Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

***READ THIS BEFORE READING THE CHAPTER!!!***

okay, so here it is, the first duel force special. interestingly enough, this story (which will only be four or five chapters long) has almost nothing to do with the duel force. its kinda just a way for me to develop a story i started working on a year ago, and to demonstrate the awesomeness of the cards made by my friend Ned93. before you start reading it though, there are a few things that you need to know:

-this story takes place in the time between john's duel with max in book two and when max returned to join with the duel force.

-john is not the hero of this story.

-the hero of the story is not supposed to be Ned93 (even though the cards he uses are the ones that Ned93 made), he is just loosely based off of Ned, just like all of my characters are based at leased a small amount on real people that i know. I only named him Ned because i am terrible at coming up with names.

now, without further delay, here's the first chapter!!!

[spoiler=Chapter One]

The Remarkable Ancient Cards

Eight-Thousand B.C.

Atop a mountain millennia before you were born, two dragons faced off against each other to determine the fate of the world’s future. The smaller of the two, a purple dragon with wings like a butterfly’s who commanded the life around him said, “You will never defeat me. You could fight me a hundred times throughout the next ten millennia, and still, at the time of our final battle, I would win. You are an inferior force.”

“Never,” said the larger dragon, a winged serpent with white wings and scales of gold and green, who commanded the forces of the spirit realm. “I would defeat you again and again and I would make the world mine in the end!”

The smaller dragon breathed a wave of life itself over the body of his evil enemy, and the larger dragon’s body began to fade away.

“I won’t let this happen!” the larger dragon cried. “I will use of my power to bind us to your words. We will wander the world for ten millennia, battling whenever we meet, until our one hundredth battle when our quarrel will finally be decided!”

In a blaze of light, the two dragons disappeared, not to be seen again until the renewal of their battle, doomed to wander the world for ten thousand years.

Present Day

My name is John. I’m a Duelist from Ohio, in the United States, and the leader of a fairly well known team of Duelists, known as the Duel Force. You probably haven’t heard of us, but I’ll fix that. One day the entire world will know the name Duel Force. I’m going to see to it.

At this time in the story of the Duel Force, I was at the Industrial Illusions Game Center in my local mall competing in a tournament. My old rival, Christopher Johnson, was back in town for a few days, and the winner of the tournament got to duel him. He owed me a rematch. Well, I guess from his perspective I owed him a rematch.

Either way, I had made it to the semi-finals. My next opponent was some kid named Ned. I hadn’t seen any of his duels in the tournament so far, but I’d heard talk that he was good.

I stepped up onto my end of the Duel Disk Arena, my hands in my pockets. People in the crowd cheered. A lot of them had seen my duel with Christopher last time, and even more of them had heard about it after the fact. More than a few of them were hoping for a rematch.

I took my hands out of the pockets of my favorite black jacket, brushed my brown hair out of my brown eyes, and looked up at my opponent. He was a couple years younger than me and about my height. He had hair almost as dark as mine. He seemed a bit anxious.

“You ready to start?” I asked him. He nodded. “Okay,” I said. “Just try not to look so nervous, okay? Calm down and have fun!”

“Yeah,” he said, “alright. It’s just that the buzz around here is that you’re one of the best Duelists in the region. I’m a little worried about how well I’ll measure up.”

“You’ll do fine,” I said. I drew my opening hand, saying, “Why don’t you go first.”

“Okay,” he said, picking up his first hand as well. When he did, something happened.

You see, I’m not just a Duelist. My team and I are the heirs to a legacy. The legacy of a man known as The Forgotten Duelist. We each possess a magical item, a spherical crystal pedant. The items are known as the Twelve Duelist’s Souls. My Soul, the Soul of Darkness, saw a great power within this kid. A power that I wanted to see with my own eyes.

Do you see it too? I asked Hiro, the last remnant of The Duelist’s spirit who dwelt within my Soul of Darkness.

Yes, He answered. I’m more than a little curious about this boy’s power. See if you can draw it out.

I already planned to.

“I start out,” said Ned, “with ‘Yin, Apprentice Magician’.”

165291of7.jpg A glowing white sorcerer appeared, a staff in hand (DEF: 2000). “I’ll also set two cards and end my turn.”

I frowned. What kind of monster is that? Hiro asked, appearing by my side in his transparent and invisible spirit form.

I don’t know, I replied. I’ve never seen that card before.

Be careful, He said.

Don’t worry, I said, I will. Time to see what this kid can do.

“Come on,” I said, “can’t you do better than that?” He didn’t say anything, but looked determined.

“I hope you don’t mind,” I said, “but I’m going to make you show me exactly what you can do. I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, letting me draw three cards,” I picked up three cards, “and then discard two cards,” I threw out two cards from my hand. “Next I play ‘Monster Reborn’, summoning the monster that I discarded. My favorite monster, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!”

A static bolt appeared at my side, becoming a warrior in yellow armor, his fists charged with power (ATK: 2200).

“Next,” I declared, “I play ‘Polymerization’, fusing two monsters into a new monster.” A black dragon and a red-violet-colored skeletal demon appeared and merged into a large dark gray skeletal dragon with huge, powerful claws. “Summon,” I said, “the ‘Black Skull Dragon’ (ATK: 3200)!

“’Fiend Megacyber’, attack with Megacyber Impact!” My warrior punched, but Ned’s magician was surrounded by a barrier of light before the attack could hit. “I discard a Spellcaster from my deck,” my opponent explained, “to prevent my monster from being destroyed once per turn.

“Chain, the Trap cards ‘Ancient Blast’ and ‘Ancient Codex’. Each time a card is discarded from my deck you take 300 damage from the effect of ‘Ancient Blast’,” a pulse of energy shot from his Trap and hit me directly (4000-300=3700), “and then, by the effect of ‘Ancient Codex’ I can increase your Life Points by 500 to shuffle that discarded monster back into my deck.” I was surrounded by an aura, and my Life Points were restored (3700+500=4200).

165291vq5.jpg

165291uy2.jpg

“Then I’ll attack,” I said, “with ‘Black Skull’. Black Fire Meteor!” The dragon spat fireballs, striking the magician, blowing him away.

“My Battle Phase ends,” I said. “Because all of my summons so far have been Special Summons, I can sacrifice both of my monsters to summon my ‘Maju Garzett’; a monster who’s Attack is equal to the total attack of the sacrificed monsters.” My monsters disappeared in a swirl of light, and they were replaced by a demon. One half of his body was like a brown skeleton, and the other half was covered in long yellow hair (ATK: 5400).

“Finally,” I said, “I activate ‘Double Summon’, sacrificing ‘Maju Garzett’ for the ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

The demon melted away, becoming thick black smoke that took on the form of a much larger brown skeletal demon with a red sphere in his forehead and a red sphere in each of his shoulders.

“The demon, ‘Great Maju Garzett’, has Attack equal to twice the Attack of the sacrificed monster.” The demon roared (ATK: 10,800).

“I activate the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’,” I declared, “letting us each draw until we hold six cards. Then I set a card, and I end my turn.”

