[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

The problem with the mod application system was that there so many members who applied who were not being seriously considered for a position. I think it would be more suitable for someone on the mod team to PM a member to fill out an application of they are being considered. This would cut down on the clutter and allow us to get more information on potential candidates (if we need it).

Most of the mods are prejudiced and might chose members based on their personal opinion. After all this isn't their forum' date=' if this dies due to horrible moderation theirs always another forum right? I can think of a couple of mods who got this job because of the [b']biased judgment[/b] of an undeserving mod.

Your throwing out generalizations their Altair.

First off, Prejudiced would mean that I wouldn't send you an application becuase your black. The word your looking for is biased, and even then, its the moderators job to pick the best likely candidates, meaning looking at every aspect, so just because your best friend didn't an application, doesn't mean that mods are biased.

Blaming the moderators like you have, isn't going to get yourself heard.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with the mod application system was that there so many members who applied who were not being seriously considered for a position. I think it would be more suitable for someone on the mod team to PM a member to fill out an application of they are being considered. This would cut down on the clutter and allow us to get more information on potential candidates (if we need it).

Most of the mods are prejudiced and might chose members based on their personal opinion. After all this isn't their forum' date=' if this dies due to horrible moderation theirs always another forum right? I can think of a couple of mods who got this job because of the [b']biased judgment[/b] of an undeserving mod.

I know what I'm talking about.

First off, Prejudiced would mean that I wouldn't send you an application becuase your black.

Or that you didn't send me an application because I did something to you.

The word your looking for is biased

Biased is when I pick someone over the other because of personal feelings. Prejudice is when I pick someone over the other due to the fact I still hate the somebody for doing something to me.

and even then, its the moderators job to pick the best likely candidates, meaning looking at every aspect

Which they're not really doing.

so just because your best friend didn't an application, doesn't mean that mods are biased.

lolwut?

Wanna bet?

I know what I'm talking about.

First off, Prejudiced would mean that I wouldn't send you an application becuase your black.

Or that you didn't send me an application because I did something to you.

The word your looking for is biased

Biased is when I pick someone over the other because of personal feelings. Prejudice is when I pick someone over the other due to the fact I still hate the somebody for doing something to me.

and even then, its the moderators job to pick the best likely candidates, meaning looking at every aspect

Which they're not really doing.

so just because your best friend didn't an application, doesn't mean that mods are biased.

lolwut?

Wanna bet?

First off, what Falling Pizza said about moderators sending out applications, hasn't been done yet, he was merely suggesting it.

Also, Prejudice, is based on RACE, not because you kicked me, and it hurt my feelings.

Also, I didn't send you an application because Read sentence after the words "First off"

Like I said, you are throwing out huge generalizations and accusations.

It's just that some mods will think' date=' oh he's my friend he has to be great. They don't look at it from other points of view. YCMaker unlike the other mods has no actual feelings towards anyone really so he's more capable of knowing who's fit and who isn't, not that he did =\

[/quote']

The bit about the friends would be true, if we were younger. Yankees my friend, and I thought that because he isn't on much that Icyblue would be a better candidate. I also thought that Glasstin would be a good candidate for General, but Raven was chosen.

Most of the mods are prejudiced and might chose members based on their personal opinion. After all this isn't their forum' date=' if this dies due to horrible moderation theirs always another forum right? I can think of a couple of mods who got this job because of the biased judgment of an undeserving mod.

[/quote']

Maybe, however if only one mod suggests a member, it isn't enough. You need the approval of the whole staff team. I can think of some mods who got proposed by a friend of them, however if they got chosen in the end, they must have had other qualifications which were required. Thus they deserved their promotion, regardless of being someone's friend or not.

It's just that some mods will think' date=' oh he's my friend he has to be great. They don't look at it from other points of view. YCMaker unlike the other mods has no actual feelings towards anyone really so he's more capable of knowing who's fit and who isn't, not that he did =\

[/quote']

Why am I here? I'm not ehm... really popular.:lol:

I laughed a bit at the pictures thing, though. If YCMaker and Falling Pizza don't want to tell more about themselves, just let them continue this way. It's perfectly understandable and in fact, we don't need pictures of them.

Posting a topic about the staff in the News section would be one too many as well, as my opinion. Wouldn't it grab more attention to the staff team than they actually deserve? Actually, if people want to know something about me, they just need to ask, I'm open for almost any questions.

I already made some suggestions regarding the profiles, but let's see if something will actually happen.

Lemme put it this way, here are four members W,X,Y and Z who is a mod of a section. He hates W and X and Y are his friends. He is asked for a suitable moderator and because of his feud with W he say X and Y are great candidates. Either way one of his friends gets the position whether that was his goal or not and also deprives W of the chance to become a moderator who could have done a good job. Don't tell me that won't happen and the mods are going to be professional. An application thread will allow members to list why they deserve the job without the biased views of certain mods but YCMaker views depending on who has earned it and who deserves it.

