[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

Guest JoshIcy

Blame Faint for me posting and notifying me of this thread. But this opinion needs to be said' date=' and spoken in General, which IMO should be true of all forums.

What I am seeing is that the Moderators see themselves as above the other members. When if anything due to their responsibility, should in fact be below. Their job is to watch members and set rules according to them. Not according to their own convenience.

As such, my suggestion/discussion is this;

- All mods should consider themselves below other members, but at the same time on the same level as them. To this effect, they are always Members first and Moderators second. And each new rule or change, is to fit them. Not the amount of stress they may encounter.

[/quote']

Eh I'm not sure if THE moderators really see themselves in a higher position than the other members and if I do, please tell me so as well as when and where I acted like this.

The satisfaction of the members has always been my priority. If they ask for stricter rules, they get them, if they tell me that I became too harsh, I think about it and tone it down, if they want new events and activities, I think about something, etc. This does by far not mean that I accept and apply everything people tell me, but I am concerned with the needs and wishes of the members (although some of the comments I got recently were rather confusing and contradictory, so I’m not sure what I should believe anymore:?). Now that I think about it, if I could arrange everything according to my own likings, I would have shut down post count in Introductions a long time ago, added new sections to General, changed the overall layout of the section into a skin with a neon wiriting over a black background, etc.:P However, I can't do that, not only because I don't have the powers (fortunately), but none of the members would enjoy this.

On a sidenote, I thought about something related... Aren't some members considering themselves as awesome and better than anyone else on the site, too? Aren't they just as ego-struck as the mods you were talking about? Just wondering.=)

Whoa... Lol, Raven better formatting. Ya? Its like a wall of text >.<

And I have told you of all people time and time again. What you are doing for General is fantastic. You vent wasn't really needed, and you know you can talk to me about those kind of things on MSN -.-...

As for the mods that I may have mentioned discreetly (Dj and James seem to have taken the hint), is that. They are also supposed to be the role models. Cocky members is one thing, Cocky mods is another...

Strange balance I know D:

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've read what I havent, and I have re-read the posts that caught my attention.

The first being:

We dont need to replace J-Max a mod, we have plenty of CC Mods as, it is. Plus the supers.

The next:

Unbanning Silencer, no, he asked to be banned, he was banned. This isn't a bed and breakfast, were not here to do whatever you want to do.

The next:

Unbanning Draco, nothing personal, but no, we un-banned him once, gave him a set of rules, and broke them. That therefore deplinishes the trust re-established with unbanning him.

The next:

More mods for General. No, (in a half) We have supers, we have a General mod. Don't make more mods, simply spread the work around, do you see what im getting at?

The next:

Multi Media Forum, its a good idea, but not needed. Simply add another Sub-Forum for Media, and were set.

I think I have touched on everything, if I think of more, ill post them.

Dj knows what I'm talking about.

I might restart the campain to get a Multi-Media subforum in General.

People said campains would not work' date=' but i differ, restart or continue, if enough members are ralled it would increase its chance of happening.

DJ: What is it you would like me to change exactly?

Oh, i ment if we were to add an anime subsection, for you to change the description under the forum title.

I'd like to see more profile options' date=' such as profile songs, and possibly a space for profile pictures? It would be laods of fun, and make the place a bit more interesting.

[/quote']

Quite often, when you see a member post, you want to know about them, profiles are the way to do this, but the way its currently set out is not very informative, more options would be indeed good, but its not a largely important must, regarding getting the forum back on track.

1) Umbra is very skilled at Written Cards' date=' so I suppose he should be the Mod there.

2) Please turn off post count Introductions. It is an extremely easy way to gain post count, since people could just post "Welcome to YCM, don't spam." in every single thread.

3) AMV Contests should be allowed. Faint and Darth pointed out that copyright got in the way, but after talking with Blood Rose, I notice that my AMV Contest really shouldn't be locked. Technically, people could get this site for making cards. In a sense, making cards via the Card Maker violates as much copyright as do AMV's.

4) Rename "Card Contests" to simply "Contests". Card, GFX, Poke-Splicing, and - if allowed - AMV Contests are all contests, so Card Contests should just be renamed to that. However, since "Card" would no longer be in the name, it should become a Section under "Other".

