YCM: The RP - Strike of the Spambots [ Started/Accepting via OoC]

Jolta

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/253129-ycm-the-rp-strike-of-the-spambots-not-startedaccepting/"]OoC Thread[/url]

It was just another fine, perfect morning in YCM City. A duo of twins were giving a bunch of newbies a tour. This duo is indeed two people, but two people who came under one name - Jolta. I mean, they even share a birth certificate. No one knew why. They fetched a few newbies from the harbour. A massive ship approached, and that meant newbies, lots of them.

"Welcome to YCM!" the duo said in unison. "I hope you enjoy your stay. Lets have a tour!"
It took 55 minutes.

"And our tour's done," the boy said.
"Enjoy the day..." the girl continued.

Next, the duo sprouted wings similiar to an angel's, then flew away from the YCM Fanfic Library. They flew to another part of the town - C&O district. As soon as they saw a Cafe which had the large words 'The Jolteon Clan' on it, they gradually landed in front of it. "I'm glad we brought our DS-es along..." the girl said as they opened the door.
"Of course we did..." the boy said. The duo entered the door. "Jolta reporting for work," the duo spoke in unison once more as they both sat at a table. "Hopefully there will be new members today."

0HS2Hd2.png

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once a person entered the YCM FanFic Library, it was clear who was a constant visitor. She sat on the ground floor, cross legged, surrounded by books. Some were snatched out her hands while the author wrote the new chapters, but the girl simply resumed her reading, picking anoher book out of her ever growing pile. Sometimes she laughed, sometimes she cried. Others, she yelled at the characters of the book as if they were more than works of fiction. Then again, this is YCM City. Anything can happen here.

The girl in question, Star "Wish" Luna, placed down her most recent book. "Later." She told herself. "First, I must check my hangout; The Jolteon Clan. For all I well know, an interesting topic might be about." She fingered the red star on her shimmering necklace. "Let's just hope we don't get yelled at by any more mods. Ok, not yelled at, per sey, but close enough." She shuddered, causing her golden hair to shake lose of it's ponytail. Clicking her tounge she picked up the hair tie.

"Those ban hammers scare the living daylights outta me."

Stacking the books into neat piles, she rushed from the library, nodding to the librarian as she passed, hiding a smile as she passed a sign.

"No Running" the sign proclaimed.

As if anyone was gonna follow that.

Once she left the library, she was back in the hustle and bustle of YCM City. Hard to navigate exactly, but easy to understand. Having memorsed her route, Star only needed her eyes to make sure she didn't collide with another. And so she ran.

After a moment, she ran into the C&O district; a common hangout of hers. Before her was a cafe, with the words "The Jolteon Clan" on it. Without hesitation, she walked in, not at all surprised to see another person already there.

"Hey Jolta!" Star greeted, walking foward with a clear smile. "Did you have fun guiding the new residents around YCM City?"

OoC: In this RP, I'm not another person, I'm two other people XD

"Oh, we had fun alright, a lot, a lot of fun," the duo said.
"Should've used the car," the girl said.
"Our car can't fit 'em all..." the boy commented.
"Good morning to you, Wish," they said in unison once more, "had fun at the Library?"

While they spoke, they were attempting to use their powers to start-up a nuclear-powered coffee machine, which they bought at a low price since no one could find nuclear energy, unless you manipulated it.
"In the meantime, we're waiting for the other guys," the boy spoke.
"Or perhaps," the girl commented, "a new member."

He stood alone about the C&O district with Rebellion Edge in his skilled hands. He walked to a nearby street corner amongst the hustling people and set up a small pedestal with the words "Rock Forever" etched into it. He tuned Rebellion Edge for a few moments and then began to play a few chords for the awaiting people about him. His sound needed no amplification. The passion he put into his music amplified the guitar's sound.

"Holy Diver! you been down to long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me? Ride the tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean oh don't you see what i mean?"