I looked into my opponent’s eyes as the crowd cheered for me. Not many Duelists could summon a monster with 10,000 plus Attack points in their first turn, and many of the spectators were impressed. I don’t know what I expected to see in my opponent’s eyes, but it wasn’t confidence. I looked into his eyes, and I saw confidence there. He really was strong. But is he strong enough?

“Come on,” I said, “I don’t think you can beat my monster. Prove me wrong.”

“Okay,” he said, “I will.

“I start out with the Spell card ‘Colour Burst’,

165291pd5.jpg discarding ‘Neon, Recurring Failure’, ‘Ancient Hieroglyphic’, and ‘Meditation’ from my deck to draw three cards and increase your Life Points by 1000.”

165291sg7.jpg

165291sv8.jpg

165291vx4.jpg

He drew his three cards, and once again I was surrounded by an aura and my Life increased (4200+1000=5200).

“But of course,” he said, “because I discarded three cards from my deck, you take 900 damage.” I was hit again by the energy burst from his Trap (5200-900=4300).

“Next up I play the Spell card ‘Monster Reborn’,” said Ned, “to call ‘Yin’ back from the dead.” His magician reappeared.

“Now,” he continued, “for my key card. I activate ‘Spiritual Promotion’,

165291cd4.jpg discarding ‘Lin, Keeper of Peace’ and ‘Shao, Keeper of Rage’ from my deck to transform ‘Yin’ into the ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’,

165291le3.jpg and to deal you another 600 points of damage.”

165291la3.jpg

165291sn2.jpg

Another burst fired at me from his Trap card (4300-600=3700), and ‘Yin’ was surrounded in a bright light that pulsated outward. The magician became a large pure white dragon. The dragon looked down at his master and then looked back up at me and roared (ATK: 2500).

“Next,” said Ned, “I summon ‘Yang, Fearless Warrior’.”

165291nc3.jpg A warrior in gleaming blue armor appeared, his helm shaped like a dragon, riding aback a horse in similar armor (ATK: 1600). “And I activate ‘Magical Stone Excavation’, discarding ‘Keeper’s Impact’ and ‘Natural Selection’ to return ‘Spiritual Promotion’ to my hand.

“I reactivate ‘Spiritual Promotion’,” Ned continued, “discarding another Dark monster and another Light monster from my deck to the Graveyard, transforming ‘Yang’ into ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’!”

165291cp4.jpg I was hit again by his Trap card (3700-600=3100), and in a flash of dark light, the warrior became a second dragon, ‘Yin’’s twin, except that it was stark black in color (ATK: 3000).

“Finally,” said Ned, “I activate the Spell card ‘Ancient Dragon’s Judgment’.

165291gh0.jpg Because I control both ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ I can discard ‘Nessor, Goddess of Darkness’, ‘Aria, Goddess of Light’, ‘Last Stand’, and ‘Waboku’ from my deck to destroy every face-up card that you control and deal you 500 damage.”

165291wb7.jpg

165291wc6.jpg

165291kb3.jpg

The two dragons spread their wings and radiated a pulse of dark and white light that washed over the field, destroying my monster (3100-500-1200=1400).

“I finish it,” said Ned, with the Attack of ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’, Positive Force!”

The white dragon inhaled, pure white energy building within its mouth.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Shadow Spell’, blocking your attack,” chains made of shadows ensnared the dragon, preventing his attack.

“Then I attack with my ‘Yang Dragon’ instead,” he said, “Negative Force!” The dragon built up a pulse of negative energy and fired it at me from above. It hit, and my Life Points fell to zero (1400-3000=0).

I walked over and shook my opponent’s hand. “You’re good,” I said. “Those are some good cards.”

“Yeah,” he said. “I’ve had them ever since I was a little kid.” He shot me a wide smile, “They sure are something, aren’t they? I think you could have put up a better fight though if you’d tried. You were testing me, right?”

“Yeah,” I said, “sorry.”

“It’s cool,” he said. “I’m only in town for today anyway, but I hope we get to duel again someday. Then you can show me what you can really do!”

We parted ways then. I’d missed my chance to duel Christopher, but I’d had a very interesting duel in exchange. It was a duel that I would never forget.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Ned ! :P

Umm...I've changed that Ancient Dragons' Judgment Spell Card . . . But, I still haven't posted the NEW version which prevents Dragons from attacking during this turn. :P

And Ancient Hieroglyphic was created so Dragons could be Summoned with Ancient Rules - just like you thought.

I like that Ned won, but you went easy on him . . . o__O

Still, I like the story A LOT !

Well done ! +1 Rep for you.

^___^

and on to chapter two!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Two]

The Warning

After my loss in the tournament I headed home by bus. It was only 10:30 in the morning. There was still time to catch a couple Saturday Morning Cartoons while I surfed the web for Duel Monsters news. I’d just have to get my rematch with Christopher another time. Oh well.

I got off of the bus down the street from my house and walked the rest of the way home. When I stepped onto my front porch I saw a package with my name on it sitting beside the door. The return address indicated that the package was sent by an old ally of mine, Maxamillion Pegasus; head of the gaming giant Industrial Illusions, and creator of the Duel Monsters Trading Card Game. I frowned as I picked up the package and carried it inside. Wonder what Pegasus wants this time.

I headed upstairs to my room. My mom was home, cleaning up the kitchen. Despite the fact that she was a capable Duelist, I didn’t like bugging her with the kinds of stuff my team and I were always faced with. I didn’t want her to worry, ya know? So I decided to take the package up to my room and open it there, just in case.

I jumped onto my bed, the only place to sit in my entire room, and sat back against the wall, tearing the package open almost before I was settled. It was a video cassette. Of course it’s a video, I thought. What else would it be?

I stood up and reached across the room, inserting the tape into my VCR. It started playing automatically. I stepped back and sat on the edge of my mattress, waiting anxiously to hear what the whimsical but wise Pegasus had to say.

The screen went blue for a second an image flickered onto it. Pegasus was sitting at a desk, his fingers resting on the desktop. He had an uncharacteristically nervous look in his visible eye. The one not covered by his shoulder-length white hair.

“Greetings my friend,” said the recording. “I’m afraid I have some bad news. But before I give you said bad news, I must tell you a story.”

Huh, I thought, He cut right to the chase. No one-sided banter or bad jokes. This must be serious.

“I recently acquired,” Pegasus said, “a large collection of ancient scrolls. I intended to use these scrolls to help research new material for the Duel Monsters game, but instead I discovered an ancient legend that, according to astronomical evidence, is about to come to fruition. Two massively powerful forces who have been fighting a back and forth battle for ten thousand years are about to fight their final battle.

“According to the legend,” Pegasus continued, “the two forces, one that represents good fortune, and one that represents bad fortune, have been battling periodically for the last ten thousand years. Every one of their battles contributed to the fate of the world until the next time they would meet. Every time the spirit of misfortune won, the next age was filled with destruction and despair. You of course know of the Dark Ages. Now they are coming up on their one hundredth and final battle. If the evil Divine Dragon defeats his ancient enemy, then the world will be forever shrouded in misfortune!

“From what I can tell, astrological signs point to the fact that their final battle, a great Shadow Duel, will take place near you within twenty-four hours of when I made this tape. Its ten P.M. here. You will not get this tape until tomorrow, giving you closer to twelve hours before the battle will begin.