5) Make seven stars available. Of course, since YCMaker is the Admin, he should have eight stars. Members with seven stars should be known as "Ultimate Members". Super Mods should also have seven stars, but normal Mods should have six stars. For normal members to gain seven stars, one must have achieved 10,000 Posts.

6) Replace J-Max. He's left, and although we have plenty of Custom Card Mods, we still need a Pop Culture Mod. I don't know who is worthy of the position, since I don't visit Custom Cards that often unless it's in Contests. I'll leave it up to you Mods and all Pop Culture lurkers to decide.

7) Deck Contest Sub-Section under Your Deck. Sure, only a few pop up in Your Deck, but you never know. worst-case scenario, Your Deck may become cluttered with Deck Contests, so you should make a Deck Contest Sub-Section before that happens.

That's all I have so far, but I think they are all good suggestions worth considering.

[/quote']

1) As a recent thread in general shows, written cards is hardly visited, and the spam there is an easy task for a general CC Mod, an actual Mod for Written is not needed, ever lol

2) Fully agreed, i would love to see Cobras face when his post count decreases by 75%...

3) Copyright should matter only to images for now, its DA and artists complaining, not anime makers.

4) Agreed, and one i want doing actually, as im trying to implement other style contests in it to keep that forum alive with all this permissioness now in motion.

5) More stars is not largely needed, but prefered. members with 10000 posts should be on 7, with YCMaker on 8.

6) If pop culture grows wild, we should appoint another.

7) Another one of my wishes.

I believe that ~Raven~ needs help moderating the "general" section.

Everyone has lives outside of the internet' date=' and I believe that the activity of both ~Raven~ and the super moderators are not quite enough to fully moderate the "general" section.

Seeing that it's one of the most busiest sections on this site, it wouldn't hurt to at least have a discussion on who are the most fitting candidates for the job, along with interviewing and training the candidate(s).

I mean, if you're not satisfied with the effort that has been put forth, you or any other member of the staff have the right to demote the selection(s).

Otherwise, ~Raven~ is doing an excellent job moderating her section, but again, a little help wouldn't hurt.

;']

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

As wierd as this sounds, and even though your nice an all, i couldnt help thinking this post is basically saying 'appoint me', 'appoint me', as we all know you have been after the job for ages.

I would also like to suggest some awards (no' date=' not the YCM awards) a bit like a milestone.

Example, if you have created 20 threads, you get the Bronze trophy for thread making. If you made 50, you get the Silver etc.

It would be a nice place for fame, a good decoration/achievement for your profile and just to feel good for yourself.

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

Marriland Forums, a very successful Forum for Pokemon, of which i used to Moderate For, used a Merit system, where members where awarded merits for achieving certain goals, such as making 50 threads, 100 threads, 1000 posts, 3000 posts, 3 months on the forum etc.etc.

It would be nice to see a similar implement.

Just so you all know' date=' there is a Store (and soon Bank) Plugin for MyBB, as well as an Awards Plugin. I hear one of MyBB's top coders is working on a new Profile alike IPB's and vB's too. MyBB is nice IF you don't have much money. I definitely believe that YCMaker has £100 for vB (or £166 if you want Blogs and Features Management too. :P).

Anyway, that's just so you know and so that we don't get the "lolmybbsuxtheydnthavetht" comments.

[/quote']

A store idea where we can actually use these useless points is a great idea, if thats what you were getting at.

Yeah

Also' date=' an Idea:

Why not make a Community Project Thread?

For: Will promote Community friendships, and community spirit. Wee need that.

Against: Might arise some stupid, pointless spam projects...

Good Idea?

[/quote']

I believe mitsu made one, it failed.

4) Rename "Card Contests" to simply "Contests". Card' date=' GFX, Poke-Splicing, and - if allowed - AMV Contests are all contests, so Card Contests should just be renamed to that. However, since "Card" would no longer be in the name, it should become a Section under "Other".

[b']I personally think it should stay there, as the majority of the contests would still be based on cards, but I agree with the name issue.[/b]

I guess you're right, but the name needs a change.