As he continued the song he glanced down into the case of his guitar where laid a small card of paper that read "Points for the Mercenary Musician Man" He continued his tribute to the late God of metal either unaware of how loud he was letting his emotions make the song or not caring how loud his shredding was.

Wish smiled. " 'Course I had fun. I always do, Though, admittedly, some of the new books coming out are bad. Though some of my favorite books updated with new chapters. Which is totally awesome."

After hearing the Jolta Twins (This. Is. Their. New. Name. Mkay?) speak, Wish nodded. "We haven't had a new member in a while." She commented, once again fingering her necklace, this time the orange star. "I suppose not all that many people like Pokemon. And even though we do loads of topics, we get told off for doing different topics too long. That kinda would scare potential members away." She shuddered slightly, hardly noticeable, but the blue star flashed brightly for a moment.

Then loud music split through the conversation. Wish span around and took a few steps towards the door, before glancing into the C&O main square. (YM City's equivalent of the front page, I suppose)

"Hey look Jolta!" Wish pointed outside. "Someone is playing their guitar in the C&O Square!"

[I]"And I think they're using a power too, seeing as how I don't see an ampli-wotsit, but the music is getting louder."[/I] She thought to herself.

The duo looked out.

"For some odd reason," the girl said.
"I have a bad feeling about this," the boy continued.
The glass windows were vibrating. This didn't look like a good sign.
"We can already hear it!" the twins said in unison. The girl opened the door slightly, only to be pushed back by the high levels of sound.
"I'm OK..." she said, "what was he singing?" Next, the girl used a powerful extrasensoric force to stop the windows from vibrating badly.
"He looks sad, I wish I could at least step out and donate some mo-neh," the boy sighed.

The Jolta duo saw the words 'Rock Forever' and 'Points for the Mercenary Music Man'. [i]"Who is this guy, anyways? What's he doing?"[/i] they thought in unison.

Alex dropped a couple of points to the Mercenary Music Man, and walked into "The Jolteon Clan", even though he wasn't in the club. He was friends with the Jolta twins, and smiled when he saw the twins trying to start up the Nuclear-Powered Coffee machine. He spoke one of his few words. "Uh, why is it Nuclear-Powered? Shouldn't that kill us?" His pajamas flowed a little behind him, at least the bottom of the pant leg. He made himself a Vanilla Creme, and sat down. "Well, me and Striker were thinking of making a business. Finally fufill his Law Offices." He sips his Vanilla Creme and relaxed in the chair. "The reason I come here: You guys have good Coffee/Cremes." He says this telepathically to the Jolta Twins.

"Ah, hello Alex. Welcome to the Jolteon Clan," the boy spoke as the duo saw Alex come in, "I'm actually surprised you've hardly been here before."
"The nuclear-powered Coffee Machine? It doesn't store nuclear energy, it converts it to electrical energy, then does what regular coffee machines do," the girl spoke.

As they spoke, the coffee machine was already starting to work.

"Mr. Striker's... Law... offices?" the boy was puzzled. "Sounds like some Police Thing. Do enlighten us."

"It technically is a Police thing. An entire Police Station, to be exact. All three parts. The Officers, Investigators, and, I forgot the last part." He sips his Creme. "It's a shame it's only a work in Progress. I just came from my home in the YCM Ultra Hotel(You need to include Hometown in the Application), and came here to visit you guys. It got real rowdy there. I'm probably gonna get something to eat soon." He took off his glasses. A lightbulb fell from its socket, and Alex stepped out of the way to let it fall. He put his glasses back on. "Weird, huh? I can use weapons with my Glasses on, See the Recent Future without."

Naimo was in her home in the RP quarters, busy writing another post that, co-incidently, seems to be this one. She was resting, as usual, on her guandao, mainly due to her gammy leg; she had been mostly neutral during the great war, yet even then, she had been injured, and it was lasting.

Then again, that was perhaps what one got with being a veteran of the place.

