Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Nyx! Nice new avatar.

I literally had nothing else I wanted to say. Hey, totally random question, which of the following sounds more fair to the bunch of y'all? Activating Normal and Counter Traps from the hand twice per turn on either player's turn, or Activating them from the Graveyard once per Chain and banishing them face-down when they resolve?

Hey, Nyx! Nice new avatar.

I literally had nothing else I wanted to say. Hey, totally random question, which of the following sounds more fair to the bunch of y'all? Activating Normal and Counter Traps from the hand twice per turn on either player's turn, or Activating them from the Graveyard once per Chain and banishing them face-down when they resolve?

Why thank you! Got it from this:

1db19eb0535350145cbe439f6bb626dd.jpg

The latter sounds more fair. The former reminds me of Makyura the Destructor, wereas the latter require use and are only to be used once after.

Maybe if it were only Normal Traps, it would be a nice counterpart to "Library of Sanctuary", an AGM Field Spell that lets either player use Normal Spells from their hand during either player's turn, but otherwise the latter sounds mildly more fair, albeit with a restriction that it can't be used the same turn it was sent to the Graveyard.

Also, just noticed that Mahou Shoujo Tracer has Sakura's (as in the Cardcaptor) logo on her back.

Hey Nyx, since I'm slowly but surely going through the AGM Archetype support, I'd like you to take a look at your Four Horsemen, because I believe there's a bit of an issue with them: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342303-agm-the-end-is-near-invoker-of-the-four-horsemen-archetype/

I believe you'll understand what I mean, but I'll respond in case you don't see it.

Well, until they're taken care of:

[spoiler February Challenge]

Monsters:

3 Nighty-Night Mighty Knight

3 Lady of the Night Sky

3 War the Horseman

3 Famine the Horseman

3 Pestilence the Horseman

3 Death the Horseman

Spells:

3 Sacred Tome of Oberon

3 Innocent Starter

1 Eternal Blaze

3 Secret Ambition

3 Polymerization

3 Fusion Wisdom

2 Proxydon

1 Soul Charge

Traps:

2 Apology of the Downtrodden

1 Dynamic Fusion

Extra:

3 Nighttime Paladin

1 Star Kaiser

1 Star Conqueror

1 Numerix-069: Eerie Aura

2 Rotted Titanide

2 Sink Roe Tuna

1 Wall of Thorns

1 Yuka the Swordmistress

1 Phantom Requiem Dragon

1 Kurama the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox

1 Xerneas the Ruler of Eternal Life

Most of the stuff is from the generics thread which, I'm suddenly discovering, has quite a few powerful cards...

Hey Nyx, since I'm slowly but surely going through the AGM Archetype support, I'd like you to take a look at your Four Horsemen, because I believe there's a bit of an issue with them: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342303-agm-the-end-is-near-invoker-of-the-four-horsemen-archetype/

I believe you'll understand what I mean, but I'll respond in case you don't see it.

If it's their speed, it's pretty late for that. Plus I took MetalSonic's advice on expanding upon.

If it's their speed, it's pretty late for that. Plus I took MetalSonic's advice on expanding upon.

Okay, Tinkerer, just stabilize your ratios for those "12 Horsemen" and you'll be good.

Oh, also, Nyx, the four Horsemen themselves are unsummonable, because they can only be Summoned by "Invocation of the Horsemen", but the closest you come to that is "Invocation of the Four Horsemen".

Actually, it's neither of those things (though Draconus caught something completely valid, too). It's the Horsemen themselves. Their shuffle effect isn't once per turn, and their effects cannot be negated, right? Essentially running all four at 3 is like running a 28 card deck since you can always just shuffle them until you get a non-horseman.

Also, fixed my deck. Kinda using it to illustrate my point.

Actually, it's neither of those things (though Draconus caught something completely valid, too). It's the Horsemen themselves. Their shuffle effect isn't once per turn, and their effects cannot be negated, right? Essentially running all four at 3 is like running a 28 card deck since you can always just shuffle them until you get a non-horseman.

Also, fixed my deck. Kinda using it to illustrate my point.

I could add a clause, but the negation protection shall remain.

Also Tinkerer, if you ever touch upon Section XII, might I suggest a Spell/Trap Card? Mainly because each monster is a character from the show. I think the only thing I didn't make into a card was Corpo dei Preti Armati (Armed Priest Corps).

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341630-agm-section-xiii-archetype/?fromsearch=1

Some notes for Tinkerer concerning the stuff I made for AGM that he hasn't made yet (or still in process of):

• Fantasy Wyverns are a Level 7/8 Synchro thing; remember that the names have something to do with the sun/moon (day/night) in Chinese and Japanese. It may be in your best interest to make Spell/Trap support. 
  • Show Jumpers are named after colors in Hawaiian (the rainbow and black/white). They need more Spell/Trap supports so go for them if you get there. 
  • Sunbeasts are mini floodgates with a drawback at being level 5+. I suppose you could take the SR01 route and give them a ton of Tributing options like the Vassals (Kâkela is sort of one, and does combo with Edea/Eidos last time I checked). Need to modify the OP though, because I did add stuff that is not there. [Much like with Show Jumpers, any new monsters will have to be named in Hawaiian]
  • RI-ON needs more S/T supports, but they could appreciate more Extra Deck members and all. Just make sure they are named after high powered Dragons from the Dragon Drive card game. (Not the best link in the world because all cards are in Japanese, but here's a list of available options: http://www.hatatoy.jp/card/dragon_drive/index.html)
  • Cheetah Racers are more/less done (they're recent). Spell/Trap stuff would be highly appreciated though, considering I only gave them the Field Spell to start plays.

