Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they don't know. all they can do is hope that once the Dark Duel Force has been taken care of, there will be a way to undo the damage that's been done. they don't want to think about it though, so they aren't really dealing with it yet.

*the actual answer is yes, but it rides on John passing Millennium Keeper's test*

true. i wanted his deck to be scary like Bakura's, and i liked the idea of Ouija Board in it, but Bakura's deck is mentioned to be an "Occult Deck", like Zane's is a "Cyber Deck", etc. so I decided to make his deck similar enough that he could have learned to use it from the same source, weather it be books or whatever (Zane had that weird school).

anyway, here is chapter eight! just when Kimi and Rocky think they have the upper hand, bad things start to happen!

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

Third Wave; Rocky and Kimi vs. Ghost Ruler

Rocky

I watched from the sidelines as another of my companions fell, their spirit stripped away. “No fair,” I said forcefully. “She didn’t have a Duelist’s Soul when we started. She shouldn’t have been bound by the same rules.”

“She made her choice,” said the spiky-haired kid. “By being here at all she made the choice to take part in our game, regardless of the consequences. She surprised me. To defeat Beast Ruler, and then to come so close to defeating Ghost Ruler. She was much stronger than I ever would have expected.”

I was mad, and I don’t anger easily. I turned to Kimi, my partner in the next duel. “You ready?” I asked. She nodded. “Good, let’s take out this trash.”

Kimi and I were the next wave. Karen and Jen, two of the greatest strategists I’d ever seen, thought that my solid defense and skill would be a good compliment to Kimi’s “Burning Light” Style, and as the duel began, I couldn’t help but hope that they were right.

“I’ll start off,” I said. “I set one monster and place three cards face-down (LP: 8000).”

“Making it my move,” said Kimi, “and I begin with my ‘Agent of Wisdom – Mercury’ in attack mode. Next I set two cards face-down and activate ‘Pot of Generosity’, letting me shuffle two cards from my hand into my Deck.”

On Kimi’s field appeared a man with dark green skin and green and blue wings, carrying a book under his arm (ATK: 0). She must have something prepared for that monster, I thought. I have to protect it. Good thing I’m prepared!

“My move,” said Ghost Ruler, “and I begin with my Spell card ‘Fiend Sanctuary’, letting me summon a ‘Metal Fiend Token’ to the field.” A small creature made of stacked reflective metal spheres appeared (ATK: 0). “Next,” said Ghost, “I sacrifice my ‘Token’ to summon one of my lost souls, ‘Earl of Demise’.” The ghastly gentleman swordsman appeared, brandishing his weapon (ATK: 2000). Attack ‘Agent Mercury’!” The ghost swordsman rushed Kimi’s monster, and was cut off by the statue of a massive face and hands, built from colored bricks.

“I reveal,” I said, “my Trap cards, ‘Staunch Defender’ and ‘Castle Walls’, increasing the Defense of my ‘Stone Statue of the Aztecs’ by 500 (DEF: 2500) and allowing it to block your attack!”

‘Earl’’s sword hit my ‘Statue’ and bounced off. I chuckled, saying, “Now, my final face-down card. Go ‘Destruction Punch’, destroying your monster with lower Attack than my monster’s Defense.” ‘Statue’ charged forward and overran the ‘Earl’, crushing it.

“And you may or may not know, when you take battle damage from a battle with my ‘Statue’, the damage is doubled.” Ghost seemed unconcerned as his Life Points fell (8000+2000-2500-500=7000).

“One card face-down,” said Ghost. “End turn.”

Three guesses what that card is, I thought, trying to come up with a way to get rid of what I knew was ‘Ouija Board’ before it could activate. But it was unnecessary. Kimi was already prepared.

“During the End Phase of your turn,” said Kimi, “I reveal ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your face-down card.” The ‘Ouija Board’ appeared, torn in half by a powerful gust of wind. Hundreds of souls burst from within it, screaming in pain before fading away.

Ghost started laughing. “Yep,” I said. “This guy’s definitely crazy.”

“Don’t you get it?” Ghost asked, a maniacal look in his eyes. “My ‘Ouija Board’ card in a handicap put in place to limit my true power! Now that it’s gone, I can really let loose!”

“Kim,” I said, feeling sick, “I think things may have just gotten a lot worse.

“I draw, and I play the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards from my deck. Next I summon my ‘Destroyer Golem’ in attack mode.” A huge stone man with a huge right arm, standing fifteen feet tall, appeared behind me (ATK: 1500). “Go, ‘Destroyer Golem’, attack. Massive Fist Hammer!” The ‘Golem’ punched Ghost Ruler, throwing him onto his back (7000-1500=5500). He got back up. He had blood in the corner of his mouth. He stuck out his tongue, licking the blood away.

“Awe man,” I said. “You’re sick.”