Lemme put it this way' date=' here are four members W,X,Y and Z who is a mod of a section. He hates W and X and Y are his friends. He is asked for a suitable moderator and because of his feud with W he say X and Y are great candidates. Either way one of his friends gets the position whether that was his goal or not and also deprives W of the chance to become a moderator who could have done a good job. Don't tell me that won't happen and the mods are going to be professional. An application thread will allow members to list why they deserve the job without the biased views of certain mods but YCMaker views depending on who has earned it and who deserves it.

[/quote']

I dont mean to call you an idiot, but..

Your an idiot dude.

YCMaker pre-checks everyone before he/she is promoted. -.-

And since he does, and allows a person to become a mod, you have no room to say that said person isnt a good mod.

Lemme put it this way' date=' here are four members W,X,Y and Z who is a mod of a section. He hates W and X and Y are his friends. He is asked for a suitable moderator and because of his feud with W he say X and Y are great candidates. Either way one of his friends gets the position whether that was his goal or not and also deprives W of the chance to become a moderator who could have done a good job. Don't tell me that won't happen and the mods are going to be professional. An application thread will allow members to list why they deserve the job without the biased views of certain mods but YCMaker views depending on who has earned it and who deserves it.

[/quote']

I dont mean to call you an idiot, but..

Your an idiot dude.

YCMaker pre-checks everyone before he/she is promoted. -.-

OH NOEZ!!! I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT =O

And since he does, and allows a person to become a mod, you have no room to say that said person isnt a good mod.

Point is some members WON'T get the opportunity to become mods because another candidate was named unfairly. It's not that the person got promotion when he didn't deserve it but someone deserved it MORE then them but a dumb mod chose someone else taking the chance away from that member. Another example which is straight to the fact unlike your examples.

Member W,X,Y and Z who is a mod names only X and Y to YCMaker when W deserves more but due to biased views doesn't get nominated. YCMaker will most likely chose X or Y who will obviously be unaware of member W's qualifications because he's hardly on meaning that member W won't get it but someone else will. Get it?

Plus I have every single right to say a certain mod is horrible, after all it's MY biased opinion right?

Altair, it's so obvious that you're on about Sushi that it isn't even funny.

I know for a FACT that Sushi suggested Blood Rose and Hioco (lolwut?) because "I know them, they're my friends and I think they'll do good."

I know that for a fact because he told me over MSN when I asked him how FP was selecting Mods.

Altair has a completely fair point and it is 100%, regardless of assumptions or anything else.

[/quote']

Agreed and see above comment.

I'm not jabroniing about it, I just don't want to have more power obsessed fools like Sushi. This is common in SOOOOOOOO many forums I just wanna make sure it doesn't happen here and everyone deserving the job gets a fair shot at this and only the one who deserves the job gets it not the one with the most recommendations from mods who are biased.

Cyber Altair its not like whoever is suggested gets selected as mod, like has been said the whole group have to agree on it. Don't take you being bitter out on the process of mods being suggested and promoted, it won't help you get to be a mod now will it.

Now lets draw a line under that argument. No forum will ever just promote someone because 1 person suggested them, they have to be deemed capable enough of fufilling the role to a high standard.

Cyber Altair its not like whoever is suggested gets selected as mod' date=' like has been said the whole group have to agree on it. Don't take you being bitter out on the process of mods being suggested and promoted, it won't help you get to be a mod now will it.

Now lets draw a line under that argument. No forum will ever just promote someone because 1 person suggested them, they have to be deemed capable enough of fufilling the role to a high standard.

[/quote']

I thought the mod team would have gotten some better comments for the "STFU we don't make mistakes". You seem to miss the point that the mod of one section is supposed to know who's suitable to help him, if he names certain members the mod team will just look at HIS suggestion that means the mod teams saying can go to hell because either way they'll chose someone suggested by that mod. Now this is a horrible method and unless you prove my argument wrong I suggest you stop talking about how great you think you are for being a mod. If your system was actually good glasstin would have been a Super for crying out load.

kthnxbye =)

It seems that the mods are still going for the "lol i r mod i haz powahz ova u" method and I'm starting to get sick of it. I returned to this forum temporarily and decided to stay once I saw that Dj was trying to turn the forum back to it's old state. We're not going to get anywhere if the Moderators don't change their attitudes.

Mods should be Members first and Moderators second.

It seems that the mods are still going for the "lol i r mod i haz powahz ova u" method and I'm starting to get sick of it. I returned to this forum temporarily and decided to stay once I saw that Dj was trying to turn the forum back to it's old state. We're not going to get anywhere if the Moderators don't change their attitudes.

