier’ raised his sword and jumped strait at the dragon’s head. He swung his sword and ‘Horus’ released a burst of flames. The two attacks met, blossoming outward and swallowing up both monsters.

“Now I attack with my remaining monsters,” I commanded, “and end this duel.”

‘D.D. Warrior Lady slashed, ‘Scout Plane’ fired a beam from the lens in his front end, and ‘Summoned Skull’ bombarded Evo with a burst of lightning (6500-1500-800-2500=2000).

‘Fiend Megacyber’ shot forward and punched with a blazing fist, and the battle came to an end.

My monsters disappeared, and I turned and stepped down from the stage

BlackLusterSoldier-EnvoyoftheBeginningMC2-EN-ScR.jpg

Next Chapter Marcus, Agent of the Duelists Elite

thanks. the next one will be up by later this afternoon or evening (its 6:24 am where i am now). it will be much more plot related. but right now i'm gonna get a couple hours' sleep. i haven't slept yet. also what do you think of the yugioh df logo i made (in my siggy)?

the next chapter will actually have something to do with the plot, just so you all know.

the new chapter is finally finished. later than i thought, but oh well, it's done either way. the first major plot point for this book is revealed, as is a dangerous threat, and a potential important ally.

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

Marcus, Agent of the Duelists Elite

The first round was rough, I thought.

Yeah, but you made it through, said Hiro, appearing beside me in his spirit form. He was invisible to all but me and some members of my team.

I looked over at him with a smirk on my face, So you’re eavesdropping again, huh?

Hiro ignored me, You’ve recently increased your skills greatly.

I was brainwashed and forced to use my powers to hurt my friends because I was too weak to fight back. You’d try hard to get stronger too if that had happened to you.

Yeah, said Hiro, you’re right about that one.

I walked from the stadium floor to the competitor’s box off to the side. I stepped under the overhang and found myself face to face with War Ruler.

“We need to talk,” he said.

“Sorry,” I said, “but I’m in the middle of a tournament.”

“The pairings for Round Two aren’t for twenty minutes,” said War Ruler. “You can bring your entire team if you want, and I assure you that my Shadow Stone is no match for your Soul.”

“Fine,” I said, “we’ll talk.” I nodded to Tucker, who had been listening to our conversation. He tapped Max on the shoulder, and then got the attention of the rest of the team. They were standing at my side in seconds.

The eight of us headed out into the corridors behind the stands. We found an area in a corner where there weren’t many people, and War Ruler began his story.

“First of all,” he said, “I have to apologize for everything that I’ve done to you in the past. I didn’t have a choice. I’ve been working undercover along with my team mate Raphael to uncover information on the Order’s inner structure and chain of command to benefit my group.”

“What group would that be?” I asked in a tone that was not nearly as polite.

“A secret society,” War Ruler replied, “called the Duelists Elite. The Elite is a group that was established by a very courageous and resourceful man named Gregory Hendriks, along with his younger brother Timothy to oppose the actions of the Duelists of the Order by fighting them when we can and by working to retrieve Shadow Items before the Order. Recently though my mission has changed from general surveillance to something more specific. An Order agent named Marshal Gates recently went rouge. His source of Shadow Magic is a powerful card known as ‘Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord’, a missing God Card. It seems that for some time now he has been secretly using the power of the God ‘Exodius’ to strip Duelists of their life force and store it. We think that once he has enough power stored up he will be able to use ‘Exodius’’ power to summon the ultimate God ‘Exodia the Forbidden One’ and bind it to his will. His power will become unrivaled, and by drawing from ‘Exodia’’s magic Gates could potentially live forever.

“Gates entered this tournament to gain more life force from strong Duelists. I used my magic to rig the first round so that I would fight him first. I gauged his strength and used my Shadow Stone to prevent my life force from being taken. And now I know that my power is not enough to defeat Gates. John, from what I can tell you are the only one who can face him and defeat him before he has the chance to harm anyone else.”

“Why would any member of this team help you,” Lawrence asked, “let alone believe anything you just said?”

“I don’t expect you to believe me based on my words alone,” said War Ruler, “but I believe that the Soul of Darkness has the power to reach into peoples’ minds, correct?”

Everyone looked at me, shocked. I really didn’t want them to know about that, I thought, but I guess the cat’s out of the bag.