She finished writing (ironic), and then stepped out of her home. She briefly paused, wondering where to go; apart from the RP part of YCM City, she had never really gone anywhere else. Yes, she had done a few stints in other forums, but nowhere had been as home sweet home as her ... home. Thinking about it, she hadn't visited the R.P. 820 cafe for several months; she was probably still a member there, albeit a very inactive and certainly dead one. For now though, Naimo began to make her way to the fanfiction library; maybe there was something worth reading there.

Taisen gave a bow to his audience and his donors. "Thank you, thank you. That piece was Holy Diver by Ronnie James Dio." He packed up his pedestal and put his guitar back in it's case upon finishing. "I'll be here all week thank you!" at that point Taisen simply walked about the streets headed in the direction of the library. Upon his arrival he asked the librarian if there was anything on the olden days of R.P.820. She pointed him in the right direction and he began pouring over the tomes that told of the brave deeds of Andx, Jake The Sage, Tempest Dahlia and Marsuvees Black. He sighed deeply and reminisced. "That was my job...makin you guys look good heheh..."

Ice was hanging out in the Fanfic Library when a girl with a limp began walking toward the door.
"No no, don't everyone get up at once..." Ice muttered to himself. He proceeded to walk over to the door and held it open for the girl, then smiled warmly.
"Hi there. What happened to your leg there?"
The Oshawott Ice created earlier ran up and clinged to his leg. "Osha...Wott?"
He smiled down at his creation, as if to say that there was nothing to worry about. He concentrated for a brief moment, and a Poké ball appeared in his hand, which he absorbed Oshawott into.
"Anyway...So yeh. Your leg?"

It was a beautiful day at The Treehouse as Striker sipped his cold mug of root beer. [i]You got to love the warm weather, the birds in the air, and all of YCM in perfect harmony,[/i] he thought. He crafted The Current Treehouse with his two hands after the original and the intended remake were bombarded by the spambots. He was proud of the work he had accomplished and hoped that his Treehouse would become the greatest club in YCM. Right now, it was just a hang out spot for YCM. He didn't mind as long as it remained somewhat active.

It was at that moment that he heard his pocket organizer go off. [i]I wonder what I'm late for?[/i] He pulled it out and realized that he was supposed to meet Alex at The Jolteon Cafe. [i]Oh crud, I'm going to be late![/i] He set his mug on a nearby table and headed for his BMW.

His BMW was white with blue racing stripes, like it is in Need for Speed Most Wanted. He turned the radio onto his favorite station, which was playing Jeremy by Pearl Jam.

"Drawing pictures of mountain tops with him on top. Lemon yellow sun. Arms raised in a V. The dead lay in pools of marron below."

He started his car and headed for the Cafe. [i]I wonder of Alex is already there.[/i] He went as fast as he legally could until he reached Downtown C/O, which the Cafe was located it. He looked around for the Cafe until he saw the big "The Jolteon Cafe" sign. He parked his car in front of the Cafe and entered it.

"Hello everyone," he said.

He saw Alex sitting in a nearby table. He walked over and took a seat.

"Sorry I'm late Alex. I was busy enjoying the nice weather at The Treehouse."

Tristan was bored. Nothing was interesting him in the RC gallery, and he'd had enough of thinking up his new stuff. He felt it was worth a shot going out and having a little lurk around the C/O district, to see what it was like. He left the gallery and walked up to his motorcycle he had left outside. He undid the lock holding his helmet to the motorcycle, and then the chain that was holding the motorcycle in place. He quickly put on the helmet and mounted his ride. He revved up the engine a few times to make sure it was still in good stead, and soon enough he shot off down the road. He took a left turn at the end and headed southwards, towards the C/O district. Nothing was really running through his mind, as nothing usually was, he just hoped that he didn't run into any spam-bots. He could still recall his last incident with one, where he ended up with only two halves of a bike - Not a fun situation from a mechanic's point of view.

