Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer: No idea.

I'm gonna keep out of Battle Frontier' date=' unless the items are really good to get. Atleast Platinum won't be as stingy as XD on TMs...(you can't even get dig ffs)

[/quote']

lulz, yeah you can, you can get every single TM in D/P, in one way or another. The fact that you want Dig surprises me though. EQ is 20* better so why even bother with Dig? It's not as powerfull as EQ and it takes longer to use, lame.

Also don't be chicken about the Battle Fronteir, if you're really chicken about using your own Pokes just try the Battle Factory. That's the one I'm really looking forward to, it'll be great for using random Pokes I've never even thought about using before. Sweeper, Mixed Attacker, Defender; that's the main set up for any three Pokemonz team.

Felix I need it in XD for Gligar, no point having it learn Earthquake, since Earthquake hurts everything in XD and Colo except the Caster and Flying/Levitators. And Gligar is the only non-effected Pokemon in my team. So I'd kick myself in the teeth, and plus with Shadow Half, self damage is not a good idea. (Shadow Half - Lowers all Pokemon's HP by 50% 1 turn, Recharge 2nd turn)

They should find a way to put the shadow moves into the games, that way there could be more ???? moves in the game except Curse, they sound insanely powerfull so their might be restrictions but I still think they'd be cool.

Why Gligar though? It's terrible.

It was one of my lets decided to add it, then I saw how bad the moves were. Luckily it doesn't do much damage so along with Breloom can get the Shadow Pokemon nicely, I'm ditching it for Shadow Salamence in the Battle with Master Greevil (as well as Shadow Lugia) dependent on if I catch Salamence first time, and how many I missed before it.

Shadow Moves are evil sometimes, namely Shadow Half atleast it means if you can hack it you might be able to get the Shadow easier. Master Greevil makes you really work for your snags, I have to go in 2 or more times to get all 7 of his Shadow Pokemon.

Catman, it only sucks if your opponent isn't playing it. I've noticed alot of games are biased against the player in terms of Pokemon Battles, for example if both you and your opponent are paralyzed, you'll feel it alot more than your opponent, same with confusion.

Felix from what I've heard its Stadium for the Wii.

I finally started Pokemon Yellow again =D. High EXP requirements for Level 19s is depressing me though. (I remember by 79000 needing Hariyama (to get to Lv 92) in LG....the rest of the team was about 50000)

Well if you're both gonna go Lv 100 its a waste of a move anyway. (Appears to work better if the user is the higher level, hence no Lv 50 Rhydon out of 10 attempts has Ko'd a single one of my Lv 70+s on DP)

That is a pretty good question though. Sorry I can't help.

One thing I was wondering. I'm starting to build a Pokemon team including Nidoking. Is Horn Drill allowed? Or has it been forbidden from competitive play. I always liked the Low % Instant kill moves.

OHKO moves are generally banned in competitive play but if you're using it in game/Battle Tower that's fine.

I'm debating finding a rom for Pokemon Yellow =D.

Yellow was kinda' crappy. Since they removed most of the lulz-worthy glitches in it..

Lol Arm' date=' that would be evil to face.

[/quote']

Lol, You think? Add to it, You give that moveset to a Mewtwo

KING OF CHEAPIES LIVES AGAIN!

One thing I was wondering. I'm starting to build a Pokemon team including Nidoking

NIDOKING FTW!

I always liked the Low % Instant kill moves.

Who doesnt?

GUYS! DISCUSS THIS FOR A MINUTE:

Articuno is the ONLY Legendary Pokemon that can OTK

Articuno sucks plus there's Groudon and Kyogre who both have OHKO moves (for Pokemonz it's OHKO and Yugioh it's OTK, let's keep it that way). They are both faster than Articuno and they hit harder. Articuno is slow and easy pray for Stealth Rocks and any other move you decide to throw at it. The only kind of team that it can go in is a hail team but even then there's better choices.

Also J-Max, if for some reason you are going competitive please let me help you, plus you should make Nidoking a mixed attacker. Using the slightly weaker attacking stat of a Pokemon can kill more using deception than the stronger stat can by being blunt and obvious. This is what we call Surprise tactics, for exmple a Physical Togekiss or Special Electivire. Sides Nidoking isn't so hit if you don't do that. His Atk stat isn't awesomely high so the Special set will hit better if you surprise them. However a better option to all of this is to scrap Nidoking and use something better like Swampert, who's bulkier and can also attack on both ends of the spectrum, plus he's good at laying out Rocks.

Few that was long (sorry for any errors).

Articuno sucks plus there's Groudon and Kyogre who both have OHKO moves (for Pokemonz it's OHKO and Yugioh it's OTK' date=' let's keep it that way). They are both faster than Articuno and they hit harder. Articuno is slow and easy pray for Stealth Rocks and any other move you decide to throw at it. The only kind of team that it can go in is a hail team but even then there's better choices.

[/quote']

Yea, Its true that Groudon and Kyogre have Fissure/Sheer Cold / Solorbeam/Thunder

But Articuno has Mind Reader :O

...Which sucks, If a weak/slow thing like Articuno uses Mind Reader then Sheer Cold, then your opponent has 1-2 moves to kill it with a SE hit. Also I edited so you might wanna do the same thing. Oh Solarbeam sucks on Groudon, even if you get the one turn Beam there's much better options for a Special move on him.

...Which sucks' date=' If a weak/slow thing like Articuno uses Mind Reader then Sheer Cold, then your opponent has 1-2 moves to kill it with a SE hit. Also I edited so you might wanna do the same thing. Oh Solarbeam sucks on Groudon, even if you get the one turn Beam there's much better options for a Special move on him.

[/quote']Exsacly thats what i think too i used to have a groudob like that but its overrated. What special moves would you put on groudon.

Physical you mean. Yeah Groudon's a Physical Pokemon but in Ubers most people make him a support Pokemon because of his bulk. However seeeing as how his SpA and Special move pool isn't poor why not add a move like Fire Blast that gets a 1.5* power boost because of Sunny Day.

Articuno is too slow to make effective use of Mind Reader and Sheer Cold, bottom line. It will either be killed before launching Sheer Cold, or the opponent will simply switch out, thus making the Mind Reading pointless.

As Felix said, it's only useful as a Support Pokemon in a Hail team (with moves like Reflect, Heal Bell, etc.)

Archived