Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Given that there are 10 days left in January, it looks like nobody cared about this month's challenge enough to actually do something.

However, I refuse to give up.

February, being most well-known for love, shall have as its challenge Fusions with all Materials being named.

You must build a Deck designed to turbo out a Fusion monster of your choice with specifically named Materials. You must run that monster at 3, and shape your Deck around Summoning it.

Notable Decks you can build:

●Any Spiritrinket build you damned well please- with only 4 exceptions, every Spiritrinket Fusion uses named Materials. Bonus points for actually trying to run Darbas, Spiritrinket of the Sacred Tome, which I designed as a very powerful joke- trying to Summon it is asinine.

●A Toon Deck based around Toon Fusion. This way, you can use classic monsters you may have an attachment to, such as Dark Paladin, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, or B. Skull Dragon.

●Any Amazoni build. All their Fusions rely on named Materials, and as a bonus they can be Contact Fusioned.

●Certain Fiendrache builds. A good deal of their Fusions require names, with 3 exceptions off the top of my head.

●Double Thorn Dragon, a "generic" Fusion in line with Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon. (Check the Generics thread)

●Any Zord build. All their Fusions require names.

●Darkhorse Victory Turbo. Not exactly the ideal Darkhorse build, because they really really like their Synchro, but a Heavy Storm on legs that you can Contact Fusion (that is Summoned by destroying[!] its mats) is pretty sweet.

So, if you want to take part in February's challenge, maybe you can check out the indicated cards.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. . . Jeez, a lot of our cards are me.

Dynamage, Tareya, Fallen Champion, D-Order, Fiendrache, Cookie Kingdom, Amazoni, Exl, and like half our Generics on top of all that.

It's alright. I like the fact that the founder's very active. It shows that they care about their club or section.

Given that there are 10 days left in January, it looks like nobody cared about this month's challenge enough to actually do something.

However, I refuse to give up.

February, being most well-known for love, shall have as its challenge Fusions with all Materials being named.

You must build a Deck designed to turbo out a Fusion monster of your choice with specifically named Materials. You must run that monster at 3, and shape your Deck around Summoning it.

Notable Decks you can build:

●Any Spiritrinket build you damned well please- with only 4 exceptions, every Spiritrinket Fusion uses named Materials. Bonus points for actually trying to run Darbas, Spiritrinket of the Sacred Tome, which I designed as a very powerful joke- trying to Summon it is asinine.

●A Toon Deck based around Toon Fusion. This way, you can use classic monsters you may have an attachment to, such as Dark Paladin, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, or B. Skull Dragon.

●Any Amazoni build. All their Fusions rely on named Materials, and as a bonus they can be Contact Fusioned.

●Certain Fiendrache builds. A good deal of their Fusions require names, with 3 exceptions off the top of my head.

●Double Thorn Dragon, a "generic" Fusion in line with Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon. (Check the Generics thread)

●Any Zord build. All their Fusions require names.

●Darkhorse Victory Turbo. Not exactly the ideal Darkhorse build, because they really really like their Synchro, but a Heavy Storm on legs that you can Contact Fusion (that is Summoned by destroying[!] its mats) is pretty sweet.

So, if you want to take part in February's challenge, maybe you can check out the indicated cards.

Could you link me to the thread of the aforementioned Toon Fusion?

It's part of Dova's Toon support thread:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348482-written-dovas-toon-supportcards-7/

Tl;dr on that effect-

You have to use at least one Toon monster for the Fusion Summon, and Toons can count as their non-Toon counterparts. If all the Fusion Materials are Toons, the Fusion monster also becomes a Toon.

Out of fairness, some of us did start school again so likely we were too busy to really focus on doing a Deck challenge this month. Or yeah, Reptiles aren't our thing.

Let's see what happens though, but besides you and Nyx, I haven't seen the rest of the members in here too much (that's probably Catman and Garland), Talim has been absent in here for quite a while now and MetalSonic quit.

===

Still need to look for new project though; will at least give me something to work with, as opposed to designing more generic stuff or getting cardmaker's block.

Yeah, I'm going to be busy with paperwork the next couple weeks so not much time for cardmaking either; at least Archetypal. Let's see what happens though; maybe I can do legacy support for AGM Successors in the form of Gadjiltron and some other notables. (May need to remind self who else was in here and contributed stuff)

Life Stream would've been good if it didn't require Power Tool as a material; think a few other guys in TCG said the same thing a few months back when it got brought up. Black-Winged needs more burn Decks to exist if it wants to be relevant (and no, Chain Burn doesn't help).