“The spirit of fair fortune will have found a Duelist from our time to wield his power. You must find this Duelist and warn him of the coming battle. It may not make a difference, but I think you will agree that you have to try.

“I do not know in what form the Divine Dragon will appear, but I do want to warn you that he could easily mistake the power of your Soul for the power of his Ancient Rival. He may come after you first. If he does, do everything in your power to avoid fighting him. It is a battle that you cannot win.

“Good luck.”

I was speechless. The tape came to a stop and rewound completely before I finally wrapped my head around what Pegasus had said. How was I supposed to find some Duelist that I probably didn’t even know? Pegasus had way too high an opinion of me.

But he’s right, I admitted to myself, I have to try. Even if it ends up that it doesn’t matter, I have to do everything that I can. I have to try to find this Duelist and warn him of what’s coming. And around here, if you’re looking for a Duelist, there’s only one good place to start. I got up and headed out, back to the Game Center.

I had to wait almost thirty minutes for the next bus to arrive, and, of course, the bus took time getting me to where I was going. By the time I reached the stop closest to the mall, I could sense a powerful evil presence in the air. Something strong was coming. A dark cloud rolled in, casting a shadow over the entire area. The Divine Dragon Spirit could arrive at any moment. Naturally I took the distance between the bus stop and the mall at a run.

I ran strait for the Game Center’s outer entrance. You’ll never guess who was walking out the door just as I approached. There in the doorway was my rival, Christopher Johnson. He had dark brown hair and almost yellow brown eyes and he wore a red shirt, dark blue jeans, and a jean jacket tied around his waist.

He smiled and moved to stand in my way. “Well,” he said, “this sure is a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed that you lost. I was looking forward to our rematch, especially since I’m about to leave of a tour along the west coast for the next eight months.”

“Sorry Christopher,” I said, “but I don’t have time for this right now. I’m looking for someone and I have to find them as soon as I can.”

“Okay,” he said, switching his Duel Disk on (LP: 4000). “Beat me and I’ll let you through.”

I guess I don’t have a choice, I thought, switching my Duel Disk on as well. But before the duel could begin, my Soul sensed the approach of a powerful invisible Duel Monster Spirit. Maybe more than one. I looked around and I finally saw them through the power of my Soul. There were four of them standing on the Game Center roof, right behind Christopher. They were a cat-like beast with wings made of white energy, a wolf-like beast made of red energy, a large bird made of gold energy, and a sort of flying lizard made of blue energy. There was a fierceness about them.

I have to use my Soul to see them. That means Christopher won’t be able to tell that they’re there. I have to convince him to leave before they attack.

“Christopher, I don’t think this is a good time. You should just go.” I glanced up at the Duel Monster Spirits, and Christopher followed my gaze, stepped back, and gasped. He could see them!

“So you can see Duel Monster Spirits too,” he said to me. “I always thought I was the only one.”

“You have to get out of here. They’re after me.”

“Yeah,” said Christopher, his voice dripping sarcasm, “because you’re really that important.”

It was about then that we heard someone approaching us from the parking lot. We turned. A tall man with gray-white hair and incredibly pale skin wearing a trench coat stopped twenty yards away. His expression was blank and his eyes were unfocused, and when he spoke it was obvious that the deep intense voice that he used has not his own.

“You are not the one I’m looking for,” the man said. “But you are strong. Tell me, where I can find the one with the Ancient Spirits, or die.”

“Sorry,” I said, “but I honestly don’t know.

“Then I will crush you and take your duel energy to increase my own power,” the man said. The four Spirit Monsters jumped down, landing around the three of us at four equidistant points. The reached out with their own energy, creating a sort of energy cage around us, preventing our escape. Then the four Spirits became energy and plunged into the man’s deck.

“This guy’s being controlled by something,” said Christopher, “and I don’t think he’s going to let us go until we duel him.”

“Wow,” I said sarcastically, “ya think?”

wow! it seems like the spirit arrived 12 hours early ^-^

I wonder what kind of role does christopher play in the regular story :) I don't know if he's more like a jaiden or like a kaiba for the story or in which way is he going to help in the regular story and in the special :D

in the special Chapter 2, I hope Ned is still around, otherwise it seems like john won't stand a chance...(or maybe I'm trusting pegasus too much and john has a chanse since he is with christopher and not alone)...

I know it sounds weird, but I'm trying to replicate john's and karen's decks... they just seem fun to play. (john gave me a reason to play chaos greed. is karen also having a boost in her deck in the future too?)

this Ned guy must be good and be the main character of the special, but I wonder if he knows about all this that is happening or he thinks that's a normal rare deck...hmm...

:D :D :D

this Ned guy must be good and be the main character of the special' date=' but I wonder if he knows about all this that is happening or he thinks that's a normal rare deck...hmm...

[/quote']

Well, of course I know - I'm reading this! o__O

Just kidding!

Well done once again!

I can't wait for Chapter 3!

^__^

wow! it seems like the spirit arrived 12 hours early ^-^

I wonder what kind of role does christopher play in the regular story :) I don't know if he's more like a jaiden or like a kaiba for the story or in which way is he going to help in the regular story and in the special :D

in the special Chapter 2' date=' I hope Ned is still around, otherwise it seems like john won't stand a chance...(or maybe I'm trusting pegasus too much and john has a chanse since he is with christopher and not alone)...

I know it sounds weird, but I'm trying to replicate john's and karen's decks... they just seem fun to play. (john gave me a reason to play chaos greed. is karen also having a boost in her deck in the future too?)

this Ned guy must be good and be the main character of the special, but I wonder if he knows about all this that is happening or he thinks that's a normal rare deck...hmm...

[/quote']

christopher would be more important, except that he's a little arrogant. this next duel kinda serves to put him in his place. his and john's safety really ends up depending on weather or not ned defeats the Divine Dragon. and that really depends on weather or not he knows about his destiny. i guess you guys will have to wait to find out.

and yes, karen's deck will get a major upgrade soon.

and Ned93, i like the new avatar.

chapter three is upon us!

[spoiler=Chapter Three]

The Spirits Strike!

“You cannot escape our power,” said the man who was being used like a puppet.

“I don’t think you know who you’re dealing with,” said Christopher. “I’m Christopher Johnson, Regional Duel Monsters Champion.”

“Don’t underestimate this guy,” I said. “He’s more powerful that he looks.”

“You just want me to be careful so you can beat him and show me up again.” Christopher replied. “Well I’m not going to let that happen.”

He looked over at me, smiling confidently, and said, “Don’t worry, it’s not like he can beat both of us.”

“I’m going to destroy you,” the Puppet Man said, “and I’ll begin with a face-down monster and one face-down card.”

“That’s all?” Christopher said. “John, you’re next. Show this guy what a real Duelist can do.”

“Right,” I said. This guy’s strong, I can feel it. Better play it safe for now.

I drew my card, “I summon my ‘Strike Ninja’ and set a face-down card of my own.” As the black-clad ninja appeared at my side, I looked over at Christopher and said, “Don’t get carried away. You aren’t invincible. Our last duel should be proof of that.”

“Don’t worry,” he said, “I know what I’m doing.”