“I don’t use that power,” I said, “without permission.”

“You have mine,” War Ruler said.

I sighed hard and then my Soul began to glow. My shadow’s arm peeled itself from the ground and stretched forward, reaching into War Ruler’s forehead. I felt for the shadows in his mind, using them to connect with his thoughts. I closed me eyes for a second as I searched War Ruler’s mind for the truth. Thoughts don’t lie.

I opened my eyes and retracted my shadow, “He’s telling the truth.”

“Then you’ll help?” Marcus asked.

Max started to say something, but I cut him off, “I’ll help. This Exodus guy is dangerous. I’ll take care of him myself.”

I turned to leave.

“John,” said Karen, “if this guy is as strong as War Ruler says then you’re going to need help this time.”

“Yeah,” said Tucker. “We should team up against him.”

“No,” I said, “I’ve seen this guy’s power first hand through Marcus’ memories. The danger he poses cannot be allowed to continue to exist. To destroy it completely I’ll have to use a power of the Shadow Games that I don’t like using, and I’d rather no one else be around when I do.”

“You mean…” said Karen.

I didn’t reply. Instead I set out to find Exodus.

Karen

I watched John walk slowly away from us, leaving us with War Ruler.

Could John really do that to his opponent? I wondered. He would, I decided, but only if he felt that he had no other choice. After all if Marik’s really dead, then he must have used the Penalty Game on him too, so this wouldn’t be the first time.

“Your leader is strong,” said War Ruler. “I’ve only ever met one other Duelist with that much inner strength.”

“We don’t really care,” said Max. He and Lawrence made their way back to the competitor’s box. War Ruler followed a few moments later.

“I’m gonna get something to eat,” I said. “I’m starving.”

“Right behind you,” said Tucker.

“I’ll come too,” said Sarah, “to make sure that Hothead doesn’t eat too much.”

It was times like these that I usually enjoyed the most. Time with my friends. But as much as I tried to have fun I couldn’t. Not because I was worried that John would fail, but because I was trying desperately not to think about what John would have to do if this Exodus guy really was as dangerous as War Ruler said he was.

I guess I should start thinking of him as Marcus now, I thought. Wow, I guess he’s really our ally now, huh? It was hard to imagine. I’d never fought Marcus myself, but I’d seen how easily he and Guardian Ruler had crushed my friends and stripped them of their spirits. I couldn’t have done anything like that, even to benefit the greater good. I had to respect Marcus and his resolve. He had to have tremendous courage.

This group, the Elite. I wonder why they’ve never approached us before. We fight the Order too, even if all we do is wait for them to attack and then fight them off. I wonder how strong the Elite is and how many members they have. Even if they do have numbers enough to rival the Order, they must be stretched thin if they never offered us their assistance before.

But either way, the fact that the Elite continues to fight just goes to show how serious a problem the Order is even with Marik defeated. After all, the Dark Duel Force told us themselves that the Order was still going strong, continuing on even without a real leader.

We reached the hot dog vendor and I bought myself a hot dog and some chips. Sarah bought a hot dog. Tucker ordered two chili dogs, three chips, and two sodas He turned out his pockets, turned to me and said, “Uh, I’m a little short. Could you help me out?”

So I ended up paying for Tucker’s food too.

I turned and headed back toward the competitor’s box. I should have known that this tournament would become more than it seemed. Everything always does.

John

As I walked I reached out with my Soul, searching for any source of powerful Shadow Magic. There were several, but it was easy to distinguish the others from the magic that belonged to Gates. His energy was massive, augmented by something evil. I could almost taste the malicious presence that was ‘Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord’. ‘Exodia’ was a guardian and a force of good, but this creature was pure evil with a power strong enough to bind ‘Exodia’ to its master’s will.

Marcus was right. If Gates were to succeed in harvesting the life force of even one or two more strong Duelists he would become virtually unstoppable.

I reached down and touched the deck box at my waste and felt the power of the Gods hidden within.

Alright my great allies, this is it, our most important battle together. I know I’m going to need you, so please lend me your strength.

Then I felt something. Exodus had become aware of my approach. He headed for one of the stadium’s back exits. I paralleled his movements, and soon we were outside, behind the stadium, up against an abandoned parking garage.