Suppose we could retrain LSD so it can actually function on its own.

====

As an off-topic note, yes I got a partial name change (as in removing the part that no one ever uses; not even me), but everything else is the same. If you guys were paying attention on Discord (and when I mentioned the Flyer archetype a while back), you can figure out where the name comes from and why it's formatted like this.

It took me a while to realize that Dragons are criminally underrepresented in the AGM despite being founded by the frickin' Dragon Lord.

Dragon archetypes created expressly for the group:

Des-Draco (a present for me)

Steel Dragon (kinda crappy outside its fricking amazing RUM)

Blossom Dragon (kinda small)

Dragon archetypes added from outside the group:

Dragon Rulers

Chthonian

Serpent Night

AGM-approved archetypes with dragons in them, but not "Dragon archetypes"

Gold-Eyes (Gold-Eyes Dowsing Dragon, plus the Synchros it goes into)

Fiendrache (50/50 Dragon/Fiend)

Toon (Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Ryu-Ran, and the AGM has added Galaxy-Eyes)

In fact, the current most prominent Types are Warrior, Fiend (hi, Nyx!), Rock, and Reptile of all things.

I'll just leave the prompts for future stuff I might make if time/interest permits.

Shísān Xīngzuò
Do you remember Morphtronic, by any chance? Maybe you're more familiar with UA. In any case, give them inverse Future Fusion and some mild milling and that's about where that goes. These LIGHT monsters of various Types can tag out to other archetype members in your hand at the end of any turn, and when they're Special Summoned a different effect activates depending on the position you Summoned them in. This leads to some interesting multidimensional plays, but most people who play the Deck will probably run a mill variant that searches their archetypal Fusion Spell, which shuffles mats from the hand and Graveyard back into your Deck to bring out their finall boss. Depending on how you play them, you can run this archetype in offensive and control variants . . . but either way, a boss with 800 original ATK and DEF for each mat used has to count for something . . .

Fusion Zoodiac 2.0, gogogo.

Cleaver Draco

"Dracoborn is really the greatest of meat related expert. all close-acquaintance of mine whose a Dracoborn always end up succeeding in life within meat butchering and culinary business. its like they born with the equal parts of instinct, genius, and passion to skillfully cut and process any animal to an artful  fine food to anybody... but truth to be told, no matter how genuinely-good they are as individual among us...their out-of this world knife work is truly scary...especially since olden-and-war-scorched days of this kingdom the Dracoborn is formerly known as the Elite Troop of  Weapon Masters called the Cleaver Draco that ensure every body that they can found is minced as fine as the grounds of the battlefield"
                                                                                                                                                                                       -Chef Deefus Cobaltloin, former Lieutenant of the Cleaver Draco-

an archetype of Dragon-type monster taking the quote "Cutting down things in every aspect" almost literally. consist of Main-deck and Xyz Monster that parallel each other on Level/Rank 1,2,4, and 8. therefore to fulfill that wide range of Rank they specialize to Halving and/or Doubling Levels. having problem in battle due to stat? just use any combination of Halving and/or Doubling stat. lack of material? you can literally "halve" a Cleaver Draco to summon a Spell/trap card as monster that is the "other half" of the Clever Draco that summon it. their Xyz monster is having a special gimmick involving how skillful your "butchering" skill by actually use multiple of same monster for summon an bunch of Xyz with different Rank OR when you manage to use an opponent monster as material

Barriamphithere

Welcome to defensive dragon training 101, where the goal is not to encourage the aggressive stereotype, but rather show that they can be defensive as needed.

But seriously, most of these monsters involve lockdown combinations that prevent either the opponent or both players from doing certain actions, including summon locks, effect sealing and whatever you can imagine. As they go into the Extra Deck, some of them start having dual locks on and most of them are going to make the opponent ragequit because they can't do anything, or least not much if they can't bypass the support cards these have. 

Only thing you need to worry about is that outside the Extra Deck bosses, which have very high ATK and DEF (as in Rainbow Dragon / FGD-level stats), the rest of the stuff is pretty much passive and won't be attacking any time soon. 