He drew his card, “I’m going to show you both exactly why I’m called the King of OTK by winning this duel this turn! I begin with the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and discarding two cards.” He drew his three cards, then selected two cards from his hand and placed them in his graveyard.

“This,” said Christopher, “activates the effect of the ‘Polarity Dragon card that I discarded by ‘Charity’’s effect.

154661pi6.jpg I remove him and ‘Burning Beast’ in my Graveyard from play to deal you 1000 damage.” A transparent twelve-foot-tall dragon appeared behind Christopher. One half of its body was red and wreathed in fire. The other half of its body was an icy gray and wreathed in a frigid blue energy. The fire coalesced in the dragon’s mouth and it fired at our opponent (4000-1000=3000). Then the dragon faded away.

“Next,” said Christopher, “I summon ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’.”

154661vm7.jpg A beautiful woman in red appeared, carrying a katana wreathed in flames (ATK: 2200). “Next I play ‘Double Summon’, letting me summon ‘Frozen Sorceress’ to the field as well.”

154661eg6.jpg A second young woman appeared. She had long blue-white hair and wore an elegant black dress (ATK: 2200).

“Finally,” he said, “I activate ‘Clash of Polarity’,

154661di5.jpg increasing the Attack of my ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’ by 800.” The lady swordsman was surrounded by swirling red and blue energy (2200+800=3000).

“And to ensure my victory,” said Christopher, “I activate ‘Deadly Ice Field’,

154661ma5.jpg destroying your face-down Spell or Trap card.”

“Then I might as well activate my face-down Spell now,” the Puppet Man said. “Reveal ‘Spirit Banish’.”

154661qb2.jpg His card flipped up, just as a bunch of icy spires burst up out of the ground, skewering and destroying it.

“Whatever,” said Christopher. “It doesn’t matter what you do. I’m still going to win this turn. My ‘Frozen Sorceress’ destroys your face-down monster, and then ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’ finishes you off.”

‘Frozen Sorceress’ summoned up a gust of icy wind, and ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’ swung her katana, flinging fire at the foe. He’s right, I thought. If his attack connects, this duel is over!

But then the face-down monster, the golden energy bird, was revealed. It changed, becoming a beautiful red phoenix with golden feathers in its wings. It flapped, summoning up a wall of fire that blocked the two attacks.

“Your attack revealed the ‘Golden Spirit Phoenix’ (DEF: 1900).

154661pm8.jpg When she would be destroyed in battle, I can discard a “Spirit” monster from my deck to prevent her destruction. Also, because I activated ‘Spirit Banish’ this turn, I can choose to remove one of those monsters from play instead, activating its effect. When my ‘White Spirit Leo’ in my deck is removed from play, he’s Special Summoned at the End Phase.” A ball of white energy appeared at the Puppet Man’s side.

Christopher scowled and said, “I end my turn, activating ‘Blazing Warrior Lady’’s effect. I take damage equal to her Attack points.” The ‘Warrior Lady’’s fire flared up, singing away a large potion of Christopher’s Life (4000-3000=1000).

“Then my monster is summoned!” said the Puppet Man. The white energy took the form of the winged white energy beast. He shed the energy, becoming a white-furred winged lion. “Behold ‘White Spirit Leo’ (ATK: 2200)!

154661zx1.jpg

“I draw,” the Puppet man said, “and I activate the Spell card ‘Spirit Bounty’

154661xi4.jpg removing a “Spirit” in my Graveyard from play to draw three cards.” Another energy creature, the blue winged lizard appeared, and merged with the top three cards of the Puppet Man’s deck, causing then to glow, and he drew. “Next I activate the effect of ‘Red Spirit Lupo’ in my hand, removing two monsters in my deck from play to lower his level in my hand by two until the end of my turn. I summon him now!”

The red energy beast appeared, becoming a black wolf with red eyes and red auras surrounding each of its paws.

154661os4.jpg He howled (ATK: 2300).

“Activate ‘Spirit Release’,”

154661qf1.jpg the Puppet Man said, “letting one of my monsters attack a player in his spirit form.” The wolf’s red spirit form emerged from his body, which collapsed, and attacked Christopher directly (1000-1150=0). Christopher collapsed, unconscious, his energy drained away. ‘Lupo’’s spirit flew back into his body and he rose to his feet.

Oh crap!

“Now,” my opponent said, “I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’.” A burst of wind tore through my face-down ‘Mirror Force’.

Double Crap!

“’White Spirit Lupo’, destroy the ‘Strike Ninja’, Spirit Claw!” The lion slashed at my monster and three white claw streaks flew toward my ‘Ninja’, slicing him to pieces (4000+1700-2200=3500). “Next I attack with ‘Red Spirit Lupo’, Spirit Fang, activating the Spell card ‘Berserker Form’,

154661fd5.jpg increasing my monster’s Attack by 900.” ‘Lupo’’s body became more humanoid and he stood on his hind legs (2300+900=3200). He bared his teeth at me. Red energy fangs burst from his mouth, growing larger, and biting me. The pain was almost unbearable (3500-3200=300). I dropped to one knee.

“I place one card face-down,” the Puppet Man said, “and end my turn.”

I clenched my teeth against the pain and stood up. “I may be behind,” I said, “but I’m far from done. I don’t know what kind of magic you possess, but you should know that I have magic all my own.” My Soul of Darkness flashed and I drew my card, calling out, “Destiny Draw!”

I placed my newest card on my Duel Disk, and a burst of static flared up at my side. From the static emerged the yellow warrior, “I summon ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ (ATK: 2200)!”

“To my monster,” I said, “I equip the ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’ and ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’.” The armor on my monster’s right arm stretched out over his hand and formed a longsword, and in his left hand appeared an evil-looking sword that emitted a dark light (2200+800+400=3400).

“You don’t have the advantage anymore,” I said. “Now I control the field. ‘Fiend Megacyber’, attack ‘Lupo’ with Megadark Slash!”

My monster raised his ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’ over his head and he was wreathed in the swords dark aura. Then he raised the ‘Fusion Sword’ and ran strait at my opponent’s strongest monster.

“Reveal,” said the Puppet Man, “the Trap card ‘Convergence of Spirits’,

154661ky4.jpg merging my three “Spirits” into the Ultimate Spirit!” The three creatures returned to their spirit forms and flew up into the dark cloud building overhead. A long serpentine form made of green energy descended from the clouds. “Behold,” the Puppet Man said, “my true form, ‘Divine Spirit Dracon’!”

154661ob6.jpg

The serpentine form shed the green energy, becoming a long golden-green dragon at least one hundred yards long with broad white-feathered wings and strands of long greed hair coming off of the back of its head. It let out a massive bellowing roar (ATK: 3700).

The voice that had previously come from the Puppet Man now came from the dragon that floated overhead. “I counterattack, Spirit Burst Breath!”

The dragon opened his mouth and breathed green-gold light down from above.

“I make my last stand here!” I declared. “’Fiend Megacyber’, attack!”

My monster jumped up, swords raised, and pushed back against the dragon’s attack, but he was overpowered and destroyed. The beam continued through. There was nothing I could do. The beam hit me, and I felt myself drift away.

