[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raven is doing a fantastic job as a moderator' date=' but I think Raven still needs help. As much as I would love to be a moderator, I think the job belongs to glasstin10. I think glasstin10, because he is a very fair and generous member. The only problem would be he'd never give any warnings :lol:, but seriously, I think glasstin10 would be a major help with Raven. Or even another section. I think glasstin10 would do great in General along with Raven. Glasstin10 is a miracle, and we are lucky to have him as a member, and YCM should take advantage of this miracle, and let glasstin10 become a moderator.

[/quote']You see, I think he is too kind to be a mod. J-Max was just on the line, but glasstin's like a bro.

If he could be a bit more 'serious', way to go.

[align=center]

*Takes Deep Breath*

-Graphic.Design.Section.Suggestions-

Graphic Competitions

Graphic Design has' date=' to be quite honest, become such an important section at this board. And with it, Graphic Battles have

increased quite a lot. I believe a "[i']Graphic Competitions[/i]" Section, should be added in the GFX Category. That way,

we can seperate all the contests occurring in the Showcase Forum. Changing "Card Contests" to just plain Contests,

is a bad idea, it is "Custom Cards" afterall. Make a contests section in GFX, or even a sub-forum in showcase.

Users Portfolios

Although it is not needed, a "User Portfolios Section" would be a nice addition. Every member is allowed one thread (Reviewed

by a Moderator First) to post all of their GFX creations. Basically a Gallery for each member. Best as a Sub-Section in Showcase.

Tutorials & Resources

The tutorials section in GFX pretty much only gives tuts on sigs, pixel art, and what not. I think, posting resources such

as Stock Images, Renders, C4Ds, etc. should be encouraged, and in turn, renaming the section Tutorials & Resources.

-Multi.Media.Section.Suggestion-

Entertainment / Multi-Media Section

Like all the previous members have suggested, we need a Multi-Media section. What I believe, instead of making a

sub-forum under General, or making a new forum under "Other", why not make a whole new category. In the

categories just make seperate Main Forums for "Music" , "Movies" , "Television" (<- Sub-Forum For Other Animes)

, "Video Games" , "Sports" , & Maybe "Online Discussions". It would call for a lot more cleanliness to the General Section.

-General.Suggestions-

General?

What the General Section pretty much is, is a place to talk about feelings, or real life events, and what not (Not

including other media threads, which need a multi-media section). Why not change it to "Real World Discussions"?

Forum Events

If anything, general is the place to hold these types of things. Raven's outdid herself with the Member Awards =3

Introductions

Simple. Turn off post Count.

Leaving Return Thread

I don't believe this thread really represents exactly what its supposed to. Why not create

an entire new forum under introductions for members to post, that they are either leaving

for good, or just a short period of time. It makes more people aware, of when someones

leaving by checking a thread, rather than an entire thread full of others farewells.

I have more, but there not coming out right now Lol

[/align]

I also agree with al lof this.

[align=center]

-Multi.Media.Section.Suggestion-

Entertainment / Multi-Media Section

Like all the previous members have suggested' date=' we need a Multi-Media section. What I believe, instead of making a

sub-forum under General, or making a new forum under "Other", why not make a whole new category. In the

categories just make seperate Main Forums for "Music" , "Movies" , "Television" (<- Sub-Forum For Other Animes)

, "Video Games" , "Sports" , & Maybe "Online Discussions". It would call for a lot more cleanliness to the General Section.

[b']-General.Suggestions-[/b]

[Leaving Return Thread

I don't believe this thread really represents exactly what its supposed to. Why not create

an entire new forum under introductions for members to post, that they are either leaving

for good, or just a short period of time. It makes more people aware, of when someones

leaving by checking a thread, rather than an entire thread full of others farewells.

[/align]

These two are the only ones I disagree with.

Well, I disagree with the "Other Anime" Sub-Section, that's what the Anime Section is for. Clearly .:「Unown」 Metallic:. doesn't know that.

As for the Leaving/Returning idea, it's not all that good. People would clutter it if that idea was implemented, and then we would actually need a Mod for Introductions to ensure things don't get out of hand. Of course, there would hopefully be no Post Count by then, but still.

