Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

Guest Chaos Pudding

Let's see if anyone here has competitive experience.

Please rate and/or fix the following team.

The Pearl (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

Messes up opposing SRers like no other. Taunt to SR is common, as is SR to *insert attack here*. Also, does a fair amount of damage, too.

The Arrow (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Technician

EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd/220 SDef

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch

- Swords Dance

- Pursuit

- X-Scissor

Standard. Pursuit to catch my opponent trying to switch into their counter. If I could find a Plat damage calculator, then I can see if my SDef is worth it or not.

The Looking Glass (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

- Knock Off

My Spinner. Knock Off because it's sexy.

The Staff (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Wish

- Protect

- Toxic

- Flamethrower

I ran WishBliss before WishBliss was cool. Toxic helps me outstall most other stallers. Has problems with bulky (or any, for that matter) Heatran.

The Swan (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 148 HP/204 Def/28 Spd/128 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Dragon Pulse

- Recover

- Reflect

Pretty much my Special Sweeper, if you can even consider it one. All I know is that it's a ***** to kill.

The Flame (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/168 Def

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Will-o-wisp

- Thunderbolt

- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spinblocker. Overheat to deal with Scizor. Thunderbolt because the extra Para chance with Discharge has me worried that it will interfere with WoW. HP Fighting because it's sexy.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well frakin' duh, wadaya think we've been talking about.

First Aero as lead is instant win, I don't use him myself but I'm thinking about training one. Fastes SR in Standard and fastes Taunt user make a great lead.

Scizor with Technician/Bullet Punch/Life Orb/STAB/SD, nothing more need be said.

Knock Off I find a waste on Donphan. I think Stone Edge is the better option. I realise it's not much more than a spinner/Dragon killer but much better coverage allows it to stay in on more Pokemon.

Nice WishBliss, legit or not?

Don't know much about Latias but Latios is also OU now (or at least I think it is) so you might want to go for him. If you're going for Bulk keep Latias but Latios hits harder and moves faster.

Rotom H is always cool, no wonder it's the common Spin blocker on Shoddy. However you've skipped some EVs on it.

I have no edits to give you because I'm not so good at edits and as near as I can tell you have no weaknesses to particular Pokes. Flame or Zexaeon would probably give good advice.

Don't know much about Latias but Latios is also OU now (or at least I think it is) so you might want to go for him. If you're going for Bulk keep Latias but Latios hits harder and moves faster.

Os is being tested to see if he should follow his sis. ATM Os is at the end of the test.

For the team, it is sold. The one thing I have to say to change is to put Stone Edge on Donphan.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hey Pud' date=' you're really good... HAA!! it ryhmes.... However luck that's worse than Flames balances things out.

[/quote']

3 Parahax in a row ruined it for me.

I'm pretty sure three para hax in a row *twice* would ruin it for anyone. I can't remeber exactly but was the Salamence sweep at the ned legitamate or did I get lucky. I Subbed hoping for para hax and going for berry to try and KO but I can't remeber what I got.

Hey i have been counting down and theres 13 days left till the us relessce of platnum what pokemon will you pick as starter since i already choose infernabe in diamond i think i may as well ileminate him from my choises but with him gone I might pick Empolion what do you think of a empoilion and inferape tag team. But also raised right a Torteera could be usefull to a team what do you think i should chosse?

Esscuse my spelling im in school and im tring to type fast here. :lol:

By the way this might be in the wrong section this might be considered a club and i dont want this place to be locked!!!

The competitive starters that are win are Empoleon, Swampert and Infernape, all the others aren't so hot even though Sceptile and Zard are both fun when you use them well.

Also if anyone has D/P Wi-Fi go ahead and join the tournament in my sig.

By the way this might be in the wrong section this might be considered a club and i dont want this place to be locked!!!

Dude' date=' the mod for the section made this thread. I'm almost certain he won't lock it. It's hard to tell though since he is a little out their.

(I still don't know how he got to be mod in the first place)

The competitive starters that are win are Empoleon, Swampert and Infernape, all the others aren't so hot even though Sceptile and Zard are both fun when you use them well.

Also if anyone has D/P Wi-Fi go ahead and join the tournament in my sig.

Blaziken can also work in OU if you want something that no one really uses.

Don't know what starter I'm going to pick. i could go into a long winded reason why, I did but deleted it, but no one would care and I'm having trouble following my own head.

Also, a funny note, I always view myself as picking the Fire starter side from my 1 play though of Diamond, but now that I thought about it I normally change what starter I pick, In Red I picked the water one, game got deleted because I wanted to mess around with the fire one. In Ruby I pick the water one because I already picked the fire one. In Leaf Green I picked grass because, again, I already picked fire, and because it was leaf green.

I also find it ironic that I only fell in love with Charizard because of a fluke chance that my first Red save got deleted.

Manaphy is being be tested over on Shoddy to see if it should come down off ubers. So what do you think of this possible move?

Also Latios's test is over and now he is being voted on to see how, and if, he should move. Again, what do you think will happen.

I think Manaphy could come down off ubers. The main problem I know of that had it move to uber in the first place was that Rest + Rain = 1 turn max recover. Granted I don't know much about why Manaphy got banned I can't think much of a reason to keep it in uber since their are many whys to take down Manaphy.

