[YCMaker Forums Discussion] - Your Ideas, Suggestions + General Thoughts!

Junk Raver

Eh. I do not like the idea' date=' due to how massive Anime can become.

Playing with that is like sandpaper and a matchstick next to origami paper...

[/quote']

Would Anime come under Media or such?, a section people have asked for before, within general. A section to tie in Anime, video games, Movies and Tv etc would stop the same old clutter within general, polls and the 'others' in anime.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

[/quote']

Would Anime come under Media or such?, a section people have asked for before, within general. A section to tie in Anime, video games, Movies and Tv etc would stop the same old clutter within general, polls and the 'others' in anime.

Now that would make sense. But not a section of its own.

@Ninja Steve: Irrelevant. If you were to type in "YUGIOH TCG" etc into Search Engines, this site does not show up for quite some time.

[/quote']

Now that would make sense. But not a section of its own.

@Ninja Steve: Irrelevant. If you were to type in "YUGIOH TCG" etc into Search Engines, this site does not show up for quite some time.

Relevent, people would only find this site iif you search "yugioh"

• Administrators

Icyblue: The purpose of the moderator training is to get moderators in shape quickly, so that they can get right to doing their duties. We select moderators based on their potential to be able to moderate effectively, so there can be a learning period that is somewhat long in order for them to acclimate to the nuances and rules of being a moderator. If they have a "mentor", that would speed up the process and cut down on the amount of newcomer-mistakes.

DJ: What is it you would like me to change exactly?

Guest JoshIcy

Icyblue: The purpose of the moderator training is to get moderators in shape quickly' date=' so that they can get right to doing their duties. We select moderators based on their potential to be able to moderate effectively, so there can be a learning period that is somewhat long. If they have a "mentor", that would speed up the process and cut down on the amount of newcomer-mistakes.

[/quote']

I was looking at the General Mindset not Possible.

Forgive me on that.

Off-topic:

Oh' date=' and you can lock threads in 2 ways, the Lock thread button which leads to a confirm button, or the post-and-lock button, 1 button or 2, basically its speed, its twice as quick to post and lock then it is to confirm and lock, if your in a rush, lazy or cant generally be bothered, post-and-lock is better.

[/quote']

Actually, I find that selecting the "Open/Close Thread" option is a lot faster than typing up anything in response and using the post and lock option. Probably personal taste :P

On-topic:

I don't really have any suggestions that haven't already been mentioned ;)

Icyblue: The purpose of the moderator training is to get moderators in shape quickly' date=' so that they can get right to doing their duties. We select moderators based on their potential to be able to moderate effectively, so there can be a learning period that is somewhat long in order for them to acclimate to the nuances and rules of being a moderator. If they have a "mentor", that would speed up the process and cut down on the amount of newcomer-mistakes.

DJ: What is it you would like me to change exactly?

[/quote']

I think Dj was referring to the section "Yugioh" not entirely being about Yugioh.

And then he went on to explain how we wanted a Media subfourm in General. ;)

Or at least, that's what I got out of it. We'll have to wait and see. :P

I think we should make another way to gain points other than posting and donating.

Maybe like voting in a poll?

I also think mods should show respect to to other members.

When I say respect I'm saying listen to what others have to say and not just calling them a"noob" and then locking that topic.

I know you mods are trying to do your job, but that doesn't mean you have to act like your the president.

As a pround member of YCM I think everyone should have a freedom of speech!

1) Umbra is very skilled at Written Cards, so I suppose he should be the Mod there.

2) Please turn off post count Introductions. It is an extremely easy way to gain post count, since people could just post "Welcome to YCM, don't spam." in every single thread.

3) AMV Contests should be allowed. Faint and Darth pointed out that copyright got in the way, but after talking with Blood Rose, I notice that my AMV Contest really shouldn't be locked. Technically, people could get this site for making cards. In a sense, making cards via the Card Maker violates as much copyright as do AMV's.

4) Rename "Card Contests" to simply "Contests". Card, GFX, Poke-Splicing, and - if allowed - AMV Contests are all contests, so Card Contests should just be renamed to that. However, since "Card" would no longer be in the name, it should become a Section under "Other".

5) Make seven stars available. Of course, since YCMaker is the Admin, he should have eight stars. Members with seven stars should be known as "Ultimate Members". Super Mods should also have seven stars, but normal Mods should have six stars. For normal members to gain seven stars, one must have achieved 10,000 Posts.

6) Replace J-Max. He's left, and although we have plenty of Custom Card Mods, we still need a Pop Culture Mod. I don't know who is worthy of the position, since I don't visit Custom Cards that often unless it's in Contests. I'll leave it up to you Mods and all Pop Culture lurkers to decide.

