Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing is that Eatos was Rapheal's favorite card' date=' not Grarl,

[/quote']

i decided to go ahead and put eatos as raphael's spirit monster, even though we don't see him use it in this book. you can read the updated profile if you want. also, i hope the profile helped explain why raphael is with the order ^_^

here is my newest chapter. sarah and tucker fight the dark duel force, and they seem to be equal in power!

[spoiler=Chapter Thirteen]

Fire and Water

“Shut up,” said Guard. “Let your cards do the talking.”

“If that’s what you really want,” I said tauntingly to hide my nerves, “then that’s what you’ll get!”

Our Life Point displays lit up, showing starting Life Points of 4000 apiece, and I drew my opening hand. “I move first. You two don’t stand a chance!

“To begin,” I said, “I summon a monster, my ‘Immortal Fire’

154661eg7.jpg in defense mode.” A flame in the shape of a bird appeared (DEF: 200). “Next,” I continued, “I place a card face-down and end my move.”

“My turn,” said Guard. “To destroy your miniscule ‘Fire’, I choose this monster. By placing ‘Butterfly Dagger – Elma’ on the field, I can summon ‘Guardian Elma’, and equip the ‘Dagger’ to her.” An elegant woman wearing loose fitting green garments appeared between me and my opponent, a butterfly hilted dagger in hand. She flipped her hair back and stood tall (ATK: 1300+300=1600).

“I finish my turn,” said Guard, “with two face-down cards. Just try to get by my defense.”

“Okay,” said Sarah, “I will. And I’ll do it with these; my ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ combined with the Spell card ‘Big Wave Small Wave’. I destroy my own monster, the spear-backed clam ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ to Special Summon my ‘Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness’ from my hand.”

Sarah’s monster, a massive Orca Whale with a crane and several cannons on its back, and a torpedo launcher on its stomach appeared (ATK: 2100) letting out a deep piercing wail and flexing its fins.

“I place one card face-down,” Sarah concluded, “and activate ‘Elemental Surge – Water’.

154661ps0.jpg Once per turn I can choose a Water monster to gain 200 Attack until my next turn. I choose my Orca (ATK: 2100+200=2300).”

“My turn then,” said War. “I have to say, so far I’m impressed. But not really that impressed. I summon ‘Marauding Captain’ in attack mode,” a steel armored warrior appeared, sword drawn (ATK: 1200), "allowing me to summon a second monster. Like my ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’.”

War’s new monster, a man in a dragonskin shirt carrying a longsword appeared, his blade at the ready (ATK: 1700). “Next,” War continued, “I equip the ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’ to my ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’, raising his Attack power to 2500.”

‘Warrior Dai Grepher’’s longsword changed shape, growing thinner at the tip. The hilt stretched up and over his arm.

“Now,” said War, “I place three cards face-down and attack the ‘Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness’.” ‘Grepher’ leapt at the whale, raising his sword, and was caught by a ring of about a dozen active grenades.

“Activate,” I said, “my Trap, ‘Ring of Destruction’.” I smiled, “it destroys your monster and deals us both damage equal to your monster’s attack.”

“Well,” said Sarah, “not exactly. You’ll be the only one to lose Life Points here War. I discard ‘Cure Mermaid’ to activate ‘Hallowed Life Barrier’, protecting Tucker from any form of damage until the end of this turn.”

“And that’s the power of the fifth wave,” I said. “We’re conflicting styles, but when Sarah and I fight together our decks eliminate each others’ weaknesses. That’s why I was late to this party. I was busy coming up with a perfect strategy that would be able to overcome any strategy that you might have prepared.”

As I spoke, ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’, still clawing at the ring, was destroyed as the ring exploded. Fire poured over both mine and War’s fields. He was damaged (4000-2500=1500), but Sarah’s barrier protected me from harm.

“You two are good,” said War. “You two do work together well. I guess we should stop underestimating you and get down to business.”

“Not yet you don’t,” I said. “It’s my turn right now.”

I drew and checked over my hand. Good cards, I thought to myself, feeling my inner fire begin to burn stronger. “For my turn,” I said, “I summon my ‘Essence of Fire’

154661vg2.jpg in defense mode. As long as this monster is face-up on the field, all of my Fire monsters gain 600 Attack and Defense.”

A young woman appeared. She had dark red hair, wore a short red dress, and carried a red staff. A small orange serpentine dragon flew around her protectively (DEF: 500+600=1100/DEF of ‘Immortal Fire’: 200+600=800).

“Next,” I declared, “I place a card face-down, and I end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Guard, “and-.”

“And nothing,” I cut in, “because I have a Trap. ‘Thunder of Ruler’, activate! This card activates during your Standby Phase and prevents all attacks during the following turn.”

“Then I’ll simply set a monster,” Guard replied, “and pass.”

Sarah was next. She drew and said, “I begin my turn with the Spell card ‘Mist Body’, equipped to the ‘Essence of Fire’. Now she cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. I also activate the Field Spell card ‘A Legendary Ocean’, transporting us to the ocean outside the lost city of Atlantis!” The scenery changed, and we found ourselves hanging just below the surface of the ocean, just above a massive golden city. We seemed to be in open water, but I could feel the ground under my feet, and of course the water wasn’t really wet.

“While ‘A Legendary Ocean’ is on the field all Water monsters in our hands and on the field are downgraded by one level, and all Water monsters in play gain 200 Attack and Defense (ATK of ‘Orca’: 2300+200=2500). “I finish my turn by summoning the harpoon-wielding ‘Legendary Fisherman’,” A man appeared riding a shark, carrying a harpoon (ATK: 1850), “and setting one card.”

“My move,” said War. “I start out with a Spell of my own, ‘The Warrior Returning Alive’, returning the ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’ card in my Graveyard to my hand. Next I summon ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ in defense mode.”

An elf wearing green leather armor and carrying a longsword appeared, holding his blade up defensively (DEF: 1200).

“My ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ may seem weak,” War said, “but he has a very powerful ability. He is not destroyed-.”

“Yeah,” said Sarah, getting impatient, “we know. He can only be destroyed by battle by a monster with less that 1900 Attack. Get on with it why don’t ya.”

“Alright,” said War, “but remember, as long as ‘Marauding Captain’ is also on the field my ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ can’t even be selected as an attack target, making him even harder to destroy.”

“It doesn’t matter,” I said replying to War’s smug attitude, “because my partner and I can’t be beaten. She’s got the combos, and I’ve got the power. We’re the ultimate team!

“Now allow us to introduce you to a bit of my power, War,” I declared. “Since you’ve made your monster nearly untouchable, I’ll hit you personally instead! Spell cards ‘Hinotama’ and Pot of Greed’! I draw two cards, and then you’re hit by a barrage of fireballs and take 500 damage.”

I drew two cards, and half a dozen fireballs appeared in the air, falling and exploding as they hit War Ruler (1500-500=1000). I looked over my new cards and smiled. Oh yeah! War Ruler, you die this turn!

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

154661vg2.jpg

Next Chapter The Warrior Falls; The Guardian’s Overwhelming Power

CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Fourteen]

The Warrior Falls; The Guardian’s Overwhelming Power

“Excellent,” I said, “with these cards I bring about your defeat, War Ruler. I summon the ‘Raging Flame Sprite’!” A fairy-like creature in a pointed hat appeared, fire dancing in his hands (ATK: 100+600=700).

“My monster might be weak now, but he gains 1000 Attack every time he deals you damage. And I’m not done either. Activate the Spell card ‘Double Attack’! I discard a monster from my hand that has more stars than ‘Raging Flame Sprite’, like my ‘Inferno’, and my ‘Raging Flame Sprite’ gains the ability to attack twice this turn. And he can attack directly.”

I sure hope this works, I thought. I was confident, cocky even. I looked over War Ruler’s field. He had few visible defenses, but I forgot to properly account for what defenses he did have, or for involvement by his partner, Guardian Ruler, who had done nothing for most of the duel.

“’Flame Sprite’, attack now, Raging Blaze!” My monster flared up his fire and threw it at War Ruler, a smile on his face. But seconds before the flames hit, they were blocked by a glowing ring of light. The ring pushed through the fire and ensnared my monster, freezing him in place. “Reveal,” said Guard, “my face-down ‘Spellbinding Circle’, canceling your monster’s attack.”

“Leaving it open for my next card,” said War. “Activate ‘Magical Detonation’.