There was no need for introductions. We both knew the other’s intentions. We shuffled our decks. A card in Exodus’ deck glowed gold, my Soul flashed blacklight purple, and the duel began.

ExodiustheUltimateForbiddenLordJUMP-EN-UR-LE.jpg

Next Chapter The Coming Exodus; The Three Gods vs. Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

just before this. it starts at book one on the first page, and every time it starts over at chapter one it's a new book. there are four books, a special, and then what i've already made of book five (the most recent eight chapters).

I've decided to update this list with what pages each installment can be found on, for those of you who are just starting out reading this:

- Part One: Discovering Destiny

-- Book One: Gather the Duel Force (Pages 1-5)

-- Book Two: Reign of the Reaper (Pages 5-9)

-- Special Number One: The Ancient Battle Renewed (featuring cards by Ned93) (Pages 14-15)

- Part Two: The Forces of Darkness

-- Book Three: The Dark Duel Force (Pages 9-14)

-- Book Four: Terror of Blackheart (Pages 15-17)

- Part Three: Tournament Arc

-- Book Five: Kaiba Corp. Invitational Tournament (Pages 18-Current)

-- Special Number Two: The Darkness Within (N/A)

-- Book Six: The Great Duel Force Tournament (N/A)

-- Special Number Three: The Dark Elite (N/A)

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DA (Duel Academy)

-- Book One: The Phantom Seal (N/A)

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DE (Duelists Elite)

-- Book One: The Paths You Choose (N/A)

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DFR (Duel Force Reborn)

-- Book One: The Neo Duel Force (N/A)

-- Book Two: The Last Force of Darkness (N/A)

- Thank you for reading

-- Legendhiro

john vs. exodus. what kind of deck does exodus use? and if the forbidden lord really is a missing god card, can john defeat it? this chapter answers these questions.

[spoiler=Chapter Nine]

The Coming Exodus; The Three Gods vs. Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

“So you’re the one whose power has been upsetting the ‘Ultimate Forbidden Lord’,” Exodus stated as the shadows around us deepened.

I didn’t respond.

“Your power will soon belong to the ‘Ultimate Forbidden Lord’,” said Exodus. “I activate the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’ allowing me to draw three cards, and then discard two cards, my ‘Nubian Guard’ and ‘Right Arm of the Forbidden One’. Next I shuffle the monsters already in my Graveyard back into my deck to summon ‘Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden Lord’!”

I watched as a swirl of black wind rose up behind Exodus. In the center of the swirl appeared a large humanoid monster with dark skin wearing Ancient Egyptian garbs, black shoulders and a black headdress, identical in design to the shoulders and headdress worn by ‘Exodia’. The ‘Forbidden Lord’ flexed his massive arms (ATK: 0).

It might have zero Attack power now, I thought, but it’s still a God, so its current strength could be deceptive. And it’s sure as hell easier to summon than any of my Gods. I need to stay on my toes.

“The ‘Forbidden Lord’,” Exodus explained, “gains one thousand Attack points for every Normal Monster in my Graveyard. He can also mill one monster from my hand or deck as soon as he begins each of his attacks, and if he mills all five pieces of the legendary God ‘Exodia’, I can summon ‘Exodia’ and use his infinite power to destroy my opponent.”

Well, I thought, that’s something.

“Next,” said Exodus, “I activate ‘Painful Choice’. I choose five cards from my deck and show them to you. You pick one to let me keep in my hand, and the rest go to the Graveyard.”

He searched his deck and then showed me three copies of ‘Pharaonic Protector’ and two copies of ‘Pharaoh’s Servant’.

“Add ‘Protector’ to your hand,” I said. Exodus sent the remaining four cards to his Graveyard, and ‘Exodius’ gained four thousand Attack points (ATK: 4000). In addition, his monster grew in size.

“Two cards face-down,” said Exodus. “I end my turn.”

“Then it's time for me to destroy your God,” I said. “I draw, and I discard one card to activate ‘Dark Core’, removing your monster from play.”

A dark orb appeared above the ‘Forbidden God’, threatening to pull him into it, but ‘Exodius’ seemed to flicker out, only reappearing once the dark orb had disappeared.

“I activate,” said Exodus, “the Counter Trap card ‘Dark Illusion’, negating any effect that targets a Dark monster.”

