Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

You'd be better off just trying to get good at battling before worrying about shinys, a shiny will come along by chance you can't force it. Hell it's supposed to be a 1/8128 chance so there's no way you'll find one when you're looking for one. I've played on my Pearl for 700+ hours and I've maxed out the time on emerald and so far I've found one legitimate shiny, one... and even then it was a crappy Mighteyna.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare you... how dare you... HOW!!... *cough* Mamoswine has one of the most powerful Earthquakes in the game, backed up by a STAB Ice Shard, makes Mamoswine an impressive physical attacker. It's also the only Ice-type to avoid taking damage from Sandstorm with neutrality to Stealth Rock and Stone Edge, which counts for something. Once you get it in (which admitadely can be hard), its brutal attack power means your opponent will have to predict perfectly to avoid taking a lot of damage, especially from the Choice Band set.

Actually just using an AR doesn't make the Pokemon any less legit than it would if you caught it where you were supposed to, it's all about chance and you've got the same amount of chance to catch a good one as you do if you were to get it in the normal way, same as breading a charmander is to getting the one from Oak. I just meant using the AR to make the Raquaza turn up but use the grass thing to increase the chance of it being shiny.

Using an AR is fine because it just saves time for the stuff you could easily do, it just takes longer. However, using it to get perfect IVs, which you would not normally be able to do, lables them with the name f@g, I would just use "cheat" but f@g is the correct word in that situation.

Noa sit your @$$ down!! (lulz I thiefed it, better or worse than Ragnarok?)

Lol, props on the Mamoswine love Felix. I was thinking of bringing him into my battle with you a while back, but decided to use Articuno instead. =p Had I known what your party consisted of beforehand, I woulda picked Mamoswine.

Also, Clair, not everyone who's good uses it. xD I've TRADED for AR pokemon, but I've never used one myself. Yup, all my EV training is done by hand. ^^ Though having the Pokerus virus makes things easier - I always keep at least six of them with the virus in my boxes, so that I can reproduce it at my leasure; *thank goodness it freezes while in the box*

@Joacoby: Just because you're firend has AR pokemon doesn't make him good. =/ You can have hacked pokemon and still be a noob.

Archived