“Don’t worry,” Kimi said, collected and calm. “We won’t have to worry about him for too much longer. My turn! And because of my ‘Mercury’’s effect, because I had no card in my hand at the end of my opponent’s last turn, I can draw a second card this turn. But first, I reveal ‘Solemn Wishes’. Each time I draw, I gain 500 Life Points!” She drew once to start her turn, and then again for her monster’s effect, and gained Life (8000+500+500=9000). She was already establishing a rather impressive lead.

“Next I activate the effect of my ‘Card of Sanctity’,” she said, “letting all players draw until they hold six cards.” Every player drew, and Kimi’s Life Points rose even further (9000+500=9500).

“Finally, I change my ‘Mercury’ to defense mode (DEF: 1700), and summon ‘Agent of creation – Venus’!” A beautiful angel with long flowing hair descended to Kimi’s side (ATK: 1600). ‘Mercury’ stepped back to Kimi’s other side and raised his free hand, striking up a defensive pose.

“By paying 1500 Life Points,” said Kimi, “I can use my ‘Venus’’ light to call three ‘Mystic Shine Balls’ to the field (9500-1500=8000).” Three colorful glass orbs appeared, flying in a circle around ‘Venus’ (ATK: 500 (each)).

“Now,” Kimi commanded, “my monsters strike as one, Mystic Shine!” The four monsters released a wave of light (5500-1600-500-500-500=2400). “Would you look at that. Another turn and you’ll be dead.”

Ghost smiled his wicked smile and drew a card. “It’s my turn, and I star it off with a bang! Activate, ‘Dark Hole’!”

High above us, the sky grew dark, energy crackling across a vast black vortex that appeared in the sky. The pull of the vortex drew all seven of mine and Kimi’s monsters inside, closing behind them.

“Next,” said Ghost, “I play ‘Cheerful Coffin’, discarding ‘Headless Knight’ and ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, and I Special Summon ‘Dark Necrofear’ by her own effect, removing the three monsters in my Graveyard from play to do so (ATK: 2200).” The grotesque female ghost with the mutilated doll on hand appeared. I think Ghost expected us to be afraid, because when we didn’t flinch, he scowled.

“I guess seeing my deck once before has prepared you for the appearance of my monsters. It doesn’t matter though. My deck is still just as strong without all the terror. And there’s more than one way to scare a Duelist. Another of my favorite ways to scare someone is to out play them.

“I play ‘Spell Economics’ so that I don’t have to pay Life Points to activate the Spell card ‘Dimension Fusion’!”

A ripple appeared in the sky above Ghost, and three monsters emerged, the green-skinned baron, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’ (ATK: 2450), the ghastly swordsman, ‘Earl of Demise’ (ATK: 2000), and the decapitated warrior ‘Headless Knight’ (ATK: 1450).

“Now,” said Ghost, “finally, I summon the ‘Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams’, the Siren of Nightmares!”

Alongside the other four monsters, a spirit of a grotesque woman appeared (ATK: 1300). “Now, attack with all five of my monsters, dealing massive damage to you both.” I’m not sure which monsters hit who in the onslaught, but when it was over, Kimi had been thrown onto her back, and I had fallen to my knees. Our Life Points had fallen to 2050 and 3550 respectively.

That’s just great, I thought as Kimi and I struggled to rise. This guy’s got complete field advantage. When Kimi draws she’ll gain back some of the Life Points she lost, but other than that, we have nothing left. If I don’t draw a good card now, we’ll both lose! “I draw,” I said, “and I summon my favorite card, ‘Giant Soldier of Stone’!”

Ahead of me a fifteen foot tall stone warrior appeared, a stone sword in each hand, crouched down into a defensive position (DEF: 2000)

My monster's strong, but it’s not strong enough. “Activate, the Field Spell ‘Chorus of Sanctuary’, bathing all defending monsters in a holly light and raising their defense by 500 (2000+500=2500). Now none of your monsters can get through him!”

And if I have to, I’ll use that move to defend Kimi. She’s stronger than me, so if it comes down to it, I’ll give my life to save her’s

Kimi closed her eyes. Then she looked up at Ghost and said, “This is it. The defining moment in this entire duel. If I draw the right card, this duel ends now.

“Draw!”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

StoneStatueoftheAztecsSD7-EN-C-1E.jpg

Next Chapter Rocky Falls; Shine Bright, Shinato!

chapter nine!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Nine]

Rocky Falls; Shine Bright, Shinato!

Kimi

I took a deep breath and steeled up my nerves. Okay Kimiko, on three. One. Two. Three!

I drew, and I looked down at my card. It’s not what I was hoping for, I thought, but it’ll do. For now.

“I summon,” I said, “my ‘Happy Lover’ in defense mode (DEF: 500+500=1000) and equip him with the barrier card ‘Heart of Clear Water’.” My monster, a spherical angel with four wings and a heart on his forehead appeared. An energy bubble appeared around him, protecting him from attacks. “That’s all I can do,” I concluded, uncertainly. I looked over at Rocky. “Sorry I didn’t get my key card.”

“It’s not a problem,” Rocky replied. “We’re well protected and we have him outnumbered. We’ll do just Fine.” He looked confident, but I got the feeling he was worried. Truth be told, so was I.