7) Deck Contest Sub-Section under Your Deck. Sure, only a few pop up in Your Deck, but you never know. worst-case scenario, Your Deck may become cluttered with Deck Contests, so you should make a Deck Contest Sub-Section before that happens.

That's all I have so far, but I think they are all good suggestions worth considering.

1) Umbra is very skilled at Written Cards' date=' so I suppose he should be the Mod there.

2) Please turn off post count Introductions. It is an extremely easy way to gain post count, since people could just post "Welcome to YCM, don't spam." in every single thread.

3) AMV Contests should be allowed. Faint and Darth pointed out that copyright got in the way, but after talking with Blood Rose, I notice that my AMV Contest really shouldn't be locked. Technically, people could get this site for making cards. In a sense, making cards via the Card Maker violates as much copyright as do AMV's.

4) Rename "Card Contests" to simply "Contests". Card, GFX, Poke-Splicing, and - if allowed - AMV Contests are all contests, so Card Contests should just be renamed to that. However, since "Card" would no longer be in the name, it should become a Section under "Other".

5) Make seven stars available. Of course, since YCMaker is the Admin, he should have eight stars. Members with seven stars should be known as "Ultimate Members". Super Mods should also have seven stars, but normal Mods should have six stars. For normal members to gain seven stars, one must have achieved 10,000 Posts.

6) [b']Replace J-Max. He's left, and although we have plenty of Custom Card Mods, we still need a Pop Culture Mod. I don't know who is worthy of the position, since I don't visit Custom Cards that often unless it's in Contests. I'll leave it up to you Mods and all Pop Culture lurkers to decide.[/b]

7) Deck Contest Sub-Section under Your Deck. Sure, only a few pop up in Your Deck, but you never know. worst-case scenario, Your Deck may become cluttered with Deck Contests, so you should make a Deck Contest Sub-Section before that happens.

That's all I have so far, but I think they are all good suggestions worth considering.

I think SaTuRnPaLaDiN would do a good job in Pop Culture...

1) Umbra is very skilled at Written Cards' date=' so I suppose he should be the Mod there.

6) [b']Replace J-Max. He's left, and although we have plenty of Custom Card Mods, we still need a Pop Culture Mod. I don't know who is worthy of the position, since I don't visit Custom Cards that often unless it's in Contests. I'll leave it up to you Mods and all Pop Culture lurkers to decide.[/b]

I think SaTuRnPaLaDiN would do a good job in Pop Culture...

Saturn doesn't come on much, but I'll ask him.

Ban Attachments. That was my final goal before leaving. Also the Mod Training Program sounds very good, kind of like School or a Shoulder to relax on when learning the Ropes. Oh and 1 more thing, I totally agree with you Dj, I do admit I was a little Power Hungry at first but settled down fast, I was told repeatedly "Remember that you are a Member as well" Just my 2 Cents on this Convo.

PS: Falling, pretty please add me to the Former Mods List before I go :P lol Ciao Peeps.

I believe that ~Raven~ needs help moderating the "general" section.

Everyone has lives outside of the internet, and I believe that the activity of both ~Raven~ and the super moderators are not quite enough to fully moderate the "general" section.

Seeing that it's one of the most busiest sections on this site, it wouldn't hurt to at least have a discussion on who are the most fitting candidates for the job, along with interviewing and training the candidate(s).

I mean, if you're not satisfied with the effort that has been put forth, you or any other member of the staff have the right to demote the selection(s).

Otherwise, ~Raven~ is doing an excellent job moderating her section, but again, a little help wouldn't hurt.

;]

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

^ True that.

I also have another Suggestion.

Perhaps when you join the Site, there should be something that shows you the Rules BEFORE you join, letting Members know what to do. Basically like when you join, it says "Click Here To Read the Rules. You cannot go further until you do" or something like that. :D

I am here to fully Support this Thread, no matter what ^_^

Yoshi's gonna be chillin' here for a While ;)

The Member who will never Leave,

Yoshi. :D

Guest JoshIcy

Umm... Lazer Yoshi. I am going to have to challenge your opinion on this one.

Do you know the mindset of a person joining a website, given the typical age group this site aims for? 7-13years of age. Not much above, though we do get a nice basket of those as well. As any site would.

So, keeping that in mind. One has to wonder the actual effectiveness of that suggestion, because even if you do the member may just click forward (similar to the Terms of Agreement). And not read it at all, which completely voids that idea since you do not actually have to pay attention at all. Which would make it a complete waste of time.

