Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in with Fighting Types.

Send points and such then. ^^

Erm, on second thought, I'm gonna pull out. If I change my mind, I might join back in, but in the meantime I'll be off the list.

Shouldn't...make...joke....

Anyway, sorry to see you go. But okay, hopefully you'll come back later.

I gotta make up for something, as I kinda ended up last in the last tour. :3

Also, something I noticed while laddertraining, I said this earlier about monotype: If someone was to have a Fletchling against my team, what could I possibly do against it? It has prio so it can't be revenged, and there are 0 fighting/steel or fighting/rock types in LC. I EV'd one of my mons so it could withstand 1 acrobatics IF it doesnt crit, and I have to hope for stone edge to hit afterwards else my whole team is swept. And even if I did get rid of that one Fletchling, the other flying-types would still sweep me. That would lead to a battle that was decided before even being played, which kinda sux imo.

But as the tour is already in the starting process, feel free to ignore my rant. o/

Actually, not trying to improve my chances or anything, but a Fletchling ban might be a good idea. Talonflame is banned in big monotype because it basically makes Grass, Bug and Fighting unviable and it'll be much the same here (maybe Lileep on grass but that's basically the only thing that can check it on those 3 types). I think banning Fletch will make it a lot easier to actually have a variety of teams so it's not dominated by normal, flying and whatever type has enough things to beat Fletch.

I gotta make up for something, as I kinda ended up last in the last tour. :3

Also, something I noticed while laddertraining, I said this earlier about monotype: If someone was to have a Fletchling against my team, what could I possibly do against it? It has prio so it can't be revenged, and there are 0 fighting/steel or fighting/rock types in LC. I EV'd one of my mons so it could withstand 1 acrobatics IF it doesnt crit, and I have to hope for stone edge to hit afterwards else my whole team is swept. And even if I did get rid of that one Fletchling, the other flying-types would still sweep me. That would lead to a battle that was decided before even being played, which kinda sux imo.

But as the tour is already in the starting process, feel free to ignore my rant. o/

You won't get STAB, but you can probably still find an attack that is super-effective, then go the Sash route. Probably too much dedication to the cause, but at least it would work... kinda...

Actually, not trying to improve my chances or anything, but a Fletchling ban might be a good idea. Talonflame is banned in big monotype because it basically makes Grass, Bug and Fighting unviable and it'll be much the same here (maybe Lileep on grass but that's basically the only thing that can check it on those 3 types). I think banning Fletch will make it a lot easier to actually have a variety of teams so it's not dominated by normal, flying and whatever type has enough things to beat Fletch.

This is a better idea than what i said.

Hmm. I suppose might work.

Well I'd like Muddy and Sands opinions on this, as they're also very affected. But I suppose it does make sense.

http://challonge.com/ezgpn70

Tournament will officially begin on the 25th, 12:00 PM (CST Time)

Giving a little time for everyone to be sure to be ready, and realize it's happening.

Everyone involved in the first Round and second, please contact your opponent (Giga is Ri-Class, UE is Chi-Class) and battle.

The winner must share the battle here. (At end of a battle, click the Share Replay button at the lower-left and copy the link).

Tournament will officially begin on the 25th, 12:00 PM (CST Time)

Giving a little time for everyone to be sure to be ready, and realize it's happening.

Heh...heh.....

funk IT STARTING NOW THEN!

(No worries iHop, should've been more clear on when this'd be.)

GO BATTLE YOUR HEARTS OUT!

Will PM everyone (besides iHop and UE apparently) soon.

Yes, obviously, bad UE. XD (btw, close match, that was pretty cool)

Anyway. Here's the dealio peeps. Starting it now for everyone. PM incoming.

http://challonge.com/ezgpn70

Alright folks. Here's how I want this done. Contact your opponent as soon as you can. I want the first matches out of the way in a 24 hour period if possible. I'll give some leeway if you can explain why it's an issue, but only some.

Matches to be had are:

JamesMuddy vs Tinkerer (Winner faces Kazooie)

Self-Destruct Button vs Giga/Ri-Class

Me vs Durendal (Oh my, host and co-host of Forbidden Star battling right off the bat.)

Good luck, have fun, and utterly destroy the competition

Archived