“Good try,” Ghost said to me, “but something as simple as an Equip Spell card won’t work against me. Activate Spell card ‘Spiritualism’, returning one Spell or Trap in play to the owner’s hand.”

“No! My barrier!”

“You got it,” Ghost said as the barrier around my monster disappeared. “Now you’re wide open and your soul is ready to be plucked away!

“I attack ‘Happy Lover’ with my ‘Headless Knight’!” The ‘Headless Knight’ slashed, cleaving the tiny angel in half. “Now I can hit you directly with my remaining monsters, finishing you off, starting with ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’!” ‘Dark Ruler’ fired a sphere of energy at me. It’s all up to you now, Rocky, I thought. But suddenly, just in time, the ‘Stone Soldier’ sprung between me and the ‘Dark Ruler’’s attack, swinging his sword and knocking the energy sphere back toward Ghost, where it exploded at Ghost’s feet (2400+2450-2500=2350).

“Based on the team duel rules for partners in the game of Duel Monsters, once per turn, if my opponent doesn’t have any monsters and is about to be attacked, I can give my monster to my opponent and block the attack.”

I looked over at Rocky. “Why?” I asked.

Rocky stared strait ahead, into Ghost’s furious eyes. “Because you’re stronger than me,” he answered. “I couldn’t let you die, so I gave you my monster to save you when you needed it most.”

“Touching,” said Ghost, “but in case you didn’t notice, giving your monster to your partner left you wide open! I attack you directly with ‘Dark Necrofear’, ‘Gross Ghost’, and ‘Earl of Demise’!”

I watched helplessly as the ‘Dark Necrofear’ and the ‘Gross Ghost’ fired dark energy at Rocky’s chest. The resulting explosion kicked up a thick cloud of smoke. Seemingly out of nowhere the ‘Earl of Demise’ burst through the smoke and slashed Rocky across the chest with his sword (3550-1300-2200-2000=0). Rocky fell to his knees and collapsed, his spirit stripped away.

“No, Rocky,” I said, tears coming to my eyes. But I heard something, like a voice in the back of my mind reach out to me. Don’t worry, said Rocky. I think I’m okay. I looked around frantically for the source of the voice, and the ‘Stone Soldier’ turned it’s head to look back at me, new life in it’s once cold, lifeless eyes.

Rocky? I thought back.

In the flesh, the voice replied, more or less.

How? I asked. I couldn’t believe what was going on!

I guess I somehow activated my Soul’s power to animate stone and my soul got caught in the ‘Stone Soldier’, which, thanks to the Shadow Game, is real. But that’s not important. What matters is that I’m still here to help you fight!

I’m glad, I thought. Then to Ghost I said, “I draw, and I equip my ‘Heart of Clear Water’ to my ‘Stone Soldier’, making him virtually indestructible.” A barrier appeared around the monster that was somehow my fallen friend. “I end my turn.”

Ghost drew his card and smiled. “Excellent! Let the final moment’s begin!”

John

“I draw,” I said, and I pulled the top card from my deck. “Next I set one card and end my turn.” Alright, Keeper, I thought, I just need to turn this strategy of yours to my advantage.

“Excellent,” said Keeper. “Now it’s my turn. I draw, and I attack with my ‘Immortal Mummy’!” The ancient monster struck (5900-300=5600), sending my ‘Red-Eyes’ to the Graveyard. “Now, attack with the second ‘Mummy’.” The second monster moved to strike.

“Not if I can help it!” I said, cutting in. “I reveal my Trap card, ‘Call of the Haunted’, calling ‘Red-Eyes’ from the Graveyard (ATK: 2400)!” The black dragon appeared and roared, and the ‘Mummy’ stopped dead in its tracks.

“In that case,” Keeper said, “I end my turn by summoning another of my key cards, the ‘Spectral Mummy’!”

154661ev6.jpg

A second mummy monster faded into existence beside the two ‘Immortal Mummies’, its back hunched, its knuckles scraping the ground. “Now,” said Keeper, “I activate ‘Spectral Mummy’’s special ability, sacrificing him and one of my ‘Immortal Mummies’ to summon my very soul, ‘Ghost of Egypt’!”

154661aj4.jpg

The two mummies faded into the shadows and a new creature emerged. His skin was black, and he wore a headdress over his jackal-like head (ATK: 900).

“Now I change my ‘Immortal Mummy’ to defense mode (DEF: 0) and end my turn.”

Well, I thought, Things really aren’t goin’ my way.

Kimi

“I begin my turn,” said Ghost, “with a Spell card, ‘Dark Energy’, raising the Attack and Defense power of any Fiend by 300. I give this power to ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’ (2450+300=2750) and end my turn with a face-down card."

“Then I draw,” I said, and I pulled the top card of my deck. My heart skipped a beat. I’d drawn my key card, but I could only see one way to use it, and I just couldn’t do it. The stakes were too high.

What is it? I heard Rocky ask from his place within the body of his monster.

I drew my card.