I think their should be a new Mod Application Thread. This will show who wants to be a Mod, who deserves to be a Mod, who actually will fulfill their duties as a Mod, and who will not abuse their power if they receive it.

I love how most of the topics here turn out into a discussion about becoming a mod.;)

I think we should have maybe sub forums to the showcase section.

Like have an other section to post like video game's' date=' cards, ect.

Then have one for boosters.

Have one for tag's,and banners.

[/quote']

Do many people make boosters here? I haven't had that feeling so far.

Meh in my opinion, Showcase is alright as it is right now.

Mod application failz miserably' date=' as YCMaker lurks,, watching the forums and deciding who deserves to be a mod. If he thinks someone should be a mod, he PM's them or something. If they agree, they get the modship.

[/quote']

Not exactly like that, but good try.^_^

In fact, I believe we need a replacement for J-Max for now, but that's not up to me to decide.

Pokefreak we don't need a subsection in showcase, it works well as it is. Do agree with the special subsection under Graphics for Contests and Battles.

Anime could do with subsections since its getting cluttered with Anime Card Discussions, then again there aren't a huge number of animes discussed.

Well' date=' I disagree with the "Other Anime" Sub-Section, that's what the Anime Section is for. Clearly .:「Unown」 Metallic:. doesn't know that.

As for the Leaving/Returning idea, it's not all that good. People would [i']clutter[/i] it if that idea was implemented, and then we would actually need a Mod for Introductions to ensure things don't get out of hand. Of course, there would hopefully be no Post Count by then, but still.

I think their should be a new Mod Application Thread. This will show who wants to be a Mod, who deserves to be a Mod, who actually will fulfill their duties as a Mod, and who will not abuse their power if they receive it.

Don't insult Ruby's intelligence. The Anime forum is to discuss Yugioh Anime, hence why it is under "Yugioh".

And yes it is very good. The thread gets overused and cluttered. Having a sub-section for it like SAW's "Leaving Kiosk" would make much more sense. There would be no post count there as well as Introductions should of course be implemented.

And yes, there should be a new Mod Application thread. I know from sources in the Mod Team that the Moderator's suggested some people to be Mods in the Mod Forum, then Falling Pizza has a look at them, then asked YCMaker if he agreed. If YCMaker agreed, the Falling Pizza would send them a PM asking if they wanted to be a Mod, if they replied with yes, they got the job.

Well' date=' I disagree with the "Other Anime" Sub-Section, that's what the Anime Section is for. Clearly .:「Unown」 Metallic:. doesn't know that.

As for the Leaving/Returning idea, it's not all that good. People would [i']clutter[/i] it if that idea was implemented, and then we would actually need a Mod for Introductions to ensure things don't get out of hand. Of course, there would hopefully be no Post Count by then, but still.

Don't insult Ruby's intelligence. The Anime forum is to discuss Yugioh Anime, hence why it is under "Yugioh".

Except that it isn't only to discuss Yugioh Anime, as understandable if you visit the forum itself. However, I support a move.

And yes it is very good. The thread gets overused and cluttered. Having a sub-section for it like SAW's "Leaving Kiosk" would make much more sense. There would be no post count there as well as Introductions should of course be implemented.

And yes, there should be a new Mod Application thread. I know from sources in the Mod Team that the Moderator's suggested some people to be Mods in the Mod Forum, then Falling Pizza has a look at them, then asked YCMaker if he agreed. If YCMaker agreed, the Falling Pizza would send them a PM asking if they wanted to be a Mod, if they replied with yes, they got the job.

In comparison to moderator selections, an Application thread is clearly not worth the trouble. Last time one was held, how much did we get from it? One moderator, out of about two hundred applications. 0,5%.

In comparison to moderator selections' date=' an Application thread is clearly not worth the trouble. Last time one was held, how much did we get from it? One moderator, out of about two hundred applications. 0,5%.

[/quote']

I thought we got three or four at that point. That was when I was made a mod, and I think a couple of others were added from the same thread (Dj or Slime, maybe?)

• Administrators

The problem with the mod application system was that there so many members who applied who were not being seriously considered for a position. I think it would be more suitable for someone on the mod team to PM a member to fill out an application of they are being considered. This would cut down on the clutter and allow us to get more information on potential candidates (if we need it).