5) Make seven stars available. Of course' date=' since YCMaker is the Admin, he should have eight stars. Members with seven stars should be known as "Ultimate Members". Super Mods should also have seven stars, but normal Mods should have six stars. For normal members to gain seven stars, one must have achieved 10,000 Posts.

[b']Good idea! That way, even the very active members with bombastic post counts would still have something to strive for.[/b]

Well, I guess so, but I just felt that stars needed to change.

6) Replace J-Max. He's left' date=' and although we have plenty of Custom Card Mods, we still need a Pop Culture Mod. I don't know who is worthy of the position, since I don't visit Custom Cards that often unless it's in Contests. I'll leave it up to you Mods and all Pop Culture lurkers to decide.

[b']Do we really need a replacement? Don't we already have enough CC mods, with Yankeefan and hioco having been added?[/b]

Eh, I suppose you're right.

I would also like to suggest some awards (no' date=' not the YCM awards) a bit like a milestone.

Example, if you have created 20 threads, you get the Bronze trophy for thread making. If you made 50, you get the Silver etc.

It would be a nice place for fame, a good decoration/achievement for your profile and just to feel good for yourself.

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

Marriland Forums, a very successful Forum for Pokemon, of which i used to Moderate For, used a Merit system, where members where awarded merits for achieving certain goals, such as making 50 threads, 100 threads, 1000 posts, 3000 posts, 3 months on the forum etc.etc.

Eh, me getz praised

A rare moment indeed

p.s MARRILAND Forums?

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

Eh, me getz praised

A rare moment indeed

p.s MARRILAND Forums?

Pokemon Marriland= Home of a Pokemon Card Maker.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

Eh, me getz praised

A rare moment indeed

p.s MARRILAND Forums?

http://pokemon.marriland.com/

My gawd....

It urges me to join so badly......

Nah, I shouldn't....

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

...Wouldn't this just promote spamming...? Even if there is nothing special about the rewards?

Bad idea IMO >.>...

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

Eh, me getz praised

A rare moment indeed

p.s MARRILAND Forums?

Please edit your post.

As forum advertising isn't allowed here.

[/quote']

THIS, IS WHAT I WANT.

...Wouldn't this just promote spamming...? Even if there is nothing special about the rewards?

Bad idea IMO >.>...

Of course, the mods have to approve the threads, then there is a special button (ya only the mods can see) and when they press, *BAH* there is another official thread made in your profile.

I believe that ~Raven~ needs help moderating the "general" section.

Everyone has lives outside of the internet' date=' and I believe that the activity of both ~Raven~ and the super moderators are not quite enough to fully moderate the "general" section.

Seeing that it's one of the most busiest sections on this site, it wouldn't hurt to at least have a discussion on who are the most fitting candidates for the job, along with interviewing and training the candidate(s).

I mean, if you're not satisfied with the effort that has been put forth, you or any other member of the staff have the right to demote the selection(s).

Otherwise, ~Raven~ is doing an excellent job moderating her section, but again, a little help wouldn't hurt.

;']

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

As wierd as this sounds, and even though your nice an all, i couldnt help thinking this post is basically saying 'appoint me', 'appoint me', as we all know you have been after the job for ages.

:]]]

That's 'cause I would have a larger variety of things to contribute to this site if I was given that kind of authority.

:]]]

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

Unbanning Silencer' date=' no, he asked to be banned, he was banned. This isn't a bed and breakfast, were not here to do whatever you want to do.

[/quote']

Ow come on, don't tell me the forum is better without Silencer. The General section was at it's peaks excitement when Silencer, Krow, Willeh, Death Metal and I posted like hell. It was extremely active AND fun. After Silencers leave things weren't the same. You always need a girl to spice up the equation =\

Multi Media Forum' date=' its a good idea, but not needed. Simply add another Sub-Forum for Media, and were set.

[/quote']

No, that would cause a chaos. It will be more organized if we have a section for Music and a One for Movies and TV Shows alike and a third one for all kinds of games. They may not be Uber active as the General will be but they will be helpful and allow more activity and encourage more threads to arise.

Anyway if YCM didn't suck when it comes to GFX I would have organized a mass Tag-Wall =P

Btw did YCMaker just upgrade the spoiler code or it's just me?

Archived