The links to these can be found in sig or on the OP of this club.

Also Tinkerer, if you ever touch upon Section XII, might I suggest a Spell/Trap Card? Mainly because each monster is a character from the show. I think the only thing I didn't make into a card was Corpo dei Preti Armati (Armed Priest Corps).

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341630-agm-section-xiii-archetype/?fromsearch=1

Some notes for Tinkerer concerning the stuff I made for AGM that he hasn't made yet (or still in process of):

• Fantasy Wyverns are a Level 7/8 Synchro thing; remember that the names have something to do with the sun/moon (day/night) in Chinese and Japanese. It may be in your best interest to make Spell/Trap support. 
  • Show Jumpers are named after colors in Hawaiian (the rainbow and black/white). They need more Spell/Trap supports so go for them if you get there. 
  • Sunbeasts are mini floodgates with a drawback at being level 5+. I suppose you could take the SR01 route and give them a ton of Tributing options like the Vassals (Kâkela is sort of one, and does combo with Edea/Eidos last time I checked). Need to modify the OP though, because I did add stuff that is not there. [Much like with Show Jumpers, any new monsters will have to be named in Hawaiian]
  • RI-ON needs more S/T supports, but they could appreciate more Extra Deck members and all. Just make sure they are named after high powered Dragons from the Dragon Drive card game. (Not the best link in the world because all cards are in Japanese, but here's a list of available options: http://www.hatatoy.jp/card/dragon_drive/index.html)
  • Cheetah Racers are more/less done (they're recent). Spell/Trap stuff would be highly appreciated though, considering I only gave them the Field Spell to start plays.

The links to these can be found in sig or on the OP of this club.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to keep this in mind.

Of the archetypes I've made, not counting my personal fun projects, the archetype that needs help the most is Flarem, because they don't have very many good Rank 5 to go into outside their 3 archetypal ones (which don't do much besides trolling).

Next, though, you'll be doing Gold-Eyes, and the design notes on that one are essentially that every Main Deck member parallels a monster used by someone who owned an -Eyes Dragon, and all their Synchros follow a naming scheme based on the ace monsters of the rivals of YGO series from GX to Arc-V: Gold-Eyes Armed Dragon, the Level 9, is obviously a reference to the Armed Dragon line; Gold-Eyes Red Dragon references RDA; Gold-Eyes Stellar Dragon references Kaito's Galaxy-Eyes love; and Gold-Eyes Imperial Dragon is a reference to the "evil empire" theme that early D/D/D had.

Stuff I've made outside AGM (in order as listed in sig):

• Transform Flower (literally incomplete right now, and only being used for a 5Ds hybrid fic.)
  • Psychic Hero is fine, outside being Eeveelution-based. (All of them have been ported to the generics)
  • Pokemon sets (mostly series stuff; a lot of them have been ported to our generics thread)
  • Psychic Dragons (Outside of wording fixes and probably something to help them adapt to the new mechanics [screw VRAINS], mostly fine. I guess anti-Zoodiac help)
  • Mods of Fantasy World (dead project; spiritual successor is probably YCM Heavenly Sovereign, which IS an AGM prompt. Only thing is that Black/Roxas are no longer staff, and we certainly have less now than when the idea was conceived)
    • Can probably work with the active staff now (albeit Rai is seriously inactive) and former mods can just be called "Retired [x]"
  • Flyers are more/less done at this point (all of them are reindeer/Christmas related). Just for the record, my current username is a reference to this. [They otherwise play like a Beast version of ZPD; in fact, Flyers are the forerunner to them)
  • Speaking of ZPD, probably should be fine now [Links won't bug them too much, as I tend not to ED much outside Number 71 / Numerix-92 or Tiger King]. May be of some use to accelerate their summoning power though.
  • Accelerator Satellites should be fine. (Also Dova's supposedly coming back next week [or this week], so you can get on him about not making Nyx's stuff or not replying to his own Secret Santa gift I made for him after work)

====

YCM Heavenly Sovereign
A set of Level 10 Ritual Monsters with one consistent ability: Banishing a ton of cards from one location at once, like a boss. They're based off the Mods of the YCM forums, and are all LIGHT, with a great deal of ATK and a no-negation clause in their effects to boot. Basically total tanks unless you can overpower 4000 ATK on the  "weak" members. They are all Summoned by the Ritual Spell: Rage of The Mods.

I'll probably modify the prompt a bit to incorporate lower members and stuff (YCM Nekroz much?) Also saving 4000 for BIG bosses (although the Supers don't exactly have a ton of info to work from or to make them this high). 

If we go by post count, then it probably will end up like Nekroz (and I'll be the strongest member; well, there's an almost 10,000 post jump between me and Flame Dragon in post count, but around 14,000 [give/take] if Black were still on the job)

Just fix it whenever you get time. 

As for Tinkerer, I added another note for Sunbeasts, but just the naming thing (any new monster has to be named the Hawaiian word for the respective animal, and because Beast-Type, they're mammals). Just to make it easier for Show Jumper [colors] / Sunbeasts [animals], use this to find the corresponding word: http://wehewehe.org (should be the first entry).

Archived