Hiyama walked into the C&O District and checked in with his Vocaloid Project group; apparently they were discussing GUMI and how she can sound life-like.
He brought up his profile interface while talking with the group. "Looks like I gained a few more points. Maybe I should keep this interest rate," he said with a slight chuckle.
After leaving his post for his group by leaving behind an MP3 link to GUMI's "Miracle Gumiracle", Hiyama unconsciously took out his earphones, put them in his ears, and started listening to Hatsune Miku via his Youtube interface. As he sat there, he kept track of the current discussion via the club's pop-up interface since he couldn't hear a word being said. [i]Good thing all this gets recorded automatically, or I'd be in a pretty big mess,[/i] he thought to himself.
Without thinking about it, he started humming along with Miku's voice. [i]To think I can still look professional with earphones. Huh. It must surely be the suit.[/i]

"That lightbulb," the boy said, "needs fixing."
With ease, the girl used her powerful telekinetic powers to replace the bulb. Her hand aimed for the storage door. The storage door opened, a lightbulb came out from it. Next, she raised her arm to the direction of the socket, and the lightbulb fixed itself.
"Perfect," the girl commented. She blushed a little, for she often did.

Just then, Striker came in.

"Ah, why am I not surprised, its Striker! we were about to go to the Treehouse after this," the boy spoke. "Here's the menu. We'll give ya a discount," the boy handed over the menu.
"So, this 'Law Offices', is there any way we can help?" the girl spoke.

Taisen closed up his book. He was done reminiscing for now. He asked to check out the book and after he had done so he placed the book in his seemingly limitless inventory bag and left the library. He wandered the streets aimlessly. Half hoping for a crazed gunman or a evil invasion of demons. But when no such thing happened he sighed and walked down to the Jolteon Cafe'. He muttered to himself about how things were too damn peaceful nowadays and how there isn't really a need for the once glorious RPers anymore. He sat down. Feeling rather defeated he ordered a coffee without looking at his server. He then caught a glimpse of Striker out of his peripheral vision. "Hey Striker. Long time no see eh?" Taisen asked tossing the man a lazy gesture that was equal parts a handwave and the British equivalent of the middle finger

Striker took the menu and noticed they were serving root beer. "I'll take a mug of root beer and a pulled pork sandwich please," asked Striker has he gave the Jolta duo the menu. "If you are heading to The Treehouse, I can drive you there. I brought my BMW instead of taking the bus."

The YCM bus was the main transportation system for citizens. Only a group of members manage to get a car in YCM, Striker used to be a multi-time contest champion, which earned him enough for his BMW. He still had a decent fortune after he bought his car, so he bought the land The Treehouse is on.

"Can you add onion rings to that order as well?" asked Striker.

Striker heard Taisen and responded, "Hey Taisen. How are you doing?"

"No thanks, we've got our own car..." the girl said as she took out a piece of paper and wrote down the orders. Next, she went to the back of the cafe and started cooking stuff.

"Well Strike, I never knew you had such a friend. I saw you from in here, your music was great," the boy smiled at Taisen. I'm supposing that I have to help my sister. Talk to you later..."
With that, he left for the back, to help his twin with the cooking.

Meanwhile, in the skies of C&O district, a hot air balloon was seen flying about the city. No spoilers.
There was a humanoid, mechanical being on the balloon. "Report to master, YCMers are busy in the day, they are presumably sleepy and slumbering in the dark of the night. Bustling city, but not for long..."
The mechanical being smirked. As he flew to the nearby Games Section.

After finishing the current discussion with his group, which ended shortly after he had posted the link, Hiyama got up, switched to a more livelier song, and left the Vocaloid Project building; after all, there was no point in staying when a discussion was starting to die down, and a new topic wouldn't be discussed in a few hours. With music being his only companion, Hiyama walked around the C&O District; he needed some air. His stomach grumbled. [i]Don't tell me I worked up hunger so quickly...[/i]
[i]Might as well go eat.[/i] Hiyama walked around the district looking for a place to eat, but all he could find was a cafe with the sign saying "The Jolteon Clan."
"Aww...I look all over C&O and all I can find is a cafe belonging to another organization?" His stomach grumbled loudly. "I bet Games has something..."