Well, I said, now I know it’s a Dark monster, not a Divine monster. That means it’s vulnerable to Spells and Traps.

“In that case I play ‘Monster Reborn’,” I declared, a glowing red ankh appearing behind me. “With the power of this Spell card I revive the monster that I sent to the Graveyard to activate ‘Dark Core’’s effect; the God card ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’!”

154661u.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. Sacrifice 2 monsters to destroy every monster your opponent controls. Sacrifice 2 DIVINE Monsters to make the ATK of this card infinite until the End Phase.

The red ankh flashed and faded away, and a massive blue soldier with huge fists, a fiendish face, spiked shoulders and broad wings appeared. He towered over even ‘Exodius’, standing as tall as the stadium itself (ATK: 4000).

“Since ‘Obelisk’ will only remain in play for the turn,” I said, “I don’t think he’ll mind taking your God with him. ‘Obelisk’, attack with Fist of Fate!”

A yellow light appeared around ‘Obelisk’’s fist and he punched at ‘Exodius’. ‘Exodius’ raised his left arm, desperately trying to hold back his foe’s attack.

“Reveal,” said Exodus, “the Trap card ‘Fine’, letting me discard two cards from my hand.” He discarded ‘Pharaonic Protector’ and ‘Pharaoh’s Servant’ from his hand, and ‘Exodius’ grew even larger, growing until he was nearly as tall as ‘Obelisk’ (ATK: 4000+2000=6000). His arms and fists bulked up and he punched ‘Obelisk’ in the gut, destroying him and reducing him to wisps of smoke (8000+4000-6000=6000).

No, ‘Obelisk’ failed!

I couldn’t believe it. One of the Three Gods had been beaten, and the power of Exodus’ monster would only continue to grow. I had to come up with a new plan fast.

“I place one card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn.”

“Draw,” Exodus called, “and I place a card of my own face-down, set a monster, and attack, sending ‘Right Arm of the Forbidden One’ to the Graveyard (ATK: 6000+1000=7000).” ‘Exodius’ bulked up his arms again and punched, but his attack was repelled by an invisible force.

“You triggered my ‘Negate Attack’ card,” I said, “halting your attack and ending your turn. Now I draw, and I activate ‘Pot of Greed’.” I drew two cards. “I summon ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’,” a female warrior with blond hair, wearing a silver jumpsuit appeared (ATK: 1500). “Any monster that battles with her is removed from play.

“After my attack, my Life Points will fall, but your God will be dead.” My warrior lunged. ‘Exodius’ raised his hand, aiming his palm at her, and she hit an invisible wall and was repelled.

What? Does his God have another effect?

“Reveal,” said Exodus, “the Continuous Trap ‘Defense Seal Wall’.

154661rsc.jpg As long as I control this card and ‘Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord’ your monsters cannot attack. Now I draw, and I Flip Summon ‘Mask of Darkness’, returning ‘Dark Illusion’ to my hand.”

A yellow clay mask appeared (ATK: 900).

“I set a card,” Exodus continued, “and I end.”

That face-down card is obviously ‘Dark Illusion’, which means next turn when he attacks my monster he can use it to negate her effect. This guy’s really good.

“I change ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ to defense mode (DEF: 1600), and I’ll activate my own ‘Painful Choice’ card.”

I fanned out my deck and picked five cards. I showed them to my opponent. They were ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’, ‘Jinzo’, ‘Summoned Skull’, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, and ‘The Fiend Megacyber’.

“I can see from the aura around that ‘Megacyber’ card that it's your favorite, so I’ll let you hold it in your hand when I kill you.” Exodus laughed wickedly.

“It won’t stay in my hand,” I said. “I tribute ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ to summon ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ in defense mode.”

The yellow warrior appeared, crouching down and crossing his arms over his chest (DEF: 1600).

“I draw,” said Exodus, “and I attack your ‘Fiend Megacyber’, sending ‘Left Arm of the Forbidden One’ to the Grave (ATK: 7000+1000=8000).”

‘Exodius’ punched, crushing my monster. “Now,” said Exodus, “I attack you directly with ‘Mask of Darkness’ (6000-900=5100).”

Alright, I thought as the mask slammed into me and then returned to its master’s side, it’s time to end this duel right here and now.