Then play it, he thought back.

I can’t. To use it I have to sacrifice monsters. Last turn I could have used ‘Happy Lover’, but now, my only option would be to use the ‘Giant Soldier of Stone’ instead. If I do, your soul will go to Yami.

Yeah, he thought, But my soul will disappear alongside the ‘Stone Soldier’ at the end of the duel anyway. I’d rather I go to Yami ahead of Ghost Ruler than alongside you. Crush this creep, and just make sure you get my soul back later, okay?

I had tears in my eyes, but I blinked them back and nodded. To Ghost Ruler I said, “For my turn, I activate the Spell card ‘Shinato’s Arc’!”

High above my head in the light of the sinking sun, a huge wooden ship appeared. “By offering monsters who’s total levels equal eight or more,” I declared, as the front of the arc opened, “I can summon my ultimate monster to the field.”

A vortex opened in the bow of the arc and two monsters, the red-skinned angel ‘Agent of Force – Mars’, and a second copy of the ‘Agent of Wisdom – Mercury’, appeared nest to Rocky on the field. The three monsters were pulled into the vortex, and it disappeared, the arc closing behind it. There was a flash of gold light, and the arc shattered. From within the structure a radiant backlit form emerged.

“Ghost Ruler,” I declared, bathing in my monster’s light, “meet the ultimate angel, ‘Shinato, King of a Higher Plane’!”

154661aj4.jpg

Next Chapter Double K.O. of Zoma the Spirit

here is chapter ten. its short, but a lot happens.

[spoiler=Chapter Ten]

Double K.O. of Zoma the Spirit

“This duel ends,” I said, “when I summon the Spirit Monster ‘Tsukuyomi’.” A woman in a long navy robe appeared on the field (ATK: 1100). “When ‘Tsukuyomi’ is summoned, I can change any face-up monster to defense position. I choose ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’, changing it to defense mode (DEF: 1600), and then attack it with ‘Shinato’’s Celestial Ring!”

My monster, a tall male angel with blue skin and six golden wings, wearing Hindu garbs emerged from the fading glow of the ‘Arc’, his hands raised. Six shining spheres appeared and spun in a circle until they formed a ring that shot forward and cut ‘Ha Des’ in half. “Now,” I said, “because your monster was destroyed while in defense mode, you take damage equal to his Attack points. Because you only have 2350 Life Points left, you’ll die!”

“I doubt it,” Ghost countered, “because I was prepared for something like this. Reveal, the Counter Trap ‘Trap of Board Eraser’, negating effect damage to my Life Points.” ‘Shinato’ fired a beam of light at Ghost, but a barrier came up, deflecting the light. “Also,” said Ghost, “you have to discard a random card from your hand.”

“It doesn’t matter,” I said dismissively, “because at the end of my turn my ‘Tsukuyomi’ returns to my hand, meaning that I can use its effect next turn as well. If not this turn, then you’ll die next turn, or the turn after. It doesn’t matter. No matter what you do, I will make you feel the pain of a hundred deaths at the hands of my ‘Shinato’!”

Ghost laughed almost hysterically, “Do you think I care?! The taste of death sustains me! Mine, yours, I don’t care! I live for it! Now do your worst. Turn end!”

“Suite yourself. I draw (2050+500=2550), and I summon ‘Tsukuyomi’, changing your ‘Earl of Demise to defense mode! Attack, Celestial Ring!” ‘Shinato’ released his attack. It tore through the gentleman ghost and hit Ghost Ruler. He cried out in pain, but his cries became a fit of maniacal laughter as his Life Points fell to dangerous levels (2350-2000=350).

Ghost drew. “Uh oh. All I can do is set a card and end my turn!”

“Then it ends now,” I said, drawing a card (2550+500=3050). “This is for Kris and Rocky. ‘Shinato’, kill ‘Dark Necrofear’, Celestial Ring!”

Ghost smiled wide, “I don’t think so. If I’m gonna die, I’m gonna take you with me. Reveal, my greatest two card combo, ‘Zoma the Spirit’ and ‘Call of the Earthbound’! When used together, these two cards let me summon the ectoplasm ghost ‘Zoma the Spirit’ and allows it to intercept your attack!” A ghostly form made of a semi-solid mist appeared and moved to take the brunt of ‘Shinato’’s attack (ATK: 1800). The Celestial Ring cut through the creature, and it seemed to break down into mist. The ring continued through and hit Ghost in the chest (350+1800-3300=0). He was thrown onto his back. “Good try,” I said, “but this duel is over.”

But before my eyes, Ghost struggled into a sitting position, a wide smile spread across his face. “’Zoma’,” he said, “Ectoplasm Attack!” He fell back, his spirit stripped away, as the mist took form, resembling the dead monster, ‘Zoma’. It plunged through my chest, and I felt like my soul was burning away (3050-3300=0).

The last thing I remember as I felt my spirit torn from my body was a pang of fear gripping my heart, and the echo of Ghost Ruler’s horrific laughter following me to my fate.