(Stall now has a new meaning, and backed by everything SR02 has to offer them.)

Shall we add more Dragons for the AGM? (Last one is your name, but my theme. Former two have my names, but your theme (the Zodiac one) and that other member for Cleaver Dracos.

B/B/B

If Himika ever played a children's card game, then isn't it only proper that this Deck be a mirror of her two son's Decks?

Anyway, B/B/B is a Deck focused around extreme money practices and company management, and could very well be considered the equivalent of running a multi-million dollar enterprise [finding heavy tax exemptions to save money, cut costs, etc]. The monsters set up the plays by drawing out Spell/Trap Cards that then reflect current policies; some that are equitable for both sides and others which can be correlated to shady business deals and multiple contract breaches. Like D/D/D, these have a variety of summoning methods bar Pendulums, but who needs them? Just be careful you don't run out of support cards because the monsters suffer a bit without them (oh, and make sure the opponent doesn't hate you afterwards).

Don't make this a ripoff of D/D's (and I still can't play these outside the old versions). Also that I'm not a business major, so...

Cheetah Racer

A group of Beast-Warrior monsters with a need for speed. If you love playing card games on motorcycles, these cats will stick by your side to the end. Their abilities cost Speed Counters, making them seem like they're only any good with a Speed World, but that's not true. You see, every time you summon a Cheetah Racer, all the other ones gain speed counters, and they're a versatile archetype, with effects for removal, draw power, and even burn damage. Kind of a Cloudian-meets-Turbo-Dueling concept.

Oh good, I can make Yosenju/Speedroids 2.0. [Name is mine, general concept is ChampionZero]

(Also excuse to use theme song from one of the very shows that even air on TV down here and that I care about)

I still have a ways to go, but here are the first cards: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360666-agm-legacy-support/

Say, for which archetype is this card support for?

Des-Playful Sprite

LIGHT 1*

Fiend/Effect

If the level of a monster(s) on the field change, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, target 1 of those monsters; declare a level from 1 to 6. This card and that target become the declared level. If this card is detached to activate an Xyz monster's effect, you can banish 2 other cards from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.

100/100

Say, for which archetype is this card support for?

Des-Playful Sprite

LIGHT 1*

Fiend/Effect

If the level of a monster(s) on the field change, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, target 1 of those monsters; declare a level from 1 to 6. This card and that target become the declared level. If this card is detached to activate an Xyz monster's effect, you can banish 2 other cards from your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.

100/100

I'd been going in order. That was supposed to help the Playful Demons. I probably should note that some of the cards are actually generic cards, but mostly there to help that particular archetype's running theme. Besides the Playful Demons, I did the same with the AntiHERO, Millennium and the to-be-posted Inner Demon support cards as well.

I'd been going in order. That was supposed to help the Playful Demons. I probably should note that some of the cards are actually generic cards, but mostly there to help that particular archetype's running theme. Besides the Playful Demons, I did the same with the AntiHERO, Millennium and the to-be-posted Inner Demon support cards as well.

Then why isn't it a Playful Demon or a Pendulum card?

Then why isn't it a Playful Demon or a Pendulum card?

I didn't want to make it a Pendulum card as I didn't feel that another Pendulum was what they needed, and making it a Playful Demon without making it a Pendulum would have broken the whole thing they had going. Ultimately, it just came down to personal card design decisions.

I didn't want to make it a Pendulum card as I didn't feel that another Pendulum was what they needed, and making it a Playful Demon without making it a Pendulum would have broken the whole thing they had going. Ultimately, it just came down to personal card design decisions.

So it has no relation to the archetype; did you mean for it to be indirect support?

So it has no relation to the archetype; did you mean for it to be indirect support?

Yeah, pretty much. No direct relation, but practically a member due to its stats, PS-ability, ability to recur, and ability for it to help go into any of the archetypal Xyzs. Just not by name (it's trying so hard! All it wants is love and acceptance!)

Yeah, pretty much. No direct relation, but practically a member due to its stats, PS-ability, ability to recur, and ability for it to help go into any of the archetypal Xyzs. Just not by name (it's trying so hard! All it wants is love and acceptance!)

Though the problem with that is the interactions with cards outside of the archetype. Sure, the only archetype off the top of my head is Gagaga, but it's still something to consider or note.

Archived