154661uc8.jpg I send ‘Spellbinding Circle’ on the field and ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’ in my hand to the Graveyard to destroy ‘Raging Flame Sprite’.” The magic circle exploded, taking my monster with it.

Great combo, I thought. Using ‘Spellbinding Circle’ to block my attack and then using it to fuel their Trap. This could be harder than I thought.

“My move,” said Guard as he drew his next card. His Shadow Soul glowed again. “I play ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce’ and sacrifice ‘Guardian Elma’ to summon ‘Guardian Tryce’, swords in hand.” The thunder guardian appeared, replacing the wind guardian, and brandished his twin blades (ATK: 1900-500=1400). “And because ‘Butterfly Dagger’ was destroyed when ‘Elma’ left the field, it returns to my hand. I equip it to ‘Tryce’ as well.” ‘Butterfly Dagger’ appeared in a sheath on ‘Tryce’’s waist (ATK: 1400+300=1700).

“Now,” said Guard, “I attack ‘The Immortal Fire’.” ‘Tryce’ slashed, and the fire creature dispersed. But as soon as the ‘Guardian’’s attack was over, the fire creature returned, completely unharmed. “Sorry,” I said, “but whenever my ‘Immortal Fire’ is destroyed, it returns.”

“And if you’re done,” said Sarah, “I’ll take my turn thank you. I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and discarding two cards. Then I activate the Spell card salvage, returning ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ and ‘Fenrir’ in my Graveyard to my hand. Now, finally, I reveal ‘Cursed Waters Level 3’,

154661gb4.jpg letting me summon monsters who’s total levels equal three. Because of the effect of my ‘A Legendary Ocean’, the total levels of ‘Torpedo Fish’ and ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ in my hand equals, yep, you guessed it; three!”

In the launcher on ‘Orca’’s belly appeared a large fish shaped like a bullet. In one of the launchers on ‘Orca’’s back appeared the cannonball-shaped fish with the drill on its head, the ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’.

“Being experts at this game,” Sarah said confidently, “I’m sure you know what this means.” She smiled, “I Sacrifice my ‘Torpedo Fish’ and my ‘Spear Shellfish’ to activate my ‘Orca’’s effect!”

‘Orca Mega-Fortress’ fired the ‘Torpedo Fish’ like a missile, destroying ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’, and fired the ‘Shellfish’ from the launcher on its back, destroying Guard’s face-down card.

“Next,” said Sarah, “I remove two Water monsters in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon ‘Fenrir’ from my hand.”

I watched as a patch of water in front of Sarah seemed to come together, taking the form of a growling blue-furred wolf (ATK: 1600). “When ‘Fenrir’ destroys a monster as a result of battle, that monster’s owner’s next Draw Phase is frozen, preventing him from drawing a card.”

Sarah, smiling wide, pointed strait at War Ruler’s ‘Marauding Captain’. “’Fenrir’,” she commanded, “attack the ‘Captain’ with Feral Claw!”

‘Fenrir’ lunged at the ‘Captain’, his claws raised, but was stopped dead by the appearance of three priests in blue robes. “A ‘Waboku’ card?” Sarah asked. “How?”

“Easy,” said Guard. “’Waboku’ was the face-down card that you destroyed with the effect of your ‘Orca Mega-Fortress’. Before it was destroyed, I activated it, protecting myself and my monsters until the end of the turn.”

Sarah was getting frustrated. “Fine,” she said, “if that’s how you wanna play, I place a card face-down and end my turn. Your move.”

War Ruler, still cool, still confident, drew his next card, calling, “Draw! I place a card of my own face-down, and I summon my spirit. On dark winds gallop, ‘Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight’!”

A knight appeared in blue armor, riding aback an armored purple steed, carrying two red lances, one in each hand (ATK: 2300). “Next I activate ‘Metamorphosis’, trading the level seven ‘Swift Gaia’ for ‘Gaia’’s most powerful form, ‘Gaia the Dragon Champion’!”

‘Gaia’’s horse disappeared, and a yellow spiked dragon appeared in its place. War’s new monster rose into the air, and his mount let out a roar. Gaia raised his lances, ready to attack (ATK: 2600).

“Reveal,” said War Ruler, “’Gaia’’s attack card, ‘Spiral Spear Strike’. While this card remains on the field, my ‘Gaia the Dragon Champion’ is a piercing monster, and each time he deals damage to your Life Points, I draw two cards and then discard one.

“’Gaia the Dragon Champion’, attack ‘The Immortal Fire’!” ‘Gaia’ swooped and stabbed my monster with his lance. A spiral burst of wind spread out from the impact point, hitting me in the chest, slicing my shirt and my skin underneath (4000+800-2600=2200). War drew two cards and then discarded one. I couldn’t see what it was. My ‘Immortal Fire’ reformed at my side.

“Sorry to say it War,” I said, “but as strong as your ‘Champion’ is, I’m stronger. Time for me to show you my real power!

“I remove my ‘Inferno’ in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon ‘Spirit of Flames’. And I sacrifice my ‘Spirit of Flames’ and my ‘Essence of Fire’ to summon the mighty ‘Tyrant Dragon’!”

‘Spirit of Flames’, a red skinned demon man, appeared at my side. He and my red haired girl disappeared and were replaced by a massive bronze skinned dragon with a crystal in his forehead and broad, tattered wings. He was an intimidating sight, even here under water (ATK: 2900).

“Now,” I said, “I activate the Spell card ‘Shien’s Spy’, giving you control of my ‘Immortal Fire’ (ATK: 100) until the end of the turn.” My fire bird monster flew over to War Ruler’s side.

War’s eyes grew wide as he realized my plan. “No,” he said, “you can’t.”

“Yes,” I said smiling confidently, “I can. ‘Tyrant Dragon’, attack ‘The Immortal Fire’, Tyrant Burst!”

‘Tyrant Dragon’ was wreathed in an aura of fire that forced the water away from him and his target. He inhaled and poured fire over my former monster. The flames continued forward and hit War Ruler, scorching his cloths (1000+100-2900=0). He fell forward, unmoving, his soul having left his body. My ‘Immortal Fire’ reformed at my side (DEF: 200) as my first opponent’s last remaining monsters faded away.

I looked over at Guard as he began what I hoped would be his last turn. He had a darkness in his eyes. His Shadow Item flared up, and he was surrounded by a dark aura. He emanated a pressure that knocked Sarah over, and nearly brought me to my knees. For the first time in a long time, I was really afraid. In a deep and booming voice Guardian Ruler cried out, “You’ve made your last mistake. War Ruler was my last real friend. I will have my revenge!”

TyrantDragonSDRL-EN-C-1E.jpg

Next Chapter The Attacking Guardian; Guardian Ruler vs. Pyro Tucker

CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!! CHAPTER 14!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Fourteen]

The Warrior Falls; The Guardian’s Overwhelming Power

“Excellent,” I said, “with these cards I bring about your defeat, War Ruler. I summon the ‘Raging Flame Sprite’!” A fairy-like creature in a pointed hat appeared, fire dancing in his hands (ATK: 100+600=700).

“My monster might be weak now, but he gains 1000 Attack every time he deals you damage. And I’m not done either. Activate the Spell card ‘Double Attack’! I discard a monster from my hand that has more stars than ‘Raging Flame Sprite’, like my ‘Inferno’, and my ‘Raging Flame Sprite’ gains the ability to attack twice this turn. And he can attack directly.”

I sure hope this works, I thought. I was confident, cocky even. I looked over War Ruler’s field. He had few visible defenses, but I forgot to properly account for what defenses he did have, or for involvement by his partner, Guardian Ruler, who had done nothing for most of the duel.

“’Flame Sprite’, attack now, Raging Blaze!” My monster flared up his fire and threw it at War Ruler, a smile on his face. But seconds before the flames hit, they were blocked by a glowing ring of light. The ring pushed through the fire and ensnared my monster, freezing him in place. “Reveal,” said Guard, “my face-down ‘Spellbinding Circle’, canceling your monster’s attack.”

“Leaving it open for my next card,” said War. “Activate ‘Magical Detonation’.

154661uc8.jpg I send ‘Spellbinding Circle’ on the field and ‘Warrior Dai Grepher’ in my hand to the Graveyard to destroy ‘Raging Flame Sprite’.” The magic circle exploded, taking my monster with it.