Instead what most people do, is jump ahead to the section that appears to suit what they came here for and learn their way. While there, some may skim the rules, read a few threads for an idea or simply jump to posting. Each has its own benefits, but none can guarantee that the member will in fact read the rules given. I myself never formally read the rules until around April or so (whenever it was that Browarod became a moderator). This says, that rules are more like guidelines that can be taught as they progress.

This also helps separate the n00bs, newbies, and members with common sense.

You idea does not work =/...

Everyone has lives outside of the internet' date=' and I believe that the activity of both ~Raven~ and the super moderators are not quite enough to fully moderate the "general" section.

Seeing that it's one of the most busiest sections on this site, it wouldn't hurt to at least have a discussion on who are the most fitting candidates for the job, along with interviewing and training the candidate(s).

I mean, if you're not satisfied with the effort that has been put forth, you or any other member of the staff have the right to demote the selection(s).

Otherwise, ~Raven~ is doing an excellent job moderating her section, but again, a little help wouldn't hurt.

;']

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

Oh yes, I forgot to add something.

When you discuss the candidate(s) you have selected, I would advise you to keep at least a small portion of the discussion public, so that the members will gradually be informed of your decisions. :]

Oh, and Draco/Matt wanted me to post this:

Tell Falling Pizza and whoever else is interested to go to 4chanarchive.org and sign up for the free Gold account. Once the have it' date=' they need to log in and go to the "Unreviewed Threads" section. From there they'll see a thread called "I'M THE REAL DRACO STRAYBYRN!". I would like them to take note that /b/ is a place of falsehood and fiction. Only a fool would take anything there as fact. You should also take the shoutbox screenshot from the first post of the funeral and link to it with a profanity warning.

[/quote']

Yeah...

This was just a favor ; I'm not his servant or anything...

Although, I do respect him, because in my point of view, he is a very responsible and mature person that can handle the responsibilities of being a member at YCM again.

:]

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

More mods from 12am-6am is vital (yes Azuh, u iz smart)

I would also like to suggest some awards (no, not the YCM awards) a bit like a milestone.

Example, if you have created 20 threads, you get the Bronze trophy for thread making. If you made 50, you get the Silver etc.

It would be a nice place for fame, a good decoration/achievement for your profile and just to feel good for yourself.

Everyone has lives outside of the internet' date=' and I believe that the activity of both ~Raven~ and the super moderators are not quite enough to fully moderate the "general" section.

;']

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

I agree with glasstin, not only that but I believe HE is the best candidate out there. He is the kind of person who I would mind controlling me since he knows what he does and what he doesn't and always admits his mistakes. It's really hard to find someone like that. Also the statistics show that the General is a really close second in activity following CC section which has 7 dedicated mods, if you count hioco (lolwut), while the General Section only has one who might not really be able to take care of all the spam and rule breaking around here. The ability of Raven's moderating skills are not doubted but her alone could get a difficult job and end in some kind of burnout or inefficiency.

Also one more thing, the number of images in the sig. It wouldn't hurt if the limit was increased to like 5 or 6. The images can be small or even smileys so restricting the whole thing to just 3 images is not only unjust and dumb but pointless. If the size limit was efficiently executed then the sig can remain in a good size while giving members more flexibility. As you saw the charc. size increased by a double to 800 characters and yet the no. of huge sigs hasn't increased and if we can find a way to implement the size limit with co-operation of the members the situation can be controlled.

Anyway the warning system isn't really good, if you see the way it works in other forums you'd see how inefficient it is. A good way to improve it is strict implementation and slackness towards certain offenses. When a member posts in the wrong section you'll have 5-7 members posting crap like "oh wrong section" and "no wai this will be locked or moved". Since the member might not know of his mistake which is natural only the first member on the thread may post such a message and report this for a mod otherwise the others should post in regard to the thread and wait till it's moved instead of spamming. Not only should this be implemented in the case of threads that are in the wrong place but also for threads that ask a question that have already been answered. I have seen a lot of questions get answered then some fools come and say stuff like "yes he's right that's the answer" or some other nonsense that is unnecessary. In such cases warnings should be given. Permanent warnings should be given more often as long as a member can ask for them to be removed once he or she has improved or stopped doing the certain offense and a certain time limit has passed.

These are my 2 cents for now =P

oh and btw unban Silencer =3

I don't think we should unban Silencer. After all, he DID ask to go, & I don't know for how long.

Some people ask to go, but some just get banned for certain reasons(Warning to 100%, Too Much Spamming, e.t.c.)

Well, I think there should be a "Banned List" to say who's banned & for how much longer or if it's forever.

Also a "Away List" to say who's away & for how much longer or if it's forever.

There are many candidates, but I know i'm not one

That was MY two cents

Archived