(300+3400-3700=0).

chapter four!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Four]

The Battle Begins

My name’s Ned. Ever since I was young I’ve been able to see the spirits of Duel Monsters. Two of them in particular. I have a very unique deck filled with card that no other Duelists have ever seen before. Two of those monsters have a tendency to appear to me. They always told me that I was destined for something great, and that I had to remain strong because one day it would be up to me to aid them in a battle that would determine the fate of the whole world! If someone told me that I had that kind of destiny I never would have believed them, but when that kind of news comes from two giant dragons, it’s a lot easier to believe it.

I was on my way to the airport by bus. I was only in town for the day. My stay was up. I was staring out the window of the bus absentmindedly when the world around me grew dark, just as it always did when my Duel Spirits appeared.

“Its time,” said ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’, his voice calm.

“You mean…”

“Yes,” said ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’, his voice fierce, “our enemy has revealed himself. Its time for our battle to be waged. He’s on his way now. You must prepare!”

I got off of the bus at the next stop and ran into a nearby wood. I was nervous, my stomach turning summersaults, but I’d known that this battle was coming for awhile, so I was ready. Still, if this battle was going to happen, I had to make sure that it happened away from people.

As I ran, the dragon spirits flew above me. The sky grew dark as a black cloud rolled in overhead.

He’s coming, said ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’.

“Are there any people nearby?” I asked the dragons. They rose up higher and looked around. Then they swooped back down close to me.

You’re all alone here, said ‘Yang’. You can fight here.

I turned, ready to face the oncoming foe, “Good, then we really should get this over with.”

I stared into the darkened woods, and I waited. It wasn’t long before a figure approached. He was pale and his face was blank. I could tell that whatever had happened to this man, he hadn’t lived through it. He was the walking dead now.

My monster spirits faded away and I switched on my Duel Disk. “Who are you?” I demanded.

“I am,” he said through a mouth that wasn’t his own, “the greatest force to ever exist, ‘Divine Spirit Dracon’. I have possessed this body in order to duel you. I will destroy and gain dominance over the fate of this world for the rest of eternity!”

“No you won’t,” I said. “I won’t let you!”

“Are you sure you want to fight me?” the dragon asked. “If I win, you will die. Did those foolish dragons tell you that part?”

“Yeah,” I answered, “I’ve known about the stakes of this battle for awhile. I’m prepared for the consequences. And don’t think I don’t know what I’m doing. If there’s one thing I know how to do its duel.”

And I wasn’t bluffing. I was ready for this fight. Ever since I was young and my two Duel Spirits started appearing to me they’d been telling me about my destiny. They gave me plenty of chances to back out of this, but I declined them all. I wasn’t about to let the world be doomed if there was anything I could do about it.

“If that’s what you want,” the dragon said, “I’ll begin. I summon ‘Golden Spirit Phoenix’,” a bird made of golden energy appeared, taking the form of a phoenix with golden feathers (ATK: 400). “I sacrifice ‘Golden Spirit Phoenix’ to Special Summon ‘Blue Spirit Wyvern’.”

154661pm2.jpg The phoenix disappeared in a burst of flames and was replaced by a blue, winged energy creature, like a small dragon. The energy creature became an icy blue wyvern (ATK: 2200).

“Now,” said ‘Dracon’, “I activate the ‘Wyvern’’s effect, sacrificing him to deal 800 points of damage. Frigid Blast!” The ‘Wyvern’ became energy and split into pieces that took the form of several chunks of ice, several of which were pretty sharp. The ice rained down on me. One large piece hit me in the gut, and one of the sharper-edged pieces sliced the skin of my left cheek. I pressed on the wound to stop the bleeding (4000-800=3200).

“Next,” said the dragon, “I pay 800 Life Points to activate ‘Premature Burial’ (4000-800=3200), reviving ‘Wyvern’,” the small dragon returned, “and I activate his effect a second time.” Once again I was pelted by ice (3200-800=2400).

“I place two cards face-down,” the dragon said, “and end my turn.”

“Then it’s finally time for me to fight back,” I said. “I begin by summoning ‘Yang, Fearless Warrior’. I discard one Warrior-type monster, ‘Lee, Recurring Nightmare’,

165291ju5.jpg from my deck to allow the ‘Fearless Warrior’ to attack twice this turn.” ‘Yang’ was surrounded by a dark aura. “’Yang’, attack!” He raised his sword and moved to strike.

“Reveal,” said the dragon, “my Trap card ‘Spirit Revival’,

154661yf8.jpg summoning a monster back to the field in its spirit form to block your attack.”

‘Yang’ slashed, but his blade was blocked by the golden spirit bird. Energy pulsed from the point where spirit met steel, and ‘Yang’ was pushed back to my side. The bird shed its spirit form (ATK: 400).

“’Yang’,” I commanded, “now that it’s vulnerable again, use your second attack to kill it.” ‘Yang’ charged and cut the ‘Phoenix’ in half.

“Reveal,” said ‘Dracon’, “the Trap card ‘Spirit Barrier’, protecting my Life Points from damage.”

“Then I guess all I can do,” I said, “is place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

CHAPTER FIVE!!!!!

this is the final chapter in Special #1. enjoy!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

The Battle Concludes

“My turn begins with the Spell card ‘Spirit Bounty’,” said the dragon. “I remove ‘Blue Spirit Wyvern’ from play to draw three cards from my deck.”

He pulled his cards and said, “Activate ‘Spirit Reborn’,

154661fy2.jpg reviving one “Spirit” monster from my Graveyard and then dealing you 100 damage for every card left in my Graveyard with “Spirit” in its name.” The golden spirit form of ‘Golden Spirit Phoenix’ appeared again and its eyes flashed red. I was wreathed in a red light that drained away 200 of my Life Points before fading away (2400-200=2200). The ‘Phoenix’ shed her spirit form (DEF: 1900).

“Next I remove two Beast monsters in my deck from play to lower the level of ‘Red Spirit Lupo’ in my hand by two to four and summon him. And because one of the Beasts that I removed was ‘White Spirit Leo’, he’s summoned at the end of the turn.” A white energy ball appeared at ‘Dracon’’s side and a red beast shaped form appeared ahead of him, becoming a black wolf with red eyes and red auras around his paws (ATK: 2300).

“’Red Spirit Lupo’, destroy ‘Yang, Fearless Warrior’ with Spirit Fang!”

‘Lupo’ bit down, releasing a set of red energy fangs that flew toward my monster. The fangs hit, tearing my monster to pieces (2200+1600-2300=1500).

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Meditation’, adding ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ in my deck to my hand.”

A card slid from my deck and I placed it in my hand.

“I end my turn,” the dragon said. He was confident, and he had good reason to be. I had a plan, but the way things were going, even if my luck was good, it would be tough to pull off.

“Because my turn’s over,” the dragon said, “my ‘White Spirit Leo’ is summoned to the field as well.”

The mass of white energy took on the form of a white lion with wings. The lion let out a roar (ATK: 2200).

“This is far from over ‘Dracon’,” I said. “I summon ‘Yin, Apprentice Magician’, and I activate the Spell card ‘Spiritual Promotion’, discarding ‘Ness, Protector of Heaven’ and ‘Arian, Protector of Demise’ to transform ‘Yin, Apprentice Magician’ into ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’!”