Great combo, I thought. Using ‘Spellbinding Circle’ to block my attack and then using it to fuel their Trap. This could be harder than I thought.

“My move,” said Guard as he drew his next card. His Shadow Soul glowed again. “I play ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce’ and sacrifice ‘Guardian Elma’ to summon ‘Guardian Tryce’, swords in hand.” The thunder guardian appeared, replacing the wind guardian, and brandished his twin blades (ATK: 1900-500=1400). “And because ‘Butterfly Dagger’ was destroyed when ‘Elma’ left the field, it returns to my hand. I equip it to ‘Tryce’ as well.” ‘Butterfly Dagger’ appeared in a sheath on ‘Tryce’’s waist (ATK: 1400+300=1700).

“Now,” said Guard, “I attack ‘The Immortal Fire’.” ‘Tryce’ slashed, and the fire creature dispersed. But as soon as the ‘Guardian’’s attack was over, the fire creature returned, completely unharmed. “Sorry,” I said, “but whenever my ‘Immortal Fire’ is destroyed, it returns.”

“And if you’re done,” said Sarah, “I’ll take my turn thank you. I activate ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and discarding two cards. Then I activate the Spell card salvage, returning ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ and ‘Fenrir’ in my Graveyard to my hand. Now, finally, I reveal ‘Cursed Waters Level 3’,

154661gb4.jpg letting me summon monsters who’s total levels equal three. Because of the effect of my ‘A Legendary Ocean’, the total levels of ‘Torpedo Fish’ and ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’ in my hand equals, yep, you guessed it; three!”

In the launcher on ‘Orca’’s belly appeared a large fish shaped like a bullet. In one of the launchers on ‘Orca’’s back appeared the cannonball-shaped fish with the drill on its head, the ‘Cannonball Spear Shellfish’.

“Being experts at this game,” Sarah said confidently, “I’m sure you know what this means.” She smiled, “I Sacrifice my ‘Torpedo Fish’ and my ‘Spear Shellfish’ to activate my ‘Orca’’s effect!”

‘Orca Mega-Fortress’ fired the ‘Torpedo Fish’ like a missile, destroying ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’, and fired the ‘Shellfish’ from the launcher on its back, destroying Guard’s face-down card.

“Next,” said Sarah, “I remove two Water monsters in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon ‘Fenrir’ from my hand.”

I watched as a patch of water in front of Sarah seemed to come together, taking the form of a growling blue-furred wolf (ATK: 1600). “When ‘Fenrir’ destroys a monster as a result of battle, that monster’s owner’s next Draw Phase is frozen, preventing him from drawing a card.”

Sarah, smiling wide, pointed strait at War Ruler’s ‘Marauding Captain’. “’Fenrir’,” she commanded, “attack the ‘Captain’ with Feral Claw!”

‘Fenrir’ lunged at the ‘Captain’, his claws raised, but was stopped dead by the appearance of three priests in blue robes. “A ‘Waboku’ card?” Sarah asked. “How?”

“Easy,” said Guard. “’Waboku’ was the face-down card that you destroyed with the effect of your ‘Orca Mega-Fortress’. Before it was destroyed, I activated it, protecting myself and my monsters until the end of the turn.”

Sarah was getting frustrated. “Fine,” she said, “if that’s how you wanna play, I place a card face-down and end my turn. Your move.”

War Ruler, still cool, still confident, drew his next card, calling, “Draw! I place a card of my own face-down, and I summon my spirit. On dark winds gallop, ‘Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight’!”

A knight appeared in blue armor, riding aback an armored purple steed, carrying two red lances, one in each hand (ATK: 2300). “Next I activate ‘Metamorphosis’, trading the level seven ‘Swift Gaia’ for ‘Gaia’’s most powerful form, ‘Gaia the Dragon Champion’!”

‘Gaia’’s horse disappeared, and a yellow spiked dragon appeared in its place. War’s new monster rose into the air, and his mount let out a roar. Gaia raised his lances, ready to attack (ATK: 2600).

“Reveal,” said War Ruler, “’Gaia’’s attack card, ‘Spiral Spear Strike’. While this card remains on the field, my ‘Gaia the Dragon Champion’ is a piercing monster, and each time he deals damage to your Life Points, I draw two cards and then discard one.

“’Gaia the Dragon Champion’, attack ‘The Immortal Fire’!” ‘Gaia’ swooped and stabbed my monster with his lance. A spiral burst of wind spread out from the impact point, hitting me in the chest, slicing my shirt and my skin underneath (4000+800-2600=2200). War drew two cards and then discarded one. I couldn’t see what it was. My ‘Immortal Fire’ reformed at my side.

“Sorry to say it War,” I said, “but as strong as your ‘Champion’ is, I’m stronger. Time for me to show you my real power!

“I remove my ‘Inferno’ in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon ‘Spirit of Flames’. And I sacrifice my ‘Spirit of Flames’ and my ‘Essence of Fire’ to summon the mighty ‘Tyrant Dragon’!”

‘Spirit of Flames’, a red skinned demon man, appeared at my side. He and my red haired girl disappeared and were replaced by a massive bronze skinned dragon with a crystal in his forehead and broad, tattered wings. He was an intimidating sight, even here under water (ATK: 2900).

“Now,” I said, “I activate the Spell card ‘Shien’s Spy’, giving you control of my ‘Immortal Fire’ (ATK: 100) until the end of the turn.” My fire bird monster flew over to War Ruler’s side.

War’s eyes grew wide as he realized my plan. “No,” he said, “you can’t.”

“Yes,” I said smiling confidently, “I can. ‘Tyrant Dragon’, attack ‘The Immortal Fire’, Tyrant Burst!”

‘Tyrant Dragon’ was wreathed in an aura of fire that forced the water away from him and his target. He inhaled and poured fire over my former monster. The flames continued forward and hit War Ruler, scorching his cloths (1000+100-2900=0). He fell forward, unmoving, his soul having left his body. My ‘Immortal Fire’ reformed at my side (DEF: 200) as my first opponent’s last remaining monsters faded away.

I looked over at Guard as he began what I hoped would be his last turn. He had a darkness in his eyes. His Shadow Item flared up, and he was surrounded by a dark aura. He emanated a pressure that knocked Sarah over, and nearly brought me to my knees. For the first time in a long time, I was really afraid. In a deep and booming voice Guardian Ruler cried out, “You’ve made your last mistake. War Ruler was my last real friend. I will have my revenge!”

TyrantDragonSDRL-EN-C-1E.jpg

Next Chapter The Attacking Guardian; Guardian Ruler vs. Pyro Tucker

here is the conclusion to Tucker and Sarah vs. Guardian Ruler and War Ruler. One of the most dramatic chapters i've ever written, and one of my favorites. enjoy!

[spoiler=Chapter Fifteen]

The Attacking Guardian; Guardian Ruler vs. Pyro Tucker

“I begin my turn,” said Guard, his dark aura still burning bright, “with a face-down card, and the Continuous Spell card ‘Morale Boost’. Now each time I play an Equip Spell card I gain 800 Life Points, and each time one of my Equip Spell cards is destroyed I lose 800 Life Points. Next I activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, allowing all players to draw until they hold six cards.” All three of us drew. My hand was good, but I wasn’t sure if it would end up being enough to overcome my opponent’s powers.

“Now,” Guard continued, “I flip-summon my ‘Arsenal Summoner’.” A man in a violet blue robe appeared (ATK: 1600). “When ‘Arsenal Summoner’ is flipped, I can add any ‘Guardian Monster’ in my deck to my hand.” He fanned out his deck and picked a card.

“Next I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards,” Guard drew, “and I play ‘Wicked-Breaking Flamberge – Baou’ (4000+800=4800), discarding one card to do so, allowing me to summon the Avenging Guardian, ‘Guardian Baou’.”

A six foot long broad sword fell from the sky and plunged tip first into the ground, burning with a dark aura. Out of that aura emerged a seven foot tall black-skinned fiend with long hair, two long horns, and a cape of darkness that spread out behind him like wings. He picked up the ‘Flamberge’ and rose into the air (ATK: 800+500=1300).

“My monster can negate the effect of any monster he destroys in battle,” Guard said, “and each time he kills a monster, his Attack points increase by 1000.