Monty

“Well,” said Spiky Hair as Lawrence and I moved Kimi over to lie beside her three fallen allies. “That was quite an unusual conclusion. I never even considered that Ghost Ruler wouldn’t survive a Shadow Game. Oh well. He wasn’t even close to our strongest. War Ruler. Guardian Ruler. You’re up.”

The muscular man and the young man in his twenties stepped forward. Based on their posture I could tell that they were strong. In fact, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were willing to take us all on at once. But that wasn’t the plan.

Lawrence and I stepped forward to face the two enemy Duelists. “We’ll be your opponents,” I said.

“And,” said Lawrence, “I’m going first.”

He drew, “For my opening move, I activate ‘Super Rejuvenation’. At the end of the turn I draw one card for every Dragon that I discarded or sacrificed during the turn. Next I play ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and then discarding two, both dragons. And I'll summon my ‘Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands’ to the field.” A fairy with thousands upon thousands of arms appeared, his entire body glowing with a golden light (DEF: 1000).

“When ‘Manju’ Is summoned,” Lawrence went on, “I can add my ‘White Dragon Ritual’ to my hand from my deck.

“Activate ‘White Dragon Ritual’, sacrificing the ‘Spirit Ryu’ in my hand to summon ‘Paladin of White Dragon’!”

On Lawrence’s field appeared a second monster. He wore gleaming white armor and rode aback a small white dragon (ATK: 1900).

“Next,” said Lawrence, “I summon ‘Kaibaman’.” A man appeared, wearing a white suite and a ‘Blue-Eyes’ helm, carrying a Duel Monsters card (ATK: 300). “I sacrifice ‘Kaibaman’ and ‘Paladin of White Dragon’ to summon two copies of the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’!”

Lawrence’s monsters disappeared, and in their place appeared two of the legendary white dragons. They spread their wings and roared their trademark roar (ATK: 3000).

“Now,” said Lawrence, “I end my turn, and because I sacrificed or discarded a total of four Dragon-type monsters, I draw four new cards!”

Lawrence crossed his arms, and I stood with my right arm behind my back. Things might not be easy for us in this duel, I thought, but I’m gonna help Lawrence make sure things are even harder for our opponents. No matter what the cost, we will stop them here!

Shinato%2CKingofaHigherPlaneDCR-EN-UR.jpg

Next Chapter The Ultimate Combination of Attack and Defense

okay, readers of yugioh df, i have a challenge for you. a game if you will. no, not a shadow game ^_^

here it is. i said earlier that two characters in this book also appeared in the original yugioh series. i'm going to tell you which ones they are, but not who they are. anyone who can figure out who they are using hints from the book will get a rep! (hurray!)

the first character is the dark duel force member guardian ruler! and the second is the big boss baddy, yami himself!

the only one of the two that i expect you to get so far is guardian ruler. look at his name and his description and you should be able to figure it out.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Yami is Anubis since Zorc is a demonic spirit and not a duelist and thier is no chance that someone like Thief king Bakura would have a good side to make twelve souls but due to Anubis's huge lack of backround he could of had a good side, also Anubis played a sphinx deck and Yami's key card in his fake deck was guardian sphinx

Guardian Ruler is Raphael, this is odd because Raphael is a good guy who cares about his cards and had to little evil for the oricalcos to take his soul until Dartz revealed that it was his fault his family is dead, while The Pharaoh was evil enough to lose his soul until Yugi decided to sacrifice himself instead.

you got the second one right. sorry. as far as i'm concerned, anubis died in the events of the movie. besides, he was far too generic a villain to be truly interesting. yami is someone who is much more fun to hate.

also, remember, yami isn't necessarily the forgotten duelists dark side. he might not even be around yet. all we know is that yami wants the souls, not why. more of his history will revealed in a few chapters, and then it should be a cinch to get it.

since guardian ruler's identity has already been given away ^_^ mostly because i forgot to ask you all to pm me your guesses, the next one will be for two reps, and you must pm me the answer. only the first five to get it will get reps. once five people have guessed correctly, i will post their names as well as the answer here.

here is the long awaited chapter eleven! also, if you haven't seen my last couple of posts, you really should read 'em. interesting stuff!

[spoiler=Chapter Eleven]

The Ultimate Combination of Attack and Defense

“My move,” said Guardian Ruler (LP: 4000), “and I begin my turn with three face-down cards and a monster in defense mode. Next I play ‘Gravity Axe – Grarl’, letting me summon ‘Guardian Grarl’.”

A large dinosaur with the stance and posture of a gorilla appeared, carrying an axe (ATK: 2500+500=3000).

“Good move,” I said (LP: 4000), “But not good enough. I set a monster of my own, and I end my turn.”

“Pathetic,” War Ruler said as he drew his card (LP: 4000). “I guess you aren’t as good as I’d heard. I begin with the Spell card ‘Reinforcement of the Army’ to add a Warrior monster from my deck to my hand.” He fanned out his deck, picked a card, placed it in his hand, shuffled, and replaced his cards. “Now I summon the monster I chose, the ‘Marauding Captain’, defense mode.” A steel-armored soldier appeared, sword in hand (DEF: 600).