The problem with the mod application system was that there so many members who applied who were not being seriously considered for a position. I think it would be more suitable for someone on the mod team to PM a member to fill out an application of they are being considered. This would cut down on the clutter and allow us to get more information on potential candidates (if we need it).

I agree, but I think we only need a few mods right now.

[align=center]Bassically, most of the ideas are a summary of the 10.14.08 list. (Many ideas should be rehearsed tough)

I agree most of it.

Anyways, I'll quote it, and many people will disagree in some issues, but some parts are agreed by most YCMers.

Note: I did not made it, I helped (I think..?), and many people contributed to make that list, even if it was for a malevolouse (spellcheck? :|) purpose, I still agree in most.

I'll post in bolded what I agree and disagree, and some neutral comments.

Mod Related Issues:

Tea.Leaf reinstated (I am neutral on this. She did a good job' date=' but her attitudes weren't the best.[/b']), Icyblue for CC (I would agree, but I think CC is taken care correctly, and I wouldn't like a close friend to be a mod, it takes too much time, and people change with that :?.), Xemnas for RPG/FF (Dissagreed, as I've seen, there isn't a lot to mod at RP/FF sections, and Umbra does pretty good job), Pika and Pudding for Decks/TCG (Neutral, don't go to those sections), Kaze to former group. (Agreed. Nothing much to say.) Fire current moderators as needed, preserve Crab. (Disagreed, too... dastric?)

The moderators on YCM today are lacking. Most of them have turned into sterotypical corrupt jerks. Not only that, but we are also in need of new moderators to crack down on the things that matter. Custom Cards is a mess (That is true, but there is like 1 thread made every minute in CC. We can't get 10 mods for whole CC. Most of those members don't need to been taken care with warnings, because they post, and never return), RPG and FF don't really have enough enforcement on standards causing them to become overflowing with spam posts. (Half Neutral, don't go to those sections a lot, but when I RP, I see a lot of God Mod players, that need to be banned from the RP section for atleast a week...) Not to mention there are some members who are very deserving of moderator status, despite their constant lack of recognition. (Agreed, but not every distinguished member can become a mod, since there are as many members that deserve mod status, as the whole mod team. There should be a type of status for members like this tough, for them to have any type of recognition from the administrative team.)

Mods abusing powers and Mods going too far.

Moderators have been abusing their powers and going too far for far too long. Something needs to be done, and now. Not a promise to do something, something actually has to happen. Moderators have to be restricted to their specific sections for warning people and banning members who contribute so positively to the forum (even if they were pushing the limits) is highly detrimental to the well-being of the site. This needs to stop and reasoning needs to be implemented. (I don't really agree a lot. I don't see abusing alot, but I keep hearing a lot of members complaining about unfair warnings.)

Mods should use proper grammar/caps.

Moderators are supposed to reflect the best image possible for the site, and as such they should use proper grammar and capitalization. Obviously this includes spelling. (This issue doesn't really needs to be seen. Mods use good grammar, but not perfect. They postings are understandable, and not such bad grammar as a 10 year old. They understand the member posts, and members understand what they write, wich happens to be good, because they can comunicate.)

Regular updates on mod discussion and Official newsletter maintained by staff in addition to acknowledgement of suggestions. The members are often left in the dark about the discussions of the moderators, always being told that actions are being taken and things will get better. Things haven't gotten better and little positive action has been taken. Mods should post about what's being talked about in a newsletter at least once a week, and it should be mailed to all members who have the administrative email setting turned on. Additionally, it happens far too often that suggestions are ignored and topics regarding them die out, never to be seen again. This allows the mods and admins to get by without having to do anything while the members become disheartened, which is wrong. (I kinda agree in this. We should know what the mods are thinking to do. We should think of their ideals, and maybe they can make a poll to ask us what we think? Shouldn't be a newsteller, but like each month, FP posts a thread of a suggestion to the forum, and we, members, vote in a poll for it.)

Staff should tell us about themselves in a thread in News (pictures required for YCMaker and FP) so they're not just ominous shadows.

Most of the staff reveal little about themselves and it's kind of hard for them to seem friendly to us. They should tell us a little about themselves and YCMaker and FP should post pictures of themselves, seeing as how they run the site and do SO MUCH (allegedly) for it. (Denied, we members know other members, and if they become mods, they should be outstanding members we already know.)