“But I’m not done,” Guard declared. “I activate ‘Giant Trunade’, returning all Spell and Trap cards on the field to their owners’ hands.” A massive updraft came out of nowhere, blowing every Spell and Trap away, including Sarah’s Field (‘Orca’: 2500-200=2300/’Fenrir’: 1600-200=1400) and Guard’s Equip Spells and ‘Moral Boost’ card (‘Tryce’: 1400+500=1900). The ocean around us faded away and we found ourselves back in the parking lot of the hospital, the sun having already set, the sky strewn with stars.

“Now,” said Guard, “I replay ‘Moral Boost’, and I discard ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce’ to re-equip ‘Wicked-Breaking Flamberge – Baou’. Then I go further to equip ‘Baou’ with ‘Gravity Axe – Grarl’ and two copies of ‘Butterfly Dagger – Elma’.” Darkness poured from ‘Baou’’s sides and two more arms formed. In his upper hands he grasped ‘Grarl’’s axe as well as his own body length sword. In his lower hands he grasped two of the daggers with the decorated hilts (LP: 4800+(800x4)=8000/’Baou’: 800+(500x2)+(300x2)=2400).

“Finally,” Guard said as his Guardian raised his weapons, preparing to attack, “I destroy ‘Fenrir’ with my monster’s attack, Avenge Assault!” ‘Baou’ flew toward the wolf and brought his ‘Flamberge’ down on him, splitting him in half (4000+1400-2400=3000/’Baou’: 2400+1000=3400).

“End turn.”

“My move,” said Sarah. “I summon ‘Amazon of the Seas’ in defense mode,” a mermaid appeared at Sarah’s side (DEF: 1400), “I’ll change my ‘Orca Mega-Fortress’ to defense mode (DEF: 1200), and I re-activate my Field Spell, ending my turn.” We were instantly returned to the depths of the ocean.

I took a deep breath. It was my turn. I had several good cards, but not all of the right cards for my finishing combo. I would just have to wait and hope that Sarah and I could hold out.

“For my turn,” I said, “I set a monster in defense mode. And one card face-down. Make your final move.”

I was scared, but I wasn’t going to let my partner or my opponent see. Guard’s magical power was incredible. Maybe as great as one of our powers. The Souls were supposed to be the most powerful Shadow Magic Artifacts around. That fact had always given me a sense of confidence. Made me feel strong. But now I had to face the fact that I’d met a power as great as mine, and that either Sarah or I were very likely about to die.

Guardian Ruler drew his next card, and smiled. “I think I’ll kill the water Duelist first.”

I looked over at my partner, “Sarah, you got anything?”

She looked strait ahead, staring strait into our opponent’s eyes, and shook her head. “But its okay. Even if he does kill me this turn, you’ll still be here to tie up any loose ends.”

“I begin,” said Guard, “with ‘Stop Defense’, changing the ‘Orca’ to attack mode (ATK: 2500). Next I summon a new monster, my ‘Guardian Statue’.” A massive stone warrior appeared with incredibly oversized arms (ATK: 800).

“’Baou’, attack, Avenge Assault!” ‘Baou’ sliced, releasing a wave that split Sarah’s ‘Orca’ in half (3000+2500-3400=2100). “I destroy your ‘Amazon’ with my ‘Arsenal Summoner’, and I attack directly with ‘Guardian Statue’ and ‘Guardian Tryce’!”

‘Arsenal Summoner’ fired a spell at Sarah’s mermaid and she was vaporized. ‘Guardian Statue’ punched, knocking Sarah through the air. She landed hard on her back (2100-800=1300). She sat up, just as the ‘Guardian Tryce’ leapt past her, his palm charged with lightning. As he passed by her, he unleashed an electric attack that hit her at point blank range. She screamed, as ‘Tryce’ leapt beck, landing at his master’s side (1300-1900=0).

It had come down to the final move. The ‘Guardian Baou’ had gained even more Attack (3400+1000=4400), and I was finally alone. Well, I thought, we knew this would happen. Ever since she felt the power that these guys had, Karen knew that fighting them would do little more than buy us time.

But still, I was mad. This guy had treated us like we were doing something wrong by defending ourselves, and I wouldn’t have it anymore. He’d already killed three of my friends. I wouldn’t let him hurt anyone else. Ever.

“You’ll pay, Guard,” I said. “You’ll pay for everything you’ve done to us today. And you’ll pay this turn!”

My soul flashed, and energy began to build within me. “I begin,” I said, “by Flip Summoning my ‘Magician of Faith’. Then I’ll follow up with the Spell card that I returned to my hand from the Graveyard using her effect, my ‘Pot of Greed’.” I drew two more cards as my monster, a beautiful sorceress carrying a staff ending in a golden crescent (ATK: 300).

“Now,” I said, “I sacrifice my ‘Magician of Faith’ to summon my favorite monster, ‘Mr. Volcano’ (ATK: 2100)!” a suave gentleman wearing a white shirt and a green vest with blazing red hair appeared, summoning fire into his hands.

“Next,” I continued, “I sacrifice my ‘Tyrant Dragon’ for the effect of ‘Gift of the Martyr’,” the dragon disappeared in a burst of fire, “increasing the Attack power of my ‘Mr. Volcano’ by an amount equal to the Attack of my dragon (2100+2900=4000).

“On to the action. ‘Mr. Volcano’, attack the ‘Arsenal Summoner’, Volcano Burst!” ‘Mr. Volcano’ snapped his fingers and the robed ‘Arsenal Summoner’, burst into flames, burning down to ash (8000+1600-4000=5600).

“And finally,” I said, my voice harsh, my eyes dark, heat pouring from my body, “I strike the final blow. Spell card activate; ‘Incandescent Ordeal’!

“I sacrifice the level five ‘Mr. Volcano’ and the level two ‘The Immortal Fire’ to summon a level seven Ritual Monster, the Embodiment of my Duelist’s Soul, the ‘Legendary Flame Lord’!”

My monster stood six feet tall, with red hair. He wore a leather tunic and pants. Over the tunic he wore a coat and cape made of flames. On his head he wore a blue armor crown, and he wore armor over his lower legs. In his left hand he carried a jagged dagger with a blue hilt. In his right hand he carried a metal staff with a glass sphere on the end. His eyes glowed brightly with an intense fire (ATK: 2400).

“I follow up with the Spell card ‘Meteor of Destruction’, dealing you 1000 points of damage,” A swirling fireball appeared in the air above me and shot toward my opponent, hitting him dead on, scorching his cloths and his hair (5600-1000=4600). “I also activate a second Spell card, ‘Graceful Charity’, letting me three more cards and then discard two cards.” I pulled my cards as the fire around my ‘Legendary Flame Lord’ flared up, reaching into the sky.

“My ‘Legendary Flame Lord’ has three Spell Counters now, which means I’ve unlocked his ultimate attack. This monster represents all of my inner fire. All of my fighting spirit. The very fire of my Soul!

“I remove the three Spell Counters from my monster,” I declared, “to destroy every other monster on the field. Go, Incinerating Shockwave!”

The fire that surrounded my monster coalesced into a sphere at the tip of his staff. He flung the sphere at Guard’s field. It spread out, incinerating all of his monsters.

“Now,” I said, “in case you forgot, you lose 800 Life Points now for every Equip Spell card that was destroyed.” An orange aura flared up around my opponent, sapping his strength away (4600-(800x4)=1400).

“Time to finish this,” I said. “I activate my final card. Spell card, ‘Burst of Inferno’!

154661eh6.jpg I remove ‘Spirit of Flames’, ‘The Immortal Fire’, and ‘Mr. Volcano’ in my Graveyard from play to activate its effect.”

I raised my fist, and an intense fire built around it. Transparent spirits of my removed monsters appeared and were absorbed into my body, and the fire grew larger and more intense.

I ran strait at Guardian Ruler and punched him in the gut. He coughed blood, and collapsed to the ground. My monster and the fire around my fist disappeared as the duel ended (Guard’s LP: 1400-1500=0).

I cracked my knuckles, bracing myself against my knees, my whole body shaking. I was breathing hard, having been almost completely drained. The asphalt beneath me and beneath the spot where I’d stood during the duel was scorched. My Soul gives me so much power, I thought, both in and out of a duel. But it drains me almost to the breaking point. But it doesn’t matter. I still have one more enemy to beat! I looked up at Spiky Hair. John needs me to hold these guys back as long as I can.

“Alright, Spike,” I said, straitening up to my full height. “Get ready ‘cause you’re about to meet the same fate as your friends.”