“Now, because of ‘Captain’’s effect, I can summon a level four or lower monster from my hand, so I summon my ‘Queen’s Knight’ in attack mode.” A female knight in red armor marked with the four suites found in a deck of cards appeared and raised her sword (ATK: 1500). “Now,” War commanded, “I attack with my ‘Queen’s Knight’ against the face-down monster, Royal Slash!”

‘Queen’s Knight’ rushed forward and raised her sword. My monster revealed itself, a giant golden oil lamp. An energy barrier came up around the lamp. ‘Queen’s Knight’ swung her sword, hitting the barrier. She was pushed back as the barrier became charged with energy.

“You attacked my ‘Ancient Lamp’,” I explained. “That means that all of the energy from your attack is reversed, hitting one other monster that you control.”

Energy rippled across the barrier, focused into one point, and then fired at the ‘Marauding Captain’, destroying it. War Ruler seemed unconcerned. “I place two cards face-down,” he said “and end my turn.”

“Then it’s time,” said Lawrence, “to let the onslaught begin! I equip the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ with the Spell card ‘Dragon’s Treasure’, raising his power (3000+300=3300), and I attack the ‘Guardian Grarl’, Burst Stream of Destruction!”

“Reveal,” said Guard, “the Trap card ‘Shadow Spell’!” The dragon inhaled and released its attack, just as a set of chains ensnared him, draining his power (3300-700=2600). ‘Grarl’ leapt strait into the mighty dragon’s beam, dispersing it with his weapon, raised his axe over his head and decapitating the dragon. It became a cloud of thick smoke and melted away (4000+2600-3000=3600).

“I end my turn,” said Lawrence, not even trying to hide his anger. Guardian Ruler smiled slightly as he began his turn.

“I draw,” Guard said, “and I start out by Flip-Summoning ‘Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu’.” A muscular man appeared, wearing an iron mask and carrying an iron hammer (ATK: 500). “When ‘Iron Blacksmith’ is flipped face-up, I can move any Equip Spell card from my deck to my hand. I choose the powerful ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light – Tryce’. I play it, and sacrifice ‘Kotetsu’, to summon ‘Guardian Tryce’.” A man wearing a decorated yellow vest and yellow gloves appeared, a long, sharp, thin-bladed sword in each hand (ATK: 1900-500=1400).

“Next,” said Guard, “I reveal my ‘Shooting Star Bow – Ceal’ and equip it to ‘Tryce’ as well (ATK: 1400-1000=400),” A bow appeared, strapped to ‘Tryce’’s back, and his body was wreathed in white light, “and I reveal the Trap card ‘Reverse Trap’, reversing all attack increases and decreases this turn (‘Grarl’’s ATK: 2000/’Tryce’’s ATK: 3400).

“Now, because ‘Tryce’ bears the ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light’ he can attack twice. Kill the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’, Flashing Blade!” ‘Tryce’ leapt up and swung his swords, and there was a flash. ‘Tryce’ landed behind ‘Blue-Eyes’, and the dragon literally fell to pieces (3600+3000-3400-3200).

“’Grarl’, kill the ‘Ancient Lamp’, Gravity Slash.” ‘Grarl’ charged forward and raised his axe, bringing it down on the ‘Lamp’, slashing it in half.”

“And finally, ‘Tryce’, attack the Spellcaster Duelist.” ‘Tryce’ attacked me at the speed of light. I winced as my Life Points fell (4000-3400=600).

I took a deep breath. “At least it’s my turn now,” I said as ‘Grarl’ and ‘Tryce’ returned to their original Attack values (ATK: 3000/ATK: 400). “I start things off with ‘Monster Reborn’, returning my ‘Ancient Lamp’ to play,” the ‘Lamp’ reappeared, “and I activate its effect, Special Summoning ‘La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp’!” A stern green genie appeared in a cloud of smoke that came from within the ‘Lamp’ itself (ATK: 1800).

“Now I sacrifice ‘Ancient Lamp’ and ‘La Jinn’ to summon my ultimate monster,” the two monsters disappeared and were replaced by a tall man clad in purple leather, wearing a purple leather wizard’s hat, carrying a green staff. “Arise,” I declared, “my ‘Dark Magician’!”

My monster spun his staff in his right hand, aiming his left palm at the ‘Guardian Tryce’. “’Dark Magician’, attack the ‘Guardian Tryce’, Dark Magic!”

“I don’t think so,” said War Ruler, a smile on his face. “Go, ‘Kunai with Chain’.” A boomerang attached to a chain appeared in the ‘Queen’s Knight’’s hands (ATK: 1500+500=2000). She threw the boomerang at ‘Dark Magician’. It circled him, wrapping him with the chain. ‘Queen’s Knight’ pulled, and ‘Dark Magician’ fell to his knees (DEF: 2100).