Bans and Mod Actions:

No deleting threads, ever. Edit the content and lock if needed, but post count should be preserved and members should know of past events.

Deleting threads reduces post count for usually at least three members, and that's not cool. In addition, most threads that are deleted contain information of past events that members should be able to view at their leisure. Deleting threads is a sign of cowardice and fear. (Neutral, I don't really care.)

Less random banning (bans without justification), Unban Silencer, Unban Draco, Krow, and Willieh (Krow and Willieh are already banned. Draco I am going to say nay, he had a chance, but I am going neutral, since I wasn't really here to judge that. Silencer could get a second chance tough. He was a nice guy v_v)

Members are constantly banned without good justification or reason, usually based on bias and personal grudges. This needs to stop and more professional standards need to be accepted. Also, the listed high contributors to the forum need to be unbanned due to lack of justification for their bans. "No Draco discussion ever" is a ridiculous rule. Draco did not spam excessively, nor was he warned in advance about spamming, nor were his reps given “abusing” the system. This is, frankly, a bull move by the mods with grudges, as was the banning of Willieh and Krow. (Meh... I have never saw a ''random'' ban. I wasn't here for Draco's banning, so I can't tell.)

“Kazemaru (God Kaze) says:

Well the mods were against you and insisted that for the better of the forum, you have to be made a scapegoat.” <- This is wrong.

Section Related:

No-count spam section (No. I just don't seem to like the idea. 300 members spamming that section per hour? NO.), Media section (within Other) (Already posted. I agree. And I'd nominate Icyblue (altough it'd hurt me inside) to mod it., GFX Contests Section and GFX Resource Section (combined with Tutorials). (Yes. GFX Contest Subforum under Showcase, and Resource Section under Tutorials)

These sections would each bring about less spam and more organization.

Staff for new sections / Features management

Given.

VIP forum

5000 posts is quite a lot, and getting only an email for it isn't really that great. There are quite a few members on YCM that deserve higher recognition than just a usergroup for their post count. There should be a VIP forum made exclusively for moderators and Respected members chosen by moderators and peers. This also shouldn’t be limited to those with 5000 posts. This will allow a greater sense of competition to be formed, create a reward for being active other than "star" status, and overall make things a little more rewarding for our dedicated members. The current VIPs may vote to add one VIP per two weeks. (I agree. I say people with 5000 posts join the forum. Then each one with 5000 posts can invite 1 member, that needs to be approved by the mods. If one member is acting spamish in there, he is just removed from VIP group. This would make members act more mature and intelligent, to get in that forum.)

No post count for intros

The introductions section is full of spam. Nothing else needs to be said.(Yes. ''Welcome to YCM'' in every thread in there gives you a lot of posts.)

Only image credits in CC

Requiring credit for everything used in images outside of custom cards is blasphemy, it happens nowhere else and isn't needed. It is a given that all work is copyrighted by its creator. (Old, nothing to be said. No artist permission, but need to credit.)

Global Changes:

No sig character limit, but size limits enforced by mods. (Nay, its fine as it is.)

Having a limit on the number of characters in a sig is just stupid. Image codes are usually ridiculously long, meaning other space that could be well-used is lost. Size should be restricted however. If a member's sig is too large, a mod can PM them. If they don't change it within 48 hours, the mod can warn them a given amount and remove the entire sig.

Higher post count to give reps, More reps per day (Agreed, the thing YCMaker ''made'' that just 2 starred people and up could give reps, isn't working, 1 post people +rep anyone for: ''He told me hi1!1!eleven!''. I say that 3 starred can give 1 rep per day, 4 starred 2 reps per day, 5 starred 4 reps per day, and finnally 6 starred, 5 reps per day. VIPs could give also 6 reps, and if the 7 stars is applied to the forums, they can give 7 also.)

New members tend to give out spammy reps. Increasing the rep requirement to 500 posts should fix this. That being said, one should be able to give out more per day because the limit is raised.

New Skins

The plain old Yugioh one has gotten old. Either spice it up or add some more. There are tons out there, so there shouldn't be any excuses regarding this. (Tottaly agreed, isn't too hard to get new skins.)