“I, Archfiend Ruler, have no friends,” he replied. “Those Duelists were only tools to be used and tossed aside. Thanks to them I now know all of your best cards. I also know without a shadow of a doubt that you cannot possibly defeat me.”

154661eh6.jpg

Next Chapter Their Leader Attacks! Too Weak to Fight Back

that's a good idea, but the part of the story where the order is the enemy is almost over. a later book from my short series "yugioh! de (duelists elite)" will have more in it about the order. i might make a card for them then. actually, that's something i probably never would have thought of. thanks.

***Special Update***

I know you guys were hoping for a new chapter in my next update. don't worry, the next chapter will be up later. for now I thought i'd give you guys a late holiday gift and list every card used by every character so far!

original cards will be pictured, but real cards won't. cards in {} are ones that were in the character's hand during a featured duel but weren't mentioned, or cards that are implied by other cards. also, from now on i'll give new card updates with each new chapter.

i'm just going to post a few for now, but more will come soon!

enjoy!!!^_^

The Duel Force (prt. 1)

--John's First Deck:

-Monsters:

The Fiend Megacyber

Summoned Skull

Great Maju Garzett

Koumori Dragon

Cannon Soldier

Jinzo #7

Giant Orc

Gren Maju Da Eiza

Whiptail Crow

Gemini Elf

Strike Ninja

Red-Eyes Black Dragon

Black Skull Dragon

-Spells:

Darkness Approaches

Graceful Charity

Pot of Greed

Monster Reborn

Mystic Plasma Zone

Dark Core

Sword of Dark Destruction

Limiter Removal

Spell Reproduction

Dimensionhole

Soul Absorption

Soul Release

Mystical Space Typhoon

Heavy Storm

Polymerization

-Traps:

Sakuretsu Armor

[spoiler=Resistance of the Overwhelmed]

154661yu1.jpg

Draining Shield

Shadow Spell

--John's Second Deck:

-Monsters:

{Invader of Darkness}

{Dark Necrofear}

{Skull Archfiend of Lightning}

Sangan

Dark Ruler Ha Des

Magician of Faith

Red-Eyes Black Dragon

Summoned Skull

Black Skull Dragon

{The Masked Beast}

{Zoa}

{Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon}

Mad Dog of Darkness

The Fiend Megacyber

-Spells:

Graceful Charity

[spoiler=Meteorburst]

154661ms5.jpg

Pot of Geed

Mystical Space Typhoon

{Curse of the Masked Beast}

Fusion Sword Murasame Blade

Sword of Dark Destruction

-Traps:

Blast Held by a Tribute

{Metalmorph}

--John's Third Deck:

-Monsters:

Giant Orc

The Fiend Megacyber

D.D. Warrior Lady

Red-Eyes Black Dragon

Summoned Skull

Strike Ninja

D.D. Scout Plane

Dark Ruler Ha Des

Jinzo #7

Dark Master - Zorc

Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

Black Skull Dragon

Chaosrider Gustaph

-Spells:

Graceful Charity

Darkness Approaches

Monster Reborn

Heavy Storm

Painful Choice

Soul Absorption

Monster Reincarnation

Soul Release

Card of Sanctity (Anime Version)

Dark Core

Dimension Fusion

Polymerization

-Traps:

Interdimensional Matter Transporter

Skull Lair

Type Zero Magic Crusher

Call of the Haunted

Minor Characters (prt. 1)

--Kid in Wilson's Store:

-Monsters:

Armed Samurai Ben Kai

-Spells:

Axe of Despair

Legendary Sword

Scapegoat

--Kid in the Park:

-Monsters:

Goblin Attack Force

{Goblin Black Ops}

--Jame's Deck (Team Beatdown):

-Monsters:

Gilasaurus x2

Uraby

-Spells:

{Ultra Evolution Pill}

-Traps:

{Fossil Excavation}

--Jason's Deck (Team Beatdown):

-Monsters:

Berserk Gorilla x3

Voltech Kong x2

Bazoo the Soul-Eater

-Spells:

Painful Choice

Wild Nature's Release

-Traps:

Call of the Haunted

--Mike's Deck (Team Beatdown):

-Monsters:

Warrior Dai Grepher

Spirit Ryu

Ryu Senshi

Dark Blade

Pitch-Dark Dragon

-Spells:

Polymerization

[spoiler=Dragon Burst]

154661wg9.jpg

Draconic Attack

--Nate's Deck:

-Monsters:

Reflect Bounder

{Fiend's Mirror}

-Spells:

{Beastly Mirror Ritual}

-Traps:

Mirror Force

{Mirror Wall}

{Light-Imprisoning Mirror}

--Hard Hitter Robert's Deck:

-Monsters:

Battle Footballer

-Spells:

[spoiler=Run a Play]

154661fa7.jpg

-Traps:

[spoiler=Defensive Lineup]

154661yu3.jpg

--Richard the High Gravity Duelist's Deck:

-Monsters:

Gravity Behemoth

[spoiler=Gravity Chimera]

154661ax3.jpg

-Spells:

Cost Down

-Traps:

Gravity Bind

Zero Gravity

MORE DECKS!

The Duel Force (prt. 2)

--Tucker's Deck:

-Monsters:

Inferno

Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective

Hinotama Soul

Tyhone #2

Spirit of Flames

The Thing in the Crater

Twin-Headed Fire Dragon

Flame Ruler

Fireyarou

Ryu-Ran

Mr. Volcano

Charcoal Inpachi

Tyrant Dragon

UFO Turtle

[spoiler=The Immortal Fire]

154661ss1.jpg

Legendary Flame Lord

[spoiler=Essence of Fire]

154661sw9.jpg

Raging Flame Sprite

Magician of Faith

-Spells:

Graceful Charity

Gift of the Martyr

Rush Recklessly

Monster Reborn

Card Destruction

Pot of Greed

Big Bang Shot

[spoiler=Inferno Life]

154661bq2.jpg

Salamandra

Incandescent Ordeal

Dark Room of Nightmare

Mystical Space Typhoon

Hinotama

Double Attack

Shien's Spy

Meteor of Destruction

[spoiler=Burst of Inferno]

154661dn0.jpg

-Traps:

Des Counterblow

Thunder of Ruler

Interdimensional Matter Transporter

Backfire

Ring of Destruction

--Jen's Deck:

-Monsters:

Pinch Hopper

Empress Mantis

Neo Bug

Insect Princess

Larvae Moth (Anime Version)

Cocoon of Evolution

Great Moth

Metal Armored Bug

Arsenal Bug

Skull-Mark Ladybug

Insect Queen

Milus Radiant

Giant Rat

Nobleman-Eater Bug

Insect Knight

Basic Insect

-Spells:

Pot of Greed

Forest

Insect Armor with Laser Cannon

Mystical Space Typhoon

Heart of Clear Water

Monster Reborn

Offerings to the Doomed

[spoiler=Multiplication of Insects]

154661pe9.jpg

Premature Burial

Multiplication of Ants

[spoiler=Promotion]

154661ul0.jpg

Insect Imitation

Smashing Ground

Heavy Storm

Spell Reproduction

-Traps:

Zero Gravity

Tragedy

The Spell Absorbing Life

--Sarah's Deck:

-Monsters:

Water Magician

Hyosube

Aqua Spirit

Giga Gagagigo

Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness

Torpedo Fish

Neo Aqua Madoor

Crab Turtle

Lekunga

Sinister Serpent

Guardian Kay'Este

Legendary Fisherman

Maiden of the Aqua

Levia Dragon - Daedalus

Tribe-Infecting Virus

Sea-Serpent Warrior of Darkness

Revival Jam

Mobius the Frost Monarch

Cannonball Spear Shellfish

Cure Mermaid

Fenrir

Amazon of the Seas

-Spells:

Power of Kaishin

Steel Shell

Pot of Greed

A Legendary Ocean x2

Graceful Charity

Monster Reborn

[spoiler=Elemental Surge - Water]

154661hr8.jpg

Salvage

Turtle Oath

Acid Rain

Terraforming

The Dark Door

Big Wave Small Wave

Rod of Silence - Kay'Este

Card of Safe Return

Mist Body

-Traps:

Torrential Tribute

Soul Ressurection

Tornado Wall

Waboku

Ultimate Offering

Jam Defender

Solemn Wishes

Hallowed Life Barrier

[spoiler=Cursed Waters Level 3]

154661bh4.jpg

--John's Mom's Deck:

-Monsters:

Seiyaryu

Crystal Seer

Herald of Creation

Marie the Fallen One

Splendid Venus

Light Effigy

-Spells:

Double Summon x2

Summoner's Art

Monster Reborn

-Traps:

Spellbinding Circle

And More Decks!