165291fb3.jpg

165291yh2.jpg

‘Yin’ glowed bright white and changed into a large brilliant white dragon (DEF: 3000). He looked down at me and spoke, “Be careful. Things are about to get worse.”

“I know,” I said. Then to ‘Dracon’ I said, “I chain the Continuous Trap ‘Ancient Blast’. You take damage equal to the number of cards that I discarded from my deck times 300 (3200-600=2600). Now I set a card and end my turn, discarding ‘Shao, Keeper of Rage’ from my deck to keep ‘Yin’ on the field, and deal you 300 more damage (2600-300=2300).

“Sorry,” said ‘Dracon’, “but that won’t be enough. I set a card, and since I have the Red Spirit, the White Spirit, and the Golden Spirit on the field all at once I can combine them to summon forth my true form!” The three “Spirits” returned to their energy forms and flew up into the dark cloud overhead. From the cloud descended a massive one-hundred-yard-long serpentine dragon with green-gold scales, long strands of green hair coming off of the back of its head, and broad wings with white feathers (ATK: 3700).

“I have finally arrived!” the massive dragon said “Now nothing can stop me!”

He opened his mouth and laughed. It sounded like a grumbling roar. “Did you miss me ‘Yin’?” he asked. My dragon looked him in the eyes and said, “You’d be amazed by just how much I didn’t miss you ‘Dracon’.”

The dragon laughed again, “Well I missed you. I missed being able to do this. Spirit Burst Breath!”

‘Dracon’ fired a beam from his mouth strait at my dragon. “Sorry ‘Dracon’,” I said, “but I won’t let you do that!” the beam was blocked by a barrier. Behind the barrier stood three priests in blue robes. “My ‘Waboku’ Trap,” I explained, “will block your attack.”

“Only for one turn,” ‘Dracon’ said dismissively.

“One turn’s enough. Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’,” I declared, “letting us both draw until we hold six cards. Next I play the Spell card ‘Colour Burst’.”

“Chain,” said ‘Dracon’, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ to destroy the ‘Ancient Blast’ Trap.”

“I discard ‘Noya, Recurring Blessing’, ‘Last Stand’, and ‘Ancient Codex’ from my deck,” I continued, “to draw three cards from my deck and increase your Life Points by 1000 (2300+1000=3300).” I pulled three cards, and I smiled. “Sorry ‘Dracon’. You die this turn!”

“Your hand's that good?” asked ‘Yin’.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I’ve got everything under control.”

“Impossible,” said ‘Dracon’. “I’m unstoppable!”

“That’s where you’re wrong. I start out with ‘Ancient Hieroglyphic’, a Continuous Spell that allows me to treat every monster in my hand as a normal monster. This lets me play ‘Ancient Rule’ to Special Summon ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ (ATK: 3000)!”

My second Duel Spirit, the stark black dragon, appeared at my side. “It’s about time you summoned me,” he said. “I was starting to get bored with waiting in your hand.”

“Hello ‘Yang’,” said ‘Dracon’, “isn’t this great? All of us back together again?”

‘Yang’ looked ‘Dracon’ in the eyes, “No, it’s not.”

“Alright,” I said, “time to finish this battle once and for all. Activate ‘Polymerization’, combining ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ into their supreme form!”

“It’s time,” said ‘Yin’.

“It’s about time!” said ‘Yang’

The two dragons flew high into the air and in a flash they merged into a larger dragon with purple scales and large colorful wings with patterns like a butterfly’s

165291bm9.jpg

“Behold,” I said, “the true form of my Spirits, ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’!” The dragon landed at my side and let out an echoing roar that seemed to reverberate in all things (ATK: 2500). “While ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’ remains on the field you lose 500 Attack, 100 for every Warrior in my Graveyard (3700-500=3200). It’s fitting that this, your final battle, will end the same way as the first more than ten millennia ago; with you, ‘Dracon’, falling to the power of the Ultimate Ancient Dragon.”

“I still have more than enough power to destroy the ‘Ancient Dragon’,” said ‘Dracon’.

“Hold on ‘Dracon’,” I said, “I never said I was finished. I activate ‘Last Hope’,

165291dn9.jpg sacrificing ‘Nessor, Goddess of Darkness’ on hand (ATK of ‘Dracon’: 3200-100=3100) to summon ‘Aria, Goddess of Light’.” A beautiful woman in gleaming armor appeared, staff raised (DEF: 1000). I looked over at my newest monster and nodded, and she nodded back, rising into the air. She aimed her staff, and ‘Dracon’ was wreathed in light. He cried out in pain.

“While ‘Aria’ is on the field,” I explained, “all opposing monsters lose 100 Attack times their level.”

‘Dracon’’s Attack fell further (3100-900=2200).

“No!” cried ‘Dracon’. “This can’t be! This is my last chance!”

“That’s right,” said ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’, “our pact has finally ended. You will have no more chances to gain dominance over the earth. When you die today, you will never return!

“I strike the final blow,” my dragon said. Together we called out, “Breath of Harmony!”

The dragon breathed a pulse of light that radiated multiple colors. The life and all the world around me sang its desire to see ‘Dracon’’s end, and the mighty dragon was vaporized under the power of my dragon’s attack.

“I’m still alive,” said ‘Dracon’, speaking through the human body that he possessed (LP: 3300).

“Not for long,” I said, “because I have one more card left to play!

“Activate the Spell card ‘De-Fusion’, separating ‘Ancient Dragon of Life’ into ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’.” In a burst of rainbow-colored light the dragon separated and ‘Ancient Yin Dragon’ and ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’ reappeared.

“’Ancient Yin Dragon’, ‘Ancient Yang Dragon’,” I commanded, “attack! Positive Force! Negative Force!”

The two dragons unleashed their attacks, and the dragon was blown away.

“Our battle is finally over,” ‘Yang’ said.

“Now,” said ‘Yin’, “we can finally rest.

He looked down at me and said, “My friend, thank you for your part in this. Now its time to say goodbye.”

“Do you have to go?” I asked, feeling pained.

“Yes,” ‘Yin’ replied. “We have long outlived our time.”

The dragons and the cards in my deck faded into the light.

“Goodbye, my friends,” I said. I turned and walked back toward the bus stop.

John

I woke up in the same place as where I’d fallen. I looked around. Christopher was still out cold.

I’m alive, I thought. I guess the good guy won after all, whoever he was, and the “Ancient Dragon” can rest in peace.

I looked up into the sky and saw that the dark cloud had parted, letting the sunlight through. I squinted, and I could have sworn I saw a gleaming purple dragon departing into the light.

*Book Four, Terror of Blackheart, begins soon!*

yeah, i wrote it a few years ago more for me and my friends. i still change little things like grammar and stuff though as i go. typing it finally gave me an excuse "finalize" the story 100%. what you see here will be the final version. of course the card maker lets me finally make realistic versions of the original cards that i wrote into the story. it's a big help.

AND SO IT BEGINS!!!