He took a train to the Games District, all while listening to Vocaloid. Once he arrived, he saw several arcades. He knew a few of the larger ones served food, so he walked into the most promising one. "Ramen? Soba? Sounds good to me." He took out his earphones, ordered some food, and ate his fill. He could've sworn he saw two very peculiar twins walk by the arcade while he was eating.

Somewhere near the heart of the C&O district, Sakura was hanging out in his 12th floor office of the Club Espeon building. He had that building constructed a year ago after one of his previous clubs got shot down by the spambots. Originally a club for Pokemon fans to chill out, it gradually became just a place for his friends to relax and talk about 5Ds and other stuff. Although it was fairly empty as of late, Sakura didn't mind as long as it maintained a degree of activity.

"I can't believe it's been over a year since I built this place", he said to himself. "We've got a lot of recognition over the months we've been here, including getting an Honorable Mention from the district."

He looked out of the window at C&O before saying another thing.

"I'm gonna go take a drive around the city since I got nothing else to do", he said once more. "Hopefully, I don't run into any spambots along the way."

Sakura picked up his skateboard from the side of the office and walked towards the elevator to go downstairs.

Wish had taken herself to a small table in the corner, to simply listen. She'd been tired lately, after that MASSIVE sprots carnival in the area outside of YCM City. Man, that had been hard. Wish knew she was good at soccer, but goalie, no. Damn.

Slightly bored, and finding no place in the current conversation, she pulled her I-Pod from her pocket. Flicking through the playlists, she stopped on a song.
"Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
One nation controlled by the media."
She smiled slightly. Green Day, along with Linkin Park and Metallica, was her favorite band. Though WHY she still had Hilary Duff songs on her I-Pod she had NO idea......

A small star on her necklace suddenly felt warm, jerking her from her song listening. This was strange. Her necklace NEVER felt hot except when in use.
Something was very wrong.
What, she couldn't be quite sure.
She hoped this wasn't going to affect her plans.
And especially not her plans for 3 weeks.
Oh god no.
[I]"I hope I'm wrong"[/I]

"Goodbye Jolta Twins." Alex smiled as he walked out the door, after giving them a few points for the Creme. He was one of the richer members of the City, accumulating points over time, rarely using them. But, he didn't own a Car. He just walked everywhere. He went pretty fast with walking, it's just how he was. He walked into the RP district, which was some distance away, saving a Place he visited some from being torn down again. Then he went into a couple of other buildings, smiling as he worked for points. But then, he went to the city's Grocery Store, which was for all people. It connected to all the districts, just in the middle. He walked in and bought a few necessities, plus a video game. No matter, he could always gain more at his workplaces.

"It feels good to get out of C&O for a while" Sakura said to himself as he jumped into the front seat of his car, a silver 2010 Nissan Altima.

It wasn't an expensive model, only cost less than 12,000 points and worked pretty well. Like a lot of the older members, Sakura had enough points to keep going for a while but rarely spends them unless he needs to.

As he drove out of the parking lot of the Club Espeon building, he began to turn on the radio and flipped through all the stations, but none of them had any songs he wanted to listen to. He began to drive a couple miles to the CC Section to see what was new there. Since he could only visit there once a month due to the long drive from C&O to there, it was important for him to know what was happening.

Alex was the 423rd richest member, plus the Points left to him in Christian-Exodia's will, which was written shortly before he disappeared, gave him many points. Funny... a 12 year old is one of the richest members of YCM City, also one of the youngest. Yet, Christian-Exodia was pointless at his disappearance. Alex waved to Sakura on the way to the store, as he saw him drive the main road. He walked into the Grocery Store. Buying a Candy Bar, Chips, Hot Dogs and Buns, Hamburgers and Buns, Soda, and a few Freezer snacks. Most of them were for the party later. At the last second, he got Cookie Dough. He paid the nice man, and walked out.

Archived