The Duel Force (prt. 3)

--Karen's Deck

-Monsters:

Toon Alligator

Toon Mermaid x3

Toon Summoned Skull

Des Kangaroo

Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon x3

Thousand-Eyes Idol

Relinquished

Magician of Faith

-Spells:

Mirage of Nightmare

Rush Recklessly

Emergency Provisions

Toon World

Megamorph

Graceful Charity

Vengeful Bog Spirit

Black Illusion Ritual

-Traps:

Physical Double

Staunch Defender

Waboku

Absolute End

[spoiler=Sacrifice Shield]

154661wl4.jpg

Fairy's Hand Mirror

--Monty's Deck:

-Monsters:

Breaker the Magical Warrior

Apprentice Magician

Dark Magician

Ancient Lamp

La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp

Skilled Dark Magician

-Spells:

Magical Dimension

Dark Magic Attack

Monster Reborn

Mage Power

Premature Burial

Pot of Greed

Serial Spell

Magic Formula

-Traps:

Magical Hats

Spellbinding Circle

--Lawrence's Deck:

-Monsters:

Cave Dragon

Luster Dragon

Kiryu

Lord of Dragons

Luster Dragon #2

Blue-Eyes White Dragon x3

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

The Light - Hexed-Sealed Fusion

Paladin of White Dragon

Different Dimension Dragon

Hyozanryu

Manju of the 10,000 Hands

Kaibaman

-Spells:

Stamping Destruction

Graceful Charity

Premature Burial

Flute of Summoning Dragon x2

A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon

Trade In

Monster Reborn

Burst Stream of Destruction

Polymerization

De-Fusion

Dragon's Mirror

White Dragon Ritual

Cost Down

-Traps:

Dust Tornado

Ultimate Offering

--Max's Deck:

-Monsters:

Ryu-Kokki

Fear from the Dark

Spirit Reaper x2

Nightmare Horse

Reaper on the Nightmare

Dark Jeroid

Newdoria

Mask of Darkness

Blood Sucker

Chaosrider Gustaph

Despair from the Dark

Berserk Dragon

Regenerating Mummy

-Spells:

Call of the Mummy

[spoiler=Card of Demise]

154661cp5.jpg

Polymerization

Book of Life

Fusion Gate

Dimension Distortion

Pyramid Energy x2

Secret Pass to the Treasures

Mystic Plasma Zone

Overpowering Eyes

Different Dimension Capsule x2

Soul Release

Chaos End

Mystical Space Typhoon

Deal with Dark Ruler

Pot of Greed

Monster Reborn

Chaos Greed

Timespace Hole

-Traps:

Spirit Barrier

[spoiler=Mask of the Undead]

154661ly2.jpg

Magic Drain

Pyro Clock of Destiny x2

Reverse Trap

Robbin' Goblin

--Kimi's Deck

-Monsters:

Agent of Creation - Venus

Mystic Shine Ball x3

Wingweaver

White Magician Pikeru

Shining Friendship

Marie the Fallen One

Agent of Wisdom - Mercury x2

Happy Lover

Agent of Force - Mars

Shinato, King of a Higher Plane

Tsukuyomi

-Spells:

Malevolent Nuzzler

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Generosity

Heart of Clear Water

Shinato's Arc

Cestus of Dagla

-Traps:

Wall of Revealing Light

Solemn Wishes

Solemn Judgment

Divine Wrath

Hallowed Life Barrier

Solar Ray x2

--Rocky's Deck:

-Monsters:

Stone Statue of the Aztecs

Destroyer Golem

Giant Soldier of Stone

-Spells:

The Reliable Guardian

Pot of Greed

Chorus of Sanctuary

-Traps:

Staunch Defender

Cross Counter

Castle Walls

Destruction Punch

--Amanda's Deck:

-Monsters:

Harpie Girl

Harpie Lady 2

Harpie's Pet Dragon

Harpie Lady 1

Harpie Lady 3

-Spells:

Giant Trunade

Monster Reborn

Elegant Egotist x2

-Traps:

Dust Tornado

Fairy Box

Rope of Life

--Kristin's Deck:

-Monsters:

[spoiler=Machine King's Guard]

154661cb6.jpg

Machine King

Guardian of the Throne Room

Giga-Tech Wolf

Roboyarou

Robolady

Super Roboyarou

{Super Robolady}

Mechanical Chaser

Robotic Knight

Emes the Infinity

Fusilier Dragon the Dual-Mode Beast

-Spell:

Graceful Charity

Pot of Greed

Polymerization

Axe of Despair

Fusion Weapon

Limiter Removal

Seven Completed

Tribute Doll

[spoiler=Electromagnetic Burst]

154661bf0.jpg

-Traps:

Staunch Defender

Covering Fire

erm' date=' how about posting John Vs Keeper, it's been a long time since that duel.

[/quote']

don't worry, we revisit that duel soon. next chapter actually. chapter will be done before long.

chapter sixteen is up!

[spoiler=Chapter Sixteen]

Their Leader Attacks! Too Weak to Fight Back

John

“Alright Keeper,” I said (My LP: 5600/Keeper’s LP: 5800), “you’re obviously strong. The combination that you’ve set up here to leave me top decking is brilliant. But you’ve made one fatal mistake; you left your ‘Ghost of Egypt’

154661ds3.jpg in attack mode. You might have ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’, but I’m not afraid to attack.” My Soul flashed gold and purple-black, and Keeper smiled. “I attack with ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ against your ‘Ghost of Egypt’, Black Fire Bullet!”

I hadn’t been able to follow the cards in Keeper’s hand, thanks to the ‘Shifting Shadows’ that still drifted across his field, making his side of the field hard to see. But when I thought about his hand and what type of card to choose for the effect of his trap, I suddenly knew that…

“The card on the left is a Trap!”

“You,” said Keeper, “are correct.” He showed me his card, the Continuous Trap ‘Bottomless Shifting Sand’. My ‘Red-Eyes’ launched a fireball, hitting the ‘Ghost of Egypt’ dead on. “Your monster might not die,” I said, “but you still take massive damage, a total of 1500 points of it!”

“You’re wrong I’m afraid,” Keeper replied, “because I have a Trap that you should know quite well. Reveal ‘Spirit Barrier’. As you know, as long as I control this card and at least one monster, I cannot take Battle Damage. Your move was good, but not quite good enough.”

Tucker

Archfiend Ruler stepped up between the empty shells of his two former allies. I picked Sarah up and set her down next to the others. Then I turned, exhausted, and walked back over to face the last remaining member of the Dark Duel Force. “Alright Fiend, I’m ready,” I said. “Give me your worst.”

“Certainly,” he replied, so calm that it was creepy, “but not just yet. I may have fun killing, but I have even more fun coordinating the hunt. You see, my cards aren’t like yours. I don’t rely on things like luck or magical Souls. My power in a duel comes from a depth of strategy that a hothead like you could never understand. Every one of my cards fits together with every other card. That’s why I’m invincible.

“I start,” said Fiend, “with a Field Spell card ‘Pandemonium’. But we’ll get to that later.” All around us the scenery changed. The air was tinted by a thin green mist, and curved bony spikes rose out of the ground at the battlefield’s edge, forming a ring around us. “I also set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.”

“That’s all?”

“A good strategist knows that the most effective opening move is often the most subtle one,” Fiend replied.

“Alright,” I said. I drew my card, noticing that my arms were sore. This sucks. After my last duel I can barely stand. “Well for my opening move,” I declared, “I summon my ‘Blazing Inpachi’,” A giant burning man made of logs appeared behind me (ATK: 1850), “and attack with Blaze Burst.” ‘Blazing Inpachi’ raised his flaming hands and poured fire down on Archfiend Ruler’s side of the field. Before the monster was destroyed it was revealed to be a near human-sized rat with dark red eyes..

“You destroyed my ‘Giant Rat’. That means that I can summon one Earth monster with 1500 Attack points or less from my deck. I summon ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’ in attack mode.” A demon with a sword for his right forearm and a shield for his left appeared (ATK: 1200). Vilepawn? I thought, Pawn, like in chess? Guess that’s what he meant when he said in-depth strategy.

