[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

This thread ruins the point of a whole section (Questions' date=' Comments & Suggestions).

So I don't even know why it's here in the first place.

[/quote']

Actually I've been asking myself the question as well, good point.:lol:

I suppose it was made to gather all the possible suggestions and comments into one thread?:o

But anyway, I've already stated my opinion about the suggestions made so far.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am no moderator' date=' but I'm sure the report box gets pretty full, right? Well, I've noticed that in locked threads it still says "Report". Maybe you should get rid of it, to prevent n00bs from reporting locked threads and filling up the report box with nonsense.

[/quote']I don't really think noobs would be THAT stupid to do that. But that is a good idea.

In fact, there should just be an auto-lock system when there's flaming or swearing.

Lol. Yeah. That would cut down spam from:

Person 1: You son of a witch!

Person 2: No, you son of a witch!

Person 1: Yeah, well go ship your face!

Person 3(Moderator): ~Locked~ due to spamming and flaming.

See, if there was an auto lock system when person 1 said "You son a a witch", it would have prevented useless posts from person 1, 2, and 3.

This thread ruins the point of a whole section (Questions' date=' Comments & Suggestions).

So I don't even know why it's here in the first place.

[/quote']

Maybe because the section go way too full? We could just shut it down and use this thread instead.

Can we please make other suggestions aside from Mods?

Thread = more cluttered then a forum. >_>

Use some common sense please.

Post-count in the intro section has been removed.

Thanks. :)

• Administrators

After reconsidering, I've decided to re-institute post count in introductions. It provides a welcoming environment for incoming members, and there might be a lack of motivation for members to post in intros if those posts don't count towards their total. The fact that it contributes to post count really is not a problem unless you place a high emphasis on post count, which we as a community do not. There may be some individuals who think post count is relevant, but that is not something that is sponsored by the site; if that is their motivation for welcoming a new member to the site, then so be it.

I apologize for being so quick to institute the rule. It seems like "such a simple thing", but the indirect effects are important to consider.

After reconsidering' date=' I've decided to re-institute post count in introductions. It provides for a welcoming environment for incoming members, and there might be a lack of motivation for members to post in there if their posts don't count. The fact that it contributes to post count really is not a problem unless you place a high emphasis on post count, which we as a community do not do. There may be some individuals who think post count is relevant, but that is not something that is sponsored by the site.

I apologize for being so quick to institute the rule. It seems like "such a simple thing", but the indirect effects are important to consider.

[/quote']

Aw.

Oh well.

We respect your decision.

:]

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

That's a fair point Falling, but I disagree on your choice to not remove post count in Introductions. Many (if not all) members of the site consider post count to be of high regard (carried along with the "Ranks") and therefore are not happy with the members who post "Welcome" in every post.

I think that if we are to have Post Count turned on in Introductions, you should instate a rule that PC has, which is: "You may not use the same sentence for every person you invite, or "copypasta" introductions as I believe it is called. Your introduction post must be unique to the member you are inviting, otherwise it doesn't make thems seem individual, but merely part of a group of new members."

Your thoughts?

Exactly! Abolish Club Post Count!

~Raven~' date=' if you're reading this, I would support. Think about it, you're job will be much more easier.

[/quote']

Getting rid of the post count in Clubs would only cause more spam in other sections.

Either remove post count from the entire site, or leave it all exactly as it is now.

Exactly! Abolish Club Post Count!

~Raven~' date=' if you're reading this, I would support. Think about it, you're job will be much more easier.

[/quote']

Getting rid of the post count in Clubs would only cause more spam in other sections.

Either remove post count from the entire site, or leave it all exactly as it is now.

Exactly, it isn't spam filled but it's a bit spamy but all forums are amiright?

Archived