[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a mod for the Roleplay section because I think we need one for that if there isn't already one.

You're right

That place is spammy' date=' uncivilzed and just....spammy?

[/quote']

Which is exactly why it needs a good, caring, Moderator. I'm not expert in Role-Playing but I have ran a few promotions of it myself (members of any of my old forums will know what I'm talking about) and they were extremely successful with no spam at all. Even I could do a better job with that section then what Umbra and Sushi are doing right now. Role-Playing needs a good Mod, like Meti or Roxas.

Unbanning Silencer' date=' no, he asked to be banned, he was banned. This isn't a bed and breakfast, were not here to do whatever you want to do.

[/quote']

Ow come on, don't tell me the forum is better without Silencer. The General section was at it's peaks excitement when Silencer, Krow, Willeh, Death Metal and I posted like hell. It was extremely active AND fun. After Silencers leave things weren't the same. You always need a girl to spice up the equation =\

Multi Media Forum' date=' its a good idea, but not needed. Simply add another Sub-Forum for Media, and were set.

[/quote']

No, that would cause a chaos. It will be more organized if we have a section for Music and a One for Movies and TV Shows alike and a third one for all kinds of games. They may not be Uber active as the General will be but they will be helpful and allow more activity and encourage more threads to arise.

But the likelyhood of us getting that much, is? Slim to none.

Anyway if YCM didn't suck when it comes to GFX I would have organized a mass Tag-Wall =P

Btw did YCMaker just upgrade the spoiler code or it's just me?

YCMaker both did and didn't upgrade the spoiler code. The creator of the Spoiler code updated his, and then YCMaker updated the Plugin. =/

Well, I also think we need a mod that is good at his/her job & still online anytime he/she can for Role Playing. Umbra & Sushi wern't enough, they aren't on as much as they need to.

We will need a great(or even legendary) member(s) that has(have) good rep, friends with many people(People's Favorite), & also a fun person who knows how to be silly(At the right time) & serious at the right time

We will need a great(or even legendary) member(s) that has(have) good rep' date=' friends with many people(People's Favorite), & also a fun person who knows how to be silly(At the right time) & serious at the right time

[/quote']

Post count doesn't validate a moderator status.

Reputation points don't validate a moderator status.

Friendliness don't validate a moderator status.

Oh my God, how could I have possibly missed this little dandy thread? Oh well, here are my opinions:

1. Allow any form of contests in the "Card Contest" forum, and change the name. Maybe that forum will become slightly more popular and serve a better purpose if had a broader topic.

2. Unown Metallic as a possible Moderator for the Graphic Design forum. He does fairly well there, and has moderator expirience, I trust he could do well as the mod there.

3. The Multimedia Forum be added under the Other Section. It is about time that random junk, be seperated from other topics that could have their own section.

4. A new moderator for the General Forum would come in handy. Raven is a fine moderator, and I am aware that the Super Mods help mod that section as well, but they shouldn't have to.

side notes:

- I know this won't be implemented, but I strongly believe that this site will run a bit better if there were more moderators. 6 for the Custom Card section, 4 for the Graphic Design Section, 3 for the Other Section, and 5 for the Yu-Gi-Oh Section.

- You should create that new rank, after 10,000 posts, even though that might make me feel quite unsatisfactory due to not reaching that goal.

- Inactive moderators should seriously be replaced.

- Umbra seems like a really good moderator. Maybe you should think of making him a Super Mod.

- This might not get implemented either, but Falling PIzza should be made an administrator, since he practically is one anyway, doing YCMaker's jobs when he isn't.

Thank you

Is there a mod for the Roleplay section because I think we need one for that if there isn't already one.

You're right

That place is spammy' date=' uncivilzed and just....spammy?

[/quote']

Which is exactly why it needs a good, caring, Moderator. I'm not expert in Role-Playing but I have ran a few promotions of it myself (members of any of my old forums will know what I'm talking about) and they were extremely successful with no spam at all. Even I could do a better job with that section then what Umbra and Sushi are doing right now. Role-Playing needs a good Mod, like Meti or Roxas.

Um...wow. Thanks for suggesting me, and although I think Roleplay needs more Mods, I'm not active in as many RP's as I should. Plus, to be an RP Mod requires Modding Fanfics. Roleplay Mods should be active in most RP's. With people Roleplaying with the Mod, this should lead the a more organized Roleplay. Of course, this should not take away the fun of Roleplay. Mods and normal members should be on the same level here.

If I would Mod anything, it would be Anime. Of course, it's not very active, so Blood Rose should be fine by herself. I would like to Mod TCG, but...well, I'll leave that part up to Crab Helmet.