“For my second move,” said Fiend eagerly, a hungry look in his eyes, “I draw, and in my Standby Phase I activate ‘Curse of Fiend’, changing you ‘Blazing Inpachi’ to defense mode (DEF: 0). Usually I would also have to sacrifice 600 of my Life Points to ‘Vilepawn’ in this Phase as well, but because we are battling at ‘Pandemonium’, my monster’s bloodlust is satiated by the dark forces at work here. And next, in my Main Phase, I’ll summon a second Archfiend monster. Like the chess piece she represents, my next monster is one of the most strategic pieces I have. I summon ‘Infernalqueen Archfiend’ in attack mode.” A red demon appeared, a sort of small crown on her head, carrying a simple blade (ATK: 900). “I attack the defenseless ‘Blazing Inpachi’,” Fiend declared, “with ‘Infernalqueen’,” The queen slashed my monster with her blade and he faded away, becoming a pile of burning wood and smoldering ash. “Now I attack directly with ‘Vilepawn’.” The second monster jumped at me and swung his sword, slashing me across the chest (8000-1200=6800). “I lay one card face-down,” Fiend concluded, “and end my turn.”

Pieces of smoldering wood still burned at my feet as I drew my next card. I was already weak, and the direct attack took even more out of me. My hands were shaking and my legs were starting to feel like rubber. But I wouldn’t give up. “For my move, I summon my ‘Solar Flare Dragon’ and attack the ‘Infernalqueen Archfiend’.”

My monster, a dragon made of fire appeared, opening its mouth and launching fire at my opponent’s side of the field. But he seemed unconcerned. “I don’t think so,” he said, smiling, “because like in chess, you must first go through the pawns. My ‘Vilepawn’ will block any attack that you launch against my Archfiend monsters.” The white fiend jumped in between the ‘Infernalqueen’ and my attack, holding it back with his shield. “But that’s not all,” Fiend said. “I reveal ‘Ultimate Offering’, paying 500 Life Points (8000-500=7500) to summon a second ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’.” Another ‘Vilepawn’ appeared beside the first. “When two ‘Vilepawns’ are on the field together, one intercepts all of your attacks, and the other disrupts them.” The second ‘Vilepawn’ swung his sword, dispersing my dragon’s fire. “In other words, as long as I control both ‘Vilepawns’, my Archfiends are impervious to attacks.”

“That’s just wonderful,” I said sarcastically, blinking away a bout of blurred vision. “Good thing monsters aren’t all I have. Reveal Trap card ‘Ring of Destruction’.” The ring of grenades appeared and flew toward one of the ‘Vilepawns’. But before it could attach, everything seemed to pause, like time on the field had been made to stand still.

“When one of my Archfiends is targeted by an effect its special ability activates, the Fiend Roulette.” A ring of six numbered orbs appeared in the air at ‘Vilepawn’’s side. A flame burned, jumping randomly from one orb to the next. The fire finally stopped on two. “Excellent,” said Fiend. “If the Fiend Roulette lands on two or five when activated for ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’, the card that targeted him is negated and destroyed.” Time resumed and the ‘Vilepawn’ swung his sword, shattering the ring.

“Then I’ll end my turn,” I said, “by activating the effect of my ‘Solar Flare Dragon’, dealing you 500 points of damage.” The dragon launched a fireball at Fiend, hitting him directly (7500-500=7000). Fiend didn’t even blink.

“Draw,” said Fiend, “and I think I’ll bring another friend to this party. I summon the leader of Archfiends and strategically the most powerful. Introducing ‘Terrorking Archfiend’!”

A tall skeletal fiend appeared. The bone the made up his head was shaped like a crown, and he wore a cape and had broad wings. He carried a long, broad sword in his right hand. He roared (ATK: 2000). “I activate the effect of my ‘Infernalqueen’. Once per turn she can increase the Attack of any Archfiend I control by 1000. The ‘Terrorking’ roared again (ATK: 2000+1000=3000).

“Next I pay 500 Life Points to summon ‘Shadowknight Archfiend’ as well.” Another demon appeared. He was armored with wings and long blue hair. His right forearm was a sword, and his left forearm was a claw (ATK: 2000). “I attack with ‘Shadowknight’ against your ‘Solar Flare Dragon’.” The knight slashed the dragon in half. “Battle Damage you take from ‘Shadowknight’ is halved, but your dragon is still destroyed (LP: 6550). I attack directly with my ‘Vilepawns’ and my ‘Infernalqueen’ (6550-1200-1200-900=3250). And I finish with ‘Terrorking Archfiend’.” The final Archfiend rose into the air, his wings spread wide, his sword held high. “Activate the Spell card 'Demon Lightning',

154661cp7.jpg increasing the attack of my ‘Terrorking’ by 500.” The Archfiend’s sword became charged with electricity (ATK: 3000+500=3500). “’Terrorking’, attack with Checkmate Slash!”

The demon swooped past me and swung his sword. My whole body tingled as electricity danced throughout my body. I screamed. “Checkmate,” Archfiend Ruler said, “in three moves.” I fell to the ground, falling into a deep and unending sleep.

TerrorkingArchfiendDCR-EN-SR.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Played]

--Tucker:

-Monsters:

Blazing Inpachi

Solar Flare Dragon

--Archfiend Ruler:

-Monsters:

Giant Rat

Vilepawn Archfiend x2

Infernalqueen Archfiend

Terrorking Archfiend

Shadowkinght Archfiend

-Spells:

Curse of Fiend

Pandemonium

Demon Lightning

-Traps:

Ultimate Offering

Next Chapter Last Stand; Karen and Max vs. The Immortal Archfiends

it was a lot of fun to write.

and to everyone, here is the rule regarding PG-13 ratings. should i add such a rating to this thread? i'm not really sure:

# PG-13

If your fanfic includes mild swearing, a degree of graphical violence, or mild sexual content, it is better placed as a PG-13.

it's a little later than i'd hoped, but here it is!

[spoiler=Chapter Seventeen]

Last Stand; Karen and Max vs. The Immortal Archfiends

Karen

“Tucker’s lost,” I said quietly to Max, careful not to let anyone else in the waiting room hear.

“We’d better get going then,” said Max. “We don’t want to do this too close to the building. Hang on.”

We stood, and Max grasped my wrist. His amber-colored Soul of Life flashed, and we were outside roughly fifty yards from the approaching enemy. He kept walking toward us, stopping twenty yards away. “You must be the last remnants of the Duel Force,” he said. “I’m Archfiend Ruler, the most powerful force either of you has ever faced.”

“Powerful or not,” I said, “you’re facing two of the Duel Force’s strongest Duelists. You can’t beat us both. No way.”

“We’ll see,” said Fiend with a sharp laugh. “Get ready, because I’ve already started (LP: 8000). I summon ‘Vilepawn Archfiend’, attack mode.” Fiend’s first Archfiend appeared (ATK: 1200). “I also place three cards face-down and end. Make your first moves.”

“Okay,” I said. “I start with the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’. This lets me draw three cards and then discard two. And I follow up by paying 1000 Life Points to activate ‘Toon World’ (8000-1000=7000). While the magic book ‘Toon World’ is in play, I can summon Toon monsters.”

A giant green book appeared behind me, in the air. It fell open, and pink smoke began pouring from its pages.

“From the pages of this infinitely magical book,” I declared, “I summon ‘Toon Mermaid’, and I sacrifice her for my ‘Toon Summoned Skull’.” The pink smoke cleared, and a cartoon mermaid appeared, lying in an oyster shell, carrying a bow (ATK: 1400). She was sucked back into the book, and a large black skeletal torso rose out of the pages, cackling wildly, lightning dancing between its claws (ATK: 2500).

“That makes it my move,” said Max, seeing that my turn was through. “I start with the Spell card ‘Call of the Mummy’, letting me Special Summon a zombie if I control no other monsters. I summon ‘Spirit Reaper’, and then I summon ‘The Dark – Hexed-Sealed Fusion’. By sacrificing ‘The Dark’ and ‘Spirit Reaper’ I can summon a Fusion monster that lists ‘Spirit Reaper’ as a Fusion Material monster, like my ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.” A jumble of darkness appeared, alongside Max’s grim reaper monster. The mass of Darkness, ‘The Dark – Hexed-Sealed Fusion’, blossomed out into dark void. ‘Spirit Reaper’ was swallowed up in the void. It closed, and a new reaper monster appeared. He was essentially ‘Sprit Reaper’ sitting aback a ghostly mummified horse (ATK: 800). “I set one card,” Max continued, “and I use my ‘Reaper’’s ability to attack you directly.” ‘Reaper’ galloped on air past the ‘Vilepawn’ and slashed Fiend with his scythe. It had to have hurt, but Fiend completely ignored my partner’s attack.

