Super Showdown Society (closed)

As for the tournament itself, we could try something like "Doubles where no two pokemon can share a type".  At the very least it would make people have to think on their toes with teambuilding.

So far. This has a couple votes on it.

Two people have said LC

And also two (including in PM) have said Monotype.

Those are the ones it seems to choose from out of them all. However I would like more input. I don't want to wind up with nobody joining.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monotype, LC or Random battles have my votes

Monotype as it could be fun.

LC same as above.

Random as, while it takes away your freedom of building your own team, it lets you show your skill due to giving you Pokemon from various tiers and you don't know what your opponent has.

Monotype, LC or Random battles have my votes

Monotype as it could be fun.

LC same as above.

Random as, while it takes away your freedom of building your own team, it lets you show your skill due to giving you Pokemon from various tiers and you don't know what your opponent has.

Problem with Random is that you could get a bunch of bad NU guys, and your opponent could get a bunch of Ubers 'Mons. It makes it hard to win an unbalanced fight.

Problem with Random is that you could get a bunch of bad NU guys, and your opponent could get a bunch of Ubers 'Mons. It makes it hard to win an unbalanced fight.

I have been playing random battles for a while and you usually get a decently mixed team. Even if your opponent gets ubers they will be a lower level than other tiers to help balance it out. I do see your point though and that is where the fun can happen in my opinion.

The trouble with randbats is that it's hard to make any predictions due to the lack of team preview and the random nature of teams making it impossible to know what your opponent has. It's also not really the ubers that are the issue because they're so low-leveled, but stuff that's higher-leveled and able to destroy teams like Scyther and Sigilyph.

The trouble with randbats is that it's hard to make any predictions due to the lack of team preview and the random nature of teams making it impossible to know what your opponent has. It's also not really the ubers that are the issue because they're so low-leveled, but stuff that's higher-leveled and able to destroy teams like Scyther and Sigilyph.

I see your point, while randoms are fun they are hard to predict, they aren't the best for competitive tournaments.

Currently I'm leaning more for Monotype and LC, I included Randoms in my votes as it is now the one I play most (Gen 1 randoms never fail to amuse me level 99 Kakunas, Metapods and Magikarps). We could do a Random tournament at some point for fun though.

Thing is, the bad NU guys aren't as terrible as you think, due to the nature of random battles.

I swept with a Vanilluxe before and it's low tier.

Monotype is a lot dependant on what type you choose, so it's maybe a bit too matchup-reliant. Maybe Monotype with one different pokemon to cover up the stacked weakness?

Kinda sorta. But I've beaten both Flying and Fire Monotypes with a Bug one. I know it's just one example but it's not as dependent as it first appears.

As for this. Team Preview wasn't a thing before....I think Gen 5? So keep that in mind. Keep in mind both sides have the same limitations, so it's still not totally unfair.

However so far Monotype, or Little Cup seems the most likely candidates.

As for this. Team Preview wasn't a thing before....I think Gen 5? So keep that in mind. Keep in mind both sides have the same limitations, so it's still not totally unfair.

Which is why I mentioned the random nature of teams. A clever player will often be able to predict what mons the opponent had (a hazard heavy team having a ghost and/or a scarf tyranitar to keep spinners in check, to give a simple example), whereas with randbats there's absolutely no way you can guess.

Which is why I mentioned the random nature of teams. A clever player will often be able to predict what mons the opponent had (a hazard heavy team having a ghost and/or a scarf tyranitar to keep spinners in check, to give a simple example), whereas with randbats there's absolutely no way you can guess.

Yeah I understand that. However from what I played, it's kinda fun strategy trying to bait out the Pokemon  you don't know about and stuff like that.

It's certainly a....different kind of game I won't deny that. But generally you don't get so screwed over you can't win (As long as you don't get into a "I can't win with these" mindset.)

And Giga in, will add in a moment. Good another person I know I can easily bug about participating.

Alright no objections, or if there are any, TOO BAD. I AM THE LAW!

*ahem*

Please excuse me for my lack of fancy, Kyng is better at being fancy.

[spoiler=SSS Little Cup Monotype Tournament]

[spoiler=Rules]1.) All teams must be Little Cup teams.

2.) All Pokemon on the team must share a same type, which will be decided on once you sign up. (For instance, if I pick Normal, I can only use Pokemon with Normal typing, however something like Normal/Flying is fine too).

3.) Tournament will be single elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

4.) No LC Ubers. (Set the team tier to LC and it will filter out the LC Uber pokemon.)

5.) Whatever team you use in your first match cannot be changed.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]1000 Points

[spoiler=Participants] 1.) Lord CowCow/Ne-Class(Type: TBD)

[spoiler=Sign-up]Sign-ups will last for 5 days (Last day, 23rd). Must post here saying you wish to join, and what Type you will use.

First come, first serve, if 3 others have chosen the Type you want, you must pick another.

You won't be accepted until you send the 250 points to me.

Archived