Oh my God' date=' how could I have possibly missed this little dandy thread? Oh well, here are my opinions:

1. Allow any form of contests in the "Card Contest" forum, and change the name. Maybe that forum will become slightly more popular and serve a better purpose if had a broader topic.

[b']No, Card Making is the only thing people would make contests for =\[/b]

2. Unown Metallic as a possible Moderator for the Graphic Design forum. He does fairly well there, and has moderator expirience, I trust he could do well as the mod there.

idk =P

3. The Multimedia Forum be added under the Other Section. It is about time that random junk, be seperated from other topics that could have their own section.

No, a new section beneath the Under Section called the Multimedia Section is better since it will look better.[/b]

4. A new moderator for the General Forum would come in handy. Raven is a fine moderator, and I am aware that the Super Mods help mod that section as well, but they shouldn't have to.

Agreed

side notes:

- I know this won't be implemented, but I strongly believe that this site will run a bit better if there were more moderators. 6 for the Custom Card section, 4 for the Graphic Design Section, 3 for the Other Section, and 5 for the Yu-Gi-Oh Section.

Agreed on all occasions except the last one, The Yu-Gi-Oh section is one of the least active unless you count the TCG section. It's currently enought but a mod to help Salty would be great =P

- You should create that new rank, after 10,000 posts, even though that might make me feel quite unsatisfactory due to not reaching that goal.

Hell Ya

- Inactive moderators should seriously be replaced.

100% Agreed

- Umbra seems like a really good moderator. Maybe you should think of making him a Super Mod.

Debatable =\ won't get into that

- This might not get implemented either, but Falling PIzza should be made an administrator, since he practically is one anyway, doing YCMaker's jobs when he isn't.

Could care less really =P

Thank you

YCMaker's concern with the media subforum is that we already have 3 subforums' date=' so a 4th would be a little bit overwhelming, and might not leave much to be discussed in the regular general forum.

[/quote']

It needs a new section under the "Other" section, General hardly has Multimedia Talks due to the General belief that the General section is only for stuff in you life and random talk. The Multimedia section would promote more threads about Music, Games and Movies which will also Increase the activity and communication between the members in general.

Isn't General basically a Media Section in itself?

No, it's to whine about life, talk about random stuff and all that. I hardly see any Multimedia threads so the General Section won't have an activity drop besides this will increase activity.

Why has this turned from forum improvement suggestions to mainly replacing/adding more mods?

I don't know, it always happens like this.=/

I like God Cyber's idea about a community project, though and I already have something in mind. It won't be about cardmaking, after previous projects didn't work out so well, or graphics, since there aren't that many graphics artists on the site.

Why has this turned from forum improvement suggestions to mainly replacing/adding more mods?

I don't know' date=' it always happens like this.=/

I like God Cyber's idea about a community project, though and I already have something in mind. It won't be about cardmaking, after previous projects didn't work out so well, or graphics, since there aren't that many graphics artists on the site.

[/quote']

pm me your idea =)

we can work on it together =D

- You should create that new rank' date=' after 10,000 posts, even though that might make me feel quite unsatisfactory due to not reaching that goal.

[/quote']

I think that was originally my idea.

This rule, should happen most of all. After reaching that goal, which only 3 have, is truly a honor. But you shouldn't just make short spammy posts in only one line or under 10 letters or numbers. Games is the only exception, but I think post count shouldn't count there because some people might make short posts(Believe me, i've even tried that) just to get higher post count

[align=center]

*Takes Deep Breath*

-Graphic.Design.Section.Suggestions-

Graphic Competitions

Graphic Design has, to be quite honest, become such an important section at this board. And with it, Graphic Battles have

increased quite a lot. I believe a "Graphic Competitions" Section, should be added in the GFX Category. That way,

we can seperate all the contests occurring in the Showcase Forum. Changing "Card Contests" to just plain Contests,

is a bad idea, it is "Custom Cards" afterall. Make a contests section in GFX, or even a sub-forum in showcase.

Users Portfolios

Although it is not needed, a "User Portfolios Section" would be a nice addition. Every member is allowed one thread (Reviewed

by a Moderator First) to post all of their GFX creations. Basically a Gallery for each member. Best as a Sub-Section in Showcase.

Tutorials & Resources

The tutorials section in GFX pretty much only gives tuts on sigs, pixel art, and what not. I think, posting resources such

as Stock Images, Renders, C4Ds, etc. should be encouraged, and in turn, renaming the section Tutorials & Resources.