“Alright,” I said, frustrated, “I set a card and end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn,” said War Ruler as he drew, “and I begin with the trap card ‘Good Goblin Housekeeping’. I draw one card and place ‘Jack’s Knight’ from my hand at the bottom of my deck. I also summon ‘King’s Knight’, and because he and ‘Queen’s Knight’ are on the field together I can Special Summon ‘Jack’s Knight’ from my deck by ‘King’s Knight’’s effect.” A bearded male knight in orange armor appeared (ATK: 1600). He planted his sword in the ground, and a third knight appeared in blue armor (ATK: 1900).

“Now,” said War, “I equip my ‘Queen’s Knight’ with ‘Legendary Sword’ (ATK: 2000+300=2300) and I’ll have her attack your ‘Dark Magician’.”

“No you won’t,” I said, “because I have Trap cards too. Reveal ‘Magical Hats’.” ‘Dark Magician’ disappeared and four large black silk hats appeared in his place. “One of these hats hides the ‘Dark Magician’; you just have to guess which one.”

“’Queen’s Knight’, attack the hat on the middle right.” ‘Queen’s Knight’ pulled on the now free ‘Kunai with Chain’, catching the boomerang in her left hand as the chain landed draped over her shoulder. With a flick of her wrist she let the boomerang fly, piercing the empty hat. The boomerang curved back around and returned to its source.

“Now,” said War, “I set a card for later. Turn end.”

“There won’t be a later for you,” said Lawrence, “because I plan to end this duel this turn! Activate ‘Monster Reborn’, summoning ‘Paladin of White Dragon’ from my Graveyard.” The white dragon rider returned. “Sacrifice ‘Paladin of White Dragon’ to summon my third ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ to the field!”

The ‘Paladin’ disappeared almost as soon as he had appeared, giving way to Lawrence’s final ‘Blue-Eyes’. “And now,” Lawrence said, eagerness in his voice, “I activate my key card, ‘Dragon’s Mirror’, removing ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ on the field and two ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’ in the Graveyard from play to summon my most powerful card. Dark Duel Force, cower in fear,” The ‘Blue-Eyes’ in play sprouted two more heads and roared, “of the ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’!”

Blue-EyesUltimateDragonJMP-EN-ScR-LE.png

Next Chapter The Greatest Dragon Falls; Power of Mirage Knight

and yet another chapter. i'm on a roll! duel force vs. dark duel force is almost through. soon it will be john's final battle with yami, so if anyone else has an idea of who yami might be, get your guess in soon before the answer is given away!

[spoiler=Chapter Twelve]

The Greatest Dragon Falls; Power of Mirage Knight

Lawrence

I struggled to control my excitement as my most powerful card appeared before me with a deep, bellowing roar. “You may have balanced your decks well to both attack our monsters and defend your own,” I said mockingly, “but you still can’t defeat the ultimate ‘Blue-Eyes’ (ATK: 4500). ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’, destroy ‘Guardian Grarl’, Ultimate Burst!”

The dragon’s three heads released beams of white energy that hit the ‘Guardian Grarl’, engulfing him completely in a brilliant white radiance (4000+3000-4500=2500).

“That’s all for now,” I said. “Make your move.”

“Gladly,” said Guard, “but first let me point out what you did wrong. If you had attacked my ‘Guardian Tryce’, you would have killed me. But you let your pride get in your way of defeating your enemy and you destroyed my strongest monster instead. But that wasn’t even your biggest mistake,” his expression changed from one of calm to one of rage. “Your greatest mistake was killing ‘Grarl’!”

An aura of energy rose up around Guard, and his Shadow Item, the Shadow Soul, crackled to life. “To repay you,” said Guard, his voice deeper than before, “I’ll kill your friend. Each of my ‘Guardian’’s weapons grants them a special power. You know that the ‘Twin Swords of Flashing Light’ gives my ‘Guardian Tryce’ the ability to attack twice, but I never told you what my ‘Shooting Star Bow’’s effect is. Any monster equipped with ‘Shooting Star Bow’ can attack directly.”

At first I didn’t know why that mattered, but then it hit me, “Monty!” I looked over at my only real friend, just in time to see the ‘Guardian Tryce’ appear at Monty’s side. The monster spun, hitting Monty once with each of his swords, and then disappeared in a burst of light, landing at his master’s side. Monty fell, his Life Points depleted (600-400-400=0). Monty’s cards disappeared, and he collapsed.

No! I thought. When we fought together, Monty and I were invincible! He used his magic strategies to hold the opponent at bay until I could come in with my dragons for the final attack! But I made a mistake, and it cost him his soul.

“Now,” said War, “it’s time to finish this duel off.”

“I set a card,” said Guard, “and end my turn.”

“Which,” said War, “makes it my turn. I activate ‘Promotion’,

154661fe0.jpg raising the level of my level five ‘Jack’s Knight’ by one, making it a level six monster. Next I activate ‘Metamorphosis’, transforming a level six monster into a Fusion Monster of the same level.” ‘Jack’s Knight’’s armor changed. It became black and red in color, and him longsword gave way to a more menacing curved blade. “Introducing,” said War Ruler, “the ‘Dark Flare Knight’ (ATK: 2200)!”