I drew, “I activate ‘Soul Release’ and ‘Soul Absorption’, removing four monsters in my Graveyard from play and recovering two thousand Life Points (5100+2000=7100). Next I pay the two thousand Life that I just gained (7100-2000=5100) to activate ‘Dimension Fusion’, opening up a vortex to the Different Dimension.” As I spoke the sky opened up and ‘The Fiend Megacyber’, ‘Obelisk’, ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’, and a massive red dragon the length of two football fields with two mouths, the ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’, appeared. ‘Osiris’ opened his lower mouth and roared at ‘Exodius’ (ATK: 2200/4000/1500/1000).

“Of course,” I said, “none of these monsters can defeat your God, so I sacrifice ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’, ‘Sky Dragon of Osiris’, and ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ to summon the final Egyptian God.”

Clouds built in the sky overhead and lightning cracked. Then the clouds were dispersed by an intense ray of light. From the light emerged a massive eagle-like dragon, colored pure gold, with an arch over its back. It spread its wings and roared, “Introducing ‘The Winged Dragon of Ra’ (ATK: 6500)!”

154661xyy.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this monster is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster in Attack Position, reduce its ATK by 2000 to a minimum of 0. When your opponent Summons a monster in Defense Position, reduce its DEF by 2000. If its DEF is reduced to 0 by this effect, that monster is destroyed.

154661yix.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the total ATK and DEF of the monsters used to Tribute Summon this card. Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy one monster on the field. Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to increase the ATK of this monster by the amount of Life Points payed.

“I pay two thousand Life Points,” I declared, “To change my God into the Egyptian God Phoenix, giving him the power to destroy both of your monsters (5100-2000=3100)!”

The golden eagle dragon erupted into flames, becoming a phoenix made of fire. It swooped down on Exodus’ field and engulfed his monsters. Then it rose back into the air and returned to its original form. It was at that moment that ‘Exodius’ flickered back into existence.

“I saved my monster,” said Exodus, “with ‘Dark Illusion’.”

I smiled, “Then you know you’ve lost.”

Exodus only glared at me, angry.

“I pay one thousand Life Points,” I declared, ‘Megacyber’ standing at my side, “to destroy your monster (3100-1000=2100).” ‘Ra’ returned to his phoenix form and incinerated the evil God, returning to his eagle dragon form once he was finished.

“Now I pay all but one of my Life Points to increase the Attack of my monster by the same amount (2100-2099=1/6500+2099=8599). ‘Ra’, attack with Blaze Cannon!”

Energy poured from beneath the arch on the God’s back into his mouth, and a ball of fire appeared, burning nearly as bright as the sun. The fire was discharged in a massive stream that engulfed Exodus completely. The attack ended, the shadows faded, and Exodus fell to his knees, defeated (8000-8599=0). My monsters disappeared. I walked over and stood to face my opponent. He looked up at me, his face full of rage.

“Your heart has been judged evil,” I said. “You sought to spread death throughout the world, so you will experience what you wished to inflict on others. “I aimed my palm at his face and called, “Penalty Game!”

My Soul flashed, and Exodus fell limp onto his back. He stopped breathing, his face growing blank and lifeless. He would never endanger anyone again.

I reached down and picked up the ‘Exodius’ card from where it had fallen at the end of the duel. Its dark magic burned my fingertips. With one swift motion I ripped it to shreds, destroying its evil powers forever.

154661yix.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The Summoning of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards. While this card is face-up on the field, it is unaffected by Spells, Traps and Monster effects. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the total ATK and DEF of the monsters used to Tribute Summon this card. Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy one monster on the field. Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to increase the ATK of this monster by the amount of Life Points payed.

Next Chapter Round Two Begin! Max vs. The Masked Duelist

Your quite good at writing duels. I rather enjoyed it.

thanks. i spent a lot of time on these duels. i wrote the basic story over the course of several years, writing only basic duels, changing them as well as small details of the story many times until i finally settled on these duels the way they are.

Your quite good at writing duels. I rather enjoyed it.

thanks. i spent a lot of time on these duels. i wrote the basic story over the course of several years' date=' writing only basic duels, changing them as well as small details of the story many times until i finally settled on these duels the way they are.

[/quote']

So you've been thinking about this story for years? Damn!

Archived