I'll agree with that quote. Even though they have mod powers it's only to ensure the forum run safely not act like wanna-be dictators who think their powers over a couple of sections makes them better then anyone else.

No this is not true. I have always seen myself as a member first and foremost and for me, the mod position is a responsibility which got added, not an excuse to consider myself as superior. I can assure you that many of the mods have this mentality, thus these "the mods are like this or that" statements are generalizations.

Just for the record, the person who suggested me as the first one is far away from the General section and one can't really say that I'm popular lol.:lol:

In Blood Rose's case, maybe she got suggested by Sushi at first, HOWEVER he also proposed other members and if the other mods wouldn't have agreed to pick her out of those people because they think she can do it, she wouldn't be here.

This however is not the main point. The main problem is simply that this is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not going to point at those people, but certain members aren't even able to express an opinion without flaming and insulting people (and yes, this doesn't only count for the regular members). Everyone is entitled to speak his/her mind, but please keep it civil or else I will have to put an end to this.=/

I'm gunna let Altair take this one and say that this part:

' date=' but certain membes aren't even able to express an opinion without flaming and insulting people[/quote']

is so obviously directed at Altair and I that it isn't even funny.

And I'd like to comment on this bit:

Everyone is entitled to speak his/her mind' date=' but please keep it civil or else I will have to put an end to this.=/ [/quote']

Lolwut? Care to explain how, little miss resident b&hamma?

Read again, as I said this was NOT ONLY directed towards the regular members. You don't need to call someone an idiot just because he doesn't share your opinion.

This thread is supposed to be about suggestions and thoughts about the site, but I love how most of the topics in General turn into a flame hole.=/

Also, how could you even have a proof that I banned many people, aside from duplicate accounts.:P

wow Faint and I are a two man jabroniing army =P

I'll agree with that quote. Even though they have mod powers it's only to ensure the forum run safely not act like wanna-be dictators who think their powers over a couple of sections makes them better then anyone else.

No this is not true. I have always seen myself as a member first and foremost and for me' date=' the mod position is a responsibility which got added, not an excuse to consider myself as superior.

[b']We got that part after the 5th time you stated so >.>[/b]

I can assure you that many of the mods have this mentality, thus these "the mods are like this or that" statements are generalizations.

Not all, and 1 corrupt mod hurts the image of the whole team A LOT. Fix that and get more mature mods pl0x.

Just for the record, the person who suggested me as the first one is far away from the General section and one can't really say that I'm popular lol.:lol:

Just don't deny the fact that the section moderator does have the better saying after all he's in charge of that section not the others.

In Blood Rose's case, maybe she got suggested by Sushi at first, HOWEVER he also proposed other members and if the other mods wouldn't have agreed to pick her out of those people because they think she can do it, she wouldn't be here.

But I doubt amongst those were the ones whom he hated, please name me one member he hated whom he added on that list, tell you what don't bother I know what the answer is already.

This however is not the main point. The main problem is simply that this is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm not going to point at those people, but certain members aren't even able to express an opinion without flaming and insulting people (and yes, this doesn't only count for the regular members). Everyone is entitled to speak his/her mind, but please keep it civil or else I will have to put an end to this.=/

Please tell me of a debate which doesn't involve flaming. It's a goddamn neccesaty for flaming to be a part of it but that doesn't mean every time an argument starts we lock the threads because arguments WILL occur be it be on Draco should be unbanned or not or whether the weather is great. You just have to keep these arguments going until they naturally stop or members will just shift to another thread. Just stop locking too many threads just for the sake of "suppressing" arguments cause it just makes things worse.

Thoughts =/= Flaming.

Think about it. There's a reason I said it.

In that case' date=' you don't remember what YOU said.:P Stop feeling attacked by everything I say.:(

I think this is just pathetic that you can't stand for yourself, but you need to gather other people in order to feel strong.

What about a minimum of individualism please?>.> I know you can do better.

Also, there is a difference between having a heated discussion and insulting people.

But anyway, this has turned into a thread about some people only and I'm going to rest my case. Let's listen to the suggestions other members want to make, too, as we are here for that.

I think this is just pathetic that you can't stand for yourself' date=' but you need to gather other people in order to feel strong.

[b']Oh no the horror, I have a friend who shares the same common goal with me. How could I forget that have him to aid me in achieving our goals is now considered an act of weakness.[/b]

What about a minimum of individualism please?>.> I know you can do better.

I can, but I don't want to be direct.

Also, there is a difference between having a heated discussion and insulting people.

This IS a heated discussion, we haven't insulted anyone just criticized their actions. Is that considered insulting nowadays?

But anyway, this has turned into a thread about some people only and I'm going to rest my case. Let's listen to the suggestions other members want to make, too, as we are here for that.

What? so because we have gone into a 30-40 post discussion were now spamming and make this about us and our goals? Oh wait isn't that the purpose of this?

Archived