I also think Latios could come down off ubers. While it could be a devastating pokemon it really isn't much worse then Salamence without it's Soul Dew. Also again I didn't see what Latios was doing during it's one month test, so these are all just assumptions.

Manaphy is broken when Rain is introduced but without a 100% reliable method such as Jyogre's Drizzle to set it off it might not be that hard to deal with but when it's got Tail Glow behind it you'll still find it hard to kill due to its ability to absorb hits and hit hard at the same time.

Latios should be Uber and let's pray to god it stays that way. Without SoulDew your still looking at a faster bulkier harder hitting SpecsMence. Add 40 extra SPE and SpA and you can see the problem. Plus add a few EVs to Hp and it's going to be bulkier than Mence as well and still faster.

Manaphy is broken when Rain is introduced but without a 100% reliable method such as Jyogre's Drizzle to set it off it might not be that hard to deal with but when it's got Tail Glow behind it you'll still find it hard to kill due to its ability to absorb hits and hit hard at the same time.

Latios should be Uber and let's pray to god it stays that way. Without SoulDew your still looking at a faster bulkier harder hitting SpecsMence. Add 40 extra SPE and SpA and you can see the problem. Plus add a few EVs to Hp and it's going to be bulkier than Mence as well and still faster.

I forgot about Tail Glow. With that and it's tankyness, it should remain uber.

Latios might be a harder hitting SpecsMence but Salamence can pull of a mixed, and Physical sets much better then Latios. Also Salamence has a a bit higher base HP then Latios and their DEF is the same. The Spe. DEF is a nice bit higher then Salamences but most people would only ever have it go up to 256 since Latios isn't the type of pokemon people want taking hits. So when it comes to terms of the bulk they are about even.

Just dropping in on a previous post' date=' more OU teams are starting to use Rain Dance and Swift Swim, so Aero leads will be outsped by all Swift Swim leads.

Also, the abundance of Choice Scarf leads make Aero inferior.

[/quote']

Scarf leads are kind of rare and even so Focus Sash saves you and lets you get the rocks up.

As for Rain Dance, if you think, or know your opponent to be using a Rain Dance lead just use Taunt.

Scarf can outspeed Aerodactyl' date=' so it will die before it can use SRock, if it uses Taunt. If it doesn't use Taunt, it will be an easy setup for your own Rocks.

[/quote']

People rarely put scarf on a Rain Dancer and people, or atleast I, don't use taunt unless I fear a something like Raindance.

Taunt's fantastic for crippling Breloom, it reall screws a lot of things over, that's why Areodactyl is so awesome as a lead, it can Taunt to stop others laying Rocks or to cripple something elses and thanks to its Spe, still pull of its own Stealth Rock.

So......I've been playing shoddy's suspect tier.

Manaphy is a good pokemon and walls well, but it isn't any where near as good as I thought it would be. Most of the wins I get I don't have me do so with Manaphy and my opponent's Manaphy is normally killed fast.

I now think Manaphy should be in OU.

^Grammar... I think it's the unreliable RD that does it, plus with other weather being common in OU it really looses its neiche. (I think that's the right spelling) I don't think anyone will use it outside of a RD team. Although I haven't had experience of it all that much; I don't know how bulky/beasty i actually is, sure I can find out BS but there's only so much damage calculations I can be botherd doing.

Hey Flame, have you ever played the Create a Pokemon server? I've had three battles on it and won all of them without even knowing what the Fakemons are. The next step would be using some of them.

Physical you mean. Yeah Groudon's a Physical Pokemon but in Ubers most people make him a support Pokemon because of his bulk. However seeeing as how his SpA and Special move pool isn't poor why not add a move like Fire Blast that gets a 1.5* power boost because of Sunny Day.

ya i had in emerald a 82 groundon with fire blast, earthquake, match punch (i think), and strength. It wasnt so good but emerald was my first serious game. Blue was a little challangeing for me.

^Grammar... I think it's the unreliable RD that does it' date=' plus with other weather being common in OU it really looses its neiche. (I think that's the right spelling) I don't think anyone will use it outside of a RD team. Although I haven't had experience of it all that much; I don't know how bulky/beasty i actually is, sure I can find out BS but there's only so much damage calculations I can be botherd doing.

Hey Flame, have you ever played the Create a Pokemon server? I've had three battles on it and won all of them without even knowing what the Fakemons are. The next step would be using some of them.

[/quote']

The Grammar isn't that bad.

Even with the Rain Dance it isn't that uber simply because the rain dance is gone in 5 turns, and unless Manaphy sets up the rain you still only have 5 turns after it is set up. One turns goes after you use it. One Turn goes after you use Tail Glow and during those two turns your opponent can easily switch in a count, of which their are a handful. You should try suspect.

No, but I might.

G/S remake would make my year' date=' for now I'll just have to stick to a rom for G/S (since my G/S/C died....)

I would love if they brought an XD/Colo like RPG game out for the Wii. I really enjoy those games although catching every Shadow Pokemon in Colo just annoys me and Ho-Oh takes yonks to get.

I like the whole extra levels (in terms of gym leaders, etc) and rival battles you get in Platinum. Give me something to look forward too.

[/quote']

*Is happily enjoying Pokemon Platinum in english* :P

Archived