“When my ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ deals you damage,” Max explained, “you have to discard a card from your hand.” Fiend ditched his card, but seemed not to mind. In fact it almost seemed as if he had expected it and was counting on it (8000-800=7200).

“You two are strong. As strong as I expected.” Fiend activated a face-down card. As it flipped up, he said, “As good as you are though, I’m better. Reveal ‘Archfiend’s Roar’ paying 500 Life Points (7200-500=6700) to summon back the monster that you just discarded; ‘Terrorking Archfiend’.” The King of Archfiends appeared, and was instantly destroyed. “The effect of ‘Roar’ destroys the monster it summoned at the End Phase.”

“Well that made no sense,” said Max, but I understood.

“All will become clear,” Fiend said. “When ‘Terrorking Archfiend’ is destroyed, even by my own card’s effect, I can discard ‘Desrook Archfiend’ to revive him.” He sent a card from his hand to the Graveyard, and the ‘Terrorking’ returned, rising up and bellowing loudly (ATK: 2000). “Now,” said Fiend, “I draw and reveal ‘Battle-Scarred’. Now, when I pay Life Points to my Archfiends, you both pay the same amount (7000-1300=5700/8000-1300=6700/6700-1300=5400).” My entire body burned, like my life was being stripped away. “I also reveal ‘Life-Absorbing Machine’. Now each turn I gain back half the Life Points that I payed during my previous turn. Next I play ‘Falling Down’, gaining control of one of your monsters at the cost of 800 Life Points per turn. With my Spell card’s effect I control your ‘Toon Summoned Skull’. Then I pay 500 Life Points to have him attack his former master!”

My ‘Toon Summoned Skull’, the strongest monster on the field, moved to my opponent’s field. He raised his claws, and lightning rained down on me, nearly bringing me to my knees (5700-2500=3200/5400-500=4900).

“And now,” Fiend commanded, “I attack with my remaining monsters and finish you off.” ‘Vilepawn’ slashed me (3200-1200=2000). ‘Terrorking’ moved in to strike the final blow, and was cut off by Max’s Reaper. Max stood with his arms crossed. “I give my monster to Karen to absorb damage to her Life Points (2000+800-2000=800). I looked over at Max. He smiled a wicked smile, and I couldn’t help but smile as well. This was the kid that just a few months ago was one of my Greatest enemies, and now he and I were fighting side by side. It really was remarkable.

“It’s my turn again,” I said. “I start out by giving ‘Reaper’ back to partner.” The reaper monster became smoke and moved over to Max’s side where he reformed. “Next I activate ‘Swords of Revealing Light’, preventing all of your attacks for the next three turns.” Massive swords made of light rained from the sky and stuck into the ground all around my opponent. “And finally I summon ‘Toon Alligator’ in defense mode.” A tiny greed alligator appeared, holding an axe (DEF: 1600). “That ends my turn.”

John

My ‘Red-Eyes’ completed his attack, my opponent protected by his Trap. Damn! I thought. I’m really starting to run out of plays! “I place one card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn,” said Keeper gleefully. “I begin with my ‘Ghost of Egypt’’s ability of direct attack.” The ‘Ghost of Egypt’ flew strait at my monster, phasing right through him, punched me in the chest (5600-900=4700), and then retreated back to the opponent’s field. Great. Now what am I supposed to do?

Karen

“Draw,” said Max. He was confident, but that’s who he was. Where such overconfidence would leave most people at a disadvantage, Max was different. Despite his great confidence I knew that Max would be working mentally to find a way to overcome his opponent, as would I. But I didn’t know if it would be enough.

“I activate ‘Pot of Greed’,” said Max, “letting me draw two extra cards. Then I activate ‘Soul Release’ to remove the three cards in my Graveyard from play. I also summon ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’, using his effect to remove the ‘Soul Release’ in my Graveyard from play, raising the Attack of my ‘Chaosrider’ to 1700.” A fiend appeared riding a motorcycle, pike in hand.

”And now, because I have no cards in my Graveyard and four cards removed from play, I can activate ‘Chaos Greed’ to draw two more cards.” Max drew, picked a card from his hand, and continued his turn.

“Now, I activate ‘Dimension Distortion’,” Max declared, “to return my removed from play ‘Spirit Reaper’ to the field in defense mode,” the original ‘Reaper’ returned (DEF: 200). “And I attack directly with ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ and attack your ‘Vilepawn’ with ‘Gustaph’.” The ‘Reaper’ bypassed Fiend’s monsters to hit him directly, and ‘Gustaph’ slashed the ‘Vilepawn’ in half with his pike (5200+1200-1700-800=3900).

Max and I watched Archfiend Ruler for a reaction from him. “Oh come on,” I said. “You’re losing. Bad. Show some sign that you care!”

“But,” said Fiend, “I’m not going to lose.”

“Fine,” said Max. “I end my turn with a face-down card. If you’re so sure you can win then give us your best shot.”

“My pleasure,” said Fiend, an eager fire in his eyes. “I’ll finish you off first,” he said, pointing right at me. “I start by paying for my Archfiends, and thanks to ‘Battle-Scarred’ any opponent who can pay must pay (3900-1600=2300/6700-1600=5100).

“My ‘Life-Absorbing Machine’ activates this Phase as well.” Fiend’s Life Points increased (2300+650=2950).

“Also in my Standby Phase,” Fiend declared “I activate ‘Curse of Fiend’, forcing ‘Toon Alligator’ into attack mode (ATK: 800).And I play ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying the ‘Swords of Revealing Light’.” A burst of wind shredded my Spell card and the swords made of light flickered away. “Now,” said Fiend, “I’m clear to attack.

“I summon my next monster, the ‘Infernalqueen Archfiend’, and activate her ability to increase the Attack of my ‘Terrorking’ by 1000 (2000+1000=3000). Now ‘Terrorking’ will attack the ‘Alligator’ and kill you. Checkmate Slash!”

Well, I thought, closing my eyes, I guess that’s it. I lost. But when I heard the ‘Alligator’ die but felt no pain I opened my eyes. I was okay, my Life Points unharmed.

“Did you really think I’d let you do that?” max asked. “This duel is interesting, but nothing more. I won’t let an enemy as insignificant as you defeat me or my ally. Reveal ‘Spirit Barrier’. While this card is in play, as long as we control at least one monster my partner and I cannot be damaged in battle.”

“But your partner doesn’t have any monsters left,” said Fiend. “That means she’s wide open. I pay 500 Life Points (2950-500=2450) to attack directly with ‘Toon Summoned Skull’’s Demon Lightning.” ‘Toon Summoned Skull’ rained fire down on me, but before it could hit me, ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ flew in the way of the attack. It was vaporized, becoming smoke that reformed again into the ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.

“Heh,” said Max. “Looks like she has a monster now.”

“Then I’ll simply set a card,” said Fiend, “and end my turn.”

“My go,” I said, working hard to display confidence, even though I was afraid. “Let’s see what we can do to turn this thing around. I start with the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting each player in the duel draw until they hold six cards. Next I play one of the cards I just drew, my ‘Spell Absorption’, so that I gain 500 Life Points each time a Spell card is played, followed by ‘Spell Economics’, a card that lowers the Life Point cost of my Spell cards to zero (800+500=1300).

“Finally,” I declared, “I summon my ‘Toon Mermaid’ in defense mode (DEF: 1500) and place two cards face-down, passing the turn, and the ‘Nightmare Reaper’ back to my partner.”

“Thank you Karen,” Max said. “I begin and end my turn with a direct attack from my ‘Reaper’, stealing another of your cards (2450-800=1650). Thanks to my ‘Reaper’ and my ‘Spirit Barrier’, we’re invincible.”

“We’ll see,” said Fiend. “My turn.”

DesrookArchfiendDCR-EN-C.jpg

[spoiler=New Cards Played]

--Max:

-Monsters:

The Dark - Hexed-Sealed Fusion

--Karen:

-Spells:

Swords of Revealing Light

Spell Absorption