[spoiler=Chapter One]

John, the Hero

It had already been several months since the massive battle between my team, the Duel Force, and the last assassins of the evil Duelists of the Order of the Divine Cards, known as the Dark Duel Force. My team and I are guardians of a sort. We stand guard over the legacy of a man who lived three-thousand years ago, The Forgotten Duelist. Each member of my team is the wielder of a magical item known as a Duelist’s Soul. We are really just place holders, hanging on to the Souls until the Duelist returns to destroy his dark side, a creature called Blackheart. But while we waited, the Order tried their hardest to steal the Souls and their magic for themselves.

But now, it seemed, the Order had backed down. Their leader, Marik, was defeated. Some members of my team aren't sure I really finished him off in my duel with him, but I'm sure. The Order was without a leader. What this meant for the members of this rather large group I couldn’t say. But what it seemed to mean for us was that the Order was finally leaving us alone. For the first time in coming up on a year and a half we were safe, at least for now.

My friends Karen, Tucker, and Rocky, my sister Sarah, my cousin Jen and I were sitting around one of the round tables in the local mall’s Game Center. I was watching a duel taking place on the Duel Disk Arena in the center of the room. A duel between a kid named Richard, who I had dueled once before, and my apprentice, a thirteen-year-old girl named Jenna Rein. She was unique, which was why when she asked me to help her improve as a Duelist I agreed. Her uniqueness was apparent even in her clothing. She wore a brown skirt that stopped just above her knees, a flannel long sleeve button-up shirt, and pink knee high socks with thin purple stripes running down them. She flipped her long frizzy brown hair back out of her freckled face and stared down her opponent’s monsters, two mighty black beasts, both called ‘Gravity Chimera’ (ATK: 3000 (each)).

154661ry8.jpg

The attacks of my two ‘Gravity Chimeras’ against your monsters,” Richard said, “bring your Life Points down quite a bit (Jenna’s Life Points: 1100). And before my turn ends, I play ‘Polymerization’, fusing the ‘Gravity Chimera’ in play with the ‘Gravity Beast in my hand to form ‘Ultra-Gravity Chimera’.”

Darkness enveloped one of the two massive beasts and it grew into an even larger beast with long fangs and a thick black mane (ATK: 3800).

1hz7lg.jpg

“At the end of a turn in which ‘Ultra-Gravity Chimera’ did not attack,” Richard explained, “my opponent takes 1000 damage.” The beast fired a beam from his mouth at my young apprentice (1100-1000=100). Richard thought he was going to win, since all Jenna had was ‘Solemn Wishes’, a face-down card, and three cards in her hand, but I knew better.

Jenna smiled, “because my ‘White Magician Pikeru’ was destroyed in battle while equipped with ‘Ribbon of Rebirth’, she returns to the field now.” A young girl in a baggy white dress appeared, wearing a Sheep Token hat and carrying a wand (ATK: 1200). “Next,” Jenna continued, “during your End Phase, I reveal ‘Call of the Haunted’, reviving my second monster as well.” A woman with long light brown hair wearing a long red gown appeared, carrying a long wooden staff, “I think you remember ‘Fire Princess’ (ATK: 1300).

“I draw, and ‘Solemn Wishes’ gives me 500 Life Points (100+500=600), activating ‘Princess’’ effect, dealing you 500 damage,” the ‘Princess’ launched flames at Jenna’s opponent (1800-500=1300). “Next ‘Pikeru’ increases my Life by another 800, and you take another 500.” ‘Pikeru’ raised her staff, and Jenna’s Life went up (600+800=1400). ‘Fire Princess’ brandished her staff, hitting Richard with another burst of flames (1300-500=800).

“I follow up,” Jenna said, “with a Spell card, ‘Emergency Provisions’. I destroy my own ‘Solemn Wishes’ to increase my Life Points by another 1000 (1400+1000=2400), and decrease your Life Points by half that amount.” The ‘Fire Princess’ attacked again (800-500=300). “And I finish it off. Sacrifice ‘Fire Princess’ and ‘White Magician Pikeru’ to summon ‘Guardian Angel Joan’!”

The two weaker monsters disappeared in a swirl of light and were replaced by a beautiful angel in white with transparent golden wings. Her entire body was wreathed in light (ATK: 2800).

“Your monster can’t touch either of mine,” said Richard. “Good try, but this duel is mine.”

“Sorry,” Jenna said, “but that’s where you’re wrong. I equip ‘Joan’ with the ‘Cestus of Dagla’!” A curved sword appeared in each of her monster’s hands (ATK: 2800+500=3300). Richard’s triumphant smile disappeared from his face as he realized what was about to happen.

“’Joan’,” Jenna commanded, “attack ‘Gravity Chimera’!” The angel flew strait at the beast, slicing it in half with her swords. Jenna turned and stepped down from the arena as her opponent’s Life Points fell (300+3000-3300=0).

She walked over and sat down at the table with us, across from me, next to Sarah. My sister was pulling her curly blond hair back into a ponytail using a red hair tie that went well with the red hoody that she was wearing. She looked at Jenna and said, “Bravo kiddo. You kicked that guy’s but!”

“Yeah,” said Rocky, who was wearing his signature survival vest over a yellow t-shirt (a sharp contrast to his dark hair). “That guy didn’t even see it coming. You’ve definitely gotten better since John started teaching you.” He was sitting between my red-headed best friend, Tucker, who wore a red shirt with a flame on the right breast and black jeans, and Jen, who had just recently died her hair black with purple bangs to go with the semi-goth look that she had recently adopted.

Jenna looked over at me. “So what do you think, Master? You said to build a Life Increase deck out of my spare cards and beat a high ranked Duelist with it. Did I pass or not?”

“Yeah, ‘Master’,” said Karen, elbowing me playfully from her place at my side, “did she pass?” She smiled at me mischievously from behind her brown bangs.

“Yep,” I said, “you passed with flying colors. Good job, Kid. I can’t think of anything else to teach you right now, so I guess you graduate, at least until I can come up with another test.”

“So do you think I’m strong enough to take on the Card Takers?” Jenna asked.

“The who?” I replied.

“You mean you haven’t heard of them? They’re three guys who corner kids and force them out behind the mall, make them bet their cards in a three-on-one match, beat them, and take their entire decks! I want to beat them and make them give the cards back.”

I frowned. Karen looked into my eyes. She placed her hand on mine and said, “You’re going to go take care of this?”

“Yeah,” I said. “Dueling isn’t a tool for mugging kids. I thought everyone around here knew that. I guess I’ll have to teach these kids that being a Duelist doesn’t mean that you can push people weaker than you around.”

“But I want to beat them,” said Jenna.

“Sorry Kid,” I said. “Leave this one to me okay?”

She nodded reluctantly, “Okay.”

I stood up and summoned the power of my Soul, dissolving into smoke as I stepped into the darkness and toward the back of the mall. “You know,” said Jenna, “I’ve known about the Soul stuff for awhile, but that still creeps me right out.”

I stepped out of the Shadows behind the mall. I heard voices to my right, turned, and saw three kids sitting on the ground in a tight half circle, their backs to me, sifting through a pile of cards.

“Pretty good haul, huh Boss?” said one of the kids, a shorter-looking kid with dark brown bowl cut hair and a more than decent sized gut.