‘Dark Fare Knight’ raised his sword and lunged right at my dragon. I was angry, and I was itching for some revenge. “Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’,” I commanded, “counterattack! Ultimate Burst!”

My mighty dragon released all of my guilt, all of my rage, and all of my determination, channeled into one final attack. ‘Dark Flare Knight’ was overcome, but when my attack faded, the knight had changed once again. He was clad in brilliant golden armor, and his sword had been replaced by a decorated scythe.

“By destroying my ‘Dark Flare Knight’,” War said, “you unleashed my strongest monster, the mighty ‘Mirage Knight’ (ATK: 2800).”

War looked at me with a mind blowing amount of confidence in his eyes. I’d never felt anything like what I was feeling now. I was truly afraid. ‘Mirage Knight’ charged strait at my dragon. The dragon attacked, but ‘Mirage Knight’ raised his scythe, deflecting my monsters attack. He rose up above my dragon’s head, his scythe gleaming with the light of my dragon’s attack, and raised his scythe above his head, ready to strike (ATK: 2800+4500=7300).

“Reveal,” said Guard, “the Spell card ‘Spirit Life’,

154661jf3.jpg bringing the spirit of my ‘Guardian Grarl’ back and infusing ‘Mirage Knight’ with its power.” A ghostly ‘Grarl’ appeared and was drawn into the ‘Knight’’s body (ATK: 7300+1250=8550).

My last thought as ‘Mirage Knight’ brought his scythe down, releasing a wave of energy that split my dragon in half, was that I had done my best, but my best wasn’t good enough.

The wave carried through, hitting me, throwing me through the air. I landed hard on my back (3200+4500-8550=0) as my soul disappeared from my body.

Tucker

I watched from my place at Sarah’s side as Lawrence was defeated as well, his ultimate monster reduced to a heap of ash. “How are we gonna beat such a powerful team,” Sarah asked. “We’re all that’s left.”

“We’re not,” I said. “Max and Karen are still back at the hospital. We just have to do our best and know that we’re fighting for our friends.”

“Right,” said Sarah. She swallowed hard. I noticed the fear in her eyes.

“And then there were two,” said Spiky Hair, laughing wickedly. “And before long, there will be none!”

“No way,” I said, loud enough for the Dark Duel Force to hear. “We’re the fifth wave. Nobody gets past us!”

Sarah and I stepped forward and faced our opponents, both of us hiding the fact that we were afraid for our lives.

MirageKnightDR1-EN-SR.jpg

Next Chapter Fire and Water

**WARNING** profiles nineteen and twenty contain TONS of spoilers of things we won't learn until book five, so only read them if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that you want to know.

[spoiler=Character Profile #18]

Name: Ghost Ruler

Deck Type: Occult

Shadow Item: Shadow Bracelet

Spirit Monster: Dark Necrofear

Description: Stark white hair. Ghost Ruler is sadistic and evil. he lives to experience death, and though he would prefer to experience it vicariously through others, he is not opposed to seeing what his own death feels like. He claims to be able to summon and command the ghosts of those who have met unfortunate ends. When he duels, his only motivation is causing his opponent pain. This is why he only duels in a Shadow Game.

[spoiler=Character Profile #19]

Name: Raphael "Guardian Ruler"

Deck Type: Guardian Spirit

Shadow Item: Shadow Soul

Spirit Monster: Guardian Eatos/Guardian Dreadscythe

Description: Raphael is a large and imposing man. He was born into a rich family, but lost everything at a young age, having only his Dual Monsters cards left. He joined a group under a man named Dartz, put together in order to gain control of the world. After an encounter with Yugi Moto, Raphael's allegiances changed. He was asked to join a group called the Duelists Elite, formed to combat the rising threat of the Duelists of the Order. Currently he and his partner Marcus are infiltrating the ranks of the Order in an attempt to learn their total strength and numbers. He was chosen by Yami to become part of the Dark Duel Force, a special task force within the Order. When the Dark Duel Force attacked the Duel Force Raphael was forced to fight his hardest against them, even though he didn't want to, in order to keep his cover from being blown.

[spoiler=Character Profile #20]

Name: Marcus "War Ruler"

Deck Type: Blade Force

Shadow Item: Shadow Dagger

Spirit Monster: (Swift) Gaia the Fierce Knight/Gaia the Dragon Champion

Description: Marcus was a champion duelist at the age of seven. Because he is strong and has a good heart, he was approached at age eighteen and asked to join the special anti-Order group, the Duelists Elite. He and another powerful member of the Duelists Elite, Raphael, were sent undercover to learn more about the Order's strength. Marcus was chosen by Yami to become part of the Dark Duel Force, a special task force within the Order. When the Dark Duel Force attacked the Duel Force Marcus was forced to fight his hardest against them, even though he didn't want to, in order to keep his cover from being blown.

Archived