Card maker updates (dots, built in holos, better rarity clarity, ability to remember the upload links for saved cards) (Agreed 100%. Also Dark Synchros, and maybe you can have custom card tabs for sets. And if its too complicated, 3 tabs for different classes: Monster, Spell, and Trap cards.)

This is pretty obvious. Members have requested it a lot. If YCMaker is working on this, then surely he can make an update thread.

COPPA

YCM is required to comply with this as YCMaker lives in the USA and there are USA residents. This would also cut down on spam considerably.

Hiding card trade but making posts count again

Removing post count of older members is ridiculous. If you want to be done with it just set it to invisible and turn its count back on. (Neutral, I don't really care.)

All links (age appropriate) allowed, but if it's too big and advertising a mod can PM you and tell you to tone it down.

It seems to us that all links have the same effect in sigs. The internal ads are usually worse than the external ones. All links should be allowed (age appropriate), but with the conditions that if a member's ad is not fitting, a mod can PM them. If they don't change it within 48 hours, the mod can warn them a given amount and remove link and all other content posted towards said link, unless the member has not been online within that time period. (Agreed. Nothing much to say.)

10 word post minimum

Less spam and encourages more thought-out and contributing posts. Shouldn't apply to Games for obv. reasons. (Well, whatabout 25 characters? We can't measure words.)

One thread only for less significant and well known subjects, and seperate threads for things like Pokemon. (fewer pokepolls)

With stuff like Pokemon, there should be core discussion threads discussing / voting on important / common elements of the game, like "Favourite Pokemon", "What is your team?", etc. There should be a limit of 1 other topic per day, and a general discussion thread for things that do not deserve their own thread. (Agreed, there are many ''Whoshe duh beast of thiz dewds?'' polls lately :P. There should be something to measure them)

Now, other kinds of issues I would like to see:

-In other forums, you can make 1 rep have a value of 2 or even 3 reps. That'd cut down the members from repping the same guy three times in a row.

-7 stars for 10,000 posts. Already suggested.

-The descriptions for the Anime, Fan-Fic, and RP Section are ''just for yugioh'' but the members and mods make nowadays of any appropiate subject.

-I don't remember if it was listed below, but RP section and Intros are very, VERY repetitive sections and its very easy to get posts from there without good reasoning.

-Falling Pizza, we all know you have Administrator powers. Just promote yourself.

-I don't want to bring the whole SXR topic in here, but SXR profiles are very neat, we can add our favorite song and all. The ussual profiles are getting dull, and it might cut the ''Song of The Day!'' in the sigs.

FP, if you read all this post, I'd be very glad that you notify me, so I make sure I did just not wasted my time writing this :D.

Note: Open critisism is allowed. I did not meant to be rude to anyone. So I am sorry if by any odd reason I happened to sound to be rude. I am not 100% correct, because I am not perfect, so I'd like all of you to comment on this, and state your cons and pros with this ideals.

[/align]

[align=left]

Thanks,

Frlf[/align]

The Name Change Guru :: Maybe reduce the wait time. Say I typed a name, but I wanted a different name, it would take forever, to wait 3 months rather than only waiting a month :-]

I just came with an idea, that will not work. But let's give it a try:

There shall be a subforum, where you make threads about your personal experience in YCM. It would be fun to read, get to know each other more, and just to let out some emotion. To make the spams less, we can just lock it, and place a link in our profile.

I just find it quite interesting when a YCMer is bored

I am no moderator, but I'm sure the report box gets pretty full, right? Well, I've noticed that in locked threads it still says "Report". Maybe you should get rid of it, to prevent n00bs from reporting locked threads and filling up the report box with nonsense.

Your post lacks your justification as to why the Multimedia idea is a bad one.

Most of the mods are prejudiced and might chose members based on their personal opinion. After all this isn't their forum, if this dies due to horrible moderation theirs always another forum right? I can think of a couple of mods who got this job because of the biased judgment of an undeserving mod.

I am no moderator' date=' but I'm sure the report box gets pretty full, right? Well, I've noticed that in locked threads it still says "Report". Maybe you should get rid of it, to prevent n00bs from reporting locked threads and filling up the report box with nonsense.

[/quote']I don't really think noobs would be THAT stupid to do that. But that is a good idea.

In fact, there should just be an auto-lock system when there's flaming or swearing.

Archived