“Yeah Boss,” said the second kid, a gangly kid that looked to be at least 6’3” with sand-colored hair. “That last kid had a ton of rare stuff in his deck. Stuff we can sell for a butt load of cash!”

“Calm down you two,” said the third kid, the obvious leader. He was sixteen, maybe seventeen, so about my age. From what I could tell he was maybe a few inches shorter than me. He had long blond hair and a voice full of arrogance. “We can’t just go sell these cards to just anyone,” he said. “Remember, we have to find the kids who’re willing to pay the most for them so as to make the biggest profit!”

“Oh, right Boss,” said the first kid.

“You sure are smart Boss,” said the second kid.

So I’m guessing Blondie here got these two brain dead thugs together to help him do his dirty work. The stupid are easy to control I guess. Hiro?

Yes? The Soul spirit asked, appearing at my side in his transparent spirit form, his arms crossed.

What do you think of them?

They’re far too confident for the amount of Duel Energy that they possess. You shouldn’t have much trouble with them.

I nodded, and Hiro disappeared.

“So you’re the ones who’ve been stealing kids’ cards,” I said. “I expected stronger Duelists than you three.”

The kids were startled. They jumped up and turned to face me. I put me hands in the pockets of my black jacket and said, “Maybe you’ll want to try stealing my cards too.”

“Oh,” said the boss, “and what cards do you have to offer?”

I stepped forward and handed him my deck. He flipped through it, his eyes growing wide. I took my deck back and looked him in the eyes. “I’ll duel all three of you, and I’ll bet my entire deck, but if I win, you have to return the cards that you took.”

“Sure,” said the boss. “I’ll bet whatever you want against that deck. You can’t beat all of us at once.”

I summoned darkness to my arm, forming the sword-like Dark Duel Disk (LP: 9000), “We’ll see.”

“I’ll go first,” said the first kid (LP: 3000). “I place two cards face-down and summon ‘Goblin Attack Force’ in attack mode.” A troupe of eight goblins appeared, carrying clubs (ATK: 2300).

“My turn,” said the second kid (LP: 3000). “Two face-down cards as well, and another ‘Goblin Attack Force’.” A second troupe appeared (ATK: 2300).

“And finally,” said the boss (LP: 3000), “It’s my go. I summon my own ‘Goblin Attack Force’ and place two of my own cards face-down as well.”

“When Boss summons his ‘Goblins’ said the first kid, “I pay 1000 Life Points (3000-1000=2000) to activate the Continuous Trap ‘Skill Drain’, negating the effects of every monster on the field.”

“And I,” said the second kid, “activate ‘Light of Intervention’, forcing every monster that’s summoned to be summoned face-up. No setting monsters for you!”

Huh, I thought, these guys aren’t too shabby.

“I summon ‘Sangan’,” I declared, “in defense mode.”

“Nuh-uh!” said the second kid. “I reveal ‘Final Attack Orders’. Now every monster face-up on the field is forced into attack mode!”

My ‘Sangan’ flexed his tiny arms, as if ready for a fight (ATK: 1000).

“I’ll take a page out of your book then,” I said, “and place two cards face-down. Your move.”

“Reveal,” said the first kid, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Aqua Chorus’. Since there are multiple ‘Goblins’ on our field, each ‘Goblin’ gains 500 Attack (ATK: 2300+500=2800 (each)).”

“I also reveal my ‘Aqua Chorus’,” said the boss, “boosting the power of our ‘Goblins’ even further (2800+500=3300 (each)).”

“Now I attack,” said the first kid.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Mirror Force’.” A reflective barrier appeared around me.

“Chain ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’,” said the boss, “negating your Trap.”

The barrier shattered.

“Then I reveal ‘Negate Attack’,” I declared. The ‘Goblins’ lunged at me and were repulsed by an invisible wall.

“Your ‘Negate Attack’ won’t protect you during my turn,” said the second kid. “I attack, and I activate ‘Rush Recklessly’, increasing the Attack of my ‘Goblins’ further (3300+700=4000). Destroy ‘Sangan’!”

The eight goblins swung their clubs, crushing my monster (9000+1000-3000=6000).

“Now it’s my turn,” said the boss. “I attack you directly.”

A second group of goblins struck me with their clubs (6000-3300=2700). I know that the monsters were only holograms, but the impacts seemed more distant than usual. I suddenly felt like everything was distant, like I was watching the duel from the distance. I found that I was unable to move my eyes, by head, my hands.

Hiro, what’s happening? I reached out to my friend, and discovered that he was gone.

I was being pulled into the back of my own mind, and there was no one who could help me.

???

Finally I had been released. I looked around. I had awoken in the middle of a modern duel! What an opportunity to learn the ways of battle in this time, and to inflict pain! I had no cards in play, and my opponents controlled multiple strong monsters. But I had the power of the Soul of Darkness! Through this body I had full control of a Soul for the first time. I could mold this duel with a single draw!

“For striking me, you three will all die,” I said, noting how easily I drained the kindness from my host’s voice and replaced it with a tone of wickedness. This one wasn’t too far from becoming like me. I laughed and watched as the shadows rose up around me and my three opponents, boxing us in.

“Wh-what’s going on Boss?” the fat one asked.

“Don’t worry,” the blond one said. “He’s just using a trick to psych us out. It’s three against one. We can’t lose.”

“I’m sorry to say it,” I said, “but you have never faced anything like me before. Bring a hundred before me. They will all fall to the power of Blackheart.”

Karen

“John’s been gone awhile,” said Tucker. “Wonder if he’s doin’ okay?”

“Why don’t you go see?” Sarah asked.

“’Cause I’m too lazy,” he said, tilting his chair back onto two legs. Sarah kicked the chair, and Tucker fell flat on his back.

I sighed, “Simmer down you guys. I’ll go find him.”

I rose from my seat and made my way toward the Game Center entrance leading back into the mall. I reached out to John with my Soul, and suddenly I couldn’t help but feel that something was very wrong.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

154661ri7.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Played]

--Jenna

-Monsters:

White Magician Pikeru

Fire Princess

Guardian Angel Joan

-Spells:

Ribbon of Rebirth

Emergency Provisions

Cestus of Dagla

-Traps:

Call of the Haunted

Solemn Wishes

--Richard:

-Monsters:

Gravity Chimera x2

Ultra-Gravity Chimera

-Spells:

Polymerization

--Card Takers:

-Monsters:

Goblin Attack Force x3 (each)

-Spells:

Rush Recklessly

-Traps:

Skill Drain

Light of Intervention

Final Attack Orders

Aqua Chorus

Seven Tools of the Bandit

[spoiler=New Character Profile!]

Name: Jenna Rein

Deck Type: Elemental Union

Shadow Item: None originally. Gains possession of a Shadow Baton

Spirit Monster(s): Aitsu, Koitsu, Soitsu, and Doitsu

Description: Frizzy brown hair, green eyes, and freckles. Jenna is someone who doesn't care what anyone thinks about her. She has a style all her own. She heard about John of the Duel Force and asked him to train her. At the time she didn't know anything about the Duelist's Souls and the Shadow Items, but when John told her, it only made her want to become involved with the Duel Force even more. She has yet to truly define her deck style.

Next Chapter Soul Breaker; Blackheart Emerges Part One

Archived