-Multi.Media.Section.Suggestion-

Entertainment / Multi-Media Section

Like all the previous members have suggested, we need a Multi-Media section. What I believe, instead of making a

sub-forum under General, or making a new forum under "Other", why not make a whole new category. In the

categories just make seperate Main Forums for "Music" , "Movies" , "Television" (<- Sub-Forum For Other Animes)

, "Video Games" , "Sports" , & Maybe "Online Discussions". It would call for a lot more cleanliness to the General Section.

-General.Suggestions-

General?

What the General Section pretty much is, is a place to talk about feelings, or real life events, and what not (Not

including other media threads, which need a multi-media section). Why not change it to "Real World Discussions"?

Forum Events

If anything, general is the place to hold these types of things. Raven's outdid herself with the Member Awards =3

Introductions

Simple. Turn off post Count.

Leaving Return Thread

I don't believe this thread really represents exactly what its supposed to. Why not create

an entire new forum under introductions for members to post, that they are either leaving

for good, or just a short period of time. It makes more people aware, of when someones

leaving by checking a thread, rather than an entire thread full of others farewells.

I have more, but there not coming out right now Lol

[/align]

[align=center]

*Takes Deep Breath*

Graphic Competitions

Graphic Design has' date=' to be quite honest, become such an important section at this board. And with it, Graphic Battles have

increased quite a lot. I believe a "[i']Graphic Competitions[/i]" Section, should be added in the GFX Category. That way,

we can seperate all the contests occurring in the Showcase Forum. Changing "Card Contests" to just plain Contests,

is a bad idea, it is "Custom Cards" afterall. Make a contests section in GFX, or even a sub-forum in showcase.

Users Portfolios

Although it is not needed, a "User Portfolios Section" would be a nice addition. Every member is allowed one thread (Reviewed

by a Moderator First) to post all of their GFX creations. Basically a Gallery for each member. Best as a Sub-Section in Showcase.

Tutorials & Resources

The tutorials section in GFX pretty much only gives tuts on sigs, pixel art, and what not. I think, posting resources such

as Stock Images, Renders, C4Ds, etc. should be encouraged, and in turn, renaming the section Tutorials & Resources.

Like all the previous members have suggested, we need a Multi-Media section. What I believe, instead of making a

sub-forum under General, or making a new forum under "Other", why not make a whole new category. In the

categories just make seperate Main Forums for "Music" , "Movies" , "Television" (<- Sub-Forum For Other Animes)

, "Video Games" , "Sports" , & Maybe "Online Discussions". It would call for a lot more cleanliness to the General Section.

-General.Suggestions-

General?

What the General Section pretty much is, is a place to talk about feelings, or real life events, and what not (Not

including other media threads, which need a multi-media section). Why not change it to "Real World Discussions"?

Forum Events

If anything, general is the place to hold these types of things. Raven's outdid herself with the Member Awards =3

Introductions

Leaving Return Thread

I don't believe this thread really represents exactly what its supposed to. Why not create

an entire new forum under introductions for members to post, that they are either leaving

for good, or just a short period of time. It makes more people aware, of when someones

leaving by checking a thread, rather than an entire thread full of others farewells.

[/align]

Im agreed on all them

[align=center]

*Takes Deep Breath*

Graphic Competitions

Graphic Design has' date=' to be quite honest, become such an important section at this board. And with it, Graphic Battles have

increased quite a lot. I believe a "[i']Graphic Competitions[/i]" Section, should be added in the GFX Category. That way,

No, no one is good enough to rate properly >.<

Users Portfolios

No, it'll end as a place filled with novice tags rendering it useless.

Tutorials & Resources

Agreed

Sports does not fall into Multimedia. Music, Movies & TV and Video Games section are the only ones needed. Just change the Anime section into All Anime talk section and add it to the Multimedia Section. The yugioh anime is horrible and doesn't really deserve a section for itself =\

-General.Suggestions-

General?

lol no, it's fine this way =P What if I want to talk about Rick-Roll or something related to the internet? It goes in GENERAL not REAL WORLD DISCUSSIONS.

Forum Events

Agreed =P

Introductions

yup.

Leaving Return Thread

I agree =]

[/align]

Raven is doing a fantastic job as a moderator, but I think Raven still needs help. As much as I would love to be a moderator, I think the job belongs to glasstin10. I think glasstin10, because he is a very fair and generous member. The only problem would be he'd never give any warnings :lol:, but seriously, I think glasstin10 would be a major help with Raven. Or even another section. I think glasstin10 would do great in General along with Raven. Glasstin10 is a miracle, and we are lucky to have him as a member, and YCM should take advantage of this miracle, and let glasstin10 become a moderator.

Archived